What Would Be The Best Way To Handle The Michonne Ultimatum?

Michonne TheGovernor TheGuv Andrea

detartrated

detartrated

Infected

• Banned
This would be a lot more fun if I can figure out how to make a poll...but anyhow...we all know what TheGuv's ultimatum/compromise was in episode 13 [Arrow on the Doorpost] and we all know what he actually intends to do....

We are...or at least, I am, however, NOT quite sure what Rick is actually planning for Michonne or if he even intends to even bring it up her at all (he only did with Herschel)...but of course, he would eventually have to deal with Michonne one way or another (the plot would require it ---and I honestly have not seen any preview trailers after the last episode) So how to best do this?
  • Just "blindside" her, :ph34r2: put a bag over her head and have theGuv pick her up at some drop-off point?
  • Put it to a "secret vote" ala Survivor amongst the group and get them to decide Michonne's fate (this would be messy, but at least its the majority rule)
  • Have Merle deal with it (there is no love lost between them)....or a variation of this would be to send both of them back to the Guv (think of it as bonus...both of them in some ways started this mess anyways)
  • Have Andrea deal with it on her "end" (she can "handle" both Michonne and theGuv or so it seems) -- maybe she can "cum up with sumthin" :baby: (she always has her vagenda)
  • Spoiler

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
I would love for Rick to show up with a walker disguised as Michonne with a bag over its head.

But it sounds like the Gov is going to just gun them all down when they arrive. Like the Military guys.

Austin

Austin

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
Michonne is one of the groups best fighters, I wouldn't sacrifice her. I wonder if the prison group would just be better off leaving the prison altogether. Maybe go back to ricks town. I think being that Lori died there, he feels somewhat stuck there.

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
Well if they leave the prison and end up somewhere else whats to say someone will drive them out of there.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Well if they leave the prison and end up somewhere else whats to say someone will drive them out of there.

Being driven out by a larger force is always a possibility in their world, so I imagine that it doesn't factor into their plans too heavily. If they let that play into their thinking, they would literally be on the road until the last member died.

detartrated

detartrated

Infected

• Banned
Look guys (and/or gals), just to get back into topic, we'll all just assume for the moment that TheGuv is just "demanding Michonne" as a delaying tactic/psychological ploy of some sort (which it is..) and will really kill them all once he gets the chance (which he will most obviously do from what he said the last time).....and of course, Rick also takes this into consideration....but still he's second guessing himself...so giving up Michonne's pointless (at least to us viewers) --which makes the ending irksome..but the possibilities a potboiler

If I were Rick, I'd call Cyclop's demand and offer him a counter-demand in their next meeting (which he should have done in the first time around instead of drinking whiskey)
Spoiler

DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSan Diego
Problem is guv already has a plan. No matter what Rick says if the meet again guv's men have orders to shoot Rick and co as soon as they see Michonne. If Rick tries to trade or fake a trade he is dead either way. Prison group needs to sneak out the back and do something about the guv AT woodbury. Then surround it and snipe anyone who leaves.

Dr Cank

Dr Cank

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationWNC
The planned meeting time would be an excellent time for a little woodbury terrorizing. With out the Guv in town you think you would be able to distract the gaurds at the front gate and pop a hole or two into the side or back end defenses of the city. The Irony is even though Rick does not know, we know alot of people will be ou tof WB at the time, making an even better oppurtinity for attack.

I guess in my logic, If I were Rick i would want to anger the Guv and get him to attack me on my ground. The prison is well defendable. It is the waiting that will start to deplete resources. The Hard part would be getting back to the prison before the Guv attacks. I would assume the Guv would have to fall back to refortify and gather his remaing troops before his attack, but who knows.

At Risk

At Risk

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn a near-constant state of confusion
I don't think I would even be considering the Michonne trade.

Rick knows Andrea has had a relationship with the Governor. He also knows what the Governor did to Maggie and Glenn. Regardless of what some fans may think, I don't believe Rick considers Andrea an idiot or lacking morals, so it goes without saying that the Governor is a liar and manipulative. If Rick honest and truly comes to the conclusion that he can trade Michonne to save the prison my mind is going to be blown.

I think he should come clean and let everyone know. I'm sure Merle would be the first one to call bullshit, and he doesn't even have a reason to protect Michonne. Maybe pretend to turn her over while having some kind of insurance. Maybe lie and say she ran off, pissed and panicked, and that they need help taking her out?

I don't know, I suck at plans. I just think taking TG head on or at face value is a bad course of action. Sneaking into Woodbury, getting him to come to them at the prison, or flat out running for it all seem like safer ideas to me.

Dr Cank

Dr Cank

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationWNC

I don't know, I suck at plans.

(+1)
That maybe the funniest thing I have read all day. So matter-of-fact about it. :lol:

At Risk

At Risk

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn a near-constant state of confusion

(+1)
That maybe the funniest thing I have read all day. So matter-of-fact about it. :lol:

My screen name is fitting in more ways than one - I've accepted my part in this whole zombie apocalypse thing. :)

Luv2readt.

