The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 14 - Prey - Review

the governor andrea tyreses sasha

The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 14 Prey Rate and Review (214 )

What did you think of this week's show?

1. Excellent (100 [46.73%])

46.73%

2. Good - Some Critiques (88 [41.12%])

41.12%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (19 [8.88%])

8.88%

4. Poor (7 [3.27%])

3.27%

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys
I liked Tyreese being a bad shot for obvious reasons.

Rick is probably thinking Crazyland Lori is still lurking in the treeline.

TG is making a nice slide over the edge.

Really wondering where they are going to go with Andrea.

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

bulby37

bulby37

S-mart Employee

• Members
He did it first when setting up the "utensils."

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts
This kill whistle was a great addition. Added to the suspense. The Michonne added story is interesting....Did not like how they never showed the gov escaping. But overall I was satisfied by this episode

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
I thought it was a cheap tactic on the writers part. Really? Its not scary its been in like 500 scary movies :P

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen
Loved this ep. Loved the game of cat and mouse with Andrea and the governor. Glad to see Tyreese back again cuz Chad Coleman is a great actor and so far I'm liking the TV incarnation of Tyreese, maybe a little more than the comic.

Spoiler

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

xxbakerxx72

xxbakerxx72

Infected

• Members
After Andrea had left the governor with the walkers (and when she had heard him struggling) I noticed some graffiti that said "Ha ha!" on the wall behind her, anyone else notice that? I thought it was kinda humorous..

Overall, I enjoyed the episode.

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
It was alright. All scenes with Tyreese's group, and the brief scenes between The Gov and Milton, were solid. The ending too sent a chill up my spine.

I was really annoyed by how sudden and contrived Andrea's determination to leave was. The level of idiocy and impulsiveness in this move just really.....ugh.

The cat and mouse game between The Gov and Andrea was completely HILARIOUS throughout. There wasn't a second where I stopped laughing. I especially loved how he was honking the horn at her. "Hey bitch, get out of the way, I'm driving here!"

rumblepup

rumblepup

The Puppetmaster

• Administrators
Personally, it seems to me that Milton is in love with the Gov, and is in that friendzone where he knows he can't have him, but stays with him no matter what he does oe says just to be near him. But he still has a powerful conscience that won't allow him to accept all of TG's corruptions. Just my two cents.

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

After she had left the governor with the walkers and when she had heard him struggling; I noticed some graffiti that said "Ha ha!" on the wall behind her, anyone else notice that? I thought it was kinda humorous..

I also noticed some that said "WAKE UP" when she first entered that building. I found it kind of interesting.

3VHWYjA.gif

Sportskmom

Sportskmom

Infected

• Members
That he is bat crap crazy!

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

Personally, it seems to me that Milton is in love with the Gov, and is in that friendzone where he knows he can't have him, but stays with him no matter what he does oe says just to be near him. But he still has a powerful conscience that won't allow him to accept all of TG's corruptions. Just my two cents.

This would make so much sense if it were the case. However, I do think if that were true the Gov would recognize it and do certain things that would encourage him without crossing the line. The Gov is very manipulative so I could see him using that to his advantage more. Although I don't think homoerotic undertones would go over very well with a lot of TWD fans so I could see them not taking that angle as well.

Regardless Milton better watch out because he is heading for the.... DAAAANGER ZONE!!! (I really have to stop watching so much Archer :lol:)

mplebanon

mplebanon

Infected

• Members
So is Milton gay?

mplebanon

mplebanon

Infected

• Members
Overall, I thought it was good.

It probably changed me back to supporting Andrea. I was mad at her for sleeping with the Governor and supporting him. But got to give it up to her for trying to warn her friends at the prison. She endured alot and in the end, didn't make it. Kind of reminded me of that Rob Zombie movie, House of 1000 Corpses, where the chick makes it out only to end up strapped to a chair with Dr. Evil (or something like that) ready to dissect her.

Tyreese is frustrating me. Pick a side and stay with it.

Not sure why Milton is so supportive of the Governor. Is he gay and in love with him?

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
I don't think Milton is gay for the gov .

I think Milton is weak and can't find his own person or stand up for himself so he uses Phillip to do so. He did say he knew him before that. If your best friend was crazy you wouldn't want them to die. Milton Is the best friend who won't speak up because he simply follows the lead of his friend.

His appearent burning of the zombies was a step up for him .

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members
I thought that this was another very good episode. Not spectacular but still very good.

• That torture chamber gave me the creeps!! As soon as I saw those chains the image of Michonne from the comics. And his whistling was also creepy. It shows how truly unhinged he is becoming.

• Loved the scenes with Tyreese. They have translated his character very well from comic to show. His inability to shoot is so endearing in a weird way! He's so much better with his hammer! He hasn't let the za corrupt him. He is truly a good person with good morals. He definitely knows that there's something up with Woodbury, but he can't quite tell what. He knows that what the governor is doing is wrong though.

• Allen has bugged the crap out of me from day one, and this episode did not change that opinion at all. It was completely unfair of him to blame Tyreese for anything that happened with Donna. Allen needs to die (sorry, I just hate him in the show). I hope that Tyreese and Sasha split from Allen and join "team prison".

•That whole cat and mouse sequence between Andrea and the governor was awesome! It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! The way he whistled and dragged his shovel on the ground was very manic and creepy. I love how Andrea was just like "suck it" and unleashed all the walkers on the guv!

• I really wasn't expecting the guv to jump out on Andrea like that when she got to the prison. That really surprised me. I was like "she's safe for this episode" but noooooooooooooooo....!

