Beth's Fate ( Comic Spoilers )

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Dr. Zed

Dr. Zed

Infected

• Members
  • 49 posts
Does anyone else think Beth could end up like Carol in the comics?

NoZombieNoCry

NoZombieNoCry

Lurker

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • LocationMordor
She got to many lineas suddenly.... thats usually a bad sign. :(
Not a native speaker, be patient.

zomnipotent

zomnipotent

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Locationomnipresent
Almost seems like Beth it's taking on a surrogate role to Judith not sure they would go down a Rick-Beth romance, but I could see Beth being a bit smitten and being a Rick supporter no matter what. like siding with Rick instead of Herschel on disagreements. I do worry for her considering she has doubled her lines for the series

Edited by zomnipotent, 11 February 2013 - 01:46 PM.

IMG 2014033148576

Austin

Austin

Lurker

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
You know what would be cool, if she turned into a Carl. (So innocent when we first met him, now he's running around with a gun)

kataurmayor

kataurmayor

Lurker

• Members
  • 309 posts
I wouldntsay carols fate in the comics. I'm thinking she might take loris fate. Once I saw that judith was most comfortable with beth I had a vision of beth getting lori'd. Pure spec of course just sayin...

mdearth70

mdearth70

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 126 posts
Watching the marathon I noticed that Beth did get quite a lot of lines and screen time. We just didn't notice because she wasn't front and center of the story.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Does anyone else think Beth could end up like Carol in the comics?

I had this exact same thought after the episode last night...

Posted Image

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members
  • 877 posts
I think that if they choose to kill Beth off during the prison arc, her fate will resemble the fate of Lori in the comic, as she has taken on a motherly role with Judith. Her death would likely impact Carl in a big way.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Roamer

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania
She'll probably go down in a way mirroring comic-Lori with Hershel trailing along with her, a la Billy.
Of course, I'd love to see her survive and become a complete badass just like Carl. A lot of great things could be done with Beth and maybe they're finally trying to do some of them. Or maybe they're just preparing to kill her...
Posted Image

shanewalker

shanewalker

Infected

• Members
  • 28 posts

I wouldntsay carols fate in the comics. I'm thinking she might take loris fate. Once I saw that judith was most comfortable with beth I had a vision of beth getting lori'd. Pure spec of course just sayin...

I agree, I see her more of with Lori's comic fate rather than Carol's...

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • LocationFlorida
No.. she'll step up and be the new Daryl. LOL

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

CrystalBabyGrimm

CrystalBabyGrimm

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationMichigan

I was thinking the same thing.
Posted Image
"One more thing......he was an organ donor".

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationRick Grimes

She got to many lineas suddenly.... thats usually a bad sign. :(

Yup. She got way too much screen time for my comfort and bonded with way too many characters. Beth is on her way to Deathville.

I wouldntsay carols fate in the comics. I'm thinking she might take loris fate.

This.

The brilliant thing about the end of the prison arc in the comics is that Rick and Carl are so devastated and emotionally crippled by their loss. Since Lori already died on the show, obviously the end of the prison storyline on the show wouldn't have much of an impact on Rick. Or Carl.

But if both Beth and Judy die, it would affect both Carl and Rick and send them on on a mad spiral like in the comics. Especially since Rick can't seem to bond with Judith. In the comics Judith takes to him and he's able to be a good daddy to her. On the show, he can't connect with her. So losing her and the added guilt of feeling like a failure as a father, as well as feeling like he failed Lori for not being able to keep Judith alive, would be a great way to end the prison arc for Rick.

As for Carl, he has a massive crush on Beth and is really protective of Judith. So I think both Beth and Judy dying would be awesome for the development of Rick and Carl and also further complicate their relationship.

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 187 posts
i am hoping that the writers for this show have better skills than to just take a character from the tv show, and give them the death of a different character from the comics and think that's "being different".

etphoto

etphoto

Roamer

• Members
  • 459 posts
I think the show needs a Beth, someone to take care of the baby off camera while the others do the acting. She only got more lines in the last eposide so the viewers realized who was caring for the baby while everything else was going on.

How old is Beth? Someone mentioned a possible Rick / Beth romance. I thought she was maybe a little older than Carl.

RickyG

RickyG

Infected

• Members
  • 17 posts
I also think that Beth will die like Lori. Mainly because they show her holding the baby so much.

