The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 9 - The Suicide King - Review

the walking dead season 3 daryl merle the governor rick the prison woodbury

The Walking Dead Midseason Premiere - The Suicide King (211 )

What did you think of the show?

1. Excellent (90 [42.65%] - )

42.65%

2. Good - Some Critiques (84 [39.81%] - )

39.81%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (32 [15.17%] - )

15.17%

4. Poor (5 [2.37%] - )

2.37%

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationcuffed to a roof

#2: The actress playing Beth is playing a 15 year old girl. The kiss was a thanks, you're reading into it because the actress portrayed her as a 15 year old girl doing it. That makes her a good actress. I'm sure you know 15 year old girls that don't generate that vibe. With you. Think it through, Copernicus.

Oh yeah, and as for Beth, Maggie's hotter. She's not trying to bone everyone here. If she's being a little sweeter saying thanks then trust me...as Bruce Willis said in Armageddon: "It's not a choice, it's a lack of options."

Before you try to tell people to think things through about a character you might want to know about the character. Beth is not 15 it's been said she's seventeen and with the passage of time more likely eighteen. Maggie's hotter? Amazing how people in glass houses throw stones.

The closest actor to my age is Emily Kinney, the closest character to my age is Beth. I prefer blondes and have no intrest checking out Andrea since she's almost twice my age.

Beth is a great character and Emily Kinney is not only drop dead gorgeous but also an amazing actor. Her character has developed dramaticly with next to no screen time. She's gone from selfishly wanting to kill her self to being a productive member of the group. She kills walkers, takes care of Judith, makes food and does laundry. All this development without being jammed down everyone throat like Andrea is.

That takes talent as an actor and she shined bright in this weeks episode.

Stan

Stan

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationChicago area

Maggie isn't real. She is a TV character.

Okay...everybody step back a little now...let's not be crazy here or nuthin...
"Step it up to Red Alert!"
"Are you absolutely sure, Sir? It does require changing the lightbulb."

Stan

Stan

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationChicago area
Beth's character is not weak, but the fact her age is around 3 years older doesn't mean everything she does around men MUST be suggestive. That would be the Camp Crystal Lake version of TWD. Women have more dimensions than the physical one.

If you truly believe in that, reduce your loved one to that caricature and let her know it...then let me know how that works out for you.

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members
The only time I've said Beth should hook up with someone was a joke and it wasn't a man. Maybe you should stop reducing everyone to what you think we're saying............. then let me know how that works out for you.

Luke Ass

Luke Ass

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBristol, Rhode Island
I said some shit about daryl and then I realized there's a " of Daryl died would you stop watching" section so I moved it
Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky....

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
If I may weigh in for a second on the whole beth thing....its a show. Pretty simple really. Its a show.

Now this coming from me...the largest wd fan I know. Its a show...I see no reason to get all worked up and attack someone over a show.

Its a show.

Timbersnake

Timbersnake

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationColumbia Tn

Watched it a few times and it looks like she had line of sight on The Guvna' from her position at the dumpster. It's just becoming more and more comical that the first threat she goes for after zed is the little girl with the uzi.

Also, there is a funny moment when the smoke grenade is flying through the air and The Guvna' is just watching it and it lands next to him and he is like "hmph."

Yep, he also had flash grenades exploding around him and it does not bother his super eye.

Stan

Stan

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationChicago area
Responding to you, Hero. If you're questioning what I'm saying about a character's character (<-say THAT one 5x fast) by denouncing what is said, and I was in fact defending both the character's actions as non-romantic as well as the actresses chops, telling me I need to know more about what I'm saying kinda implies you don't agree. The basis of your arguement, as written, was that I could not be correct because she was a few years older than I wrote.

I have no idea for sure where glass houses come into play, but I'm willing to go out on a limb and be forthright in saying if Maggie was in there I'd cast stone alright...but only after I'd ordered replacement mirrors. Just how I roll.

Andrea is NOT old! NOTNOTNOT!!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead and reply, I'll get back to YOU after Matlock...

Before you try to tell people to think things through about a character you might want to know about the character. Beth is not 15 it's been said she's seventeen and with the passage of time more likely eighteen. Maggie's hotter? Amazing how people in glass houses throw stones.

