Andrea , Who Will Forgive?

Andrea Michonne Guv

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
Chances are that Andrea will want to go back to Ricks group. We already saw that Carol was ready to welcome her (probably had to do with Andrea saving her.) Will the others be so forgiving? Both Glenn and Maggie gave her a look when they spoke about how long it took her to come to the prison after realizing her friends were there and escaped. Rick I’m a bit unsure of, he certainly gave her a shake down when she arrived, when she left I wasn’t sure he wanted her to stay, or wanted her to go. Finally there is Michonne, she is going to be the one to hold a grudge longest IMO. Do you think Andrea deserves a welcome home to the prison group because she was left behind or is it too complicated since she stayed in WB instead of leaving with Michonne and after learning of her friends location?

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Chances are that Andrea will want to go back to Ricks group. We already saw that Carol was ready to welcome her (probably had to do with Andrea saving her.) Will the others be so forgiving? Both Glenn and Maggie gave her a look when they spoke about how long it took her to come to the prison after realizing her friends were there and escaped. Rick I’m a bit unsure of, he certainly gave her a shake down when she arrived, when she left I wasn’t sure he wanted her to stay, or wanted her to go. Finally there is Michonne, she is going to be the one to hold a grudge longest IMO. Do you think Andrea deserves a welcome home to the prison group because she was left behind or is it too complicated since she stayed in WB instead of leaving with Michonne and after learning of her friends location?

Well, if she takes the time to explain why it took her so long (the Governor's a huge dick and would likely have had her shot if she tried to just leave) then I see people coming around fairly quickly. However, characters don't often articulate their feelings and motivations in situations that doing so would prove helpful, so who knows?

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
If Andrea is tortured/raped and/or helps them by killing or attempting to kill TG, yes, I think they will welcome her with open arms. I also think that even now, Hershel would welcome her after their conversation while Rick and TG had their chat. Carol and Hershel are powerful voices. Carol would sway Daryl who would sway Merle, and possibly, Rick. Hershel would sway Beth, Maggie, Glenn, and Rick. Carl will follow his father. That only leaves Michonne, and if Michonne wouldn't do it on her own, she would see the writing on the wall of the majority.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
Michonne has accepted living with Merle. I don't think her and Andrea would talk that much anymore. Carol and everyone else seems to want her back in one way or another. I'm pretty sure she'll turn on the gov. Even when they weren't sure if she turned on the gov they let her in the prison.

Plus from a writers perspective, letting andrea into the group and having her and michonne together again can trigger a few interesting storylines.

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada

If Andrea is tortured/raped and/or helps them by killing or attempting to kill TG, yes, I think they will welcome her with open arms. I also think that even now, Hershel would welcome her after their conversation while Rick and TG had their chat. Carol and Hershel are powerful voices. Carol would sway Daryl who would sway Merle, and possibly, Rick. Hershel would sway Beth, Maggie, Glenn, and Rick. Carl will follow his father. That only leaves Michonne, and if Michonne wouldn't do it on her own, she would see the writing on the wall of the majority.

Comic spoilers:

Spoiler

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
Andrea is about to put herself through a horrific nightmare to try to ensure the group's safety. They'd have to be a bunch of dicks to treat her like shit after that.

I think if anything, Maggie will be extremely sympathetic. Hershel and Carol will probably take good care of her.

Michonne and Rick, I feel, will feel extremely guilty. Michonne, especially. If Andrea goes to the prison I can see Michonne isolating herself from Andrea, especially if she finds out that what (might) happen to Andrea was supposed to happen to her. I'd like to see how Michonne deals with that. I don't think Andrea would blame Michonne at all but I see Michonne blaming herself. Should make for an interesting S4 plot.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

Both Glenn and Maggie gave her a look when they spoke about how long it took her to come to the prison after realizing her friends were there and escaped.

How long was it? I can never really keep track of days that well this season. I thought it was like 2 days and it took her a while to find out where they were.

Although they were all pretty suspicious of her when she came that was because Merle had said that Andrea was sleeping with the Gov and Michonne didn't say anything in her defense (although I understand why it must have looked bad that Andrea wouldn't let Michonne kill him) so the obvious conclusion to make is that she is also involved in it. Carol and Hershel always seemed sympathetic and not ones to jump to conclusions, Daryl seemed a aloof and indifferent but it was Maggie, Glenn, Rick and especially Michonne who were the ones to really come down on her hard. At the end Rick seemed to realize that Andrea had "got herself into a tight spot" so I don't think he blames her. Maggie and Glenn probably have more than anything displaced anger, rightfully so, due to what the Gov put them through. Although if they can be around Merle and seem to tolerate him I don't see why their friendship with Andrea would be ruined.

