What Would Be The Best Way To Handle The Michonne Ultimatum?

Michonne TheGovernor TheGuv Andrea

jayde

jayde

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCanada

I agree. The Gov is a politician. Luring him into a tramps hole is a great defence.

LOL!! Crap, *traps* not tramps! But hey, I suppose if it works, it works!

jayde

jayde

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Fine. Only because you said slightly and "innuendos" (which I did look up btw). And I can totally DO "serious" you know?
But I'm still picking "booby traps" as the best way to handle these things (at this point in time anyway)

I will not dash your "serious hope" in most people here Mr.Z...but Im not taking any chances especially with "trojan horses".even in passing...

Having said that....does anyone have a "non-violent" or more "diplomatic" approach for Rick to diffuse (for the meantime at least) or even totally resolve their predicament? Keep in mind that at this time, most of the folks in Woodbury are still just (up to now, at least) innocent bystanders (albeit brainwashed by the Guv) right? and even his "henchmen" are not really that "hard-core" so they can still be "swayed".

Also, even in pre-emptively "killing" just or only the Guv...still would not be a solution....why? That would only validate Woodsbury's peception/resolve that Rick's group are the "evil doers" correct? Probably even "martyr" Cyclops in the process.

PS: So is that serious enough? :rolleyes:

There's no possible non-violent solution when the other side is out for blood and war. You can't bargain with someone that just wants you dead. So if you can't bargain, how can you still maintain diplomacy?

The people in Woodbury are slowly realizing that they're not as safe or free as the Governor led them to believe. I think a few of them would be happy to not have to live under his watch anymore, particularly the ones that wanted to leave and were forbidden.

NewJeffCT

NewJeffCT

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationSouthern New England, USA
I think the response should be to attack Woodbury tomorrow. Take Merle, Daryl and Glen around one way, and have Michonne, Rick and Maggie go another way. Attack to kill as many warriors as possible (Martinez and the other few that are left)

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

I think the response should be to attack Woodbury tomorrow. Take Merle, Daryl and Glen around one way, and have Michonne, Rick and Maggie go another way. Attack to kill as many warriors as possible (Martinez and the other few that are left)

If the Governor has spies watching the prison, this may be very hard to accomplish.

NewJeffCT

NewJeffCT

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationSouthern New England, USA

If the Governor has spies watching the prison, this may be very hard to accomplish.

They were able to leave the prison on the gun-run to Morgan's place and then get back. You'd think the Governor would have hit the prison without Rick and Michonne there? Take one car like you're going for a gun run or food run, and then have the others duck down inside - or,leave at night. Unless they have walkie-talkies, the lookout won't be able to get word to Woodbury in time.

detartrated

detartrated

Infected

• Banned

I don't think there's a diplomatic solution to be had as TG is dead set on massacring Rick and Co. I do think Andrea holds some sway with a decent portion of the WB citizens. If TG were killed, she could probably easily convince the majority of WB that it was necessary and done in order to spare both their lives and her old group's lives. Some of them might not be OK w/ that and would have to die. They're all gonna die one way or another, esp. if they go into battle for TG.

There's no possible non-violent solution when the other side is out for blood and war. You can't bargain with someone that just wants you dead. So if you can't bargain, how can you still maintain diplomacy?

The people in Woodbury are slowly realizing that they're not as safe or free as the Governor led them to believe. I think a few of them would be happy to not have to live under his watch anymore, particularly the ones that wanted to leave and were forbidden.

Hmmmm....I can't say I agree. I mean sure, most of us here (and the general public) would want/expect a bloodbath and massacre ---you know the high-action stuff (lotsa shooting and knives flying and all that...er, lets not forget the "booby-tramps"!!! :P )....However, as from episode 13, we also saw that TheGov and Rick's group can just "sit down and talk", even share whiskey and a smoke <booooring!> ...and they will/can again (presumably)

So....how about this scenario:

Spoiler

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
Did they show a conversation at the prison in which Andrea actually told them about the general population being decent people? She said so little, it's difficult to remember.

I'd think the best hope would be to covertly strike WB before the two days is up. And to go straight for TG when he's least expecting it. It would avoid killing so many innocents, and I don't think Milton or Martinez would raise too much stink. Martinez, in his convo with Daryl, seem a follower rather than a leader. He goes to war because those are his orders. Without TG, it seems the people of WB would likely back off and go on as usual.

auximenes

auximenes

Lurker

• Members
An earlier Rick would not even begin to entertain the thought of handing M over. The foundation of the Ricktatorship has been undermined. Will he ever recover? I doubt it...

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
Anyone who offers that deal can't be trusted, never take it.

detartrated

detartrated

Infected

• Banned
I still believe the best way to handle theGov is NOT a direct assault (covertly or otherwise...no innuendo here), but a one on one uhmmm....psychological warfare directed at him:

Spoiler

jayde

jayde

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Hmmmm....I can't say I agree. I mean sure, most of us here (and the general public) would want/expect a bloodbath and massacre ---you know the high-action stuff (lotsa shooting and knives flying and all that...er, lets not forget the "booby-tramps"!!! :P )....However, as from episode 13, we also saw that TheGov and Rick's group can just "sit down and talk", even share whiskey and a smoke <booooring!> ...and they will/can again (presumably)

So....how about this scenario:

Spoiler

Rick can sit down and share a whisky. The Governor had an ulterior motive all along. The only talking he was interested in doing was about making a deal to take a life while secretly planning to massacre them all. The Governor sitting down to talk about a truce doesn't count when he's there under false pretenses and has absolutely no intention of actually entertaining any possibility of letting bygones be bygones.

