Morgan Woodbury

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members
  • 435 posts

That is my point. Rick left him on his own, so it seems his continued isolation will only worsen his mental state.

I realize that the plot called for Morgan to only be in one episode (most likely the actors scheduling conflicts) but I also think that Rick did not try harder to bring Morgan back to the prison because he already has too much on his plate with Merle, the Guv, etc. and Morgan's instability could be another factor that could cause a fatal mistake.

oh yeah absolutely. I'm just hoping he gets worked back in some way or another because Morgan is a really good character.

Boss

Boss

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 124 posts

Morgan was actually smart not to leave. He's loaded on food and ammo, and his system is working right now. He's survived for a year on his own, why would he want to go back to the prison with a war going on?

Well he did say he was ready to die, or implied it at least.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Well he did say he was ready to die, or implied it at least.

Oh yes, he is. He literally pulled Rick's gun to his head and asked Rick to shoot him.

SunnysideUP

SunnysideUP

Infected

• Members
  • 6 posts

That is my point. Rick left him on his own, so it seems his continued isolation will only worsen his mental state.

Or seeing Rick again could be a catalyst for Morgan's mental state to improve. Maybe like seeing hope in the world.

Morgan so far has had to 'work up to' doing things. He's paid a heavy price for that thinking before. Maybe his talk with Rick helps him realize he doesn't have to die to pay the price and if he's around other people when he 'clears' then he will see his work be a success.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
  • 9,791 posts

Or seeing Rick again could be a catalyst for Morgan's mental state to improve. Maybe like seeing hope in the world.

Morgan so far has had to 'work up to' doing things. He's paid a heavy price for that thinking before. Maybe his talk with Rick helps him realize he doesn't have to die to pay the price and if he's around other people when he 'clears' then he will see his work be a success.

That is a really good point. Both men benefited from their interaction. I would just be afraid that it may be enough to clear his mind temporarily but once he was isolated for a while, he would continue his slide into madness.
Trust me, I would love to see Morgan again. I hope they go back and visit him throughout the series.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • 2,904 posts
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
I would love for Morgan to return and hope that they have already contracted with Lennie James to return. Lennie seems like someone that you have to book ahead.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

AlleghenyILS

AlleghenyILS

Infected

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh
Where do you see his future involvement? Could he become a integral component of ensuing Gov-Rick battle? I would love to see him become of Ricks group because of he and Rick's camaraderie. His skill with a weapon (at least better than the ladies, and probably better than at least half of the WB "fighters") is a key factor I believe.

Any thought/opinions would be great as usual and thanks for reading.

Grénádé

Grénádé

Lurker

• Members
  • 256 posts
I think if we see Morgan again, and I hope we do, it will be in season four. There are three episodes left and they have plenty they can do without shoehorning in another plot line. Plus Morgan is a black guy and we already have Tyrese to fart around with for the rest of the season.

AlleghenyILS

AlleghenyILS

Infected

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

I think if we see Morgan again, and I hope we do, it will be in season four. There are three episodes left and they have plenty they can do without shoehorning in another plot line. Plus Morgan is a black guy and we already have Tyrese to fart around with for the rest of the season.

I really hope Tyrese isn't killed off in S4 or later just to make room for Morgan. It would be awesome to have them both in the group. I agree with you that the story path shouldn't deviate too much from where it is going, there's more than enough to keep us held over until S4.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationRick Grimes
I think we'll see him in the future.

Morgan seemed to reach a modicum of sanity by the end of the episode, and Rick knows where Morgan is. Rick also feels indebted to Morgan and still wants to rescue him. I think we'll see Morgan again should Rick and the group move out of the prison. Now that Morgan is more sane, he'd be more responsive to the idea of change and the possibility of living. And Rick wants to save him.

We'll see him again. When? I don't know. Probably after the prison arc.

It all depends on Lennie James's schedule.

Edited by Leela, 14 March 2013 - 03:51 AM.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
I like the Morgan character and certainly hope to see him again in the future but I don't think he will be back before S4. To me the writers left us with the fact that Morgan will be "clearing" out Kings County for awhile. I hope that sometime in the future his character could be a regular but it seems as though he is a busy actor these days so I guess they're working around his schedule and whatever time he has available.

Pbonetheman

Pbonetheman

Infected

• Members
  • 17 posts
Maybe he comes back at the end of the season. If he made time for one episode maybe he filmed another one at the same time.

Spoiler

Edited by Pbonetheman, 14 March 2013 - 04:29 AM.

AlleghenyILS

AlleghenyILS

Infected

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

I think we'll see him in the future.

Morgan seemed to reach a modicum of sanity by the end of the episode, and Rick knows where Morgan is. Rick also feels indebted to Morgan and still wants to rescue him. I think we'll see Morgan again should Rick and the group move out of the prison. Now that Morgan is more sane, he'd be more responsive to the idea of change and the possibility of living. And Rick wants to save him.

We'll see him again. When? I don't know. Probably after the prison arc.

It all depends on Lennie James's schedule.

