The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 11 - I Ain’T A Judas - Review

rick the governor daryl merle andrea the prison woodbury the walking dead season 3

The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 11 "I Ain't a Judas" (204 )

What did you think of the show?

1. Excellent (68 [33.33%] - )

33.33%

2. Good - Some Critiques (87 [42.65%] - )

42.65%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (41 [20.10%] - )

20.10%

4. Poor (8 [3.92%] - )

3.92%

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
As farswell said it was much needed dialogue.
I liked Merle in this episode a lot.
Tyreese's group didn't need to go to Woodbury...that was silly.
I'm also kind of surprised they didn't hear any of the many machine guns going off at the prison.
There has been too many coincidental meetings.
Overall I thought it was o.k. I'll continue waiting for Andrea's redemption but it's a lot further away than I hoped .

“Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

Zombie chick

Zombie chick

Lurker

• Members

WHAT?! Time to grab my trusty shotty :Boomstick_by_Preamp:

Haters gonna hate I suppose :P

Not a hater, just my opinion.

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

I hate Tyrese in Woodbury. I really am not liking the direction of that story arc.

Agreed, That soured the episode for me.
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
New user here so hi everyone

I really liked this episode, I know some viewers complain about lack of zombie killing in an episode, but I think this was one of the better less actiony episodes. Michonne finally spoke up. This was the first episode where I saw glimmers of the old Andrea that I loved from season 2. I don't like the idea of tyreeses group joining Woodbury. I still think most of the episode time spent at Woodbury is very boring. I didn't get the carol-Andrea hug? They never seemed extremely close from what I remember. I really liked the last 5 minutes of the episode. I liked the singing this time a lot more than the first time, especially with the original right after Beth's cover. I feel that Carl is getting less lines every episode but maybe it's just me.

Sorry if this review seems kinda jumbled its one of my firsts and the whole episode hasn't sunk in yet.

Kikora

Kikora

Lurker

• Members
My feelings right now:

The zombie make-up looked really bad. :S I have usually been impressed by the creativity of the make-up artists, and their application of the art, but not in this episode. The walker that Andrea dismembered looked like a generic dead guy, honestly it reminded me of a cheap tattoo. The swollen neck female walker wasn't really any better. =_=;

I feel Carl and Carol are the only two who made any sense in this episode. Kudos to her on being the only one who has a feasible (Albeit murderous) plan of action.

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
With what happened between Andrea and Beth in season 2 I would have hoped they could have had a scene together

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

New user here so hi everyone

I really liked this episode, I know some viewers complain about lack of zombie killing in an episode, but I think this was one of the better less actiony episodes. Michonne finally spoke up. This was the first episode where I saw glimmers of the old Andrea that I loved from season 2. I don't like the idea of tyreeses group joining Woodbury. I still think most of the episode time spent at Woodbury is very boring. I didn't get the carol-Andrea hug? They never seemed extremely close from what I remember. I really liked the last 5 minutes of the episode. I liked the singing this time a lot more than the first time, especially with the original right after Beth's cover. I feel that Carl is getting less lines every episode but maybe it's just me.

Sorry if this review seems kinda jumbled its one of my firsts and the whole episode hasn't sunk in yet.

I understand that the show is about more than zombie killing and I'm fine with it. I enjoy the slower episodes with dialog, as long as the dialog has meaning and is about something besides two men fighting over a woman :P

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Hannah

Hannah

S-mart Employee

• Members
The best thing about tonight's episode was Tom Waits's "Hold On", playing towards the end. Great Song choice!!

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln
The only gripe I have with this episode is how fast Merle has become a part of the group.

Them taking him into the prison is already a stretch. He should be locked up in a cell.

Rick won't let Tyreese, Sasha, Ben and Allen stay, yet he'll let a crazy racist who almost got Michonne, Glenn, and Maggie killed stay and become a part of the group?

