4 replies to this topic

Slenderbender

Slenderbender

Infected

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden
Hey all,

I just started reading the comics, I'm a big fan of all TWD universe, and I absolutely love the comics.
I just read the part in #09 were the group found a gated community, but it turned out to be filled with roamers. It got me thinking.

What if they found that place way later on, when they have become a bit more used to slaying zombies. How many residents are there usually in one of these communities? Seems like they could have locked the gate, drawn some attention towards themselves, and killed most of the zombies through the gate, and then walked in to get the rest.

Clearly it wouldn't have made up a very good story line, but you'd think that they would think of that safe haven later on (maybe they will?). Seems like as walker-safe as the prison, but way more comfortable and livable.

What do you guys think?
Don't believe me? Ask my mom!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Survivor

• Members
  • 4,259 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I doubt they will think of that place as safe and i do not think they will ever back track to that area. Rick remembers what clearing out and area can mean and i do not think he would risk more lives to clear out an area that could be easily over run again. When you catch up in the comic`s you will understand what i mean. Enjoy that area in Georgia while you can.................

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."
tumblr_n0sl161Sn51s71mpxo1_250.png

Slenderbender

Slenderbender

Infected

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden
I bet you're right PorkTornado75. That only strook me as something that they wouldn't hesitate to clear out in the later episodes of the TV-show, so I figured that somewhere down the line they might regret that they didn't fight for that place, and head back for a second try.

But something that I didn't think of, that you brought up, is the distances between Atlanta, Hershel's farm, the prison and Woodbury.
I have absolutely no clue of how far it is between those places. Maybe it's because they talk about american miles in the show, or it's because of my lack of knowledge in the geography of Georgia, or maybe I never really paid attention.

Could you give me a ball park number of the distances?
Don't believe me? Ask my mom!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Survivor

• Members
  • 4,259 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
here is a cool map that can show you distances , its a bit outdated and has some spoilers on it if you are not caught up in the comics beware.
http://maps.google.c...3d3ecc55ac63583

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."
tumblr_n0sl161Sn51s71mpxo1_250.png

Kneelbeforegod

Kneelbeforegod

Roamer

• Members
  • 619 posts
I betcha if thwy found it later donna would still die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!