The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Trailer (With Reviews)

walking dead survival instinct

M-88

M-88

Infected

• Members
What if the game universe is so large that they had to scale down on the graphics to get everything to fit on the disc?

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

What if the game universe is so large that they had to scale down on the graphics to get everything to fit on the disc?

Use two discs like Mass Effect 1 and 2 did. But that's really just a DVD/Xbox360 only issue. Blu-ray for the Playstation would've been able to fit it all in one disc. You'd also need two for the PC, but you'd only need one disc to play, no need for swapping. So I don't see any reason for it to look as shitty as it does.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen
A few more screen captures, I found here. IMO these are indeed an improvement on the earliest ones that I saw. The one concern I have is with the facial animations (Merle's face is kinda goofy). But not horrendous.

'';

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
Merle looks like an exceptional individual.

whatlez

whatlez

Infected

• Members
  • LocationTWD Prison
Looking forward to the game. Anything to do with The Walking Dead is fine with me.

Add a game around Daryl and Merle and nothing can be better.

Daryl, Merle - That's all you need.

Coarse Limely

Coarse Limely

Infected

• Members
Hmm, I wonder if they've done anything interesting with the Wii U pad for that version of this game, or if you'll just be able to play the game on the smaller screen.

whatlez

whatlez

Infected

• Members
  • LocationTWD Prison

Hmm, I wonder if they've done anything interesting with the Wii U pad for that version of this game, or if you'll just be able to play the game on the smaller screen.

They scraped it for production in Australia, so I will not find out :(

Daryl, Merle - That's all you need.

WalkerJames

WalkerJames

Roamer

• Members
Isnt Merle's face goofy in the TV series?

Mozza810

Mozza810

Infected

• Members
Sorry but I think your stuck with Daryl and Merle, but I guess they could add clothes customisation but I wouldn't see the point.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Isnt Merle's face goofy in the TV series?

Truth. :zombiethumbsup:

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

WalkerJames

WalkerJames

Roamer

• Members
New trailer, sort of...

http://gamingbolt.co...-with-tv-actors

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy

New trailer, sort of...

http://gamingbolt.co...-with-tv-actors

That was cool man, thanks.

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
Here's the vid from youtube -

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
After seeing that video, I agree with Norman - it's not just a 'point and shoot' game...

WalkerJames

WalkerJames

Roamer

• Members
I think I am looking forward to it now. It looks better than I expected....

Ncky1988

Ncky1988

S-mart Employee

• Members
Walking Dead takes over twitter:

Ncky1988

Ncky1988

S-mart Employee

• Members

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
I'll say the same thing every time we discuss this game: not impress. And that ''reveal' of Merle at the end? He looks absolutely ridiculous.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen
Yeah I'm gonna check it out. I don't rely on reviews anymore because to me video games are supposed to be fun first and foremost. Reviewers these days of tend to favor games that take themselves way too seriously IMO. Grand Theft Auto IV was the first such game that I remember, where "realism" and "video games as art" became a top priority for critics but frankly I could care less.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Yeah I'm gonna check it out. I don't rely on reviews anymore because to me video games are supposed to be fun first and foremost. Reviewers these days of tend to favor games that take themselves way too seriously IMO. Grand Theft Auto IV was the first such game that I remember, where "realism" and "video games as art" became a top priority for critics but frankly I could care less.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Plus sometimes it's fun playing a game where it's not some HUGE world where you spend 300 hours gaming. Yes Skyrim I'm looking at you.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members

Plus sometimes it's fun playing a game where it's not some HUGE world where you spend 300 hours gaming. Yes Skyrim I'm looking at you.

This is not that kinda game, sorry to say. What I've seen in gameplay videos this is a cheap, lazy cash-in with a five hour campaign. And to top it off they rehash maps when you make 'random stops' to give you the impression that there's more to this game than there actually is.

The AI doesn't seem to work for crap and the whole 'this is no FPS' stuff Norman has been feeding us is just not true. Once you get your hands on a rifle you can throw stealth out of the window and 'Call of Duty' your way through the walkers. I posted a video about it in this thread: http://www.roamersan...vival-instinct/

It's the ending though, so if you don't want this 'story' spoiled, don't watch it.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
Wait, what? FIVE hours of game play? Where did you hear that? I'd finish that in an afternoon!

At Risk

At Risk

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn a near-constant state of confusion
Can't speak for the game yet, but Gamestop gave me this zombie-ear keychain to go with it? Taaaack~y.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members

Wait, what? FIVE hours of game play? Where did you hear that? I'd finish that in an afternoon!

Reading reviews does have its advantages, like telling you how much you can get out of a game. Five and a half hours, apparently.

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
The game made a few references to characters, for example Andrea and Amy's names were hinted at by a man named Terry Harrison, he said they were his daughters. Candace Jenner (Jenner's wife or whatever) is mentioned being evacuated by a helicopter (ties into Season 1 when Jenner said that she let him use her as a test subject).

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!