How Much Do You Think We'll Find Out About Tg From Merle Tonight?

merle governor

Zachris

Zachris

Infected

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

why does Merle keep telling the prison group that TG has lots of good fighters? since Merle was TG's right hand man, obviously he knows that the groups are pretty evenly matched in numbers (before the children and grandma soldiers, which don't really count anyways)...like, he said that TG could post people on all the surrounding roads and starve them to death... do you think Merle is exaggerating for a certain reason??

I think Merle only sees maybe Rick, Darryl and Michonne as the only real fighters they have. TG has at least 10 to 20 fighters plus the weapons. He knows what kind of arms they have.

Merle doesn't know how good Glenn, Maggie and Carl can be.

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
I don't think Merle was exaggerating at all. He knows what HE did for TG. I think he truly wants the group to know what they face with TG's flying monkeys.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

I think Merle only sees maybe Rick, Darryl and Michonne as the only real fighters they have. TG has at least 10 to 20 fighters plus the weapons. He knows what kind of arms they have.

Merle doesn't know how good Glenn, Maggie and Carl can be.

This. Look how easily he kidnapped Glenn and Maggie. Clearly, he doesn't see them as a force to be reckoned with. I think he just had the element of surprise on his side and that Glenn was in a state of shock to see him just turn up all of a sudden but Merle probably views it differently. And Carol is now plotting assassinations when he last knew her as a battered wife.

zomnipotent

zomnipotent

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationomnipresent
it's better to overestimate your enemy than underestimate
IMG 2014033148576

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana
yeah..I agree with all that. he should view Glenn and Maggie as threats though. Glenn killed the walker Merle threw at him and Maggie killed the guard with the bone and is out on sniper watch all episode. maybe they're weaker when they're together (getting kidnapped in the first place and giving up the prison), but I think it should be obvious, even to Merle, that they're fighters.

IMO it sounds like Merle is describing this big force against the prison group..and I just don't see it. it's wise to assume your enemy is going to be strong and dangerous, but hell, he makes it seem like they have an army..and they don't...

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana
then again, the communication between the characters this season is poorly written and leaves waaaaay too much unsaid. I just keep waiting for the "aha" moment...I guess merle's deliberate exaggeration and neglect of details is just another straw closer to breaking the camel's back.

zomnipotent

zomnipotent

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationomnipresent
guv also has whatever he got from the soldiers
IMG 2014033148576

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

guv also has whatever he got from the soldiers

you mean the higher powered weapons on the trucks? I was under the impression there was no ammo left when Michonne was looking around them..

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

yeah..I agree with all that. he should view Glenn and Maggie as threats though. Glenn killed the walker Merle threw at him and Maggie killed the guard with the bone and is out on sniper watch all episode. maybe they're weaker when they're together (getting kidnapped in the first place and giving up the prison), but I think it should be obvious, even to Merle, that they're fighters.

IMO it sounds like Merle is describing this big force against the prison group..and I just don't see it. it's wise to assume your enemy is going to be strong and dangerous, but hell, he makes it seem like they have an army..and they don't...

Merle sees Glenn as 'sneaky' or 'cunning', not strong. And as a misogynist, I doubt he has a great deal of faith in female warriors. Also, Merle may know more than we've seen of TG's forces. Are the 9 wounded people all minions? Can Martinez train the 25 healthy WB citizens adequately to make up an army? TG's got numbers and guns and if they're unskilled, they'll be in the front, taking bullets from Rick's group while the valuable people are spared in the back to fight. JMHO.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

Merle sees Glenn as 'sneaky' or 'cunning', not strong. And as a misogynist, I doubt he has a great deal of faith in female warriors. Also, Merle may know more than we've seen of TG's forces. Are the 9 wounded people all minions? Can Martinez train the 25 healthy WB citizens adequately to make up an army? TG's got numbers and guns and if they're unskilled, they'll be in the front, taking bullets from Rick's group while the valuable people are spared in the back to fight. JMHO.

you're probably right about Maggie. I just have such a girl crush on her it's hard to think like Merle..

also, if Merle secretly knows more than the audience, I'll be pissed. never before in the history of television have I felt like so much critical information and dialogue has been left out. I try my damnedest not to nitpick, but fuck I'm confused lately!!!

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
I just try to go along for the ride. Yes, the show frustrates me at times but overall, I enjoy the hell out of it so I let a lot slide as far as writing and production goes. I've got plenty to be frustrated about in real life so for me, the show is a good escape. :)

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

I just try to go along for the ride. Yes, the show frustrates me at times but overall, I enjoy the hell out of it so I let a lot slide as far as writing and production goes. I've got plenty to be frustrated about in real life so for me, the show is a good escape. :)

i do too...i just have some serious ocd and am tired of constantly *facepalming* because apparently someone forgot to check for consistency..lol

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!