Milton family The Governor brother

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
Hmmmmm, it really seems that unlike in the comic that:
Spoiler

Milton was introduced JUST for the show. If we consider Milton's genuine loyalty to TG and the fact he NEVER refers to him as TG unless talking about him to someone who doesn't know his real name AND the fact he said he know phillip from before, I think Milton might be directly related to TG

Edit: Took the unintentional spoiler out. ( As opposed to the intentional one that was already marke d with a spoiler tag)

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

bulby37

bulby37

S-mart Employee

• Members
I don't know that we know that TG has a brother, because
Spoiler

Maybe the writers think that we should not know that we know that the TG knows that he is Phillip's brother, because we know that he knows that We think that we know, but we aren't really sure, but Phillip's brother definitely knows what Shane and Lori did last summer, and we know that he knows that we think that Carl knows he needs to get his ass in the damn house.

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
A Plus one because that confused me in a good way.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

bulby37

bulby37

S-mart Employee

• Members
The main point was n the spoiler tag, the rest was an excuse to get a Carl meme back into our lives lol

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN

Hmmmmm, it really seems that unlike in the comic that:

Spoiler

Milton was introduced JUST for the show. If we consider Milton's genuine loyalty to TG and the fact he NEVER refers to him as TG unless talking about him to someone who doesn't know his real name AND the fact he said he know phillip from before, I think Milton might be directly related to TG

Edit: Took the unintentional spoiler out. ( As opposed to the intentional one that was already marke d with a spoiler tag)

Being serious it might explain why Milton was doing the experiments for TG. puts it on my more of personal level.

Lucille Of Sanctuary

Lucille Of Sanctuary

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOregon
I don't think Milton is Phillip Blake, Brian Blake, or anyone else with the last name Blake. I think as is theorized, Milton's just an original member of The Gov's group who naturally lacks any sort of people skills and is easily manipulated.

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
Wow. Someone had the same mental stirrings as I did. First, he prevents Andrea from shooting, then burns the bodies. Knew it was him. But....when TG grabbed him, I got the strangest feeling it was his brother. I know comic readers will say the name doesn't fit. At a point in the past, Milton said he "telecommuted" to work. In this episode, when asked to go with Andrea to the prison, he replied that he "didn't know anyone there." Seriously?

I think the guy has been an agoraphobic and perhaps, in real life, TG fronted for him in the outside world - and still is. I DO believe they might be brothers. Will we ever know for sure? Debatable. I hope the relationship is revealed and not left hanging. Otherwise, why give us a mystery to begin with?

SteadyEddie

SteadyEddie

Roamer

• Members
Exactly!

I don't know that we know that TG has a brother, because

Spoiler

Maybe the writers think that we should not know that we know that the TG knows that he is Phillip's brother, because we know that he knows that We think that we know, but we aren't really sure, but Phillip's brother definitely knows what Shane and Lori did last summer, and we know that he knows that we think that Carl knows he needs to get his ass in the damn house.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Wow. Someone had the same mental stirrings as I did. First, he prevents Andrea from shooting, then burns the bodies. Knew it was him. But....when TG grabbed him, I got the strangest feeling it was his brother. I know comic readers will say the name doesn't fit. At a point in the past, Milton said he "telecommuted" to work. In this episode, when asked to go with Andrea to the prison, he replied that he "didn't know anyone there." Seriously?

I think the guy has been an agoraphobic and perhaps, in real life, TG fronted for him in the outside world - and still is. I DO believe they might be brothers. Will we ever know for sure? Debatable. I hope the relationship is revealed and not left hanging. Otherwise, why give us a mystery to begin with?

If there is a relationship, it will be revealed. Otherwise, what's the point?

I don't think there is any familial relation. I believe Milton just meant that he knew him before he went crazy.

