Will Morgan Return?

Morgan Woodbury

tdogforpresident

tdogforpresident

Infected

• Members
Do you think Morgan will return again. Obviously he is now crazy, but maybe after prison arc Rick goes back and talks him into coming with them? I just would really like Morgan on the show, dude is a solid actor.

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
I do not think we have seen the last of Morgan.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

tdogforpresident

tdogforpresident

Infected

• Members
That's what I'm hoping

twd85

twd85

Infected

• Members
  • LocationThe Governor's Missing Eye
I'm sure we'll see him again! Just glad the writers didn't have him appear again just to kill him off at the end of the episode!

Austin

Austin

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
Morgan was actually smart not to leave. He's loaded on food and ammo, and his system is working right now. He's survived for a year on his own, why would he want to go back to the prison with a war going on?

Austin

Austin

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
Lol, what if Rick made his old town the new Woodbury. With Morgan's help of course

Merc

Merc

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOhio
That was some of the best acting that you can get on a TV Show. I give props to Lennie James. That was great. Awesome episode. Morgan will be back in season 4. He has to be.
LONG LIVE RICK GRIMES!

tdogforpresident

tdogforpresident

Infected

• Members

Lol, what if Rick made his old town the new Woodbury. With Morgan's help of course

that would be really interesting

Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGeorgia
I feel that the group will head to Morgans place instead of the Farm for a second time.

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
I'm honestly not even sure if they were aware they were definitely going to be able to do more with him. He has his new AMC cop show that he's doing and it films around the same time as TWD, so right now I'd say that kinda throws a wrench into things (as far as coming back for *more* than one episode).

They probably kept him alive on the off-chance that his show gets cancelled.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
I hope to see Morgan again in the future and hopefully in a better mental state. I agree Lennie James did a fabulous job acting out crazy Morgan. I would like for him to be able to come back into his own and maybe find another reason to live (ie. Michonne, Sasha, Carol, somebody). Loved the episode.

mplebanon

mplebanon

Infected

• Members
I'm guessing Morgan's traps and defense system may be where Rick and the Group heads to for protection.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members
I think we will see more of Morgan. Although I have a feeling that his character is on the road for a tragic end, unless the writers start to give him a plot line beyond Duane and his wife. I would love if he did join the group as a regular, the actor is fantastic, but at this point I don't know how likely it is.

thewalkingwounded

thewalkingwounded

Infected

• Members
In retrospect of tonight's show, I'm a little upset with my perception of the purpose of Morgan's much anticipated return.
Just on it's own, I can accept what Morgan's fate has become, as sad as it is..But it seems that the overriding purpose for Morgan's appearance tonight was for him and his craziness to be the springboard for Rick's return back to mental stability and back to being the leader. I think that Rick realizes how demented Morgan has become and Rick realizes that he's not too far from being there himself and that he needs to snap out of it. And I think that Rick will return to that leadership role next week.

Anyways, the actor that plays Morgan did a great job tonight. Does anyone think he'll be back? I don't think he will. I don't read the comic book so I don't know how his chracter does in that.

Joseph

Joseph

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationColchester, England.
He'll back! Maybe in the season 3 finale. If not then very likely in season 4 or 5. Either way, he'll definitely be back!

Ceepeebee

Ceepeebee

Lurker

• Members
I'm not so sure he will be back.....I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but I can't see it. His path is clear (pardon the pun) right now. He's going to survive up until the point where he plucks up the courage to kill himself (clearly not there yet) or get's overrun by another group.

I can possible see The guv taking it to him prior to the Prison.....simply after say a scouting mission for supplies themselves.

Who knows....I could rest peacefully with him not returning though.

As good a character as he is, he's a plot device.

popeye

popeye

Infected

• Members
Great that they kept him alive, Lennie James was amazing in last nights episode as was Andrew Lincoln for some reason Morgan fits so well in the show for me as does Rick - it just works .

Blue Beetle

Blue Beetle

Infected

• Members
Lennie is always great, haven't watched a bad performance from him yet. As for Morgan, the only way I want him back is for a permanent place in the show. Otherwise his fate being up in the air is better. We can use our imagination and his life turns out however we want.

Jon W

Jon W

Lurker

• Members
50/50 chance.

Lennie James has other commitments that are higher than TWD. My understanding is that they had to work fairly hard to slot "Clear" into his schedule.

If those commitments clear up, he'll almost certainly be back as a regular... he and Andrew play so well off of each other.

WalkerBaitGlenn

WalkerBaitGlenn

Infected

• Members
Would Morgan have wanted to go with Rick to the prison if his kid was still alive? Even with the knowledge of the upcoming war?

ZombieVirus

ZombieVirus

Infected

• Members
I do not think Morgan will return. I had hoped that when the series ended sometime in the future that they would have Rick once again running into Morgan and Duane. But unlike Rick and group, Morgan and Duane had not gone through bad times. But it did not turn out that way. Seems plenty of people who watch this show were kind of hoping that Morgan and Duane had survived much better then Rick and group. This episode was really well done. It seems when they hit the road the episodes are better.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

Would Morgan have wanted to go with Rick to the prison if his kid was still alive? Even with the knowledge of the upcoming war?

I honestly think it doesn't make sense for him to go back to the prison. Like someone said before he has survived for a yer by himself. Why get himself involved with a war? Morgan even notices that when he keeps asking Rick why he wants all the guns.

I'm not sure how to create a spoiler tag so ***SPOILERS AHEAD*"**

I'm thinking at the end of the season we will see the assault on the prison and rather than Carl and Rick running from house to house, like in the comics, we might see Rick and Carl head back to their home town with Morgan.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
As much as I loved seeing Morgan again (and as well written as this episode was), I think that they wrote themselves into a corner on this one. It seemed that Morgan was past the point of no return regarding his mental state, so unless they re-visit that topic, it would be hard to show Morgan as a functioning member of the group, now.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

As much as I loved seeing Morgan again (and as well written as this episode was), I think that they wrote themselves into a corner on this one. It seemed that Morgan was past the point of no return regarding his mental state, so unless they re-visit that topic, it would be hard to show Morgan as a functioning member of the group, now.

I gotta disagree with this... Morgan's in a bad place, but he hasn't had any connection with any human beings since Duane died. Rick seeing someone obviously more crazy than him almost seemed like it put his current situation in perspective. I feel like Morgan needs perspective. The only way he's going to get that is if he starts having interactions with human beings again.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I gotta disagree with this... Morgan's in a bad place, but he hasn't had any connection with any human beings since Duane died. Rick seeing someone obviously more crazy than him almost seemed like it put his current situation in perspective. I feel like Morgan needs perspective. The only way he's going to get that is if he starts having interactions with human beings again.

That is my point. Rick left him on his own, so it seems his continued isolation will only worsen his mental state.

I realize that the plot called for Morgan to only be in one episode (most likely the actors scheduling conflicts) but I also think that Rick did not try harder to bring Morgan back to the prison because he already has too much on his plate with Merle, the Guv, etc. and Morgan's instability could be another factor that could cause a fatal mistake.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!