Andrea Vs. Daryl Choice To Leave Group

Andrea Daryl Woodbury Dixon Brothers

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
While the group were commenting on Daryl’s choice of "Merle over them" they were shocked “after everything we’ve been through” angry “I’m pissed he left” and almost a disdain for Daryl having chosen his brother over the group.
When the group learned Andrea was with the Guv. the group were surprised but I didn’t get the feeling they were angry with Andrea for not choosing to return to the group after seeing Daryl. Andrea has been in Woodbury 2 weeks? I’m gauging time based on when the group found the prison and Judith was born. Perhaps Andrea wants to “save” the community of Woodbury so badly she chose to stay I don’t know.
I have to wonder if most group members are upset with Daryl because they’ve lost a good fighter at a time when they need numbers.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
I think after seven months of believing that Andrea is dead they don't really care about her anymore. Kind of like the viewers.

Kyle

Kyle

Infected

• Members
I am confident that Daryl will return as I don't fault him for picking his brother over the group because afterall Merle is his brother. Daryl and Merle if they were to stay out together probably have the best chance of survival out in the open without the cover of the prison. The downside is there are only two of them, so a large group of walkers or an incident like in season 2 with Daryl getting injuried can really put them in a situation.
I have to say that Andrea is starting to piss me off! She sees the Gov. is bad and is off his rocker on a power trip. Yet, she still hangs around after seeing Daryl. I agree she probably feels she can help the people of Woodbury but they are a massive group of "sheep" and will listen to whatever a leader tells them. The people of Woodbury are the same people that love the walker/people fights and chant death to whatever the Gov. tells them what happened.
The people of Woodbury are trying to have a normal life, but what is all this violence in their lives and for their children. I realize we live in a violent society already but these people of Woodbury are a little extreme especially since most of them are in denial of the outside of Woodbury's walls.

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members
I think its a bit early to jump to conclusions. It looked like Andrea was looking for Daryl in all the chaos but he ran away with Merle before she could find him. At that point and still now I believe she doesn't know where they are. Also even if it was mentioned they were at the prison, she most likely doesn't know where that is.

The writers didn't go into it much at all but the feeling I got when Merle was speaking of the Gov and Andrea was either Andrea was being deceived by him or that she was so caught up with it she wouldn't be much help to them now. Rick & Co haven't discussed Andrea being in Woodbury really and the implications of that (Rick only questioned Michonne knowing her). So it will be interesting to see how that plays out. It seems like Andrea would make herself the peacemaker between the two groups but we all know that isn't going to work out. I have a feeling Andrea is going to be caught in the middle but more of Rick & Co. and the people of Woodbury rather than the Gov. The people of Woodbury are like sheep, however in Rick's perspective they are all probably in on it with the Gov so I could see Andrea taking it on herself to protect them from Rick's retaliation. I have mixed feelings about that if its how it plays out because I know it probably wont be executed as well as it needs to be.

I think the only one really mad at Daryl is Glenn, however that seemed more like a hurt mad than an angry mad. He will get over it. They all knew Daryl was stuck between a rock and a hard place on what to do, but it wasn't worth the risk to them to take in Merle.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
Difference between Andrea and Daryl is forceful separation and willing departure.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

socitycourty

socitycourty

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNorthern California
I think because Andrea has already been gone and they assumed she was dead, just like PP said.

Darryl was really a huge part of their group by this time. He was doing a lot for them and they realized once he's gone, everything will be different...

I do think they were shocked to hear that she's in a relationship with the Gov though

Grénádé

Grénádé

Lurker

• Members
I don't think Andrea knew until after the Daryl rescue that more people she knew were involved. As far as she knows at the time of the brother death match it was just Daryl and didn't find out about Glenn and Maggie until after they left.

babyMOMMAdrama

babyMOMMAdrama

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania
Andrea never made a choice to leave the group. I don't understand why people expect Andrea to leave Woodbury. She is in a relatively safe community with other people, supplies, and weapons. She hasn't had an opportunity to speak to any of the former group and likely has no idea where they are or how to get to them. Why would she go out on her own? That is suicide.