Walker#203

Walker#203

Infected

• Members
  • LocationGnawing at the gates of the prison
In the book "Rise Of The Governor", Brian Blake is TG brother, but he's not even The Governor yet! Milton is probably just a good friend of his from before the outbreak.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

In the book "Rise Of The Governor", Brian Blake is TG brother, but he's not even The Governor yet! Milton is probably just a good friend of his from before the outbreak.

Yeah, the Governor has, on a few occasions, mentioned starting out with less than 10 people in an apartment in Atlanta. I just assumed that, like Merle, Milton's life was saved by the Gov, and it has maintained that sense of gratitude ever since.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Milton's mentioned his last name, Mamet. So if they are brothers, they both have gone to great lengths to keep that secret from everybody else. I don't see the motivation in keeping it a secret, Milton is still one of the Governor's closest allies, so I don't think the Woodbury residents would have viewed them differently. And even in their private conversations, there seemed to be nothing to suggest that kind of relation between them.

The only thing we have to go by is Milton saying he knew the Governor from "before," which could mean a few different things. The Governor could have met up with Milton early in the outbreak, maybe even saving his life like Merle (as has been suggested, and is the theory I believe personally). Or they could have been buddies since before the outbreak. Either way, Milton saw how the Governor used to be, and had previously developed a bond with him. Maybe he hopes he can somehow reel the Governor back to sanity. It's possible that they are brothers, since they didn't have a conversation where one of them said, "We are not brothers," but I just didn't consider that likely, since I don't see the point in keeping it so secret from everybody.

Jayne23

Jayne23

Banned for sock puppeting

• Banned
  • LocationOhio
I just think Milton is some person who grouped together with Philip/ maybe from same town or even from
Philips job.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
I don't know about brother but I am thinking maybe neighbor or associate from work or as stated above one of the original members of his group when they all joined together. It seems as though Milton knows his actions from being around him for quite some time but I just don't believe that he is his brother.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

I don't know about brother but I am thinking maybe neighbor or associate from work or as stated above one of the original members of his group when they all joined together. It seems as though Milton knows his actions from being around him for quite some time but I just don't believe that he is his brother.

I, too, don't believe Milton and Philip were brothers, but I wouldn't throw out some sort of relationship pre-ZA.

RickGrimeyGrimes

RickGrimeyGrimes

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationEng-er-land
Milton has stated he was an only child and his parents died when he was young. So no I don't think he's his Brother. Possibly he is a childhood friend or something.
Tread Lightly

Shanfan

Shanfan

Infected

• Members
Confused on a couple things....Milton seems very introverted and telecommuted for work....unlikely he knew TG pre-ZA....but as someone else mentioned, by saying he knew him "before", he meant, before TG became a manipulative egomaniac.

Second, did I miss something about Milton setting the fire? I'm pretty sure he knows something, but I thought it was more likely he supplied the gas for Tyreese, since TG asked about the gasoline.

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
There's no logical reason for suspecting Milton might be TG's brother. It's just that I felt that sensation when he grabbed him up. Okay. So, NOT brothers.

But I believe there's a deep pre-ZA connection. As I stated earlier, I think Milton has been agoraphobic. He fears the outside world. Telecommuting to work is a hint at this. Also, his fear of escaping with Andrea to the prison ("I don't 'know anyone' there.") I still believe Phillip may have been his front man in the past (at work) and is the one who got him to leave his apartment. And I think, perhaps, Milton was the brains and organization behind the grouping until Phillip gradually took over, using his charm to sway the people as the numbers and Milton's discomfort with those numbers grew. Milton was grateful that Phillip brought him out of hiding. He eventually took a back seat in planning, and now has little authority in decision-making. Just my theory. I kinda like it.

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

There's no logical reason for suspecting Milton might be TG's brother. It's just that I felt that sensation when he grabbed him up. Okay. So, NOT brothers.

