The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 14 - Prey - Review

the governor andrea tyreses sasha

The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 14 Prey Rate and Review (214 )

What did you think of this week's show?

1. Excellent (100 [46.73%])

46.73%

2. Good - Some Critiques (88 [41.12%])

41.12%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (19 [8.88%])

8.88%

4. Poor (7 [3.27%])

3.27%

rumblepup

rumblepup

The Puppetmaster

• Administrators

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1VrIuTQd-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpwR51bAlgQ

The Governor chases a dissenter who fled Woodbury. While the Governor is gone, a traitor tries to sabotage his upcoming plans.

Austin

Austin

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
How was the governor able to find Andrea in that field? With only one eye, how would it not look like a walker?

DAYE2232

DAYE2232

Infected

• Members
OHMYGOD.

I actually felt bad for Andrea this episode, and was proud of her for throwing TG to the biters.

spleenex

spleenex

Infected

• Members
  • LocationTexas

How was the governor able to find Andrea in that field? With only one eye, how would it not look like a walker?

I just assumed he saw her standing up, and then saw her lie on the ground...a walker wouldn't do that, so he started following her

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
I'm saying it - another web-series episode to me. Although I did like Tyreese's scenes...

Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia

She was standing still for a good minute. Im pretty sure you can see well with just one eye whether or not someone is a walker.

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts
I really enjoyed this episode. The governor chase was awesome and I feel terrible for Andrea she is not in a good way now

Bric

Bric

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationOrlando, FL.
Good question about how he saw her in the field. An even better question is what time of year is it? They just went through the winter and now it appears it's getting cold again, the leaves are changing color, it looks like fall. A little confused about how much time is passing.
"There are many new walls around the village... they won't keep us out..."
"They weren't built to keep you out. They were built to keep you in."

vorheez313586

vorheez313586

Infected

• Members
2 episodes left.cant c a ending to Woodbury or the prison this season.i would think a whole lot would have to happen.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4
I thought the episode was great...the intensity level was through the roof.
Jon is fine, dammit.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
Great episode! I didn't enjoy the last episode that didn't have Rick's group in it (Walk with Me) so I was hesitant about this one going into it, but I loved it.

That cat/mouse chase sequence between Andrea and the Governor was great. I was on the edge of my seat the entire episode. AND I was completely shocked when the Governor got to her right as she got to the prison. I was so happy for her when she saw the prison and then the Governor comes out of nowhere. Poor Andrea.

Love Tyreese and Sasha, hope they survive the season.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
Really good episode.

But , what the f*ck tyreese? You tell the gov she leaves then don't state why bc you obviously don't trust him. Then he has the whole ordeal about the zombies in the pit and doesn't want to stay. Then at the end he wants to stay again after the gov spews some more shady stuff out of his mouth

Andrea, almost yay. How did the gov find her anyway? And how did he drag her back to the car?

Kinda sad there was no prison parts

I liked this episode flaws and all. Yay Milton got some zombie kills :)

And someone help me with the Donna thing does it have any relation to the comic

Austin

Austin

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
Happened twice in episode. Does that mean he knows someone's there?

M-88

M-88

Infected

• Members
I was disappointed that TG made it out after the runin with the zombies in the factory (or whatever it was). That was pretty cheesy.

Austin

Austin

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
He ran out of ammo with like ten walkers on him. I thought Andrea was about to go back for him because she felt bad.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

And someone help me with the Donna thing does it have any relation to the comic

Not at all. This is completely new to the tv series.

Comic talk:
Spoiler

What I got out of it tonight was that Donna looked to Tyreese for protection rather than her husband. I don't know if they were hinting at romantic feelings for each other at all, I couldn't really tell.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
I loved Tyreese's interaction with Allen. My only gripe there was that Tyreese didn't put a cap in his ass at the WB gate. I am so ready for Allen and his foolishness to be over.

As for Andrea, OMG!!!! Can't wait for the next episode!!!!

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

CapeCodGuy

CapeCodGuy

Infected

• Members
Is TG hiding a bite?

ElloraDixon

ElloraDixon

S-mart Employee

• Members
Never liked episodes without most/whole group. Not different with this one. TG finding Andrea looked like a terrible B movie. Terrible. I enjoyed her opening the door full of walkers, though.

DAYE2232

DAYE2232

Infected

• Members
It was pretty obvious that he would make it out though. It couldn't end like that. I knew it was Milton who burned the zombies. I hope He finds Andrea.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members
Overall: I rate this episode excellent. Although we did not see the prison which I would have liked the episode was very fluid. A lot of episodes this season have been choppy, I didn't get this feeling. Most of my rating comes from the fact I have actually not been in this much suspense and had this much dread for a character since the first episode with Rick in the hospital. They built the tension so well in this episode and it was refreshing, as well as horrifying in the moment, to get some of it back. I didn't think I would cheer for Andrea to survive as much as I did in this episode.