It doesn't make sense. Yes he is Daryl's brother but he has proved to be extremely untrustworthy.

TheWalkingStoner

TheWalkingStoner

Infected

• Members
  • LocationChi-Raq,Drill-inois
Enjoying the talking dead, lol. Anyone who hasn't seen today's episode, they're showing the making of the 'Andrea chops up walker' scene :zombiethumbsup:

The only gripe I have with this episode is how fast Merle has become a part of the group.

Them taking him into the prison is already a stretch. He should be locked up in a cell.

Rick won't let Tyreese, Sasha, Ben and Allen stay, yet he'll let a crazy racist who almost got Michonne, Glenn, and Maggie stay and become a part of the group?

This is a very valid point...didn't think about that...

~(Talking Dead's Chris Hardwick on Andrea & the Gov.) - "Now we know why they call it Wood-bury. HEY-OH!"~

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

I understand that the show is about more than zombie killing and I'm fine with it. I enjoy the slower episodes with dialog, as long as the dialog has meaning and is about something besides two men fighting over a woman :P

Yeah I agree a lot better than the dreaded love triangle of last season haha.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Ha. You finally get to use your gif! :zombiethumbsup:

Jaybird

Jaybird

Infected

• Members

Enjoying the talking dead, lol. Anyone who hasn't seen today's episode, they're showing the making of the 'Andrea chops up walker' scene :zombiethumbsup:

This is a very valid point...didn't think about that...

Very neat to see that behind the scenes... the zombie puppet was pretty sweet....

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
Very good episode! Let's see here:

The Merle/Hershel scene was absolute gold.

Carol was bad-ass, being so nonchalant about murder sex. Her material in this back-half has been stellar, and I can only hope it gets even better. The confrontation between her and Merle is clearly building up too, which'll be awesome to watch.

Andrea (not surprisingly) is no less intolerable than she's been with the previous episodes. Bitch, just die already and spare me any further headaches.

Milton's getting a lot more likable though (Dallas Roberts really brings a lot to the role). It's a shame the writers will most likely whack him by the end of the season :(

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts
I really feel the Tyrese plot to this point has been mishandled. I did not like the scene of Rick loosing his shit when talking to them, I did not like that they happened upon Andrea and Milton in the precise moment. Then all but orgasming when talking about killing Ricks group with TG.

Its annoying, and the Andrea story plot continues to frustrate me

TheWalkingStoner

TheWalkingStoner

Infected

• Members
  • LocationChi-Raq,Drill-inois

Very neat to see that behind the scenes... the zombie puppet was pretty sweet....

Beth is the surprise guest!! Let's see what she has to say 'bout Tom Waits...

~(Talking Dead's Chris Hardwick on Andrea & the Gov.) - "Now we know why they call it Wood-bury. HEY-OH!"~

nasaihyana

nasaihyana

Infected

• Members
Great episode, not understanding tyrese in woodbury but reserving judgment favorite scene was rick and carl, as a father can't imagine watching my son losing faith in my leadership!! Low on action which was good to further flesh out the story and characters (no pun intended ) btw Beth needs a recording contract great voice IMO.

Akhet

Akhet

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMonroeville Mall

Rick won't let Tyreese, Sasha, Ben and Allen stay, yet he'll let a crazy racist who almost got Michonne, Glenn, and Maggie killed stay and become a part of the group?

It doesn't make sense. Yes he is Daryl's brother but he has proved to be extremely untrustworthy.

Sometimes it feels like the writers spend more time reading the fan reviews on storm front then on here.

blowe12

blowe12

Infected

• Members
This episode was just "meh" to me. The Andrea visit to the prison just seemed staged and really rushed. I also really dont like Tyreese and his group being taken to Woodbury. I think that Tyreese will avoid divulging too much information about the prison, but his other two dumbass friends will let them know where the weak spot in the prison is. :(

All of this leads up to a Woodbury attack on the prisons weak spot in the finale in my opinion,

The Tom Waits as the episode ended was a nice touch. I really love it when they end episodes with music. They have a knack for picking the right song at the right time. I wish they chose to do it more often.

backwoodsroamer

backwoodsroamer

The Amiable Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Isle of Misfit Toys
Okay, liked this episode. It's one of those that just had to be the way it is to further the story. Function dictates form. Random musings.

