The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 11 - I Ain’T A Judas - Review

rick the governor daryl merle andrea the prison woodbury the walking dead season 3

The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 11 "I Ain't a Judas" (204 )

What did you think of the show?

1. Excellent (68 [33.33%] - )

33.33%

2. Good - Some Critiques (87 [42.65%] - )

42.65%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (41 [20.10%] - )

20.10%

4. Poor (8 [3.92%] - )

3.92%

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

The Woodbury residents are the most terrible background/recurring characters/actors ever...

I'm so sick of them. Don't give characters lines or screen time without giving them proper development and background. Otherwise you're wasting your audience's time. Like, a throw away line here or there is fine. But where the hell did Karen even pop up from? First half of season 3: no Karen to be seen. But suddenly she's Queen Woodbury and is everywhere, wth? Who is she and why is she sporadically in every episode?

Noah, are you suddenly in a survivalist scenario, yet you have asthma? Guess what? I don't care because I have no idea who you are and unless your name is Shannon and you're a character on Lost, you storyline is a waste of time.

I can't WAIT for this season to be over. I've never said this about another show, ever. I usually want my shows to go on forever. But there's very little I like about this season, and way to many things I hate about it.

Treboruk

Treboruk

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

I'm so sick of them. Don't give characters lines or screen time without giving them proper development and background. Otherwise you're wasting your audience's time. Like, a throw away line here or there is fine. But where the hell did Karen even pop up from? First half of season 3: no Karen to be seen. But suddenly she's Queen Woodbury and is everywhere, wth? Who is she and why is she sporadically in every episode?

Noah, are you suddenly in a survivalist scenario, yet you have asthma? Guess what? I don't care because I have no idea who you are and unless your name is Shannon and you're a character on Lost, you storyline is a waste of time.

I can't WAIT for this season to be over. I've never said this about another show, ever. I usually want my shows to go on forever. But there's very little I like about this season, and way to many things I hate about it.

It isn't THAT bad. Apart from the sloppy writing here and there, it's been quite an enjoyable season.

They need Frank Darabont back...that man made pure perfection.
Frank West - the ultimate zombie apocalypse survivor.
-Hes covered wars you know...

Hialmar

Hialmar

Infected

• Members

...Carol was bad-ass, being so nonchalant about murder sex...

As soon as she said this it made me think that if the ZA had not occured, her late husband Ed was going to end up getting whacked in his sleep.

Hialmar

Hialmar

Infected

• Members
Andrea's character continues to be perhaps one of the dumbest in television history, and that may include various goofballs from sit-coms.

She continues to get practically bombarded with information that the Governor is seriously screwed up and untrustworthy, whether from her own witnessing of his actions, or the testimony of other people who are supposedly her friends and yet she just keeps crawling right back to him. She seems to be living in a complete state of denial about the entire situation.

Ctink8189

Ctink8189

Infected

• Members
I am new here, but i've been coming here every week and "lurking" through all the posts about the current episodes and decided to join in!

Great filler episode IMO. It was odd seeing Merle being so civil, while still being typical Merle at the same time. Maybe he's making a change? Or not. The talk between him and Hershel was great.

It seems to me Rick took his son's advice on stepping back and taking a break. Not that going on a run is a break or anything. I hope that hos taking Michonne with him will give them a chance to know and trust eachother more, but they are going to need to be close! I couldnt help but wonder, when Rick was looking out into woods and saw something white that was moving for a split second, if that was the beginning of a Lori vision that went away? Maybe it held no meaning and im overthinking, but i know he saw SOMETHING there.

Gosh i LOVE Carol! It is been awesome watching her character grow from a weak and abused woman to a strong one who speaks her mind when it is needed. I really like the unspoken relationship between her and Daryl. They have never addressed it, yet we ALL know there is something there.

I don't know about anyone else, but i cannot stand Andrea! I feel like they are purposely trying to make us hate her more and more each episode to prepare us for her departure (i would cheer). I actually hated to even see her back with Rick's group. I feel she doesn't belong anymore...ANYWHERE. Her talk with them was pointless. All the talking in the world with Rick's group will make no difference, because the Gov will move in regardless. She knows this! I KNOW she knows this! I think the Gov has a little something up his sleeve for her :)

I have not read the comics, but i hear that
Spoiler

I cannot wait until next week's episode! I have read a few spoilers and i'm excited to finally see the return or Morgan!

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members
Why are people excited about Andrea being naked? She's pretty disgusting.

DeadInDetroit

DeadInDetroit

Lurker

• Members
Great episode!

I wish Maggie wouldve told Andrea what TG did! Like why the fuck wouldnt u tell her that shit!! Overall, they shouldve pleaded with Andrea MORE, like "look Andrea, this guy is a psycho! If u dont do something now, hes gonna storm the prison an kill ALL of us, even Judith, Carl an Beth!" Instead theyre just "if he wants war, hes got it!" Smh

I do not like Tyreese group at Woodbury! Sure Allen an Ben are perfect for Woodbury but you would think Tyreese an Sasha wouldnt wanna help a dude go murder the prison group! Sure Rick seemed crazy but they know there is women, 2 kids an an old man! Why the hell would Ty help TG murder them when he knows what kind of ppl they are (aside from Rick)???