-"They deserved what they got, they weren't human to begin with" Interesting insight into Michonne's character. I am still a bit unclear to its purpose in the beginning. However thinking about it, I think that was referring to the Gov. and how Andrea hardens toward him because she realizes he is incapable of compassion, aka not human, and how this enables her to decide his death is the only answer.

-Milton is finally standing up to the Gov, I like it. But damnit Milton should have let Andrea shoot the Gov!?

-I really don't think Martinez would care that much to continue the fight. The town was ready to abandon Woodbury when the Gov went AWOL before Andrea's speech a few episodes back. If he died it seems everyone would run for the hills. Martinez is like Daryl, good muscle but doesn't have the people skills or charisma to lead in times of chaos and crisis. Milton overestimated him in that aspect.

-Damnit Milton lie! Cover your butt! Come on now! You were doing so good there for a moment.

-Andrea run! Although I was thinking wtf is she thinking hiding in the tall grass, she is not a damn pokemon! Stay in the trees woman, the trees!!! *shakes her*

-Beginning to think the Gov might have implanted a tracking device in Andrea because how the hell is he able to her trail so well? I know Daryl can track people but the Gov was in a damned car for crying out loud.

-Andrea is one badassed bitch. Like no joke, she is a survivor. Who wants to still say Michonne carried Andrea along for 8 months? Anyone? I think she proved she can take care of herself this episode. Michonne has legit ninja skills but Andrea is scrappy and can more than hold her own.

-Milton who torched the walkers!

-I knew that last moment with Andrea reaching the prison was too good to be true. Although the Gov is officially has superpowers because how the hell was he able to catch up to her so well!?

-So not to nitpick zombies but if zombies don't feel pain why couldn't the torched walkers still walk around? Did the fire melt them together?

-Phew, I actually thought we would see a mutilated or walker!Andrea in that room. SUPER glad we didn't. Although a certain comic fate may be in store for her.

Edited to add 2 things:

-Laurie Holden on the talking dead just said Andrea didn't tell the Gov about Judith and the Shane love triangle.

-I loved Tyreese this episode.

At Risk

At Risk

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn a near-constant state of confusion
Now peeling self from edge of seat!

I totally thought we were going to see Andrea in the shackles versus the torture chair at ep's end.

Is it me, or is TG's DUN DUN theme sound similar to the one used in that Olympus movie preview? I don't find either memorable enough to really compare, but every time the commercial comes on I come racing back to the room when grabbing a snack or whatnot because I think the show is back on.

This is the first time I've found TG to be frightening rather than just bastardly. I wondered if he was going to wind up bitten, making him even more unstable (a man with nothing to lose but time, sort of deal).

Andrea, more than any other character, puts me on an emotional roller coaster - I cheer for her one minute and then boo at her the next.

End ramble. :) This is my first time rushing to the boards after an ep, so it had my vote for "excellent."

Gwalker

Gwalker

Infected

• Members

Comic Talk:

Spoiler

What I got out of it tonight was that Donna looked to Tyreese for protection rather than her husband. I don't know if they were hinting at romantic feelings for each other at all, I couldn't really tell.

You should probably fix this it has way too many spoilers in it

Otherwise this I thought this episode was awesome!! I loved the suspense and surprise!! Also did anyone else notice how this was filmed more like a comic with the shadows and all the angles?? Loved Andrea in this episode. I was so mad when the governor got her I literally got up and yelled at the tv!

Overall amazing episode! Great filming and acting!

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationWinterfell

I thought the episode was great...the intensity level was through the roof.

Hell yeah! I think I bit my nails down to nubs watching tonight's episode. The music, the Governor's fucking whistling, ugh.

I loved it. Definitely the greatest Woodbury-centric episode of the season. I found myself screaming at the TV a lot.

"Andrea! RUUUUUN!"

"RICK! FOR ONCE YOU ARE NOT HALLUCINATING!"

Also loved the scenes with Tyreese, and I'm hoping he remains suspicious, does a little snooping and figures out what's happened to Andrea ( :(). And then they (along with Milton) need to get the hell out of there.

I'd really love to hear more about Michonne's pets, too. Found it interesting the way they deviated from the comics a bit in that sense.

3VHWYjA.gif

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

Spoiler

Thanks :) I couldn't tell if it was a romantic relationship or not either. I would lose some respect for tyreese if so

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!