Carol-Sleeper Assassin

carol assassin guv andrea

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members

Pure coincidence. With all the horrible writing season 3 has suffered from, I truly, highly doubt that these writers are smart enough to draw that kind of parrallel.

This.

On the subject. I was pleasantly surprised. It makes me think that perhaps once Carol was as fierce and confident as she is now and Ed was just holding her back instead of her always being a meek woman. A meek woman, even one finding confidence, wouldn't say something like that. Regardless, it just made me more curious to learn about Carol and really glad she didn't get killed off.

Zen_Master

Zen_Master

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia
Carol is definitely a pragmatic and hardened survivor now, and seems willing to do what it takes for the group. go Carol!

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Just haf a horrible thought. What if Ed was still around?

Ed wouldn't have made it much longer. He's a coward as any man is who beats a woman. I'm sure Carol thought about killing him but didn't want to get arrested and taken away from her daughter. Now in this world, you can kill without concequence.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Ed wouldn't have made it much longer. He's a coward as any man is who beats a woman. I'm sure Carol thought about killing him but didn't want to get arrested and taken away from her daughter. Now in this world, you can kill without concequence.

Without legal consequence. ;)

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers

Without legal consequence. ;)

Very true. We've seen a couple of our characters dealing with the emotional consequences, and obviously, it was probably part of what made Andrea unable to take Carol's advice.

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas

This comes via the Walking Dead Wiki......very interesting

â– The usage of the name 'Judith' immediately before Carol suggests Andrea sleep with The Governor and afterwards kill him may be a reference to the apocryphal Book of Judith. In this story, a young woman named Judith gains the confidence of an enemy general and murders him in his sleep, in parallel to what Carol suggests to Andrea.

I think that is very, very interesting. Don't forget; the Bible is the most alluded to book in Western Literature. The writers probably did not do this by accident. Good catch and +1 from me. :)
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Very true. We've seen a couple of our characters dealing with the emotional consequences, and obviously, it was probably part of what made Andrea unable to take Carol's advice.

Not to mention the fact that the freedom to kill goes both ways, now that there is no justice system to speak of. If you kill a person, other people may, in turn, kill you. Fans of Fallout know this as "Wasteland Justice".

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Not to mention the fact that the freedom to kill goes both ways, now that there is no justice system to speak of. If you kill a person, other people may, in turn, kill you. Fans of Fallout know this as "Wasteland Justice".

Yeah. It makes you wonder how you would really make it were it you in this Wasteland.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Yeah. It makes you wonder how you would really make it were it you in this Wasteland.

Me personally? I see myself getting killed quickly, either out of my habit to want to trust people, or, as a terrible decision maker, I would die through my own stupidity. Haha ;)

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Me personally? I see myself getting killed quickly, either out of my habit to want to trust people, or, as a terrible decision maker, I would die through my own stupidity. Haha ;)

I think in the initial confusion a lot people will die thinking they should help others. I've always been somewhat skeptical of everything so I'd like to think I may make it further along. Tell you what, in case of a ZA come find me and we'll help each other. You'll be the trusting one and I'll be the non-trusting gal. Teamwork!

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

I think in the initial confusion a lot people will die thinking they should help others. I've always been somewhat skeptical of everything so I'd like to think I may make it further along. Tell you what, in case of a ZA come find me and we'll help each other. You'll be the trusting one and I'll be the non-trusting gal. Teamwork!

As long as we don't take to Andrea/Michonne levels, this sounds like a great plan to me! :D

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas

I have a bad habit of trusting people too. I am getting better, though. Just never, ever let me go to a car dealership by myself....
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

As long as we don't take to Andrea/Michonne levels, this sounds like a great plan to me! :D

Ah man! And I have a katana hanging on my wall. It's pretty with purple wrapping on the hilt. Sad Face.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

I have a bad habit of trusting people too. I am getting better, though. Just never, ever let me go to a car dealership by myself....

I think cars are the one area I am very untrustworthy in. I instinctively assume I am being lied to (or, at least, the truth is being embellished) when talking to a mechanic or car salesman.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Ah man! And I have a katana hanging on my wall. It's pretty with purple wrapping on the hilt. Sad Face.

Fine. We will do it your way, BUT, if we find ourselves in some "safe haven" and you are having second thoughts, you let me know why, ok? Hahaha

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
Lol, sleeper assassin. Episode 10, "We're not assassins!"

WalkMeDead

WalkMeDead

S-mart Employee

• Members
Instead of killing him in his sleep after one of the best nights of his life, Andrea could hook up with Walter White to ask for the poison he has cooked to put in his tea...

StrollingDead

StrollingDead

Roamer

• Members

I think that is very, very interesting. Don't forget; the Bible is the most alluded to book in Western Literature. The writers probably did not do this by accident. Good catch and +1 from me. :)

And don't forget, in Season 2 we were shown Carol as being religious- something you think you'd see a lot more of down in Georgia.

And in the Biblical line, I don't believe Merle's remark about how he knew that quote from reading the Bible in Woodbury. That kind of easy reference comes from long study- or having it pounded into you at an early age.

Then again, it just occurred to me that he might have vaguely remembered the reference, then looked it up and memorized it because of its pertinence.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

And don't forget, in Season 2 we were shown Carol as being religious- something you think you'd see a lot more of down in Georgia.

And in the Biblical line, I don't believe Merle's remark about how he knew that quote from reading the Bible in Woodbury. That kind of easy reference comes from long study- or having it pounded into you at an early age.

Then again, it just occurred to me that he might have vaguely remembered the reference, then looked it up and memorized it because of its pertinence.

I like discovering that Merle can quote the Bible. And I think you're right that his being able to reference it means he grew up with it probably.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Fine. We will do it your way, BUT, if we find ourselves in some "safe haven" and you are having second thoughts, you let me know why, ok? Hahaha

Don't worry, I'll tell you. Unlike Michonne, I talk too much. :blush2:

TangoJ

TangoJ

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNortheast Texas

Don't worry, I'll tell you. Unlike Michonne, I talk too much. :blush2:

You two are now my favorite hypothetical TWD characters. ;)
"Yeah, well, it could be a flower."

ItsAZombieAddiction

ItsAZombieAddiction

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSouthern California

Carol has definitely thought about doing that to Ed more than a few times...

Said it perfectly :zombiethumbsup:
528349 105996226240086 1678576538 N

BigEd

BigEd

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMassachusetts

I like discovering that Merle can quote the Bible. And I think you're right that his being able to reference it means he grew up with it probably.

He may have also had plenty of time to read it while in jail.

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA

He won't be for long. Carol has plans to give him the night of his life and then kill him while he sleeps.

Zombie love with Ed? Yew. And VERY dangerous!

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

Lol, sleeper assassin. Episode 10, "We're not assassins!"

Very observant of you to pick up on that. I sure didn't. I find it interesting she suggested it to andrea . Especially after stopping Glenn and michonne from doing it. However I'm blaming it on the dumb writers.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!