Michonne on the other hand is a different story. She personally feels like Andrea chose the Gov over her, twice. Honestly I feel her feelings are a bit juvenile and immature as she is the one who gave Andrea the ultimatum in the first place. But given how Michonne's character is I can see where it comes from. She and Andrea have the most to rebuild/build in terms of friendship. I think Andrea could find her place with the rest of the group fairly easily but with Michonne it will take time.

Things&Stuff

Things&Stuff

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn Lori's best interest

I don't think it will take much for Rick and Michonne to welcome her back, they are pragmatic which is what I love about their characters. Rick's already empathized with her, saying she is in a jam. I don't think Michonne will be warm to Andrea, that betrayal still stings.

Good call on Glenn & Maggie. That will be interesting how it plays out. And Beth? What will she do?

Things&Stuff

Things&Stuff

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn Lori's best interest

Michonne and Rick, I feel, will feel extremely guilty.

Why should Rick feel guilty? He's sympathized with her, understands her position. I don't think he's as close to her as Carol and the others but he won't turn his back on her.

And if you're thinking about when he and the Governor kicked her out of the talks I think that wasn't personal, he wanted to go face to face with Phillip.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Why should Rick feel guilty? He's sympathized with her, understands her position. I don't think he's as close to her as Carol and the others but he won't turn his back on her.

And if you're thinking about when he and the Governor kicked her out of the talks I think that wasn't personal, he wanted to go face to face with Phillip.

It probably wasn't personal from Rick's side, but the Governor's dismissal of her was definitely personal. He felt her trying to handle things on her own was an affront to his leadership, so he got pissy and tossed her out, knowing it would hurt her.

Pbonetheman

Pbonetheman

Infected

• Members
It is interesting to think how the dynamic of the group has changed. Since Andrea was left at the farm, the leadership has changed from a democracy to rictatorship. With how much Andrea use to question Rick at the farm and side with Shane, or feel Shane was the better leader, it will be interesting to see how she takes to the new leadership style. For the others of the group it was somewhat gradual, whereas for Andrea it will be like a blink of an eye. Old Rick - New Rick.

Will she challenge him? Support him? Or sleep with him? :smiley-confused002:

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

It is interesting to think how the dynamic of the group has changed. Since Andrea was left at the farm, the leadership has changed from a democracy to rictatorship. With how much Andrea use to question Rick at the farm and side with Shane, or feel Shane was the better leader, it will be interesting to see how she takes to the new leadership style. For the others of the group it was somewhat gradual, whereas for Andrea it will be like a blink of an eye. Old Rick - New Rick.

Will she challenge him? Support him? Or sleep with him? :smiley-confused002:

Good insight. Although I think she would support him. I think why she supported Shane in most cases was because she felt he could make a decision and stick to it. In S2 Rick spent his time trying to appease everyone, when as a leader you are just going to have to make a call and be okay with the fact not everyone is going to like it. Rick's leadership skills have vastly improved and he is very good at asserting his authority now. I don't think Andrea would have a problem with that, she seemed to like those qualities in the Gov as well (although he used his for evil obviously).

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

It probably wasn't personal from Rick's side, but the Governor's dismissal of her was definitely personal. He felt her trying to handle things on her own was an affront to his leadership, so he got pissy and tossed her out, knowing it would hurt her.

I don't think TG dismissed Andrea to hurt her. He dismissed her to limit what she learned. Rick was about to tell her what TG did to Maggie and TG didn't want her to hear that or anything else that would expose him.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

FUBAR1991

FUBAR1991

Infected

• Members
Comic spoiler warning

Spoiler

John 15-13 "Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his friends"

AlleghenyILS

AlleghenyILS

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPittsburgh

If Andrea did rejoin the group, I think Michonne's animosity with her for not leaving would eventually come back to haunt Andrea later down the road.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

Good insight. Although I think she would support him. I think why she supported Shane in most cases was because she felt he could make a decision and stick to it. In S2 Rick spent his time trying to appease everyone, when as a leader you are just going to have to make a call and be okay with the fact not everyone is going to like it. Rick's leadership skills have vastly improved and he is very good at asserting his authority now. I don't think Andrea would have a problem with that, she seemed to like those qualities in the Gov as well (although he used his for evil obviously).

I think Rick and Andrea would make a good couple. Just not right after she comes back to ricks group. So support him first. Sleep with him later :P

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

I don't think it will take much for Rick and Michonne to welcome her back, they are pragmatic which is what I love about their characters. Rick's already empathized with her, saying she is in a jam. I don't think Michonne will be warm to Andrea, that betrayal still stings.