*Side note: She annoys the hell out of me. And that speech made me cringe.

tumblr_m1rp5h24o21qkfmjl.gif

Chaos

Chaos

Infected

• Members
Andrea went missing and its not clear that she made a choice nor was there any discussion of that. Daryl had reamined an active vital part of the group. Plus Andrea is annoying.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
I thinkthe group was more shocked that Andrea was even still alive I think they had written her off as dead. But this little bit of info made it look worse for Michonne as Rick asked her did she know Andrea. It was clear she did and she didn't say anything to them. This probably added to Rick's decision not to let Michonne stay. Rick just can't have anyone he can't trust there with them. As for Michonne, she probably didn't tell them because her sole purpose of going back to Woodbury was to kill the Guv, she didn't want the group trying to find Andrea too because she was probably using them as a distraction which almost worked. Daryl's choice of leaving was more shocking because they thought Daryl was apart of their family and that they needed him. They even went back to rescue him and he still left. You could see the strain on Rick's face as he tried to find another way, but Rick knows he can't let Merle back into the group. That could have been part of Rick's breaking point. He had been relying on Daryl more and more and having him take some of the leadership burden was probably helpful. Now that he's gone, it could have exaserbated the situation and Rick went a little coocoo.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

MandyB

MandyB

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA
I think Andrea was completely in shock that Daryl was in Woodbury, and his life was in danger. She didn't realize that the whole group was there until the Gov. told her that later. So she hasn't really had the option to choose sides. I don't think Daryl had much of a choice if Rick wouldn't take Merle into the group. He couldn't have just left Merle to fend for himself. And if Merle was left to fend for himself he is more of a threat to the group anyway since he knows where they are. I think Daryl did what he had to do.

CrackFox

CrackFox

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEngland
To be honest I think it comes down to poor writing in some situations. I was shocked at the lack of surprise/emotion displayed by the group when they heard Andrea was still alive and seemingly, now sleeping with the enemy. I mean they didn't show any emotion when they found out that Andrea was left behind. The only person who even questions anything to do with her is Glenn. To be honest I think the groups reaction to Daryl leaving was extremely lackluster as well. Rick didn't seem to care much and Glenn was just angry. The only person who seemed to give a damn was Carol. The writing sometimes is really poor, you're either a group who cares deeply about eachother or you couldn't give two hoots. Decide and stick to one.

Also ridiculous is the way Rick has reacted to Lori dying, when every other character who have lost theit wife or even child (Sophia) seemed to get over it in a 5th of the time. Not realistic. I blame Mazarra.

DJ_HYDRAulics

DJ_HYDRAulics

S-mart Employee

• Banned

To be honest I think it comes down to poor writing in some situations. I was shocked at the lack of surprise/emotion displayed by the group when they heard Andrea was still alive and seemingly, now sleeping with the enemy. I mean they didn't show any emotion when they found out that Andrea was left behind. The only person who even questions anything to do with her is Glenn. To be honest I think the groups reaction to Daryl leaving was extremely lackluster as well. Rick didn't seem to care much and Glenn was just angry. The only person who seemed to give a damn was Carol. The writing sometimes is really poor, you're either a group who cares deeply about eachother or you couldn't give two hoots. Decide and stick to one.

Also ridiculous is the way Rick has reacted to Lori dying, when every other character who have lost theit wife or even child (Sophia) seemed to get over it in a 5th of the time. Not realistic. I blame Mazarra.

^Plus 1000
*proceeds to go make 999 more accounts*

TangoJ

TangoJ

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNortheast Texas

Andrea went missing and its not clear that she made a choice nor was there any discussion of that. Daryl had reamined an active vital part of the group. Plus Andrea is annoying.

Andrea didn't "go missing", she was left behind. Kind of hard to be angry at someone you abandoned for not giving up shelter and relative safety to rush back to your side, isn't it?

But yeah, she's getting really annoying in almost every other way. I really liked her character in Seasons 1 and 2, but now, not so much.
"Yeah, well, it could be a flower."

Lola15

Lola15

Infected

• Members
Andrea leaving, was a prayer answered by the zombie gods. Like someone said they thought she was dead and didn't think much of it because she was just getting in the way. Daryl has to come back, he's either going to figure in that his brother is just pure evil or Meryl will just get bit and won't be saved. Either way lets hope Andrea never comes back but she does figure out that she's an idiot trusting the wrong people the entire time.

WalkerBaitGlenn

WalkerBaitGlenn

Infected

• Members
Any chance Andrea could be like Martienez in the comics?

GoKillZombies

GoKillZombies

Lurker

• Members
Also Andrea talked about leaving the group a couple of times in the past..once at the farm and once before that. They didnt come to expect much loyalty from her. And she pissed off Maggie, Lori, and probably a few others when she supported Beths right to suicide. Allt that plus the months that have passed equals a pretty fair assumption shes not too attached to the group.

babyMOMMAdrama

babyMOMMAdrama

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania

Rick's reaction to Lori's death isn't so much in the fact that she died. Its that he ignored and pretty much loathed her up until her death. All the other people most likely unconditionally loved their spouses, children, family when they were taken from them. Rick's descent into madness has to do with his guilt and shame for the way he behaved and how their relationship ended.

So Rick is subconciously trying to obtain forgiveness and get some closure with the loss of his wife. So thats why you have these visions and voices.

But I do hope it ends soon. Either with him finding peace of becoming a full on lunatic.

tumblr_m1rp5h24o21qkfmjl.gif

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!