The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 10 - Home

rick daryl merle the governor the walking dead season 3

The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 10 "Home" Review (213 )

What did you think of the show?

1. Excellent (143 [67.14%] - )

67.14%

2. Good - Some Critiques (58 [27.23%] - )

27.23%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (5 [2.35%] - )

2.35%

4. Poor (7 [3.29%] - )

3.29%

Grénádé

Grénádé

Lurker

• Members
It's funny when Rick is all sad and emo his hair reflects his attitude.

When his hair is slicked back we will know he is back in business.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
I don't get why everyone is sayin Andrea is still clueless? To be honest she has a feeling somethings occuring. She didn't just accept being a leader. She knew the Gov was missing and was asking where, she looked worried. I think she had an idea, she wasn't buying the run excuse. We didn't see her for the rest of the episode.

Enjoyed the episode, I liked Lori so it was nice to see her again.

I really liked Carol again, so strange whe you think of her in season 1, now she is using corpses to act as shields (thought that bit was great). I do hope she lasts in to next season, and Herschel too. Both are interesting characters which stop the show feeling too "young and amazonian" with all the "younger slayers".

I don't think the Gov's whole intention was to murder everyone. He enjoys games (walker fights/hitting golfballs at walkers). He wanted to spook them. He killed Axle, fired random shots with a macgine gun in the air (no intention of hitting anyone) and smiled just to make noise, had walkers sent in. This wasn't an intended full attack.

Some people questioning how the Gov got the jump on them, but I think that is the point. Herschel and Rick busy outside talking about his sanity/the leadership affairs. Pretty much everyone is depressed or has let their guard down for a moment, only one am surprised didn't see the Gov was Michonne, though he didn't pull up right at the gate. He was closer to the long grass/forestery. Also if you note the tower the sniper was in, the wire fence does not actually go around the perimiter of the tower. Its back is exposed so it is possible to be climbed up. This isn't the tower Glenn/Maggie/the group use. This is one we haven't seen on screen really before. The point is the group know they are under threat, but really, they are not prepared, they don't realise just how dangerous of a situation they are in and most are unbalanced at the moment.

I don't think the armour man from the van was meant to be a "who is it?" game...just one of the gov's heavy men. Some people speculate Milton, but I doubt it to be honest. It was a man anyway, look at the crotch.

When Beth was telling Maggie how to handle Judith, I just kept envisioning Beth being killed at the finale.

Walker_fan

Walker_fan

S-mart Employee

• Members
I wish axel hadn't of died you follow me?

Also when hershel was lying in the grass with all the walkers around him I was screaming at the tv get up lol

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
Too soon for Axel to go.....but, I liked the surprise of it. :2206_mourning_over_dead_friend:

Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver here going through your stuff
At the end Glenn puts his hand on Maggie's shoulder and she puts her hand on top of his. I think that small gestures show that things are gong to be OK between them from now on.

I think this attack from the Gov and Co. will really solidify the Prison group, and Merle will hang around for awhile anyway. Unfortunately they can really use him right now. And also Michonne will stay.

Even with all the conflicts, Merle trying to kill Michonne, beating the crap out of Glen, Merle was working for The Gov then. Also it looks like Rick and Merle might also bury the hatchet (let's hope not in each other's head).

Crazy has come to town for a visit!!

SteadyEddie

SteadyEddie

Roamer

• Members
Merle will never be accepted into the group. At least not fully. I think he's going to die while fighting the Gov and that will be his redemption. Sort of a Darth Vader type scenario.

mr teaspoon

mr teaspoon

Roamer

• Members

Nobody's holding a gun to your head, MAKING you watch it.

Yeah I know. But between the fact that I'm a big fan of the comics and that I have a very boring desk job, I'm going to watch. And post. So deal.

2) The Gov is a grade "A" piece of poo and apparently invincible. Rick's group's inability to hit him was extremely annoying but I understand it. You don't want to kill of your supervillian too soon; the story arc still has half a season to go.

Gah, no, don't understand it! Have higher standards! It's not as if that scene had to be filmed the way it was - with just a little bit of thought, the writers could have found a way to give us a 'badass Gov' moment without relying on such a played out trope.

