Who Got The Most Brutal Death?

- - - - - death comics

one_eyed_carl

one_eyed_carl

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNot in the house
I was wondering who you all thought got the most brutal death. To me its gotta be Glenn in 100. I mean after the first whack, his eye, and trying to mutter "Maggie." It was all so unneccesary too. In the way that most characters get bitten, or end up sacrifcing themselves in some way. Glenn just got it due to einie, meinie, miny, mo.

But when I think back to the governor, he got it pretty bad too. All the Michonne did to him, to recover, then get shotgunned to the head and eaten. And Dale got partly eaten as "TAINTED MEAT."

Im sure Im missing some deaths, but Glenns really stood out to me as the worse...maybe Im biased cause I liked his character and did not see it coming at all

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
Billy, it was off panel but just looked/seemed so brutal.

Or Jessie , that made my jaw drop when Rick hacked her hand (somewhat) off

“Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413

Billy, it was off panel but just looked/seemed so brutal.

yeah watching her son get bitten than your "man" chops your hand off to save his own ass and sons. Kinda fucked if you ask me, but id do it >:)

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
I would say the deaths of Jessie and Ron were the two most brutal deaths.

Billy did have a gruesome death, but he died instantly. If it were me, I'd take his death over Jessie/Ron's death any day.

Jessie and Ron were literally ripped apart from limb to limb, and for Jessie to die knowing that her son had the exact same fate as her had to be the worst feeling in the world.

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members
Glen's death really takes the cake on this question! I still can't get over the way he tried to call out to Maggie :(... Jessie comes in a close 2nd. Tyreese's death really stuck with me as well. Though I didn't like Lori that much, but her and Judy dying was pivotal to the series. Ahhhh!! I can't decide! So many horrible deaths!!

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
Thomas was pretty gruesome but he deserved worst, and for rachel and susie was pretty bad

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

I would say the deaths of Jessie and Ron were the two most brutal deaths.

Billy did have a gruesome death, but he died instantly. If it were me, I'd take his death over Jessie/Ron's death any day.

Jessie and Ron were literally ripped apart from limb to limb, and for Jessie to die knowing that her son had the exact same fate as her had to be the worst feeling in the world.

Did he die instantly ? Ben basically stabbed him to death. He disected Billy, He didn't touch his head.
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

Did he die instantly ? Ben basically stabbed him to death. He disected Billy, He didn't touch his head.

Oh I thought you were talking about Billy from the prison. Completely forgot about Billy the twin.

Yes that is an awful death, especially having it come from your twin brother.

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
Haha easy mistake in the walking dead mixing up names. The prison deaths minus tyreese were somewhat quick and painless. A lot of headshots.

Yeah seriously! He had to have had his hand over his mouth to keep him quiet too, just awful.
Another bad one is hershels twin girls, watching your twin sister get decapitated and knowing you're next. Yeeeeesh!

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
Yeah and seeing the greene twins like that was heart breaking

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members
Glenn is number one for sure. However, Martinez comes to mind when I think about the way he died. He's escaping back to Woodbury and thinks he's in the clear when Rick comes in and runs over him with the RV mangling him. Only to get strangled to death and have his head severed and put on display forever in The Governor's fish tank display of heads. I mean, he did deserve to die for betraying Rick's group...but after reading more about him via the novels it really got to me.

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

I agree with the Jessie part. She didn't get the chance to develop enough for the audience to mourn her loss like they did Glenn, so people usually think of Glenn as "the most brutal death". But regardless of how attached or unattached the audience was to Jessie, that was a gnarly way to go out.

http://www.ReadTheWalkingDead.com

For Collectors, By Collectors.

CarlsRightEye

CarlsRightEye

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVancouver
I thought Tyreese' was pretty brutal... I mean, sitting helplessly while all your friends and people you care about watch a psycho attempt to hack your neck with a katana. That took a few hacks, i mean... he had to feel some of that right?
"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" – Bran Stark
"That is the only time a man can be brave." – Eddard Stark

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413

I thought Tyreese' was pretty brutal... I mean, sitting helplessly while all your friends and people you care about watch a psycho attempt to hack your neck with a katana. That took a few hacks, i mean... he had to feel some of that right?

and the gov used his girls signature weapon to kill him

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
Billy getting wasted by another 9 year old = sweet

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Billy getting wasted by another 9 year old = sweet

That shit made my jaw drop. Gnarly and memorable scene.

http://www.ReadTheWalkingDead.com

For Collectors, By Collectors.

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
Morgans death was pretty brutal too. Gets bit than gets his arm chopped off.

nindza77

nindza77

Infected

• Members
All of deaths without headshot were brutal. Deal with it.

one_eyed_carl

one_eyed_carl

Infected

• Members

All of deaths without headshot were brutal. Deal with it.

What do you mean "deal with it?" I have no issues with the brutality in the comics, just a simple question of which one people deemed to be the most brutal to them. Thanks for the great input though :zombiethumbsup:

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

one_eyed_carl

one_eyed_carl

Infected

• Members

hathawa

hathawa

Infected

• Members
I would say tyresse. He got captures and beaten by the woodbury soldiers. Then got his head choped off. It was more brutal than the usaual beheading becase the gov only had one arm so it took about 12 hacks. plus it happend right infront of the group and the deed was done with his girls sword

Glenn Rhee

Glenn Rhee

Infected

• Members
  • LocationHilltop Colony
Even though what they did, I would say the most brutal death was the Hunters, considering there was so many of them. A close second would be Ron and Jessie's deaths. And as for third, I'll let you take a wild guess.

Canon_108

Canon_108

Lurker

• Members
1. Lori and Judith: The Grimes family making a break for it, when Lori and Judith are mowed down. Rick can't go back to be with his dying wife without risking Carl so he leaves her and runs directly into a herd.

2. Glenn: Being dragged out of the lineup at random and beated to death in front of his wife...I'm still kind of split between this and the first one.

3. Dale: Getting bit, then eaten alive, and finally shot.

4. Tyrese: Getting beaten and decapitated infront of his people.

5. Morgan: Getting bit, then loses an arm, and finally brained

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
I know this isn't the "saddest death" thread and even though I think Glenn or Lori/Judith takes the cake on that one, I think Billy Greene's was pretty tragic.

His father was running along with him when he got shot in the head. Hershel must've dragged him for another fifty feet before he realized he was dragging his corpse. Even worse when you realize that Hershel kept telling Billy to keep his helmet on

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!