I love Merle at the prison BUT it all seemed too unrealistic! He appeared locked up at first then all a sudden their working together? Like Michonne, glenn an merle all in the same room without any arguments or fights?? I understand the situation is complicated but WTF!? Seeing Michonne run out right behind Merle, an them both having rifles was weird to me!!

I definitley think TG is just keeping Andrea close for a reason. I highly doubt he trusts her!!

Lola15

Lola15

Infected

• Members
At the beginning of the episode, Carl tells Rick he should give Hershel and Daryl the responsibility of keeping them safe because he needs a beak. By the end, Rick tells the two of them he's going to go to Woodbury with Michonne and Carl and they need to stay to protect the prison and watch over Merle. :capt:

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

She continues to get practically bombarded with information that the Governor is seriously screwed up and untrustworthy, whether from her own witnessing of his actions, or the testimony of other people who are supposedly her friends and yet she just keeps crawling right back to him. She seems to be living in a complete state of denial about the entire situation.

I'm not sure she is in denial now, and I don't think she went "crawling back to him". I think she actually tried to put Carol's plan into action, and she just couldn't kill him in his sleep. I understand why. Anyone claiming that she should have sliced and diced him while he slept, when she has never killed anyone in her life, because she has heard some nasty stuff about him...is expecting unrealistic writing. Andrea can defend herself - she isn't the terminator.

I so agree with Leela about Woodbury though. The audience doesn't care about them, and that is a problem when the writers clearly expect us to.

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
I thought he was going out looking for supplies. He wasn't going to Woodbury and had nothing to do with Carl's request.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Lola15

Lola15

Infected

• Members
When Andrea confronts Gov. after she finds out he went to the prison, he ells her that they shot first and that they are "blood thirsty". But when she went to visit the prison, she was surprised that Rick pinned her and gave her a rub down. That probably gave her a little hint that they didn't trust her and why? When she's talking to Rick, she says she wants to try to get a trues between them, But Rick says he going to kill the Gov. he doesn't know how or when but he is going to. When Carol's talking to her, she's tells her to sleep with him and then kill him while he's sleeping. Should she have done it at the end? Why didn't she?

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

Andrea didn't crawl back to the Governor. She went along with Carol's plan, but at the last minute she couldn't bring herself to kill a person.

I can't believe so many people didn't get this. Was it the writing? Andrea was devastated when she found out that the Governor tried to kill Michonne, and in the next scene Carol tells her to sleep with the Governor and then kill him. Andrea went back to Woodbury because she's the town's new leader, but Andrea going back to the Governor was a con. She basically told him the group is dead to her and that she's now 100% Team Governor, which is obviously not true. She told the Governor what he wanted to hear and she was even a crappy liar about it because when he touched her you could see the look of disgust on her face and when he hugged her you saw her frowning.

Andrea went back to sleep with the Governor and then kill him in his sleep but at the last moment she couldn't do it. How is this not obvious to people?

simplysarah

simplysarah

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOhio
This episode just didn't do much for me. It's one of the very very few I was actually bored watching.

The Good- Michonne spoke! Loved Hershel this episode. Carl's little speech.

The Bad - Tyrese and Co. joining the Gov!!! Oh no. Are they really going to help him knowing there's a baby and a kid there?!

The Ugly - Andrea. She just annoys me so much.

NiallC

NiallC

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationManchester, England.
Although I feel like I shouldn't like it I did, it reminds me of one of the better episodes of Season 2 when they had Randall captured and didn't know what to do. You didn't know whether it would continue being dialogue or if some action would jump out. Yet again, I do think that they need to cut down the Woodbury scenes because unless they have action in or something majorly important to the plot then they aren't worth it, they wasted five minutes when the Governer had two needless conversations, talking to that old woman and then talking to that 14 year old; I wouldn't say they were neccessary and could have been used with Andrea having a few more conversations with people at the prison.

I agree with someone who said a nice conversation with Beth would have been nice, I also would like to point out that Andrea should have pleaded with people like Merle who she had tried to help out and Daryl who she got close to in Season 2. She didn't seem to try very hard in my opinion, she also should have mentioned how she saw a group of four heading towards Woodbury. It wouldn't have been important but I'd have liked to see someone like Glenn get pissed at Rick for letting them go and indirectly join the enemy.

I agree that Tyreese's group joining Woodbury just seems pointless, if they're going to join the assault on the prison then it seems unlikely they survive unless they leave before it occurs. I mean yeah Allen and Ben joining is understandable but Tyreese and Sasha seemed a bit smarter, like they would understand that the Prison group don't really have any reason to attack the town other than for defense.

Also I want to know who Rick saw outside the field wearing white, I had thought it would be Tyreese's group but it might just be a scout, I wish it was explained. And that Rick only asked Tyreese's group to leave because he was having hallucinations of his wife and he was confused and angry, I think if he wasn't crazy then they probably would have stayed.