• I loved Milton in this episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is becoming so defiant and I love it. I kinda hope that he is the one that kills the guv.

• Every time the governor talks I find myself saying "bullshit".

•I'm honestly kinda scared for Andrea! I don't think she will die but she may
Spoiler

Overall good episode!!! I can't wait for next week!!

Rictatorship

Rictatorship

Infected

• Members
The episode was good, just seems like they are dragging it on now until the finale anyway, what a stupid flashback. Added absolutely nothing NOTHING to the episode. It was misplaced completely. Why would they give us a flashback of michonne and andrea in an episode like this? I mean it would make much more sense to give us a flashback with the governor, that would be the most logical decision. They have a chance to show what kind of man he was and how he rose to power but instead we get andrea and michonne chilling in the wood.

I said this before, this is my favorite show on TV, but the writing and decision making is not the best. Governor has one eye but can somehow spot andrea laying down in the middle of the field and some how magically appearing in the right place to find her right before rick notices her. Come on man.

Season 4 better have much better writing.

nclifter

nclifter

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Location1NC

The episode was good, just seems like they are dragging it on now until the finale anyway, what a stupid flashback. Added absolutely nothing NOTHING to the episode. It was misplaced completely. Why would they give us a flashback of michonne and andrea in an episode like this? I mean it would make much more sense to give us a flashback with the governor, that would be the most logical decision. They have a chance to show what kind of man he was and how he rose to power but instead we get andrea and michonne chilling in the wood.

I said this before, this is my favorite show on TV, but the writing and decision making is not the best. Governor has one eye but can somehow spot andrea laying down in the middle of the field and some how magically appearing in the right place to find her right before rick notices her. Come on man.

Season 4 better have much better writing.

I agree, he found her like she had a tracking device up her butt. He also has the time to fight off a dozen plus walkers, survive it and catch up to her. Not to mention he can stand clear as day with bullets flying everywhere and is never picked off. He is one bad man. I think when he got in a tussle with Michonne some of her superpowers transferred to him.
"The first ones to go, for obvious reasons, were the fatties. Poor fat bastard."
Rule #1: Cardio. Yes I can do more push ups than Michonne :/

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
I wonder if Michonne's experience with her pets pre-turning will give her and Andrea something to bond over.

Also, was that a speculum I saw among TG's torture tools? I watched twice and it looked like it both times.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed a non-Prison focused episode. I think they did a good job of building tension, and I care about Andrea enough to be genuinely concerned with this turn of events! I'm hopeful she'll survive the season, but I'm not so sure about Milton. I just can't figure any way that he will survive.

Anyway, too tuckered out to think of anything insightful. I was expecting to be disappointed, but I wasn't.

WalkerBaitressToo

WalkerBaitressToo

Infected

• Members

Also, was that a speculum I saw among TG's torture tools? I watched twice and it looked like it both times.

Yes, it was. This episode really disgusted me--it just smacked of a pervo man writing it, probably thinking, "Yeah, let's get the guy Andrea had sex with to give her the speculum and lots of SEXUAL PAIN." Ulgh. Vomit.

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
It would have been hilarious if the Governor was whistling the Farmer in The Dell XD

Things&Stuff

Things&Stuff

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn Lori's best interest
That kill whistle of Phillip's is the same tune he played for Penny. I haven't been here long enough to see if anyone else has posted it's history. It's from the eighteenth century, an English song called Bye, Baby Bunting. Creepy how he took such an innocent lullaby and has warped it.

Loved Andrea's decisions. Hated Phillip's catching her but loved loved loved the abandoned warehouse scene. And Phillip (Like Laurie Holden said on Talking Dead, he doesn't deserve the title Governor) was very creepy in those scenes.

I have to say the torture chamber is deeply disturbing. I know they want to push boundaries but I'm hoping in the future episodes they don't focus on it too much. I know it has a place from the comic book but it freaked me out, I'm not ashamed to say.

What will Tyreese do when he learns that his concerns only made things worse for Andrea? All of his worries about what will happen at the Prison and here he gets Andrea tortured in Woodbury.

And what will Martinez do when he learns about his leader? If he hates the walkers for what they do, without consciousness or brain, what will he think of Phillip's sickness?

And Michonne was abused by her walker pets pre ZA? That's interesting.

Never doubted Andrea could handle herself with a knife or a gun, I just wish she had half of Rick's ability to read people.

Loving Milton. I feel he will die with Woodbury but that will be a shame. I would love to see him become a warrior, which is what would have to happen if he joined Rick's group.

Can't wait for next episode but I have to say I'm not going to rewatch this episode as compulsively as I do others.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys

•That whole cat and mouse sequence between Andrea and the governor was awesome! It had me on the edge of my seat the entire time! The way he whistled and dragged his shovel on the ground was very manic and creepy.

I kept waiting for him to say "All work and no play makes Phillip a dull boy" or maybe "Andrea, I'm home."

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

Grénádé

Grénádé

Lurker

• Members
Andrea is easily the most efficient walker-killer.

She had a pocket knife and laid waste to all in her path.

Things&Stuff

Things&Stuff

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn Lori's best interest

I wonder if Michonne's experience with her pets pre-turning will give her and Andrea something to bond over.

Yes, it is. And when the WD crew member gave a tour of the torture chamber he did not show it. I haven't rewatched to see if it was just not mentioned but I don't think it was on the table. That disturbed me very much. Not sure how I feel about it yet but Chris Hardwick's stupid out loud question about if anyone else (any other GUY) had a hard on was ... No me gusta!

This ranks up there with The Following when they were telling that little boy that if he killed his hamster he'd be special and it would feel good. ...

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!