The closest actor to my age is Emily Kinney, the closest character to my age is Beth. I prefer blondes and have no intrest checking out Andrea since she's almost twice my age.

Beth is a great character and Emily Kinney is not only drop dead gorgeous but also an amazing actor. Her character has developed dramaticly with next to no screen time. She's gone from selfishly wanting to kill her self to being a productive member of the group. She kills walkers, takes care of Judith, makes food and does laundry. All this development without being jammed down everyone throat like Andrea is.

That takes talent as an actor and she shined bright in this weeks episode.

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
As the mid season opener, I was expecting more (the whole Lori thing ruined it for me) BUT as a middle of the season episode (9-16), it holds its own. Not bad, not all that good, but a fair episode

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ
Also, I'm calling it now, Andrea, dies at the end of this season with the Governor

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

shrike

shrike

Roamer

• Members
In the scene with Axel Beth said she was 17. So she's 17!

If anyone complains this episode was slow, remember Nebraska from last year was relatively slow too

DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSan Diego

Okay...everybody step back a little now...let's not be crazy here or nuthin...

I spit my drink out on that one. Hahaha.

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members

Responding to you, Hero. If you're questioning what I'm saying about a character's character (<-say THAT one 5x fast) by denouncing what is said, and I was in fact defending both the character's actions as non-romantic as well as the actresses chops, telling me I need to know more about what I'm saying kinda implies you don't agree. The basis of your arguement, as written, was that I could not be correct because she was a few years older than I wrote.

I have no idea for sure where glass houses come into play, but I'm willing to go out on a limb and be forthright in saying if Maggie was in there I'd cast stone alright...but only after I'd ordered replacement mirrors. Just how I roll.

Andrea is NOT old! NOTNOTNOT!!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead and reply, I'll get back to YOU after Matlock...

Reply? Don't mind if I do. I said you were wrong about her age because........ well let's face it you were. Glass houses come into play when you say don't view Beth as sexual character and proceed to say Maggie is hot. Double standard much? I didn't call Andrea old I said she's almost twice my age, that's just a fact.

I didn't attack what you said or anything like that. I didn't pretend like I'm the only one with something smart to say and I didn't have to try and be a smart ass to do it. I corrected where you were wrong and then said what I thought on the issue.

You may now continue try to be cool like your last three posts have shown. Boy you're just so awesome and have really shown me who's boss. To bad it took you two post to do it.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Well some of us live in the real world and some of us must sit on high horses and finger point at others. If people got really nit picky about it the age of consent in GA is 16. So ZA or not all the people whining can suck it it'd be totally legal for any person on the show to go after her. Plus those laws don't exist anymore in the first place but whatever.

However you're totally right about knowing her real age. Everyone does and yet the people who say she is hot are still called pedophiles. I have been called that a few times for saying she's hot........... the massive problem in the logic of this is that she is older than me.

And God forbid you joke around about it.

Screaming "pedophile!" is just a sneaky tactic used by jealous females to make us shut up about Beth. For my part, I've said all I needed to say about her anyway... for now.

In fairness, I got sick of horny fan girls talking about Shane. So on the one hand, I feel their pain. On the other hand it's hard to resist the chance for pay back. :dumb:

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
Okay guys, let's refrain from getting personal and get back to the reviews of the episode. :zombiethumbsup:

For those that want to see the episode again, I just noticed that AMC has it available on their site.

brain baker

brain baker

Biter

• Members

Okay guys, let's refrain from getting personal and get back to the reviews of the episode. :zombiethumbsup:

For those that want to see the episode again, I just noticed that AMC has it available on their site.

I'm sorry. I thought the episode rocked because it gave people who are always pushed into the back time to shine. I just think they're taking Rick a little to far with the crazy.

I thought The Gov pulling away from the people of Woodbury was a nice touch. Alan and Ben thinking of trying to take the prison was a smart way to come at those characters. I feel like they normally wouldn't be that way but their greif from losing Donna has their judgement clouded. Tyreese's reaction of shock is what I am basing that off of but who really knows.

The only problem I have is I don't think Rick would be crazy enough to throw away basically all his strength. Daryl, Merle, Michonne, Tyreese and his group are all being tossed out. He needs that, true it would be a ton of tension but without them will there even be a group left?

