Who Got The Most Brutal Death?

- - - - - death comics

ButtonsTheHorse

ButtonsTheHorse

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOnett, Eagleland

Even worse when you realize that Hershel kept telling Billy to keep his helmet on

This part always gets me. Hershel keeps telling Billy to wear his helmet, and Billy dies because he wasn't wearing the damn helmet. Always makes me feel saddened whenever I think about it :|
"There's nothing worse than unexpected lava" ~ pokecapn

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
Rachel and Susie have a pretty gruesome death. Heads practically chopped off by a physco and who knows what he did before that. Could of abused them in any way. Sickening.

Glenn's death is definitely up there also. His head crushed in and Negan continuing to smash his head in. Classy guy he is.

Spencer too I mean his guts came out of the dudes stomach and for him to plop his dead body on the ground to lay on them. Makes me wonder why he never turned?

And last but not least are the hunters and the 3 men who held rick Abe and Carl up. Rick definitely at this point was at his most savage state of mind and cut up the 3 guys to pieces, and for the hunters killed them one by one why the others watched.

A Song For Lucille

A Song For Lucille

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationChicagoland

And last but not least are the hunters and the 3 men who held rick Abe and Carl up. Rick definitely at this point was at his most savage state of mind and cut up the 3 guys to pieces, and for the hunters killed them one by one why the others watched.

I think whatever Rick did to the guy who tried to rape Carl might've been the most brutal. So brutal, it wasn't shown on-panel. Same with the Hunters.
Survivors: We. Don't. Die.
Saviors: We. Don't. Rape.

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members
It was Glenn for me. He had been through so much over the duration of the comic and was so close to safety with his family, only to be lined up like an animal and have your head smashed in in front of your family and friends. He also died because Rick chose to fight the Saviors and Glenn wanted no part of it and yet he is the one to die because of Rick's actions.

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
Glenn for me. The fact that he was so brutally messed up yet still remained conscious to call out Maggies name.. Ouch. Not only that but everyone was forced to sit by and watch it happen. Just, ouch.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

I didnt think it was the saddest...but....Glenn's death was just.....unpleasant.

A gunshot wouldv'e been somewhat humane, but instead he gets his skull split open.

It was just nothing humane or peaceful about his death.

The saddest for me atleast, was Abe's,

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
Glenn I reckon. He had his head smashed in repeatedly. Extremely GOTY in front of his friends and family.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

FatherGabriel

FatherGabriel

S-mart Employee

• Members
most brutal is hard because there all brutal IMO but if were talking saddest death i would have to say when hershel had to watch as every person (besides maggie) that he cared about get there brains shot out by Woodbury and then once he realized his son had died and he got on his knees and begged to be killed.... damn i literally started tearing up at that scene especially because hershel had become pretty much my favorite character at that point and he still is today.

shear brutality: glenn comes to mind right away but some others would be lori, jessie, ron, martinez, there are probably more i just cant think of them right now
"what would jesus do? "

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
Jessie's was messed up. It seems to be overlooked a lot because her and Ron were very underdeveloped characters. I never really believed Rick cared about her and Kirkman should've developed her more before killing her off (imagine how much more messed up it would be if it was Maggie and Sophia instead? I'm not saying it should've happened but dang).

Jessie saw her son getting devoured and like any parent, refused to leave him behind. She then began to get devoured and had to watch the man she loved chop off her hand before leaving her behind

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia

Jessie's was messed up. It seems to be overlooked a lot because her and Ron were very underdeveloped characters. I never really believed Rick cared about her and Kirkman should've developed her more before killing her off (imagine how much more messed up it would be if it was Maggie and Sophia instead? I'm not saying it should've happened but dang).

Jessie saw her son getting devoured and like any parent, refused to leave him behind. She then began to get devoured and had to watch the man she loved chop off her hand before leaving her behind

That was a sign of how far rick would go to keep Carl alive. And yes that was very brutal.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

That was a sign of how far rick would go to keep Carl alive. And yes that was very brutal.

is it as brutal as getting your head bashed in in front of your wife and best friends? I say no , Glens death was the most brutal death shown in the comics so far. The number of panels it took to depict it alone is enough not to mention the graphic detail that was shown.
No other death has had so much detail shown and the randomness of it made it even worse.
You could argue that Glen was the most innocent one of the group making his death hit home like no other.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I wasn't saying Jessie did have the most brutal death. I even acknowledged Glenn on page one. I was just throwing some of the other brutal deaths out there

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Hmmm...this is a tough one, but I'd have to say my top 10 would be