And yes... BOOBY TRAMPS are a necessity at this point! Somehow I have a feeling that one will never go away. Lol

Kansas Slim

Kansas Slim

Infected

• Members
This is a hard spot. It doesn't sound like they have the food/supplies to sustain a siege at the prison. Escape is an option, but if the Guv is having it watched, he'll know.. plus you have an infant in tow.

In my honest opinion, they have only 2 options. 1) a bold, go for broke attack with the sole purpose of killing the guv (think the end of 300 and Leonidas's spear chuck).... or 2) Andrea...

bulby37

bulby37

S-mart Employee

• Members
I saw this question as what would you do if you were in Rick's shoes. I think Rick's police training has taught him a thing or two about negotiating with less than honorable individuals, and he knows the guy was shooting sunshine up his shorts. If the same offer came from someone he knew and trusted, he would more than likely have taken it on the spot, as Michonne left the raid party hangin' out with their pants down so she could pursue her little personal vendetta against TG. If giving her up to save the lives of the children and the rest of the party he is responsible for is the best option, that is what you would have to do. She left them to die, leave her chains just loose enough and slide her a shiv, let her handle herself as she has shown herself apt to do. However, he knows that this isn't the case here.
If you do a rundown of the prison's fighting force, you come out to 7 able bodied adults, a one-legged marksman, and 3 children. Pre packaging one of the seven fighters is a big blow to the group. Not going to happen. I would say highlight a path that seems easiest to gain entry to the prison, such as the way Tyrese and co entered, and trap the heck out of it. Possibly make one last trip to Morganville, drop off Carl, Judith, and Beth (Morgan willing), come back home, and keep to a defensible position with an escape route or 3 planned for.
They know the prison better than they know Woodbury. The only intel you have on WB is from Michonne, who was there for a week maybe, and Merle, who is untrustworthy and may have ideas other than the survival of the group.
Bottom line, the only way out of this is fight or flight.

detartrated

detartrated

Infected

• Banned

And yes... BOOBY TRAMPS are a necessity at this point! Somehow I have a feeling that one will never go away. Lol

You got it buddy!!! ;) Finally!!!! Somebody recognizing the value of Booby Tramps!!!! :rolleyes:

thefallenfeelnopain

thefallenfeelnopain

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNE Ohio
I think Michonne is becoming a great character within this series. She was very dark and mysterious to begin with, but she has grown exponentially this season. To trade her off like that isn't looking like a viable possibility from where I stand.

What I do believe will happen is that Rick will set up some sort of trade off as a trap for the Governor. It's not like Rick to just get rid of someone like that and I think he sees the potential within Michonne with each passing day. I look for her to become a vital character as each episode progresses onward with the start being her and Carl's previous adventure.

detartrated

detartrated

Infected

• Banned
I apologize for posting an offensive .gif :( I guess this TWD forum is not yet ready for what a "booby tramp" looks like...(please do not PM me to show it to you, as I will be busy flaggellating myself to atone for my sins...either that or washing my socks and making Jello)

Again, I'm very sorry for those of you whose sensibilities I have offended:

Please accept my sad & sorry uhmm..pus..er..."cat" face (geez...dodge another one there)

Matt G

Matt G

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I apologize for posting an offensive .gif :( I guess this TWD forum is not yet ready for what a "booby tramp" looks like...(please do not PM me to show it to you, as I will be busy flaggellating myself to atone for my sins...either that or washing my socks and making Jello)

Again, I'm very sorry for those of you whose sensibilities I have offended:

Please accept my sad & sorry uhmm..pus..er..."cat" face (geez...dodge another one there)

Your killing me man.

Anyway Rick and his group know there is not going to be a Diplomatic solution to this whole situation. He came to the prison and shot the place up just because they came to get there friends back. The things Merle and Michonne have told the group about the Governor would for sure put an axe in any solution or put a peace treaty in place. Thats why I believe Rick told the group that they need to prepare for war and strike fear in the group to prepare them to fight for what they have at the prison.

detartrated

detartrated

Infected

• Banned

This would be a lot more fun if I can figure out how to make a poll...but anyhow...we all know what TheGuv's ultimatum/compromise was in episode 13 [Arrow on the Doorpost] and we all know what he actually intends to do....

We are...or at least, I am, however, NOT quite sure what Rick is actually planning for Michonne or if he even intends to even bring it up her at all (he only did with Herschel)...but of course, he would eventually have to deal with Michonne one way or another (the plot would require it ---and I honestly have not seen any preview trailers after the last episode) So how to best do this?

• Just "blindside" her, :ph34r2: put a bag over her head and have theGuv pick her up at some drop-off point?
  • Put it to a "secret vote" ala Survivor amongst the group and get them to decide Michonne's fate (this would be messy, but at least its the majority rule)
  • Have Merle deal with it (there is no love lost between them)....or a variation of this would be to send both of them back to the Guv (think of it as bonus...both of them in some ways started this mess anyways)
  • Have Andrea deal with it on her "end" (she can "handle" both Michonne and theGuv or so it seems) -- maybe she can "cum up with sumthin" :baby: (she always has her vagenda)
  • Spoiler

I finally caught up with the last episode (315 Sorrowful Life).....and...wow! I almost called all of it!!! :P Scene for scene!

Can't wait for the final episode!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!