• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

tewkewl

tewkewl

Infected

• Members
  • 209 posts
Hey guys,

what did you think of the crispy walkers in the bar? How did they get that way?

my hunch is based on the map of the town on morgans wall. some of the buildings say clear, some say taken, others say burned out. My hunch is that morgan found a bunch of zeds in a house and then just burned the house down, hence the "burned out" on his wall. well, the zeds that survived, woulda been been pretty crispy.

this is one of the crispy walkers of whom i speak: http://www.dreadcent..._312_zombie.jpg

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationThe Island of Misfit Toys
Well if there was only one, it being Georgia, and a restaurant and all I would say the deep fat fryer was left on and one tumbled in. Deep fried walkers, yuuuum! :zombiethumbsup: We even deep fry stuff like pickles and ice cream down here ya know.

However I saw more than one burned walker, so I can get on board with your theory of a failed "kill it with fire" attempt. Morgan should be careful with that. When you start setting things on fire it has a tendency to get out of hand. He didn't seem to be at his best right at the moment with the being rational and all that thing though. :smiley-confused002:
The writins' on the wall, there's a bruise on his face. Daddys come and go, mammas on a date.
He's just cold an hungry, playin ain't no fun. And if he ever grows up, he'll get him a gun.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Roamer

• Members
  • 652 posts
I didn't even notice those ... Were they up and walking around? Seems kind of unlikely that a brain would have survived, if there was enough heat to do that kind of damage to the skin. Will have to look again.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationThe Island of Misfit Toys
Back in the day when I was police ossifering, running the meat wagon, and hiring myself out to protect the innocent and punish the wicked, that last part ain't nearly as wonderful as it's always made out to be by the way. :smiley-confused002: Maybe it's only wonderful if you don't take money to do it, I dunno. :srug:

But I digress. Anyway I had the dubious honor of dragging the occasional crispy critter out of a burned out car or building. It takes a very hot fire burning for a good while to really damage the internal organs of a body. Most of them are like a hot dog that slips off the grill onto the coals and doesn't get noticed for a few minutes. They are crispy black on the outside and still pink inside.

Mind you of course my experience is with dead bodies, not walking corpses. So I have no idea how that heat would affect the reanimation process as depicted in the series.
The writins' on the wall, there's a bruise on his face. Daddys come and go, mammas on a date.
He's just cold an hungry, playin ain't no fun. And if he ever grows up, he'll get him a gun.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Roamer

• Members
  • 652 posts
Didn't Mazzara or someone say at one point that the reason many of the dead folk in the cars in Season 2 not only suffered head trauma, but had had their brains cooked by the summer heat? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Again, though, lack of rules and consistency is frustrating.

Ricktatorship

Ricktatorship

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 153 posts
Don't make a big deal out of this i would say. It was probably just Morgan burning some houses and leaving them

tewkewl

tewkewl

Infected

• Members
  • 209 posts

Don't make a big deal out of this i would say. It was probably just Morgan burning some houses and leaving them

dude. we are interested in this topic... i posed the exact theory you just mentioned. we want to explore it. i mean, this is the first crispy walker we've seen on TWD...

Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat

Lurker

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • LocationThe Outskirts of Crazytown
Crispy Walkers :zombiethumbsup:
I think they must have been in a house fire too.

The ones that Morgan has been putting on his Zombie burn pile were all dead to begin with, well dead again, whatever, a blow to the brain.
The ones still walking around had to have been caught in a fire, but kept walking. So intense heat must not kill their brains, that seems to poke a hole in the died having their brains cooked in an over-heated car business.

Posted Image

HDTVDinner

HDTVDinner

Infected

• Members
  • 37 posts

Crispy Walkers
I think they must have been in a house fire too.

The ones that Morgan has been putting on his Zombie burn pile were all dead to begin with, well dead again, whatever, a blow to the brain.
The ones still walking around had to have been caught in a fire, but kept walking. So intense heat must not kill their brains, that seems to poke a hole in the died having their brains cooked in an over-heated car business.

Not really. A few minutes walking through a fire does not really compare to being in a closed up car that may reach 180 degrees for hours, even days.

People, unfortunately, mostly kids die every year from this. And it can occur in as little as 30 minutes.Now compare that to cooking a whole pig With fire. 30 minutes even in an unground pit would not produce a well cooked pig, if cooked at all.

Edited by HDTVDinner, 05 March 2013 - 01:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!