Drunktard

Drunktard

S-mart Employee

• Members
I've just rewatched and noticed something that I didnt before.
At woodbury after the smokebombs went off Andrea was yelling for Daryl, it almost seemed to me like she was trying to follow him and rejoin with the group. Thats when she found Hailey's body, maybe she's changed her mind then? Maybe she thought her group has changed after she's seen them killing a little girl?

Stan

Stan

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationChicago area

SO NOT FAIR!

WAHHHH!

I think Andrea is trying to make sense of New Group mentality (Ricktatorship started after she was gone) and what happened to them that they'd attack Mayberry and her gentle sheriff. She didn't know about Glenn being there at all, so Daryl showing up probably tripped her circuit breaker.

SteadyEddie

SteadyEddie

Roamer

• Members

Why is it every time there's a down time (non zombie appearance) ppl would think it's a filler?? Drama and character development are the best parts of the show.

Agree 100 percent. How badly would this show suck if it was just constant human vs. zombie? The reason this show is popular is because we care about the characters. Love 'em, or hate 'em. Everybody is hating on Andrea and before, Lori ... GOOD. That means that the writers and the actors are doing their jobs.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

And not all want the same, so get over yourself.

Which is why I said "most". Thought that was perfectly clear.

mr teaspoon

mr teaspoon

Roamer

• Members

Agree 100 percent. How badly would this show suck if it was just constant human vs. zombie?

Alright, I'm officially snapping:

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I've literally never seen a single person on the internet complaining that the show needs less character moments for the sake of more action scenes. For god's sake, most of the great zombie movies are character-driven. It's extremely unlikely that anybody would approach the show as a fan of zombie fiction who has little tolerance for characters. AND even if there were, we're on season 3, dude. The few people who really did have that problem with the show realized halfway through season 2 that this show is not for them.

You are mistaking criticism of the quality of the writing with 'hur dur, ppl talk too much'. I mentioned this in another thread, but pay attention, here's an example:

Remember that scene in season 1 with Amy and Andrea fishing? Yeah, that was really, really terrible. Not because there needed to be more gunfire. Not because it was two people just talking. Because the dialogue is unbearably awful.

Obviously you're free to disagree, but for Christ's sake, at least understand the opinion you're disagreeing with.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Agree 100 percent. How badly would this show suck if it was just constant human vs. zombie? The reason this show is popular is because we care about the characters.

I dunno. I know why I watch, but I am unclear on whether the characters or the zombies are the main reason for the show's popularity. How many other zombie shows are out there? There are tons of character-driven shows.

Love 'em, or hate 'em. Everybody is hating on Andrea and before, Lori ... GOOD. That means that the writers and the actors are doing their jobs.

But, but...I am hating on the writers.

I've just rewatched and noticed something that I didnt before.
At woodbury after the smokebombs went off Andrea was yelling for Daryl, it almost seemed to me like she was trying to follow him and rejoin with the group. Thats when she found Hailey's body, maybe she's changed her mind then? Maybe she thought her group has changed after she's seen them killing a little girl?

Haley was a 'little girl' to you?

Screaming "pedophile!" is just a sneaky tactic used by jealous females to make us shut up about Beth. For my part, I've said all I needed to say about her anyway... for now.

In fairness, I got sick of horny fan girls talking about Shane. So on the one hand, I feel their pain. On the other hand it's hard to resist the chance for pay back. :dumb:

True, but you might want to read the winds here to see if it is wise.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Again, as a woman, who has women friends and women relatives, not many women want that type of man. The only women I know who like that type of man aren't women at all; they are mentally little girls who haven't grown up, despite what their age is according to the calendar.

If they are female humans of the age of majority, then they are women. Regardless of what you think of their choices.

Also, keep in mind that these women you know are not living in a ZA. As I said, that changes what women will look for in a man. Lumber jacks would be far more valuable than lawyers and accountants.

mr teaspoon

mr teaspoon

Roamer

• Members

If they are female humans of the age of majority, then they are women. Regardless of what you think of their choices.

Mmm, no. They're 15 year olds with 15 year old brains. Do I really need to break out the science?

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Mmm, no. They're 15 year olds with 15 year old brains. Do I really need to break out the science?

Go ahead, but you might want to read the post I was replying to, and the definition of "age of majority"

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!