So Close! How Would You Have Handled The Cat And Mouse?

andrea prey governor chase

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
In last night's episode, Prey, Andrea and the Guv had a real cat and mouse game in the warehouse. It was shot very well and made me jump several times. I know that the Guv was hearding Andrea with the truck in the field by blowing the horn. He wanted her to go to the warehouse. Thinking the Guv was walker fodder, Andrea strolled back to the prison and came so close. I really didn't see that one coming. My question is how would you have handled the chase. You need to leave Woodbury and warn your friends at the prison, how would you go about doing it. Would you steal a car and blast your way out? Would you sneak out? Would you use the warehouse as a way to kill the Guv? Ideas?
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
I would've broken my neck jumping over the wall, tbh.

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
I'd sneak out very early morning at sunrise, and I certainly wouldn't be running right in the middle of the road.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

bulby37

bulby37

S-mart Employee

• Members
TG would have been a confirmed kill, or I would have died trying. I think Andrea's reluctance to kill the living has betrayed her in this particular instance.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
Sneak out. I think Andreas only mistake was not getting tyreese and his sister off of that wall in time. She shouldn't have let them see her. But then again what's a show without action or a chase. So it's arguable

Skeet

Skeet

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNorth Augusta, SC
I think the one thing I would do different from Andrea that I noticed on last night's show is this - If I were walking around in the woods, and I heard something coming up behind me, I would turn around to see what it was. By doing this, I wouldn't end up with a walker grabbing me in a choke hold and holding me against a tree and TG wouldn't catch me off guard while I'm waiving from behind the treeline at the prison. I don't like reading a lot of the nit picking I see in the forums about the show, but I can't get over how walkers and TG are able to ninja attack peeps in the woods. Unless you're an ole school Cherokee or something, you can't sneak up on peeps in the woods like they do in this show without being heard. Anyway, to answer your question--- If I were Andrea, I'd sneak out, but I'd maintain my sneakiness once I got out. I wouldn't go runnin down the middle of the highway. You'd be too out in the open for walkers, and too easy to spot if you're being chased by the living. I would look to score an abandoned car. Although, there is the possibilty that everything has been scavanged due to being so close to Woodbury. I'd travel slowly, following the road, but far enough off of the road not to be seen. I'd move slow, quietly, and keep a 360 view of my surroundings the whole time. I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

Iis Hungree

Iis Hungree

Infected

• Members
Honestly, I do not think I would even have had the balls to contemplate going against TG. Even if it were my friends' lives at stake. I am a very weak person, the smallest thing scares me, and I have an even lower threshold for pain. So, I would have just stayed put, shivering in a corner. Yes, I know, in the ZA, I would be the first to go, lol.
And even if I had somehow managed to dig up the courage to escape, I would have broken my leg/ neck, just like Leela said in one of the above posts, jumping over the wall and that would have been that.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
Well my first order of business would have been to spill the beans to Tyresse and his sister about what was going on. Full disclosure about the heads in the tank, Penny and especially that torture room. Of course, I suppose Andrea had no real way of knowing they're good guys like we know those two are, but she could have given them more of a heads up.

On the run, I would have stuck to the side of the road near the woods. Running full tilt through the woods is foolish and a good way to sprain an ankle, though if you needed to run of course I'd haul ass through the trees and hope for the best.

In the warehouse, I'm sure I would have been terrified too, but would have tried to backtrack the way I had come, behind him. Not right behind, but just trying to slip into where he had already been. Then once outside find his truck and get the hell out of dodge.

Stan

Stan

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationChicago area
I can't say I'd be any more successful. Most ideally I'd stay at Woodbury, try to remain as I have been (Andrea should have argued with the Gov to get her gun back, even if she knew it wouldn't work, just because that's what people who know her there would expect). During a battle or raid, drop him safely in the confusion.

If you run, remember that once he figures out you've gone, he knows where you're going, and has the resources to intercept you, or herd you. If you have the moments Andrea had, open the door and then close it without securing, then go to the building behind you to hide, or go around that other building outside and wait. The Gov will most likely enter the broken door area to look for you and hunt. That buys you five/ten minutes more lead time to find another entrance. Andrea truly believed she had time to reach the prison undiscovered, even after seeing the first truck leave Woodbury. Once she believed they were looking, she needed to switch up tactics and assume she was being stalked, plan to mislead them if discovered.
"Step it up to Red Alert!"
"Are you absolutely sure, Sir? It does require changing the lightbulb."