Luv2readt.

S-mart Employee

• Members
Sending Michonne to her death, rape, being blinded would make Rick the monster that the Governor is. Michonne and the Governor were in a fight to the death. She blinded him to save herself and should of/would of killed him (solving lots of problems). He would have killed her in the fight as well. He lost the fight and was saved by Andrea. He should be glad that he didn't get killed.
The governor will try to kill them no matter what Rick does. Man up, Rick and remember how the American military answered a demand from the German army in WWII. "Nuts"

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
The prison is defensible to a point. Last time they drove a truck through two fences and thus now only have one or two left to keep the walkers and WB people out. Small matter of one person like before driving up and smashing through the remaining fences. If the assault on the prison comes on one or two sides then the prison group can simply wait for the assailants to blow out their ammo by hunkering down behind concrete walls and only shoot back one or two shots to keep them shooting up their ammo. Eventually they'll run out and the prison group has now the upper hand with spending ammunition.
However the entrance where Tyreese and his group entered is the highest risk place. I'd try to get as many walkers on that side to create an obstacle course (and a means for the WB folk to waste ammo again) and keep that part of the prison on "lock-down" status so that entry to Cell block C is going to be mighty tough. They could booby trap the halls and doors enroute from the "tombs".
Basically as I see it WB can only do a siege on the prison and hope to knock out the defenders one by one. You'd need everyone there so doing a bit of guerrilla action on Woodbury is out of the question for the time being. Defend the prison and make sure you got an escape route in case it all goes south. I doubt that TG has enough people to encircle the entire prison with enough man power to adequately block any possible escape routes.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Drunktard

Drunktard

S-mart Employee

• Members
Well considering the gov gave Rick 2 days to think about it, they should send Michonne to woodbury as a stealthy assassin. If she can find a way to get inside the city unseen then she can probably sneak up on the governor and finish the job.

Rick would be crazy to give up such a good fighter like Michonne, she is made for this crazy world.

zombieprincess

zombieprincess

Infected

• Members
I feel like many of the posts on this thread have little spoilers from the comics in them.

Also, I would run from the prison through a back area. They're so used to clearling out walkers now that it wouldn't be as terrifying as before. The only thing of course, is that there's no known shelter and they have the baby.

Realisticly speaking, I would never give up Michonne. I'd find good hiding/sniping places to shoot at the the townspeople from far away , and find an area high and far away enough from the entrances to throw grenades at them when they try to force their way in.

My only "war" experiences have been on Battlefield and COD though, so maybe that isn't realistic either lol. :srug:

detartrated

detartrated

Infected

• Banned
Did somebody just mentioned "booby traps"?!? :rolleyes:

Ugh! :huh: Nuts! I was going to go with that too!!! :mad2: But I think only Maggie has those....uhmm...boobies

Oh well...how about vaginas er, ninjas? :ph34r2: I mean. Dammit :wacko: .... I don't think Carol would work as a "ninja" with a vagenda...<shudder>

The only way for Rick to unexpectedly confront theGuv would be to send in a "trojan"...er, horse...trojan horse (look it up) like Andrea (the biatch could actually end all this)....give up Michonne, march her publicly into Woodbury and hand her over to Cyclops himself in full view of the Woodbury townfolk....Andrea could gather them all up and have them all witness this "turnover" (maybe even make a speech---again)
Of course, in this scenario some sort of trial and "justice" will have to be meted out (which make sense right?) :srug: Who knows what'll happen next.....

Ahhhh..f*ck it! <_< Let's just go with the booby traps!!! :P

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Ugh! :huh: Nuts! I was going to go with that too!!! :mad2: But I think only Maggie has those....uhmm...boobies

Oh well...how about vaginas er, ninjas? :ph34r2: I mean. Dammit :wacko: .... I don't think Carol would work as a "ninja" with a vagenda...<shudder>

The only way for Rick to unexpectedly confront theGuv would be to send in a "trojan"...er, horse...trojan horse (look it up) like Andrea (the biatch could actually end all this)....give up Michonne, march her publicly into Woodbury and hand her over to Cyclops himself in full view of the Woodbury townfolk....Andrea could gather them all up and have them all witness this "turnover" (maybe even make a speech---again)
Of course, in this scenario some sort of trial and "justice" will have to be meted out (which make sense right?) :srug: Who knows what'll happen next.....

Alright, enough with the innuendos. It was slightly funny the first time, not funny anymore. Get back on topic with serious posts please. Thank you.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

trojan horse (look it up)

I seriously hope that most people here are, at least, passingly familiar with this to not have to "look it up". I mean, really?

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

:rolleyes:
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

I would love for Rick to show up with a walker disguised as Michonne with a bag over its head.

But it sounds like the Gov is going to just gun them all down when they arrive. Like the Military guys.

