The Creek

Daryl merle

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
I'm having trouble remembering what Daryl and Merle were getting at about the creek. They were looking for somewhere to fish and Daryl got lost. Then Merle was saying he "lost his sense of direction" and saying it was somewhere else. The conversation seemed to have some double meaning.

Did they make specific reference to where it was? North, West?

How do they both know where this creek is? I guess maybe Merle saw it on a map while at Woodbury? But how would Daryl know where it was? He hasn't done much scouting outside the prison.

The creek had a name too? It was on the sign post. Does it have any significance? And this is where the family was on the bridge.

And does anyone know where in Georgia this is? Would like to visit.

Help!

ZH

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania
The show isn't as rich with double-meanings and very light foreshadowing as it used to be. At this point, you're just looking so far in, that you're head is about to get stuck in the hole.
It all meant absolutely nothing and served as nothing more than a plot-device to make Daryl and Merle's character traits painfully obvious, which appears to have been the intention of the scene.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
The only point regarding the name of the creek was to show that Daryl knew where he was and Merle didn't. Basically, the whole point of that entire scene was to show that Daryl has surpassed Merle in just about every way. I would assume that both Daryl and Merle being avid hunters, knew that area very well before the ZA.

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
A Yellow Jacket is a wasp right? Isn't it a drug as well?

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
You think Merle and Daryl hunter in this area pre-ZA SS?? I thought Daryl was from north of Atlanta.

kataurmayor

kataurmayor

Lurker

• Members
Yellow jackets are wasps and their also the mascit for georgia tech. Not sure where the dixons are from but I'm pretty sure its possible they traveled to that area pre-za specifically to hunt. Even if they didn't live in that area.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

Yellow Jackets are evil little bastards that attack en masse. Don't know about the drug.

Ricktatorship

Ricktatorship

S-mart Employee

• Members
I, too, thought Daaryl was from north Atlanta. Anyway in terms of foreshadowing there was none! The writers have become oblivious to using any foreshadowing are simple and straightforward now.

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
You'll find that the term "Yellow Jackets" was most commonly used as a street term for Nembutal (pentobarbitone, a barbiturate) sold in a yellow capsule in the 1970s.

Now you know.

I think the scene had some deeper meaning about Merle subconscious envy of Daryl being able to take care of himself. Merle sees himself as the big brother father figure to little Daryl and when he sees Daryl hesitate about which direction to go he pounces with a deep insult. This is because he feels Daryl no longer needs his big brother and may let him go. This is something Merle fears. From fear comes anger, espcially for redneck Merle.

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
I came to the same conclusion as Serenity. Daryl was right about the location of the creek and Merle was wrong. No longer sees big brother as a leader.

Skeet

Skeet

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNorth Augusta, SC
Yellow Jacket creek is in Troup County Ga.

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
http://walkingdeadlo...t-creek-bridge/

filming took place near griffin

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
welcome skeet

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

You'll find that the term "Yellow Jackets" was most commonly used as a street term for Nembutal (pentobarbitone, a barbiturate) sold in a yellow capsule in the 1970s.

Now you know.

I think the scene had some deeper meaning about Merle subconscious envy of Daryl being able to take care of himself. Merle sees himself as the big brother father figure to little Daryl and when he sees Daryl hesitate about which direction to go he pounces with a deep insult. This is because he feels Daryl no longer needs his big brother and may let him go. This is something Merle fears. From fear comes anger, espcially for redneck Merle.

^^This, except that I think anger comes from fear.^^

Felicia

Felicia

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLovely Washington State

They used to be a type of speed back in my day.
Dale: If I had known the world was ending, I would have brought better books.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!