It's either gonna be her or Carol that goes out that way.

michaelmyers

michaelmyers

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationLouisville Ky
I've heard a few people reference a Beth/Rick romance which I find very disturbing. Now call me old fashioned but as a mom of a teenager it's disturbing. Beth is only 17 and Rick has to be in his 30's I'd guess. Carl is 12. There should NOT be a relationship with Beth and ANYONE in that group honestly, she's not close in age to anyone except possibly that new kid they've brought on board...but certainly NOT Rick. As to the deaths I can't speak to the comparison to the comics because I have not read them. I don't however, feel like someone HAS to die to make this show a good show. With that being said yes I do understand it is an 'end of the world' t.v. show, however, killing off the main characters constantly does not make people want to keep watching. You can't turn over your entire cast and expect people to come back every season with fresh faces and expect us to bond with them. I hope they don't kill off more characters this season honestly. Kill off the Woodbury folks who cares but our little group I'd like to see them make it through this season.

DaltonioSpidey94

DaltonioSpidey94

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • LocationOhio
I hope not, I love Beth!

Posted Image

TWDead Fan

TWDead Fan

Infected

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationCell block C
I hope she doesn't get killed off. I am glad we got her this long. I figured that she would take Rachel/Susie route from the comics but I am glad about that but I could see Beth taking Lori's comic death or possibly even
Spoiler

I hope not, I love Beth!

I agree. Beth is my 2nd Fav, bcuz to me she is the only innocence left in the group other than judith who kinda caused lori's death so beth is the only one lol.
Posted Image

Gingerbeard

Gingerbeard

Roamer

• Members
  • 462 posts

Beth is only 17 and Rick has to be in his 30's I'd guess. Carl is 12. There should NOT be a relationship with Beth and ANYONE in that group honestly

Come on man. Haven't you ever seen Star Wars? Anakin was 9 and Padme was 14. SAME DIFFERENCE IN AGE! And they made Luke Skywalker! LUKE SKYWALKER! Need I say more? :smiley-confused002:

youcantkillme

youcantkillme

Infected

• Members
  • 11 posts
havent read past the prison in the comics. im going to infer from what i read that theres a romance i dont know about though.

beth will die soon. she is a total redshirt. might play out some romance with carl and help him become more cold and callous by dying...but i dont see a place for her in that world. her death, that could lead to some good stories though.

CreepMeOut

CreepMeOut

Roamer

• Members
  • 533 posts
  • LocationToronto
I agree with the others who believe that Beth's fate lies like Lori's in the comics. I can totally see them going this route because in a way having Beth die along with baby Judith can potentially be an even more tragic than Lori's death by the the number of characters who would be deeply affected by this. It would a devastating end to this season for Rick, Carl, Maggie and Hershel.

Singlyme

Singlyme

Roamer

• Members
  • 702 posts
  • LocationPA
I haven't read the comics. In reading that you expect Beth to take Lori's comic place, it explains something to me. I kept wondering why it wasn't motherly Carol who assumed baby duty. Now, I'm thinking that the writers aren't ready to kill her off.

It seems strange to me that so many jumped on Axel for "coming on" to Beth but see nothing wrong in a relationship between her and Carl. At their respective ages, a five-year gap would exclude romance. Carl may have a crush, but Beth responding to it? I must admit, however, that I find her somewhat childlike in voice and demeanor.

And while tragic, the death of baby Judith is necessary if they're going on the run again. I can't imagine the tedium in someone having to keep the baby quiet on every episode.

justvic77

justvic77

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,148 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN
I can see Beth going out like Lori did in the comics. If they continue with perhaps an unrequited romance between Carl and Beth, they would have the added bonus of Carl losing his crush on top of his sister. The timing of it though is definitely tied in with how long they decide to stay at the prison. There's ALOT of story they can draw from if they wanted to in the comics, and the title of the finale being "Welcome to the Tombs" (with the Tombs being what they call the passageways throughout the prison) doesn't particularly lend itself to leaving the prison.
Kesrio syt bantis zōbrie issa se ossȳngnoti lēdys.
Nid aur yw popeth melyn.

Zeffiro

Zeffiro

Infected

• Members
  • 26 posts
I could kinda see Beth going down a-la-Lori...but I also think they could have swapped her role with comic-Sofia, with the Carl thing being there it could make sense.

I also think Judith should go, though, so another character has to go as well...enter Carol, even though I'm not sure about that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!