Liked the curb stomp to make Andrea's pet.

Milton is a real weasel.

Thought the way the gang handled Andrea's arrival was good. Don't know If I would have let her go back though. Would have had to think on that one.

Love the Merle - Hershel scene.

Liked Michonne's speech. Really starting to like her never forget, never forgive attitude.

Liked Merle's "It was just business."

Tyreese in Woodbury. Playing the happy coincidence trope a bit much there.

Rick is having a mood swing a bit much. First Michonne has to go live in an overturned bus in the prison yard, now she's the go to girl for a road trip in zombieville along with your son. What's up with that.

Carol, good plan girl. I like your style.

About Beth's singing. Whether you like it or not, it's realistic. Been there done that. Take away all forms of entertainment and you start to sing, play charades, mime, whatever passes the time. Seen it before, like I said.

No Lori visual hallucinations! Yay!

Andrea, oh Andrea! SIGH, and shakes head.

"Kiss your Mother goodnight, and remember that God saves."

kxwjZFU.png

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members
•Yay for the eyepatch!!!!
• Woodbury is gearing up for battle! These people aren't fighters. They're sheltered and totally unprepared to fight. Cannon fodder for sure!
• Milton is a tattletale
• Why the heck is Tyreese in Woodbury?!
• Andrea Andrea Andrea...... when are you going to see the light?
• Way to go Michonne!! I'm glad that she got some more lines this episode and that she told Andrea off.
• Like that the prison group didn't take Andrea at face value at first
• I love Carol's plan that she told Andrea. She HAD to have thought about doing that to Ed a few times!
• Hope that Tyreese and Sasha come to their senses soon. I have a feeling that Allen and Ben will ultimately side with Woodbury, but Sasha and Tyreese will end up joining team prison in the end.
• Rick shows that he still cares somewhat about Andrea by giving her the car and gun
• Beth's song was a little odd at first, but I liked it
• I wish Andrea could've killed the guv, but I knew that he couldn't die like that.

CrystalBabyGrimm

CrystalBabyGrimm

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

I really feel the Tyrese plot to this point has been mishandled. I did not like the scene of Rick loosing his shit when talking to them, I did not like that they happened upon Andrea and Milton in the precise moment. Then all but orgasming when talking about killing Ricks group with TG.

Its annoying, and the Andrea story plot continues to frustrate me

Everything you just said. I wanted to bang my head on the wall when they were standing there with TG. I have tried and tried to be patient with Andrea but Goddamn it woman. Do you not believe Rick on top of everything you've seen?!?

I loved the parts with Michonne/Andrea Merle/Herschel Carol/Andrea

"One more thing......he was an organ donor".

nasaihyana

nasaihyana

Infected

• Members
I agree with wb13 tyrese's group seems headed for a split.that dude Allen is a prick. I'm not a comic reader but I get the impression tyrese is a crucial character on the side of ricks group and can't see the writers going left field in that regard also already watching the episode again and Carol is AWESOME! Loving her more each week while hating Andrea more

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas
I knew Andrea -the stupid twit - didn't have it in her to kill him. Dumb blonde.

I don't want Tyrese and Co. in Woodbury. :(

Milton is a whimpy jackass.

Yay! Michonne talked!

Beth and Carol were awesome. I still hate Merle. Rick was back to being yummy. Good episode.
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
Decent episode...

Not thrilled Tyreese is in Woodbury, so they better have a damn good reason, like he is going to hold a light in Andrea's face. She obviously needs help seeing it. Maybe he will be the voice of reason and succeed where Michonne failed.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!