3) Is Daryl Merle's little brother? I can't tell, it isn't mentioned quite enough.

I believe we've known their brothers since season 1, and also Merle calls Daryl lil bro or little brother once if not more.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
To be honest the group was a long way off from the Gov, Michonne and Rick were closest. Most didn't have sniper rifles. Most were busy with closer range threats and she didn't especially know where the Gov even was.

MandyB

MandyB

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Haha I noticed that too! Please Rick, brush your hair!

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Haha I noticed that too! Please Rick, brush your hair!

Speaking of combs....

:lol:
During Andrea's speech, all I could think was 'Someone hand that lady a comb'.

Tay

Tay

Infected

• Members
I wonder how Tyreese is going to be utilized, and whats going to make the group have to leave the prison. I would've thought they would've dropped a bunch of walkers off at the prison during the last confrontation, but they did it this episode.

Valleyaggie

Valleyaggie

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSouth Texas

Yeah I know. But between the fact that I'm a big fan of the comics and that I have a very boring desk job, I'm going to watch. And post. So deal.

Gah, no, don't understand it! Have higher standards! It's not as if that scene had to be filmed the way it was - with just a little bit of thought, the writers could have found a way to give us a 'badass Gov' moment without relying on such a played out trope.

1) Get a new job. lol

2) I'll give you that one. The Gov could have at least been grazed or creased.
"My mind is my weapon ... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS

And, we've all heard stories of the guys who go into battle or whatever and fearlessly/recklessly stride through it without getting so much as scratched. I like his demeanor - shows also that he enjoys the danger, maybe has a death wish.

My dad has told about a sgt he knew like this while he was in the military always went in like this never ducking just straight in and never got hit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cammi

Cammi

S-mart Employee

• Members
I, too would like to know who the driver of the walker truck was. I honestly don't think tyreese and crew left. I'd think they'd hang around in hopes that Rick would change his mind. Especially since glenn went out behind them. Besides, as far as we know there was only one way out and somebody would've seen them leaving that way. All other exits were locked.

BenRai2k

BenRai2k

Roamer

• Members
I don't think the driver is meant to be a plot mystery point to be honest. I doubt it is of importance, just a henchmen, but we never know to be sure.

Any one notice the 3 crosses still in the field. Carol still got a grave then? lol. Maybe Donna was placed in it...or maybe not.

Also, the music when Rick spotted Lori reminded me of bicycle lady, kind of reminded me its the same show after it has moved on so much since the pilot.

Not to mention the irony - Carol telling Axle if anything happens they can duck behind the shields they made. 20 mins later, she is ducking behind his corpse for a shield.

Zombeemom

Zombeemom

Lurker

• Members
I don't think the Gov has many henchmen left. He's got men, yeah, but like he said of Martinez, who will take a bullet for him? Most if them were ready to bail right after Rick and Maggie went in for Daryl, Andrea had to talk them out of it.

I, for one, enjoyed the scenes with Daryl and Merle. We learned a lot about their relationship without a long drawn out speech. It didn't take too long for Daryl to realize what Merle really is and that he can count on Team Prison as his family. Like he said, Merle is the one always leaving and blaming others for what happens to him, the prison group goes back for each other, have each others' back, something Merle never did for Daryl. I said it in a different thread, Merle doesn't go out of his way for anyone and when he does, he has to make a big production of it.

I didn't care for the scene between Glenn and Maggie, even though it is kind of like the scene when Glenn got back from the showdown with Dave and Tony and blamed her for his freezing In the alley. She kinda pushed it on him, saying that she had to subject herself to it in order to save him.

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Also, the music when Rick spotted Lori reminded me of bicycle lady, kind of reminded me its the same show after it has moved on so much since the pilot.

I noticed the music too. Man, I love the pilot.

Deadringer

Deadringer

Infected

• Members
Even though I'd seen a lot of little clips from the episode, it still suprised me. I thought it was a great episode, one of the best of the season so far. It seemed like we were getting more quality dialogue and character stuff like we'd seen in the first 2 seasons, and has been a bit lacking so far in season 3. That coupled with some good action! Way better than last weeks..