At Risk

At Risk

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn a near-constant state of confusion
If I made it as far as Andrea and got stuck in the warehouse with him like she did, the second he passed by me I probably would have run out, screaming hysterically and waving the knife like a blindfolded kid swinging at a pinata. Maybe I'd get lucky enough to momentarily startle the sh*t out of him.

And yes, I'm serious. When playing hide and seek as a kid I could only take the tension of hiding for so long before I'd barrel past the seeker, usually shrieking and making a mad streak for the safe point. Sans weapon, of course. :lol:

But... assuming we're looking at the time period before the actual escape, I think I would have tried to get Milton to go out and warn the prison for me. He seems to be questioned a lot less than Andrea when it comes to wandering about, has access to the cars, and is definitely against TG's current state of mind. Hell, maybe he could drive with me hidden in the backseat of the car?

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
Good part in this weeks show no doubt. For a second there I actually thought she was gonna simply walk into the stairwell and let the walkers take her to f off TG.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

Honestly, I do not think I would even have had the balls to contemplate going against TG. Even if it were my friends' lives at stake. I am a very weak person, the smallest thing scares me, and I have an even lower threshold for pain. So, I would have just stayed put, shivering in a corner. Yes, I know, in the ZA, I would be the first to go, lol.

Weaklings unite!

Seriously, she ran like a whole block in Olympic seconds. I would've made it 15 feet before collapsing on the road, sweating and panting. I'm not that smart, either. It never even occurred to me while I was watching the episode that Andrea should've taken the Governor's car.

Plus, she had to kill walkers, too. Yeah, screw that. I would've just sent Rick a messenger pigeon.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members
Well love Milton but the first order of business would have been to lock his ass in a closet as his poker face is non existent. That would have bought me at least another 30 minute lead. I agree with Steph that full disclosure to Tyreese and Sasha would have been best, especially since they've been to the prison and although they think Rick may be crazy they know the rest are good people. However, I don't think Andrea ever knew about them being at the prison so I understand why she only said what she did. Also full disclosure would have only been the best option could she convince Tyreese and Sasha to leave with her then. It isn't likely the Gov would have let them live long had they known the truth, I wonder if she had that in mind.

I'm a runner, I my best time is a 8 minute mile but even I would be t chickenshit to run alone armed only with a small knife all the way to the prison. I definitely don't think I could have fought walkers off as well as Andrea however, I just signed up for kickboxing lessons (yay groupon!) so maybe in a few months lol. Even though running on the road conserves energy it would have been better for her to stick to the trees. Personally I like running trails and through woods better than gravel roads anyway. You can launch yourself off of rocks, roots and fallen branches. You build a good momentum and the adrenaline keeps you aware.

I literally screamed at the TV when she ran into the warehouse though, especially the first one she saw. I would have stayed in the forest. The Gov can't drive in there and his depth perception would be way off so you could lose him without a whole lot of trouble. Andrea's mistake was thinking it was over and she was safe. Of course she was tired, rightfully so, and I don't fault her for that but I've watched too many Halloween/Friday the 13th movies to think a bad guy is down even if you do think you see/hear him die. I would have ran like hell regardless. I wouldn't have taken the car either, too much risk of being seen.

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
I don't think running down the road was stupid. She successfully eluded him when she heard the truck approaching. Too much uneven terrain in the forest. I've twisted an ankle just walking. Small rocks, leaf-hidden holes, snakes, etc. *shiver*

When she was in the warehouse, I kept thinking, "Stop moving around and making noise! Just find a hidden corner and he'll pass right by you." But I hadn't bargained for the roamers. Even if she'd gotten into a cabinet or locker, they would've been swarming the door and led TG to her. Personally, I don't think I would have even gone inside. Had she kept moving, would he have investigated the warehouse anyway? He certainly didn't SEE her go inside. Given there's a script to follow, he probably would have driven right by it.

It took an entire episode to get her in that chair. They could have saved some time if he'd simply caught her as she was leaving. lol.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Seriously, she ran like a whole block in Olympic seconds. I would've made it 15 feet before collapsing on the road, sweating and panting. I'm not that smart, either. It never even occurred to me while I was watching the episode that Andrea should've taken the Governor's car.

