Carol-Sleeper Assassin

carol assassin guv andrea

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
I have to say I was a little shocked at Carol's suggestion to Andrea about how to end this conflict. She was really cool and calculating when she told Andrea to sleep with the Guv and give him the best night of his life. Then when his guard was down, kill him and end this. I didn't know whether to applaud her to cringe so I did both. Lead me to believe Carol has devised this plan before. Any thoughts?
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

GrnXombi

GrnXombi

Infected

• Members
Survival of the fittest. Carol has hardened since the last few season. I'm sure she is just thinking about what's best for her "family"

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas
I imagine she thought about it a lot with Ed but lacked the courage to follow through. I believe that Carol would have the courage now and Carol believes that Andrea has the courage to do it. Unfortunately, Andrea doesn't have the will.
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

Aghh

Aghh

Infected

• Members
Carol's solution would be perfect, but Andrea doesn't have the conviction and courage to do it.

At Risk

At Risk

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn a near-constant state of confusion

I imagine she thought about it a lot with Ed but lacked the courage to follow through. I believe that Carol would have the courage now and Carol believes that Andrea has the courage to do it. Unfortunately, Andrea doesn't have the will.

I thought the same. If Ed really was getting to the point of looking at Sophia in perverted way, Carol may have begun starting to form her own desperate plans - even if she never had intentions of carrying them out. Who knows? I loved her for it, though! Carol started out as one of my least favorites, but has been climbing up the list ever since the beginning. I think she's grown so much since we first saw her.

Hope that doesn't mean that she's next to die. :(

TheDalkingWead

TheDalkingWead

S-mart Employee

• Members
I burst out laughing when she said it because it was so unexpected. Go Carol!

Daisy

Daisy

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationMount Doom
Good to hear it was unexpected, because it puzzled me quite a bit. Admittedly I've been really busy and watched the last episode but missed the 2 before and need to catch up ASAP. I thought Carol had some sort of development and the episodes I missed, but reading the comments it doesn't seem the case.

Back to the idea, it was brilliant actually. It makes you think if it's something she ever thought about, since we know in what kind of relationship she used to be in. I love the thread title btw ;)
I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on.

tommysoprano

tommysoprano

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Jersey

I have to say I was a little shocked at Carol's suggestion to Andrea about how to end this conflict. She was really cool and calculating when she told Andrea to sleep with the Guv and give him the best night of his life. Then when his guard was down, kill him and end this. I didn't know whether to applaud her to cringe so I did both. Lead me to believe Carol has devised this plan before. Any thoughts?

I know someone had to say that to Andrea to continue the story, and since no one other than Carol seemed to even be a little happy to see Andrea, I understand why Carol said it! That being said.....it seemed a bit out of character and forced for her to say such a thing? Just my opinion! Not that I thought it was a deal breaker for me to like the episode, because I enjoyed it very much, but just seemed a bit out of place?

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members
  • LocationReleased early for good behavior...
I wasn't shocked that she suggested it to be perfectly honest, though I wouldn't see the need for giving him "the best night of his life". Just wait 'til he's sleeping, and give him the ol' Fallout "Mr Sandman" treatment.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Good to hear it was unexpected, because it puzzled me quite a bit. Admittedly I've been really busy and watched the last episode but missed the 2 before and need to catch up ASAP. I thought Carol had some sort of development and the episodes I missed, but reading the comments it doesn't seem the case.

Back to the idea, it was brilliant actually. It makes you think if it's something she ever thought about, since we know in what kind of relationship she used to be in. I love the thread title btw ;)

In the two prior episodes, I don't think you can say Carol got any character development but she did spend some time with Axel who told her that she was an amazing woman, something Carol didn't hear too often before. I think that was something she needed. Well I won't go into too much detail, don't want to spoil it for you.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah

I wasn't shocked that she suggested it to be perfectly honest, though I wouldn't see the need for giving him "the best night of his life". Just wait 'til he's sleeping, and give him the ol' Fallout "Mr Sandman" treatment.

