When Are They Going To Kill Carol Off?

carol death kill annoying

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Well, Frank Darabont has a new TV series starting on TNT called "Lost Angels" and Frank has favorite actors he uses over and over. Melissa was in "The Mist" and now TWD. Jon Bernthal (Shane) and Jeffrey Demunn (Dale) have already been cast in his new show. Also the check-out girl who meets a grisly death in "The Mist" has been cast as the female lead in his show. So maybe if Carol dies soon she can reappear on "Lost Angels". If that show makes it, there are rumors that Thomas Jane (The Mist) will be joining the cast of that show. Demunn has appeared in more Darabont productions than any actor. Demunn, McBride, and Holden all appeared in The Mist.

This almost sounds like it's tangentially connected with the Walking Dead. Like, Lost Angels is the afterlife for expired Walking Dead stars. Hahaha. :)

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

People are free to bring this topic up of course and that's fine. I just don't understand it.

I accept that everyone is marked for death on this show and that some characters will die sooner, some will die later. I'm indifferent to the fate of individual characters, even my favorites.

I just felt the need to say it and I did.

So there lol.

People like to speculate and predict. I think it is that simple.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

CrackFox

CrackFox

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEngland
I honestly think they didn't plan on Carol surviving as long as she has. They obviously like her character, but people must die from time to time (or so the writers say) and Carol is not one of the big characters. I don't even think her name appears in the main title sequence.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

I honestly think they didn't plan on Carol surviving as long as she has. They obviously like her character, but people must die from time to time (or so the writers say) and Carol is not one of the big characters. I don't even think her name appears in the main title sequence.

It doesn't. Funny you mention that because I just noticed this episode that it didn't. Also I don't know if you heard but originally it was Carol and not T-Dog that was supposed to die. Honestly I'm glad they kept her, she is my favorite woman character on the show right now, I hope they do decide to continue to develop her.

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
I'm crossing my fingers that they finally add MMB to the opening credits next season. There's gonna be more than enough open space, and.....of course you have to wonder why she and Scott have been credited for non-appearing episodes along with the main cast while Emily Kinney and everyone else haven't been.

General Ian Zane

General Ian Zane

Roamer

• Members
From what I've seen so far, she does laundry like a mofo.

No, but seriously, she happens to be one of my favorite characters because she isn't a comic sketch. She is real. But she needs more of a purpose to stay sane. And for many viewers, she needs a 2 d utilitarian angle to analyzerbate over.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
I really want her to stick around. Her relationships with Rick and Daryl are my favorite on the show. Melissa McBride completely deserves to be added to the main cast, so if she survives the season I really hope that happens.

Her character is drastically different than in the comics and it's obvious she won't have the same fate as her comic counterpart, so I'm hoping they have plans for her. Mazarra (I think it was him) did say that Carol has a storyline coming up, and how much of a storyline could someone have in just 3 episodes, so I'm hoping he's hinting at their plans for her in season 4. Though he won't be showrunner next season, so maybe his ideas are entirely scratched.

I'm just really pulling for her character to survive. Her death among the main characters would be too predictable IMO.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

I really want her to stick around. Her relationships with Rick and Daryl are my favorite on the show. Melissa McBride completely deserves to be added to the main cast, so if she survives the season I really hope that happens.

Her character is drastically different than in the comics and it's obvious she won't have the same fate as her comic counterpart, so I'm hoping they have plans for her. Mazarra (I think it was him) did say that Carol has a storyline coming up, and how much of a storyline could someone have in just 3 episodes, so I'm hoping he's hinting at their plans for her in season 4. Though he won't be showrunner next season, so maybe his ideas are entirely scratched.

I'm just really pulling for her character to survive. Her death among the main characters would be too predictable IMO.

I think if 1 main cast dies then carol should be next in line to be main cast. Its been 3 seasons. Why is Merle on main cast anyway. I think if 1 major cast dies or two then Scott and Melissa will be added to main cast list. Unless one of them dies then it'll be Scott and Emily or Melissa and Emily.

Oh and I forgot that Lori (Sarah) is still on the main cast list. So say Sarah gets taken off, Merle dies and the gov dies. Then Melissa, Emily, and Scott should have a main cast upgrade unless one of them dies before seasons end

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

It doesn't. Funny you mention that because I just noticed this episode that it didn't. Also I don't know if you heard but originally it was Carol and not T-Dog that was supposed to die. Honestly I'm glad they kept her, she is my favorite woman character on the show right now, I hope they do decide to continue to develop her.

