Photo

Do You Think Judith Will Survive? ( Comic Spoilers )

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

alexjohn9

alexjohn9

Infected

• Members
  • 5 posts
A baby being born in a zombie apocalypse is obviously very dangerous. Since the group are somewhat safe in the prison, do you think the show will decide to have her survive or go with the comic book version. Could she be infected even as a baby or could she be zombie virus free and posses a possible cure? What do you guys think will happen to Rick's (or Shane's) baby daughter eventually?

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members
  • 880 posts
I think that she may survive the season, but she has to die at/near the end of the prison arc.

Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Lurker

• Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
She is walkerbait.

I hope she goes out like in the comics because any other death would seem horrible for a baby.

Steph

Steph

♥Rick's Girl♥

• Administrators
  • 3,121 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis
Because that wasn't' horrible??
Posted Image

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Moderators
  • 1,103 posts
  • LocationOhio
I hope Judy survives, but practically, I'm not sure the producers want to deal with a baby for the rest of the series. I think she might die during another Woodbury assault, maybe by the end of the season. Although I personally hope she makes it, because having to care for a little one on top of everything does add a lot of challenges for the group and is an interesting story dynamic.

meesha1971

meesha1971

Roamer

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Because that wasn't' horrible??

Less horrible than being torn apart and eaten by walkers.

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members
  • 509 posts

What do you guys think will happen to Rick's (or Shane's) baby daughter eventually?

Posted Image

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • 2,764 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted Image

She becomes an orb?
Shooting little girls in the head is one thing and already ground breaking television, just for that (among other things). But killing babies and killing babies via the scenario used in the comic? Whoo, it'd make or break the show. Getting et wouldn't even be the point, or any less horrific.
This is the type of programming that CBS, NBC and ABC wouldn't have dared dream of when they were the "big 3" and dominated television, until other channels began cropping up.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

NoZombieNoCry

NoZombieNoCry

Lurker

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • LocationMordor
They are going way to down this season in Ricks trip to crazy town and I think they just cant kill the baby without making him even more loco. That just cant happen.
Not a native speaker, be patient.

Grénádé

Grénádé

Lurker

• Members
  • 249 posts
If they get rid of Judith what the heck with Beth do?

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Biter

• Members
  • 1,776 posts

If they get rid of Judith what the heck with Beth do?

I'm guessing (and I'm not the only one to guess this) that

Spoiler

Edited by Deadpelican, 22 February 2013 - 04:34 AM.

Let's split up. We can cover more ground that way.

daenerys

daenerys

Roamer

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
Is it wrong that I really don't care? I guess the whole baby addition brings in new story lines but as a character I could care less about Judith. I also hate Daryl's pet name for her.

Edited by daenerys, 22 February 2013 - 05:34 AM.

_Shrike_

_Shrike_

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Locationa creepy basement
As said in another thread, she may go down like in the comics, with beth instead of lori. I think her death is an important part of rick's path.
Nonetheless she COULD survive and have some bigger role if the show decides to depart from the comics and do other time jumps (for instance because chandler riggs won't be a kid forever...)

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Lurker

• Members
  • 252 posts
I think she will survive. I think AMCs chance to nix the baby angle was to have it die during child birth. Now that that didn't happen I don't think they have the guts to show any kind of violent or agonizing death for a baby. The majority of people wouldn't want to see that. Since being born the baby has only been shown like 4 times anyway so it's not really creating any additional stress for the show or the group. Whenever something is going down they just leave it in the prison by itself apparently.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Moderators
  • 1,103 posts
  • LocationOhio

I think she will survive. I think AMCs chance to nix the baby angle was to have it die during child birth. Now that that didn't happen I don't think they have the guts to show any kind of violent or agonizing death for a baby. The majority of people wouldn't want to see that. Since being born the baby has only been shown like 4 times anyway so it's not really creating any additional stress for the show or the group. Whenever something is going down they just leave it in the prison by itself apparently.