I take it you haven' had "the best night of your life" happen yet. My woman if she puts her mind to it can wear me out something fierce and I'm dead to the world (then again, so is she heh), beyond that I sleep very lightly, literally. My gf said she was watching me sleep one evening and she reached out and barely touched me and I woke up.
It didn't surprise me none that Carol made that suggestion. As At Risk said, being with Ed would've had her entertaining such ideas.
Andrea at that moment was seriously scared for herself. It would've been cold-blooded murder and that changes you.
There's also the fall out. Who is to say any one of the other (original) tough guys wouldn't have just taken over after Andrea killed Phillip. Likely they'd kill her as well when they find out what she done. That's something you can't hide or lie your way through.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

You get nerd cred for referencing Fallout.

Narren

Narren

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver there

You get nerd cred for referencing Fallout.

Is there anywhere that we can cash that in? I've got a ton of it laying around, but no one seems to take it.

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members
Carol has definitely thought about doing that to Ed more than a few times...

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

When she laid the plan out for Andrea, I was like, "Damn, Carol, you're vicious." My brother immediately called out that due to her marriage, she probably ran through that exact scenario hundreds of nights as she lied in bed, sad and miserable. To me, that's why the plan seemed to come so easy to her: she had planned it out many, many times before. Keeping this in mind and re-watching that scene, she almost seems giddy to suggest it.

wyrd

wyrd

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationSevilla
That was one of the greatest scene in the whole season, actually all three seasons. And a great idea too!

Carol is a great character. That's why I have a bad feeling about her... :mikemani:
Make love not war!

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
This comes via the Walking Dead Wiki......very interesting

■The usage of the name 'Judith' immediately before Carol suggests Andrea sleep with The Governor and afterwards kill him may be a reference to the apocryphal Book of Judith. In this story, a young woman named Judith gains the confidence of an enemy general and murders him in his sleep, in parallel to what Carol suggests to Andrea.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

■The usage of the name 'Judith' immediately before Carol suggests Andrea sleep with The Governor and afterwards kill him may be a reference to the apocryphal Book of Judith. In this story, a young woman named Judith gains the confidence of an enemy general and murders him in his sleep, in parallel to what Carol suggests to Andrea.

That is an interesting find. I appreciate you sharing it. :)

wyrd

wyrd

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationSevilla

That's a nice thing to notice, +1 from me! I wonder if the writers thought about that or it is just a coincidence (after all, the name Judith comes from the comics)...!
Make love not war!

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

That's a nice thing to notice, +1 from me! I wonder if the writers thought about that or it is just a coincidence (after all, the name Judith comes from the comics)...!

Pure coincidence. With all the horrible writing season 3 has suffered from, I truly, highly doubt that these writers are smart enough to draw that kind of parrallel.

Blasko_Z

Blasko_Z

Biter

• Members

Pure coincidence. With all the horrible writing season 3 has suffered from, I truly, highly doubt that these writers are smart enough to draw that kind of parrallel.

I don't know. When it comes to references, even the worst professional character writers have surprised me. I am fully willing to believe either choice, but I will give the writers the benefit of the doubt and say it was intentional.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

I completely agree, the conversation her and Andrea had really proved how much character growth carol has had. Season one or two carol would have never suggested that to Andrea, especially with Ed around

Kind of unrelated but I really like Carol this season, especially considering how she was in season 2. She was one of my least favorites that season. I think with the new role shes taken on her actress has had some of the best scenes/dialogue . I'm glad she stayed around to do so, hope she sticks around

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
I've been reading the comics and I just read what happened to comic book Carol. I like TV Carol so much better

Dr. Zed

Dr. Zed

Infected

• Members
Just haf a horrible thought. What if Ed was still around?

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
He won't be for long. Carol has plans to give him the night of his life and then kill him while he sleeps.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!