I thought it was that they were both supposed to die, but since Carol's death would have made T-Dog's death pretty meaningless, they changed it. Regardless, she is my favorite female character, and I want her to stick around. I agree that Melissa McBride (and Scott Wilson) should be bumped up to main cast, if they survive this season. These two characters (along with Glenn) really make the group truly feel like a family.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

I thought it was that they were both supposed to die, but since Carol's death would have made T-Dog's death pretty meaningless, they changed it. Regardless, she is my favorite female character, and I want her to stick around. I agree that Melissa McBride (and Scott Wilson) should be bumped up to main cast, if they survive this season. These two characters (along with Glenn) really make the group truly feel like a family.

Really? I could have sworn in a podcast one of the executive producers said at the final hour they changed it so T-Dog died instead of Carol. Either way I'm glad they changed it because T-Dog, Carol and Lori dying all in one episode would have been too crazy imo.

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Really? I could have sworn in a podcast one of the executive producers said at the final hour they changed it so T-Dog died instead of Carol. Either way I'm glad they changed it because T-Dog, Carol and Lori dying all in one episode would have been too crazy imo.

If you find the source, let me know. I'm not positive, myself.

There is a pic floating around of a zombie approaching Carol after she goes through those doors, but I don't know if they cut that part because she was bitten in that scene, or what. It would certainly explain how clunky that story ended up being, if they changed it after it was filmed, but who knows. Regardless, I can't imagine T-Dog's death was too last minute, since they had to make a head cast of him for the scene. I guess we'll have to wait for the DVD - maybe they will show the deleted Carol scene then. :srug:

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

There is a pic floating around of a zombie approaching Carol after she goes through those doors, but I don't know if they cut that part because she was bitten in that scene, or what. It would certainly explain how clunky that story ended up being, if they changed it after it was filmed, but who knows. Regardless, I can't imagine T-Dog's death was too last minute, since they had to make a head cast of him for the scene. I guess we'll have to wait for the DVD - maybe they will show the deleted Carol scene then. :srug:

I too, originally thought both were supposed to be killed off but this article stated that they changed it from Carol to T-Dog.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

I saw the picture of carol. She has her hat thingy on and is backed up or backing up and a zombie is lunging at her. I'm not sure where the pic is but it does exist so your not crazy. Haha

AlleghenyILS

AlleghenyILS

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPittsburgh

I saw the picture of carol. She has her hat thingy on and is backed up or backing up and a zombie is lunging at her. I'm not sure where the pic is but it does exist so your not crazy. Haha

If it wasn't a picture of Carol shooting Andrea in the head then it isn't worthy. Oh wait did I just admit that to everyone? :o

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

If it wasn't a picture of Carol shooting Andrea in the head then it isn't worthy. Oh wait did I just admit that to everyone? :o

Oh no, I was just saying how I cant wait to hear your opinions and stuff. And you don't like Andrea . NOOOOOOOO. Haha its okay I still like you but I'm on the I likeAndrea train. Be careful what you say about her there's a lot of people who like andrea along with me :)

However everyones very respectful of others opinions on here so no worrying about an attack Haha.

AlleghenyILS

AlleghenyILS

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPittsburgh

Oh no, I was just saying how I cant wait to hear your opinions and stuff. And you don't like Andrea . NOOOOOOOO. Haha its okay I still like you but I'm on the I likeAndrea train. Be careful what you say about her there's a lot of people who like andrea along with me :)

However everyones very respectful of others opinions on here so no worrying about an attack Haha.

Hahaha its all good! If she wasn't so bitchy, emotional and indecisive I would like her more. I think recently when she realized how missed up the Gov really is. When she was contemplating killing him and constantly re-assessing the situation her character became much more interesting and enjoyable for me at least.

DarylIsHott

DarylIsHott

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationTexas
I never really cared for Carol before but she has actually grown on me so I`m hoping she won`t be killed any time soon.

scotcat

scotcat

Infected

• Members
It's hard to tell when anyone is going to be killed off. there are distinct differences between the tv show and the comics, so I'd say all bets are off. Those of us who have read the comics know what happens to Carol, but the circumstances the character is in on the tv show are different to the comic - e.g. Tyrese, Sophia, Rick and Lori's marriage.

If I had to guess, I'd say Carol may still be with us at the start of season 4, but she will die sometime during it.

JMK1975

JMK1975

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationHouston, Texas
I put my money that she dies in the finale. From the opinions of most in here I'm losing my money. Sad.

CalamityJayne942

CalamityJayne942

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNY
She went from cowering, blubbering uselessness (beat down, so I get it) to suggesting Andrea sleep with the Gov and then stick 'em. I'd say she has grown and developed into someone the group needs. She is cautious, thinks things through and makes choices that may be beneficial. It was her idea to use a Walker to practice the c-section so she could help Lori (too bad it was all for naught...), and when Glenn was going to kill the Walker for her, she said no and did it herself.

I also like the relationship between her and Daryl. They are very cute when they interact; she brings out the best in him (please, please, please do not turn it into a romance...!). I agree - she has huge potential.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!