Good call on Glenn & Maggie. That will be interesting how it plays out. And Beth? What will she do?

Michonne interacts with a man who tried to kill her. I think her and andrea storylines in s4 will give writers something interesting to latch on to. So yes I think michonne will eventually except andrea again but wont let her forget how she hurt her.

Beth, I'm not sure. Her and andrea really never had much interaction besides andrea supporting Beth's decision in season two. I assume they'll remain neutral towards eachother. Beth doesn't seem like a person to dislike anyone

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
She would eventually be trusted and accepted by the group again but she would have to accept that her role has been redefined which she somewhat realized when she went to visit them.

AlleghenyILS

AlleghenyILS

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPittsburgh

I think Rick and Andrea would make a good couple. Just not right after she comes back to ricks group. So support him first. Sleep with him later :P

She seem's adept at that :zombie02:

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

She seem's adept at that :zombie02:

Okay you know I like andrea but that was funny :P.

It also seems every man she gets with or gets reallt close to dies. Dale, Shane, 99% sure the gov. So hopefully her curse will be over when she gets to rick

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
I think it's pretty certain that Andrea will redeem herself, both with the group and Michonne, in the upcoming war. When Hershel implied that TG's actions with Maggie were those of a sick mind, she FINALLY knew who she was dealing with. It's "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling'" - ZA style.

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Andrea is about to put herself through a horrific nightmare to try to ensure the group's safety. They'd have to be a bunch of dicks to treat her like shit after that.

I think if anything, Maggie will be extremely sympathetic. Hershel and Carol will probably take good care of her.

This, and this.

How long was it? I can never really keep track of days that well this season. I thought it was like 2 days and it took her a while to find out where they were.

Although they were all pretty suspicious of her when she came that was because Merle had said that Andrea was sleeping with the Gov and Michonne didn't say anything in her defense (although I understand why it must have looked bad that Andrea wouldn't let Michonne kill him) so the obvious conclusion to make is that she is also involved in it. Carol and Hershel always seemed sympathetic and not ones to jump to conclusions, Daryl seemed a aloof and indifferent but it was Maggie, Glenn, Rick and especially Michonne who were the ones to really come down on her hard. At the end Rick seemed to realize that Andrea had "got herself into a tight spot" so I don't think he blames her. Maggie and Glenn probably have more than anything displaced anger, rightfully so, due to what the Gov put them through. Although if they can be around Merle and seem to tolerate him I don't see why their friendship with Andrea would be ruined.

Michonne on the other hand is a different story. She personally feels like Andrea chose the Gov over her, twice. Honestly I feel her feelings are a bit juvenile and immature as she is the one who gave Andrea the ultimatum in the first place. But given how Michonne's character is I can see where it comes from. She and Andrea have the most to rebuild/build in terms of friendship. I think Andrea could find her place with the rest of the group fairly easily but with Michonne it will take time.

I don't think Andrea has done anything to require forgiveness, even from Michonne. Why should Andrea have let Michonne kill a man Andrea cared about and who had done nothing wrong as far as she knew at the time? She did the smart thing and didn't shoot anybody. But the relationship between the two women may or may not be salvageable - we'll see.

And I think that after she listened to and believed what her old group had to say, their attitude mellowed, especially Rick's. Carol was glad to see her right off the bat and Hershel was obviously ready to welcome her back. So if she survives and wants to go back, I think they'll accept her.

Medic.

Medic.

S-mart Employee

• Members

This, and this.

I don't think Andrea has done anything to require forgiveness, even from Michonne. Why should Andrea have let Michonne kill a man Andrea cared about and who had done nothing wrong as far as she knew at the time? She did the smart thing and didn't shoot anybody. But the relationship between the two women may or may not be salvageable - we'll see.

And I think that after she listened to and believed what her old group had to say, their attitude mellowed, especially Rick's. Carol was glad to see her right off the bat and Hershel was obviously ready to welcome her back. So if she survives and wants to go back, I think they'll accept her.

She chose a warm bed over sticking with the woman who kept her alive all winter! She didn't trust Michonne's instincts. She betrayed Michonne.

mdearth70

mdearth70

S-mart Employee

• Members
Michonne stills cares deeply for Andrea as seen in the last episode. They'll be fine.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
I think they're might be a little more then meets the eye with Michonne and Andreas relationship. Michonne does seem to still care for her a lot.

I hope they're friendship can come back or last longer.

I hope the flashback gives us more insight on they're relationship. Maybe it was more then a friendship?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!