What Ever Became Of Woodbury?

- - - - - Woodbury Army Prison Lilly

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members
What are your ideas on what happened to Woodbury and the surviving members of the Woodbury army like Lilly? Kirkman has stated in the past that the Prison is dead to him so I doubt we will ever find out but I still wonder what ever happened to that town.

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members
Well, since most if not all of the Woodbury citizens took part in the attack, I think its safe to say that most of them were killed/overrun. After they attacked the prison group and forced them to flee, the Woodbury group tried to take refuge in the cleared section of the prison before the zombies broke in. I'm pretty sure that they didn't make it. A small number of Woodbury citizens may have escaped, but I doubt that Woodbury or the prison are still safe havens.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
My guess is that Lilly and the others she was with died in the prison. They had no way out and ran out of bullets. I bet the town itself fell apart without the Governor's leadership and is probably overrun and no more.

It was recently announced that the third novel in the Governor trilogy, Fall of the Governor, will come out later this year. I've read that it will be about the Woodbury/prison battle from Woodbury's perspective (evidently Rick and Michonne are in the book). I hope it will follow up on what happened with Lilly and the other Woodbury survivors to finally give us a little closure with them.

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members

My guess is that Lilly and the others she was with died in the prison. They had no way out and ran out of bullets. I bet the town itself fell apart without the Governor's leadership and is probably overrun and no more.

It was recently announced that the third novel in the Governor trilogy, Fall of the Governor, will come out later this year. I've read that it will be about the Woodbury/prison battle from Woodbury's perspective (evidently Rick and Michonne are in the book). I hope it will follow up on what happened with Lilly and the other Woodbury survivors to finally give us a little closure with them.

Wow, I just read up on it. Should be a great read. I was not satisfied with the last novel but I loved 'Rise of The Governor'. Thanks for the info, man! I hope we find out more on what became of Woodbury and it's survivors.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania
I don't really see how it could be expected that any of them may still be around. It's entirely plausible for maybe a few stragglers to be roaming about, but is that something that readers would be invested in? Is it something that Kirkman would be interested in writing? From my understanding, the answer to both of those questions is 'no.'
I can't picture any more story to tell with anyone connected to Woodbury. The most I'd ever want on this level is maybe an interview where Kirkman alludes to some survivors making do for some time, only to inevitably die.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members

I don't really see how it could be expected that any of them may still be around. It's entirely plausible for maybe a few stragglers to be roaming about, but is that something that readers would be invested in? Is it something that Kirkman would be interested in writing? From my understanding, the answer to both of those questions is 'no.'
I can't picture any more story to tell with anyone connected to Woodbury. The most I'd ever want on this level is maybe an interview where Kirkman alludes to some survivors making do for some time, only to inevitably die.

Kirkman said the prison is dead to him and to the characters so yes, I doubt we'll ever hear from them again.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!