Deadringer

Deadringer

Infected

• Members

I noticed the music too. Man, I love the pilot.

It was the same piece of music, really love it. Felt there were a few nods back to seasons 1 and 2 this episode.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I don't think the driver is meant to be a plot mystery point to be honest. I doubt it is of importance, just a henchmen, but we never know to be sure.

Any one notice the 3 crosses still in the field. Carol still got a grave then? lol. Maybe Donna was placed in it...or maybe not.

Not to mention the irony - Carol telling Axle if anything happens they can duck behind the shields they made. 20 mins later, she is ducking behind his corpse for a shield.

I feel that there was a reason that they kept the delivery driver's (Walker express!) identity hidden. I don't know why or if it will be a big deal but I think it will be revealed later.
I noticed the 3 graves, too. I wondered if they kept the third grave in honor of Oscar.

Deadringer

Deadringer

Infected

• Members

I feel that there was a reason that they kept the delivery driver's (Walker express!) identity hidden. I don't know why or if it will be a big deal but I think it will be revealed later.
I noticed the 3 graves, too. I wondered if they kept the third grave in honor of Oscar.

I think you're right, there's probably more to it with the mystery driver, maybe we'll find out next week.

Chiefinspector

Chiefinspector

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSydney, AU

Enjoyed the episode, I liked Lori so it was nice to see her again.

Same. She's nice to look at, and that dress... wow!
As long as she's not talking.......

limaro

limaro

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio, US
Sad to see Axel go. I was starting to think he and Carol could be a cute, healthy relationship. I liked her sass and confidence with him. Bummer.
I miss hopeful, positive Glenn. I understand the change, but I don't like it. Now that Daryl is back to take back his 2nd in command positon, maybe Glenn can quit raging so much.
It was great seeing the Dixon brothers together in action, fighting walkers, each other and the governor's crew.
Credit where it's due, Merle DID help pull Rick's bacon off the pan. I hope that's enough to earn him a safe bunk while they recoup and strategize.

“That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.”
― Stephen King, The Stand

Deadringer

Deadringer

Infected

• Members
So Rick's trip outs and angry Glenn arn't going down to well. Neither have bothered me too much to be honest, Glenn's behaviour seems pretty realistic I think. I'd be happy with an end to the hallucinations though, I think it's played it's part now.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

So Rick's trip outs and angry Glenn arn't going down to well. Neither have bothered me too much to be honest, Glenn's behaviour seems pretty realistic I think. I'd be happy with an end to the hallucinations though, I think it's played it's part now.

I still like them, but I think his confession to Hershel that he's seeing things is a good first step to making them stop. He also admitted that he knows they're not real.

Well, the bullet to Axel's head certainly disregarded that order...haha

Ah, but I assumed that was the Governor who took that shot. He makes the rules. And, really, they did exactly what we said they should have done when Rick and Maggie went back for Daryl - take out the leader. Note that Axel was the only full-grown, able-bodied male in the vicinity. Glenn's driving around moping, Rick is wandering Crazytown; Hershel's a gimp, and Carl is playing dress-up with his dad's hat. Axel's the biggest threat that they can see (ironically, of course, since he just got done telling us how he doesn't even know how to use a weapon).

Hah, nice observation.

My dad has told about a sgt he knew like this while he was in the military always went in like this never ducking just straight in and never got hit

Thanks for backing me up! I think it says more about his character than about how they failed portraying it. He did the same thing at the Woodbury rescue. He doesn't care anymore - Penny's dead, a number of his people are dead, the "world" he'd constructed is falling apart due to his actions (his heads are gone!) - I think this shows that he's accepting of the fact that he could go at any time; it just doesn't matter to him. And he looks to be really enjoying himself when he does it. And, there's also the simple philosophical approach of, "If a bullet's got my name on it, it doesn't matter what I do."

OK, and, one more thing - Have we seen that van before? One of the things I want to know, now that Merle's back, is whether or not he was the one that took the van in the third (?) episode, back in Atlanta. If so ... was this the same van? I don't remember it clearly enough from last night, but if I get a chance I'm gonna go back on Netflix and look for it, see if it looks familiar. That would be a great touch.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!