1. Glenn
2. Tyreese
3. Rachel & Susie
4. Lori/Judith
5. The Hunters
6. Morgan
7. Abe
8. Bruce (from ASZ - remember when he was bit and Abe just straight up bashed his skull in after he was bit? Negan wasn't the first skull basher!)
9. Martinez
10. Jessie/Ron

Honorable mentions: Hershel, Dale, Alice, Carol, Spencer (just for the meme)

Matt G

Matt G

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Id say Hershels daughters or Glenn. It was just shocking and that panel was rough. Turned zombie heads of kids

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room

Id say Hershels daughters or Glenn. It was just shocking and that panel was rough. Turned zombie heads of kids

Yup I'd say it's a tie

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413

it was just so unexpected. That was the first time in the comic to see something so fucked

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia

is it as brutal as getting your head bashed in in front of your wife and best friends? I say no , Glens death was the most brutal death shown in the comics so far. The number of panels it took to depict it alone is enough not to mention the graphic detail that was shown.
No other death has had so much detail shown and the randomness of it made it even worse.
You could argue that Glen was the most innocent one of the group making his death hit home like no other.

Hence my first post in the thread.
Also regarding my first post, I think it was meant to say GORY... I think.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
Rick's horse

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
Jessie& ron, judith, glenn suzie & rachel(thomas' knife was small so the beheading would sucked compared to tyreese's beheading), the good twin, the hunters was supposed horrific but well deserved. For me the most gruesome aspect of the whole story was michonnes torture of the gov, the nails being ripped out and the anal spoonage were awful, the nails were too much for me to see.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

Mary Mayhem

Mary Mayhem

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
Most brutal death?
Spoiler
without the shadow of a doubt.

And how that person was killed disturbed me so bad... I hate stuff that includes
Spoiler

I can deal with it being done to zombies - probably pertaining to the fact that they're... y'know... already dead...

...But when it was done to this character... it was so graphic :( and I didn't expect it at all... and it lasted so long... like, what, 4 pages long? That's what it felt like, at least... I don't know... I remember watching Braveheart when I was younger and there was a part in the movie where Mel Gibson's character did that to someone... and I was forever traumatized. I just can't' watch that stuff.

Like tonight i'm watching the original Day of the Dead with my fiance while we eat dinner right... no big deal to either of us... mind you it's the end, and guess what....
Spoiler

And my fiance and I are just sitting there eating olive garden with no problem as i'm explaining the parts of the movie he missed... lol... so yeah... i'm not easily bothered but when something bothers me, it really bothers me -_-

all_hail_the_saviors

all_hail_the_saviors

S-mart Employee

• Members
Not sure if you guys remember this scene, but back in the prison when they went to the national guard station, they stopped by a Walmart. Some Woodbury ppl came along, Bruce among them. I remember michonne popped out of nowhere and cut off this dude's arms and swiftly beheaded him. Not the most brutal, but its definitely an honorable mention.

wasp

wasp

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBay Area CA
For me its:

1: Glenn. He was alive through most of the beating. May not have felt much after the first few blows, but can imagine being hit so hard your eye pops out must sting like the B.

2:Rachel and Suzie: Watching you sister being beheaded with a chefs knife and then have it done to you, the sheer terror must have been painful.

3: Billy: Brother cutting open your stomach and probably bleeding out. Unless he passed out and went into shock, he felt it until he died.

4: Jesse and Ron: One Eaten alive, the other eating alive after having her hand cut off with a hatchet. And you can see Jesse had part of her face eaten, she died of either shock, or blood loss.

5: I am sure the hunters spent their last few moments in severe pain. Having to watch while 5 or so others are done first would suck.

6: Lacey was disemboweled before she died.

7: Tyreese Felt everything until his spinal cord was severed.

8: Spencer probably died slow.
This is a Lying Cat, and Lying Cats always play by the rules...At least they're supposed to.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football
Carol. Think about it.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

josh is a walker

josh is a walker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCambridgeshrie, UK
1. Glenn.

2. billy. (young billy, not hershel's son) yes its fairly brutal, but the way ben is just so innocent about it is really what makes it so shocking.

3. spencer. *wipes tear from eye* oh spencer, you poor, stupid fool.

4. the guy who tried to rape carl: rick became an animal. that was the one scene in the series where he truly lost his humanity. very powerful scene/death, even though it isnt directly shown.

5. jessie and ron: scared, slow, helpless and then handless.

Bored? Got nothing better to do? Have a nose through my Autograph Collection:
https://www.facebook...raphadventures/

Marsllama

Marsllama

Infected

• Members
I have a feeling that however bad Glenn's death was, what Rick, Abraham, Michonne and Andrea did to the hunters was worse. That's why it wasn't shown on-panel.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!