How Much Do You Think We'll Find Out About Tg From Merle Tonight?

merle governor

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
I know what the previews show but I'd like to speculate on whether or not the show will slow its pace enough tonight to really pick Merle's brain. Andrea's, too if she shows up at the prison tonight. Honestly, I could watch an entire episode w/ Merle giving the group TG's back story from Atlanta (presumably) on. TG said they started as 9 ppl. holed up in an apartment in the city. I will make the assumption also that Merle spent some time there recuperating and the apartment was in Atlanta or a nearby suburb.

zomnipotent

zomnipotent

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationomnipresent
I'm with ya, I am looking forward to Merle and Herschel having some quality face time. seeing as how Merle had a shitty relationship with his dad, to put it mildly, maybe he could look at Herschel as an old sage, dare I say, respect him and his opinion. plus Michael Rooker just impresses me more and more. never thought I would want to see more of Merle. unfortunately,I thought Mazarra was anti back story, but a boy can dream. I actually think Merle is going to reveal as much as possible to show how valuable he could be.
IMG 2014033148576

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
Exactly, Zomni! I think Herschel will play a huge role w/ Merle's development towards the good side. That is, if Merle survives future encounters w/ Woodbury, Glenn and Michonne. Since they both seem to believe in God (the rooftop prayer S1), I think they may find a bond there. I feel like Herschel will forgive Merle for kidnapping his daughter and try to make the others give him a chance. Herschel is just that way.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
I'd love to see some backstory with the Guv helping Merle. But Mazzara was very against any flashbacks so it's not likely.

Since Merle is such an ass, it's up in the air how much he'll spill to everyone abou the Guv.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
Way to burst my bubble, Steph. :) Mazzara let TG give a little backstory w/ his character so I hope he'll allow Merle the same. I don't need a blow by blow accounting, just enough to get an actual idea of how WB got started and where they've already looted so Rick's group doesn't put themselves at risk 'shopping' at those establishments. It could help Rick's group in the future if they decide to settle in somewhere. I really hope that the episode is not wasted on Glenn being angry and Michonne shooting dirty looks. Or hallucinations. Rick can nap the whole episode for all I care.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
I agree that I'm done with Rick's head up his ass too, and the Glenn/Michonne thing as well. Okay, so I do think Glenn is justified to act like that, but it's jarring when a character does a 180 with their personality like that.

What I think would be cool is just a little flashback at the beginning of the show, similar to when Shane and Lori were on the highway into Atlanta and see it getting napalmed. That's all we need, that's all most of us want I'm sure. Doesn't need to be like Lost where they go back and forth throughout an episode with it, just something small now and then.

zomnipotent

zomnipotent

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationomnipresent
I kinda want to see an argument between Andrea and Merle over who was closer to the guv, thus who is more dangerous to the prison group, kinda like 12 year olds at recess, cause they both have a tendency to act like pre teens
IMG 2014033148576

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
Hah! Unless TG's penis has been whispering secrets into Andrea's whoo-ha, I would say that Merle wins hands down.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I agree that I'm done with Rick's head up his ass too, and the Glenn/Michonne thing as well. Okay, so I do think Glenn is justified to act like that, but it's jarring when a character does a 180 with their personality like that.

What I think would be cool is just a little flashback at the beginning of the show, similar to when Shane and Lori were on the highway into Atlanta and see it getting napalmed. That's all we need, that's all most of us want I'm sure. Doesn't need to be like Lost where they go back and forth throughout an episode with it, just something small now and then.

I agree. It seems like a large portion of people (here) do not care for the Woodbury storyline. Possibly if they had given us a little back story, they would be more interested in the Woodbury focused episodes.

zomnipotent

zomnipotent

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationomnipresent

I agree. It seems like a large portion of people (here) do not care for the Woodbury storyline. Possibly if they had given us a little back story, they would be more interested in the Woodbury focused episodes.

agreed.
Ah, the Woodburians, my take on why they garner no sympathy is they haven't given us a reason. You have a large portion of them simply living naively under the guv, cheering at the screamer pits for blood, not winning me over there. Then a group of thugs, i.e. Martinez, Merle, Bowman, et al. Milton is a bit compelling because he plays it close to the vest, IMO, not sure we have seen where his head is truly at. wow I'm way OT my bad. hence the need for back story
IMG 2014033148576