This.
Rick knows that the Guv will not let them live, even if he gave him Michonne but because of his position, he has to at least consider it. If Rick shows up 2 days later with a walker instead of Michonne and be ready for the ambush the Guv is planning, his suspisions would be confirmed.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

jayde

jayde

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCanada
There's only one thing Rick and co can do - fight. The Governor is going to attempt to exterminate them whether they hand over Michonne or not. So why send her to a very long and enduring death (if he even lets her get to that point) knowing the Governor plans to pick them all off one by one, anyway? Better to keep her with them to help fend off the impending Woodbury attacks than to hand her over and be one fighter down.

The planned meeting time would be an excellent time for a little woodbury terrorizing. With out the Guv in town you think you would be able to distract the gaurds at the front gate and pop a hole or two into the side or back end defenses of the city. The Irony is even though Rick does not know, we know alot of people will be ou tof WB at the time, making an even better oppurtinity for attack.

I guess in my logic, If I were Rick i would want to anger the Guv and get him to attack me on my ground. The prison is well defendable. It is the waiting that will start to deplete resources. The Hard part would be getting back to the prison before the Guv attacks. I would assume the Guv would have to fall back to refortify and gather his remaing troops before his attack, but who knows.

I like this idea in theory, but I don't know if I see the Governor actually going to that meeting place as stated, not even if it's just to kill them all and grab Michonne. When he was telling Martinez to kill the others and keep Michonne alive, I got the feeling that he's sending them to do the dirty work but doesn't necessarily plan on going. Why should he? It's not like he's actually planning on sticking to his end of the deal. He's also probably smart enough to know that if the group rejects his deal, that it would be the perfect opportunity to plan an attack on Woodbury.

Imagine Rick showing up with Michonne, asking for the Governor, and being told he isn't there. Someone grabs Michonne, Rick realizes he was set up and most of the stronger members of the group are with him (Daryl, Michonne, possibly Merle since he doesn't seem to like Daryl going off without him). Who's left to defend the prison? Carol, Hershel, Maggie, and Glenn. I'd be surprised if the Governor does actually go to meet Rick himself this time around.

I agree with luring the Governor to the prison...provided they have defences in place. There are too many holes to get into, but that can be useful to set up tramps and such things. They attacked once and got out in one piece, they could probably do it again but the challenge would be more getting into Woodbury than getting out, this time.

detartrated

detartrated

Infected

• Banned

Alright, enough with the innuendos. It was slightly funny the first time, not funny anymore. Get back on topic with serious posts please. Thank you.

Fine. Only because you said slightly and "innuendos" (which I did look up btw). And I can totally DO "serious" you know?
But I'm still picking "booby traps" as the best way to handle these things (at this point in time anyway)

I seriously hope that most people here are, at least, passingly familiar with this to not have to "look it up". I mean, really?

I will not dash your "serious hope" in most people here Mr.Z...but Im not taking any chances especially with "trojan horses".even in passing...

Having said that....does anyone have a "non-violent" or more "diplomatic" approach for Rick to diffuse (for the meantime at least) or even totally resolve their predicament? Keep in mind that at this time, most of the folks in Woodbury are still just (up to now, at least) innocent bystanders (albeit brainwashed by the Guv) right? and even his "henchmen" are not really that "hard-core" so they can still be "swayed".

Also, even in pre-emptively "killing" just or only the Guv...still would not be a solution....why? That would only validate Woodsbury's peception/resolve that Rick's group are the "evil doers" correct? Probably even "martyr" Cyclops in the process.

PS: So is that serious enough? :rolleyes:

DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSan Diego

I agree with luring the Governor to the prison...provided they have defences in place. There are too many holes to get into, but that can be useful to set up tramps and such things.

I agree. The Gov is a politician. Luring him into a tramps hole is a great defence.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

I will not dash your "serious hope" in most people here Mr.Z...but Im not taking any chances especially with "trojan horses".even in passing...

You speak in a very confusing manner, but yes, I believe most people here are aware of the Trojan horse and its use.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Fine. Only because you said slightly and "innuendos" (which I did look up btw). And I can totally DO "serious" you know?
But I'm still picking "booby traps" as the best way to handle these things (at this point in time anyway)

Having said that....does anyone have a "non-violent" or more "diplomatic" approach for Rick to diffuse (for the meantime at least) or even totally resolve their predicament? Keep in mind that at this time, most of the folks in Woodbury are still just (up to now, at least) innocent bystanders (albeit brainwashed by the Guv) right? and even his "henchmen" are not really that "hard-core" so they can still be "swayed".

Also, even in pre-emptively "killing" just or only the Guv...still would not be a solution....why? That would only validate Woodsbury's peception/resolve that Rick's group are the "evil doers" correct? Probably even "martyr" Cyclops in the process.

PS: So is that serious enough? :rolleyes:

I don't think there's a diplomatic solution to be had as TG is dead set on massacring Rick and Co. I do think Andrea holds some sway with a decent portion of the WB citizens. If TG were killed, she could probably easily convince the majority of WB that it was necessary and done in order to spare both their lives and her old group's lives. Some of them might not be OK w/ that and would have to die. They're all gonna die one way or another, esp. if they go into battle for TG.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!