So yeah, a good episode really but I wish they had answered a few questions.

"Get one thing straight. You're staying? This isn't a democracy anymore."

alamozombie

alamozombie

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAlamogordo New Mexico
Rick never said they could not stay and he never threw them out either. After he talked to Herschel he was about to relent and let them in when he went into crazy mode seeing a hallucination of Laurie. So in my opinion if they had just gone to another cell block and layed low for a while while Rick got over his hallucination everything would have turned out fine.

The only gripe I have with this episode is how fast Merle has become a part of the group.

Them taking him into the prison is already a stretch. He should be locked up in a cell.

Rick won't let Tyreese, Sasha, Ben and Allen stay, yet he'll let a crazy racist who almost got Michonne, Glenn, and Maggie killed stay and become a part of the group?

It doesn't make sense. Yes he is Daryl's brother but he has proved to be extremely untrustworthy.

Lola15

Lola15

Infected

• Members
At the beginning, shortly after the attack, Gov tells Milton he wants all the people in Woodbury armed and trained for a war against the prison. But what the towns people think is that they are just defending themselves from the bad people. They don't know that the bad people are the people they are taking orders from and living under now. When Andrea tells the Gov she's going to the prison, he tells her that if she she's, to stay and then tells Milton to keep an eye on her. Andrea then asks Milton to help her escape ad keep it a secret, trusting him, But he goes to the Gov and tells him she wants to escape and he says to help her! When they are in the woods, Andrea uses Michonne's tactic and cuts off a walkers arms and jaw to keep it as a slave. Then Tyreese's group meets them and Milton takes them back to Woodbury where he finds out they were at the prison and dislike Rick. They are willing to fight with them, anything to earn they're belonging to Woodbury. Right when Milton finds out he starts to question them to find out the layout of the prison. They are going to take much advantage of them.

TheDalkingWead

TheDalkingWead

S-mart Employee

• Members

I agree that Tyreese's group joining Woodbury just seems pointless, if they're going to join the assault on the prison then it seems unlikely they survive unless they leave before it occurs. I mean yeah Allen and Ben joining is understandable but Tyreese and Sasha seemed a bit smarter, like they would understand that the Prison group don't really have any reason to attack the town other than for defense.

Also I want to know who Rick saw outside the field wearing white, I had thought it would be Tyreese's group but it might just be a scout, I wish it was explained. And that Rick only asked Tyreese's group to leave because he was having hallucinations of his wife and he was confused and angry, I think if he wasn't crazy then they probably would have stayed.

I don't think it's pointless. I think it makes perfect sense. They literally begged Rick's group to let them stay and they were thrown out. It was heartless. Rick came off as an arrogant, crazy, jerk. Then Milton and the Governor sweep in and give them a nice, clean place to stay. The Governor played the whole scene out perfectly when they talked abut Rick and his group. Notice he didn't push at all. He kept saying "You rest, we can talk about it tomorrow." He wanted them to know Rick's group had hurt them but he wanted them to think Ricks group instigated the whole thing and that Woodbury was innocent. He wanted them to join his side but he wanted them to believe it was their decision and that he would never pressure anyone. It was smart.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
Yeah, he said he's going on a run, not to Woodbury. I do think Carl's words did sink in to him a bit, that's why he's leaving Daryl in charge when he's gone. I think it's his way of taking a bit of a break, while at the same time doing something useful for the group. I think Rick is well aware that he was/is cracking up and needs to take a step back for a bit to get his head together.

'Rick' Duff

'Rick' Duff

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationAberystwyth, Wales
What are people expecting with Andrea? Sure, she has the Governor in a vulnerable position, but what happens after she kills him? She'll get killed by his 'loyal guards,' Shupert or Martinez.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
I'm not sure what this has to do with Milton getting tougher...mainly I fee like he's turning more and more into a little weasel.

Lola15

Lola15

Infected

• Members
So Glenn gets the idea of trading Merle to the Gov as a peace offering. Was that too harsh?

Lola15

Lola15

Infected

• Members
When Carol and Daryl were talking, he says he's back at the tomb. She says that what T-Dog said and what she believed until she found her alive.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
Carol just wants to get laid. Understandable. She must be all dried up down there after going without any action for so long.

She needs someone to wet her whistle. If you know what I'm sayin'.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania
Well, Milton did wrestle with Andrea's Walker. That's something I'd never thought he'd do. He's definitely starting to get braver, at least. And he's not afraid to inquire people about circumstances. I think that goes to show much disdain he has for the prison group. He doesn't know about Merle kidnapping Maggie and Glenn, does he? He thinks the prison is full of mindless, cruel villains much worse than the Governor. Milton thinks he's being brave and defending the people of Woodbury. Good for him for that mindset. Bad for him for not yet figuring out the full story.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

Lola15

Lola15

Infected

• Members
When Andrea asked Carol about Shane and eh told her that Shane tried to kill Rick and and had to back. She replied with "but Shan loved Rick!" Carol said back "Shane loved Lori" and is is the but I think Andrea was sad because she loved him too and didn't think he'd be that cruel.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!