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
I don't mind things going OT in any thread, much less one I started. But yeah, no one cares about the WB folks, nor do we need to unless some are going to join up w/ Rick eventually. But it only makes sense that they pump Merle for as much info as possible, to include a little backstory. He is not going back to TG w/o being murdered so he needs to ingratiate himself w/ Rick's group in whatever ways he can. It's in his own best interest that he gives the group as much info as possible since he intends to be a member of the group. It will only strengthen their position vs TG.

tommysoprano

tommysoprano

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Jersey
My guess is that Merle does give a bit of a "what went on while I was in Woodbury" story to the prison folk! I don't know if we will see flashbacks, but he is going to let them in on some stuff, me thinks?

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
For me, we have enough of a backstory on Merle. He's one of the few who needs no further explanation. But I can't help but wonder if he'll spew in Hershel's presence or defer to his age. Should be interesting.

To the poster above who stated Hershell and Merle have God in common (referring to the rooftop pleading with Jesus). Remember the old saying, "There are no atheists in foxholes." Merle is not in any way a practicing Christian.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

For me, we have enough of a backstory on Merle. He's one of the few who needs no further explanation. But I can't help but wonder if he'll spew in Hershel's presence or defer to his age. Should be interesting.

To the poster above who stated Hershell and Merle have God in common (referring to the rooftop pleading with Jesus). Remember the old saying, "There are no atheists in foxholes." Merle is not in any way a practicing Christian.

Yeah, all I remember is the big "F you, Jesus, I don't need you anyway."

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

We already know Merle's backstory as much as needed. I'm asking for WB's backstory and whatever Merle knows about the Governor and his men. And no, Merle is not a practicing Christian but neither am I and even when things get really rough, I don't pray for Jesus' advice or even think about Jesus. Lots of Christians do terrible things. As do lots of people who believe in other gods or whatever. Addicts, murderers, etc find God all the time; Merle is both. Herschel walks the walk and I think he could bring Merle around, given the time to do so if Merle were so inclined. If you're a Merle hater, so be it but he has valuable information to share and I want to hear it. JMHO.

zomnipotent

zomnipotent

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationomnipresent

there is also a saying in prison," any port in a storm"
IMG 2014033148576

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
Well, I would have liked to hear more from Merle, re: TG and WB but it was interesting that he quoted scripture- chapter and verse w/ Herschel. AND that he apologized to Michonne. I think he knows that his only shot is Rick and co. and the prison. I honestly didn't expect Andrea to show up yet but am glad she did, as she filled in a few blanks. I'm not surprised but disappointed that she sent Tyreese and his folks to WB. But I think she can influence them now that she's back and possibly have a stronger team if she has the stones to revolt on TG.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan
Merle didn't apologize. He explained and said he hopes that Michonne can get passed it.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
Haha! For Merle, that was an apology. I've known a lot of Merles in my lifetime. He attempted to explain/justify his actions and tried to make peace. That's as much as some can do in the way of apologizing, I'm afraid.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
Agreed, but that doesn't make it an apology. Also, those same people aren't necessarily forgiven either.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Agreed, but that doesn't make it an apology. Also, those same people aren't necessarily forgiven either.

You're absolutely right about that. I can't see Michonne forgiving Merle EVER. Once he's no longer of use, he'll get knocked off by she or Glenn.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
Yep, I see a little friendly fire in Merle's future.

Check out my blog

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
So glad he's giving the group a true picture of the gov. At this point, he's an asset. While others might hesitate, he'll go in for the kill whether it's woman or child with a weapon.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana
why does Merle keep telling the prison group that TG has lots of good fighters? since Merle was TG's right hand man, obviously he knows that the groups are pretty evenly matched in numbers (before the children and grandma soldiers, which don't really count anyways)...like, he said that TG could post people on all the surrounding roads and starve them to death... do you think Merle is exaggerating for a certain reason??

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana
to elaborate, yes, I feel as though he's being honest about how ruthless TG is...yet is exaggerating the manpower TG has...

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!