But I believe there's a deep pre-ZA connection. As I stated earlier, I think Milton has been agoraphobic. He fears the outside world. Telecommuting to work is a hint at this. Also, his fear of escaping with Andrea to the prison ("I don't 'know anyone' there.") I still believe Phillip may have been his front man in the past (at work) and is the one who got him to leave his apartment. And I think, perhaps, Milton was the brains and organization behind the grouping until Phillip gradually took over, using his charm to sway the people as the numbers and Milton's discomfort with those numbers grew. Milton was grateful that Phillip brought him out of hiding. He eventually took a back seat in planning, and now has little authority in decision-making. Just my theory. I kinda like it.

I get the feeling that there is some deeper relationship between Philip and Milton as well. Not that they are necessarily brothers but there seems to me to be something between these two guys. Not a romantic/physical relationship though; that is not the vibe I get.

Milton is not willing to give up on the Governor despite the torture chamber and whatever other atrocities he knows about, and despite having appeared to be wary of TG since we met them both. TG seems strangely uninterested in punishing Milton despite the fact that he knows Milton spilled the beans to Andrea, knew she was escaping and apparently burned the walkers.

It could be as simple as these two guys being the only two survivors of their original tiny group. Maybe they did know each other before the ZA, when Penny was still alive, before TG went over the edge. Maybe it's nothing. TIme will tell.

auximenes

auximenes

Lurker

• Members
If Milton's willing to still believe there is something of the former self trapped in the walkers then it makes sense that he perhaps thinks Phillip's old self can be restored.

princessgina

princessgina

Infected

• Members
My Milton relationship theory is connected to the conversation TG had with Rick at the silo. He mentioned that, before the ZA, he worked for a boss who was younger and not half as smart as he was. I think that was Milton, and after things went to hell, there was a role reversal and he became Milton's "boss," and leader of their group of survivors.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I get the feeling that there is some deeper relationship between Philip and Milton as well. Not that they are necessarily brothers but there seems to me to be something between these two guys. Not a romantic/physical relationship though; that is not the vibe I get.

Milton is not willing to give up on the Governor despite the torture chamber and whatever other atrocities he knows about, and despite having appeared to be wary of TG since we met them both. TG seems strangely uninterested in punishing Milton despite the fact that he knows Milton spilled the beans to Andrea, knew she was escaping and apparently burned the walkers.

It could be as simple as these two guys being the only two survivors of their original tiny group. Maybe they did know each other before the ZA, when Penny was still alive, before TG went over the edge. Maybe it's nothing. TIme will tell.

I don't know if he is uninterested in punished Milton....yet. He seems to take disloyalty very seriously. I would not be surprised if he had plans to include Milton in if/when he tortures Andrea. That sick bastard would probably make Milton watch the torture.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

My Milton relationship theory is connected to the conversation TG had with Rick at the silo. He mentioned that, before the ZA, he worked for a boss who was younger and not half as smart as he was. I think that was Milton, and after things went to hell, there was a role reversal and he became Milton's "boss," and leader of their group of survivors.

I don't think Milton is that guy because I don't think the Governor thinks that Milton is half as smart as he is. Plus, Milton can't be any more than 5, possibly ten, years younger than the Gov.

bulby37

bulby37

S-mart Employee

• Members
Hasn't TG said he worked in an office? Maybe the same office Milton "telecommuted" to? If Milton was orphaned early, TG could have been his foster brother. Maybe TG's wife was a front and they stayed together for Penny, but TG was pitching to Milton on the side. Well, I guess I don't believe that, because Glenn is a pretty man, and he didn't try anything there. Maybe Milton worked on TG's computer, and they figured out that they both were fans of Weezer, and started road tripping to concerts. Maybe TG was Milton's marijuana dealer.
Whatever the case, I am pretty sure the stories I can make up in my head are more interesting to me than whatever jibby jabby biz the writers would come up with :)

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
I'd have to go back and watch it but didn't Milton say he was an only child (in the Mr. Coleman scene)?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!