I know James is involved with a new BBC series titled Line of Duty at the very least. I do also hope he becomes part of the regular cast. Love his character. Any possible chance Rick's group eventually holds up in Kings County eventually? I haven't read the comic yet so I don't even know in that regard. Morgan can seriously be a efficient asset to the group if he eventually does join up. His knowledge of the area's hes been, among other things, would be something of value. Who even knows if that avenue is even gone down though

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • 2,904 posts
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
James' role in Line of Duty ended at the end of the show's first season. However, he is staring in AMC's new show Low Winter Sun and will be filming S1 in Detroit during the spring and summer. So, I don't we will see Morgan return during the first half of S4. I would like to see Morgan return though and join Rick's team. I think when we do we will find that part of the reason that Morgan declined to go with Rick to the prison was that he had walker Duane chained up, like TG did Penny. I think Morgan chained Duane to keep him around without allowing him to be a threat to him like his wife Jenny was. I also think Morgan was feeding Duane the people who didn't leave.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,697 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

James' role in Line of Duty ended at the end of the show's first season. However, he is staring in AMC's new show Low Winter Sun and will be filming S1 in Detroit during the spring and summer. So, I don't we will see Morgan return during the first half of S4. I would like to see Morgan return though and join Rick's team. I think when we do we will find that part of the reason that Morgan declined to go with Rick to the prison was that he had walker Duane chained up, like TG did Penny. I think Morgan chained Duane to keep him around without allowing him to be a threat to him like his wife Jenny was. I also think Morgan was feeding Duane the people who didn't leave.

Zombie Duane is an interesting thought. I really would be delighted if Morgan shows up and acts as a sniper against WB w/o Rick's knowledge. I know it's unlikely but if Morgan could get close enough and remain hidden, a snipe attack would certainly get more Woodburians nervous about taking up arms against Rick and co. Can't wait 'til Sunday!
Posted Image

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Zombie Duane is an interesting thought. I really would be delighted if Morgan shows up and acts as a sniper against WB w/o Rick's knowledge. I know it's unlikely but if Morgan could get close enough and remain hidden, a snipe attack would certainly get more Woodburians nervous about taking up arms against Rick and co. Can't wait 'til Sunday!

I, too, would love to see something along the lines of this, as long as it is well-written. Having Morgan lend aid in that battle would have a very "look to the east at first light on the third day" feel to it.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,697 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

I, too, would love to see something along the lines of this, as long as it is well-written. Having Morgan lend aid in that battle would have a very "look to the east at first light on the third day" feel to it.

Agreed, Blasko. Morgan has spent so much time stewing in his own juices that I think he may be ready to rejoin society, particularly now that he knows Rick has always cared about him and needs his help. I am not ruling out a return this season by any means. I figure it's about 50/50 as far as likelihood goes. A girl can dream, right? ;)
Posted Image

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Agreed, Blasko. Morgan has spent so much time stewing in his own juices that I think he may be ready to rejoin society, particularly now that he knows Rick has always cared about him and needs his help. I am not ruling out a return this season by any means. I figure it's about 50/50 as far as likelihood goes. A girl can dream, right? ;)

That, she can. :) As far as Morgan goes, I am not holding my breath or anything, but it seems like he could show back up this season.

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • LocationPhoenix AZ

Do you think Morgan will return again. Obviously he is now crazy, but maybe after prison arc Rick goes back and talks him into coming with them? I just would really like Morgan on the show, dude is a solid actor.

My guess is that Morgan returns in episode 16, of this season. He will get captured by TG, and end up getting the a beheading treatment...

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

detartrated

detartrated

Infected

• Banned
  • 69 posts

Do you think Morgan will return again. Obviously he is now crazy, but maybe after prison arc Rick goes back and talks him into coming with them? I just would really like Morgan on the show, dude is a solid actor.

Jello?!? :rolleyes: Do you even need to ask that?!? Of course, he would....he's got "MoreGuns" than Rick and theGuv :lol: He'll probably deliver it to them....

Spoiler

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

Jello?!? :rolleyes: Do you even need to ask that?!? Of course, he would....he's got "MoreGuns" than Rick and theGuv :lol: He'll probably deliver it to them....

Spoiler

I get the "MoreGuns" pun you made there, but the rest of that post makes no sense. Based on what you quoted, what is "it" and why would Morgan "deliver it"?

AlleghenyILS

AlleghenyILS

Infected

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

My guess is that Morgan returns in episode 16, of this season. He will get captured by TG, and end up getting the a beheading treatment...

If he's going to die this early I really hope it's not like that.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members
  • 1,243 posts

If he's going to die this early I really hope it's not like that.

Seconded... :(

AlleghenyILS

AlleghenyILS

Infected

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Seconded... :(

Yeah ;/. He would definitely be a great asset to the groups, especially with the obligatory deaths that are soon to come.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  • LocationOhio

I was thinking this too and mentioned it in another thread. The Governor knows about Michonne and Rick's gun run, so it's possible they could have been followed or tracked to King's County. I can see it playing out like (comic spoilers)
Spoiler

Like a lot of others, though, I hope this doesn't happen. I'd actually prefer never seeing Morgan again than to just bring him back just to kill him off real quick.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Morgan, Woodbury

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!