I agree that they won't show the baby actually dying, but there are still ways to get around that, such as the popular theory of Beth getting shot whilst running with a bundled-up Judith and falling on top of the bundle. They could explain it with Rick and Carl's reactions without actually showing the baby's body. It could go either way, but I'm thinking it's more likely the baby does end up getting killed during the final battle between Woodbury and the prison.

Austin

Austin

Lurker

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
Beth is like one of my favorite characters thoughhhhhhhhh

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Biter

• Members
  • 1,776 posts

Beth is like one of my favorite characters thoughhhhhhhhh

She's damn hot, but unlike some people, I won't pretend that the character has any depth (or that Emily Kinney can act) just because she's easy on the eyes.

Let's split up. We can cover more ground that way.

andreagrimes

andreagrimes

Infected

• Members
  • 29 posts
Given how insane Rick went following Lori's death, to kill Judith off so soon would be the tipping point for him and he'd be gone for the rest of the season, perhaps longer. And unless they were planning on killing Rick at the end of the prison arc (which is incredibly unlikely), having him go off the deep end again would be redundant and rob the character of any semblance of leadership. That combined with the fact that AMC wouldn't risk violently killing a baby means she'll probably survive past the prison arc.

Now, she could die of natural causes when they're no longer in the prison and on the road, but that's the only way AMC could get away with killing a baby. I still say it'd be a bad idea in terms of Rick's development and how he'd regress following her death, but if they were going to kill Judith, it'd have to be of natural causes when they were traveling.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Biter

• Members
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

Is it wrong that I really don't care? I guess the whole baby addition brings in new story lines but as a character I could care less about Judith. I also hate Daryl's pet name for her.

It's not wrong and I don't really care, either. It's a TV show and babies aren't interesting for this type of show, IMO. Now, if the baby somehow melts Merle's heart and makes him decent, I'd care about her. That's about the only role I can see making her relevant. That or TG kidnapping her.
Posted Image

Steph

Steph

♥Rick's Girl♥

• Administrators
  • 3,121 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

It's not wrong and I don't really care, either. It's a TV show and babies aren't interesting for this type of show, IMO. Now, if the baby somehow melts Merle's heart and makes him decent, I'd care about her. That's about the only role I can see making her relevant. That or TG kidnapping her.

Or....Merle kidnaps Judith and bring her to TG. Hmmm, now that'd be interesting. It'd be Merle's double whammy of getting back at Rick and getting back into the Guv's good graces. Assuming the Guv wants a baby that is. Which he probably doesn't now that I really think about it.
Posted Image

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Biter

• Members
  • 2,436 posts
  • LocationEye Socket
Make up your mind, woman! :) And that would be an odd plot twist but yeah, I think TG is pretty much done w/ caring about anyone, including himself.
Posted Image

thefallenfeelnopain

thefallenfeelnopain

Infected

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNE Ohio
I definitely think Judith will live. Look at how much has already strayed from the similarity of the original literature. The show's audience probably wouldn't be able to handle a baby being destroyed by a round of the governor's bullets, in a moral sense.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • 3,170 posts
  • LocationCarol's hand
I don't see Judith making it much longer. I really hope she doesn't get killed by a zombie though. I feel like maybe she's being kept around to have a controversial death. I sure hope not

kitsune89

kitsune89

Infected

• Members
  • 25 posts
I want Judith to survive just to give us an alternative storyline to the comics. Also, if they ever jump forward in time again to keep up with the aging of Carl's actor, then she won't be a baby forever. I'm not a fan of shows sorasing characters but maybe they'd even take that route?

Comic spoilers
Spoiler

Edited by kitsune89, 25 February 2013 - 12:42 AM.

Kikora

Kikora

Lurker

• Members
  • 325 posts
I feel like her death is too predictable, and her staying with the group is far, far too unreasonable. To be honest, I halfway want Judy to be raised away from the group, presumed dead after the group split up, and be reintroduced later down the line when she is a bit older... but again, it doesn't seem feasible.

The whole baby plotline is going to end badly however it goes, in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!