Plus, she had to kill walkers, too. Yeah, screw that. I would've just sent Rick a messenger pigeon.

Hahaha, yeah that would have been the obvious move. I'm sure she thought the Gov was done for though. Whoops!

Matt G

Matt G

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Well her first mistake was taking the road. The one thing she could have done was stay in the woods and under cover. After seeing the truck she should have stayed away from the roads or bunkered out until dark and made her way to the prison. Probably not safe to move in the dark but that was her only chance.

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
Were some of you watching a different show?

Matt G

Matt G

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOhio
No I just think if she stuck to deep in the woods the governor would have never spotted her in that open field. He wouldn't be able to see where she was or have any idea where she could have gone. She eluded him the first time but she could have been spotted clear as day in the field.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
At first I thought running down the road was dumb but you make some excellent points about spraining your ankle in the woods. Also, you can get turned around without any landmarks like a road to guide you. So now I think using the road was smart, hiding from the truck even smarter and eluding the Guv in the warehouse was clever. I just wish she were more cautious when approaching the prison. Maybe the Guv wouldn't have snagged her just before Rick turned. Maybe she could have bit the Guv's hand and yelled out but that would also attract walkers. I could see that she was exhausted from running that she probably didn't put up much struggle.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
I don't think it matters which way she went. He knew where she was going. He would've just waited for her at the prison either way.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

I don't think it matters which way she went. He knew where she was going. He would've just waited for her at the prison either way.

This is what I was about to post. I think the reason why she took the detour through the field was that she figured the Gov would pass her in the car and then just wait for her to catch up on the normal roads. That plan didn't work out for her still lol.

But running on roads is harder on your body for the long distance than woods would be since trails absorb the shock. If prison were 3 miles or less I would road run it but if any further and I would stick to trails.

Looks like Andrea did a combo of both poor thing seemed too winded to fight back once he did catch her.

Torchwood

Torchwood

Infected

• Members
Has anyone who replied ever taken a land navigation course? Try this excercise- find a destination five miles distant from you that you are familiar with and traverse the terrain on foot NOT using a paved road. You will most probably find that you get turned around once or twice negotiating this distance before you reach it.

Next, go to a location you are mildly familiar with in the country- find a destination ten miles distant and traverse the terrain, again on foot and not using a paved road as a guide. Now imagine that you need to get to this destination in a hurry to warn your family of an impending disaster that only you have knowledge of.

If you are only mildly familar with said area, and have primarily have only used a roadway to get to it, you'll find yourself lost in short order, especially without a map and compass.

Andrea needed the fastest and most direct route to get to the prison- the roadway- especially, in her mindset at the the time, walkers were the main threat and would be easily spotted on a open roadway and thus to avoid. Taking the 'stealthy' approach takes time, and unseen dangers are around every stand of bushes or trees, causing you to futrher deviate from your course to avoid the threat.

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
When it showed Andrea giving her gun to Martinez, I thought to myself OK she gave the "big gun" but she still has the other that her Dad gave her, obviously I was wrong. I don't know that I could have done anything differently considering the maze they were in with walkers thrown in to boot. Other than grabbing a handful of sand to toss in TG good eye, or trying to hit him hard between his legs I don't know what I would have done differently . Also as others have said she was so winded by the time TG got her it was easy to take her down.
I don't think that taking the road was a bad idea, it was the straightest line to the prison, and she wouldn't stumble around as she would in the woods, she diddnt have a flashlight and if she did TG might have seen it. In the open road shed also be able to see any walkers and not have them jump out.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

I would have never made it running, so the first thing I would have done differently was enlist Milton's help. He wouldn't let Andrea kill TG, so could help her steal a car. Andrea could take the same car that Rick gave her. If she couldn't drive herself, then If Milton could get a car and burn the walkers in the pit, then he could drive Andrea over to the prison on the way to the walker pits.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
The first time Andrea made it to the prison and when the told TG of her intentions he told her to "stay or not come back". TG must have known then he would be killing everyone at the prison, Andrea included. Now Andrea has seen too much, knows too much. TG has a habit of telling folks that if they break his rules he has to punish them or look weak in the eyes of the others (a explanation he uses simply to get his way). If TG has it his way Andrea is in for a nightmare. I don't think Andrea will die but I also don't think she will leave that torture room unscathed.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!