What Is Your Most Emotional Scene Of The Series?

- - - - - Rickcarl andrea amy herchel death shane lori morgan

Most emotional scene of the series so far (126 )

Which scene did you tear up to most?

1. Rick reunites with Carl & Lori (15 [11.90%] - )

11.90%

2. Amy's death & Andrea's reaction (8 [6.35%] - )

6.35%

3. Leaving Jim behind (3 [2.38%] - )

2.38%

4. Sophia's discovery & death (22 [17.46%] - )

17.46%

5. Shane's death (4 [3.17%] - )

3.17%

6. Herchell surviving his amputation/bite (3 [2.38%] - )

2.38%

7. Lori's death & Rick/Carl's reaction (57 [45.24%] - )

45.24%

8. Dale's death (5 [3.97%] - )

3.97%

9. T Dog's heroic death (3 [2.38%] - )

2.38%

10. Morgan's reluctancy to shoot his wife (6 [4.76%] - )

4.76%

daenerys

daenerys

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationNew Zealand
I commend you on your poll options, Jaypb8. You managed to name all 3 of my top moments (Sophia, Morgan, Jim) so it was hard to choose. In the end I voted Sophia.

_Shrike_

_Shrike_

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationa creepy basement
At the risk of being mainstream, I'll say rick's reaction to lori's death.
It was so intense, but the same time so damn embarassing for rick to start crying so bad in front of carl that it almost shocked me.

wyrd

wyrd

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationSevilla
I think I re-watched the discovery-of-Sophia-in-the-barn scene more than 20 times, and it still gets me. Those 5 minutes are amazing, with Herschel crying, Shane shouting, Rick trying to do something but stuck with the roamer in his hands, Sophia going down at the end... incredible.
Make love not war!

joshuakilpatrickl

joshuakilpatrickl

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNorth Carolina
Rick killing Shane, the moon in the background and music does it in.

CreepMeOut

CreepMeOut

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationToronto

My favorite emotional scene was not a choice. It was the scene in the prison immediately after Carol was found alive by Daryl. Rick and Carol hug each other. Carol is so joyful until she realizes that Lori is dead and Rick break down while they both grieve over Lori's death. Daryl is in the background of the scene, happy that Carol is alive but feeling their pain. The whole crew is around and they are all joyful about Carol but still mourning Lori. Michonne watches the scene from the outer corridor and that scene showed that she was looking at a group of people who cared about each other. That scene represents TWD to me, the human element, their feelings for each other and the bonds that have been forged at their campsites, CDC, the farm, their long winter, and taking the prison.

Yes! I voted Sophia's death but to me this was the most heart warming moment in the series and should have been included with the other options listed. It was a very bittersweet moment for Carol. Being reunited with the group , joyous over seeing the baby for the first time then realizing Lori is dead seemed alot to absorb. Both Melissa McBride and Andrew Lincoln acted that scene out perfectly. I really hope some of the actors on TWD get some more recognition this year with emmy nominations.

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
I mean its not the most emotional but i deff think morgan when he has trouble shooting his wife. The actor did such a good job acting out the pain and trouble of shooting her. It really touched me that the love he had for her. Such a good first episode

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand
Lori and Carl's scene was heartbreaking. It made me cry twice and Tv shows or movies never do that. Especially with the flashback of rick and Carl. The scene was also beautifully performed by Sarah, I have to commend her as an actress because she saved her best scene for last.

I didn't find Ricks reaction to be believable but maybe its because Sarah and chandler both had their best performances in the series.

I also have to mention that Andrea and Amy's scene were runner up for me. I have two younger siblings so I couldn't imagine what Andrea went through and her reaction was very sad.

Dale and Sophia's scene were also very sad

scarylala

scarylala

Roamer

• Members
  • Locationin the back of a van somewhere....
weirdly enough it was leaving Jim behind. i didnt cry i just felt sad cause he was left alone to die in pain and they were so close to the CDC. :2206_mourning_over_dead_friend:
you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
This thread has been around a while and always ignored it because I'm kinda dead inside (I think) and while there's been some sad moments, nothing's really made me really emotional. I've always been like, "whatever, they have it worse in the comics, I already saw this coming, meh."

I'm kinda posting on behalf of my sister, I guess. My sister simply CANNOT watch Amy's death scene. She REFUSES to. I call her out on it all the time, and I was teasing her about it recently and she finally kinda snapped and told me I can't sympathize because I don't know what it's like to be a big sister. She said being a big sister is like being a mother, and she can't stand watching Amy's death scene because when she watched it the first time all she kept thinking about was losing me, and it felt like she was losing a daughter.

Talk about a fucking punch to the chest.

So I went back and re-watched that scene, trying to see it from my sister's point of view and ugh. FUCK THAT SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst part is when Amy dies, Andrea starts shaking her because she thinks that shaking her will somehow bring Amy back to life. Like she thinks Amy just needs to snap out of it, stop being a brat, and start breathing again.

And now nothing is beautiful and everything HURTS.

I think what makes it worse is that Andrea never got the chance to say goodbye. Lori got her death monologue, she got to say goodbye, T-Dog got to live for a while, so did Jim, and while Sophia stumbling out of the barn was sad, the writers dragged it out for too long and Carol's reaction was more dramatic than intimate. And I think most of us suspected Sophia was dead, anyway.

Amy died unexpectedly in a matter of seconds and while she was dying she couldn't TALK and Andrea kept trying to save her and the whole thing was so sudden and hopeless. Amy died without being able to say anything, and the worst part is you could TELL she had something important to say to Andrea, but she couldn't talk. And Andrea kept telling her "I don't know what to do" and then two seconds, and Amy was gone and why the fuck am I watching this scene?

And while I now have a new-found appreciation and love for my sister, I hate her for making me feel these feels.

stickoffury412

stickoffury412

Survivor

• Banned
  • LocationCarol's hand

This thread has been around a while and always ignored it because I'm kinda dead inside (I think) and while there's been some sad moments, nothing's really made me really emotional. I've always been like, "whatever, they have it worse in the comics, I already saw this coming, meh."

I'm kinda posting on behalf of my sister, I guess. My sister simply CANNOT watch Amy's death scene. She REFUSES to. I call her out on it all the time, and I was teasing her about it recently and she finally kinda snapped and told me I can't sympathize because I don't know what it's like to be a big sister. She said being a big sister is like being a mother, and she can't stand watching Amy's death scene because when she watched it the first time all she kept thinking about was losing me, and it felt like she was losing a daughter.

Talk about a fucking punch to the chest.

So I went back and re-watched that scene, trying to see it from my sister's point of view and ugh. FUCK THAT SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst part is when Amy dies, Andrea starts shaking her because she thinks that shaking her will somehow bring Amy back to life. Like she thinks Amy just needs to snap out of it, stop being a brat, and start breathing again.

And now nothing is beautiful and everything HURTS.

I think what makes it worse is that Andrea never got the chance to say goodbye. Lori got her death monologue, she got to say goodbye, T-Dog got to live for a while, so did Jim, and while Sophia stumbling out of the barn was sad, the writers dragged it out for too long and Carol's reaction was more dramatic than intimate. And I think most of us suspected Sophia was dead, anyway.

Amy died unexpectedly in a matter of seconds and while she was dying she couldn't TALK and Andrea kept trying to save her and the whole thing was so sudden and hopeless. Amy died without being able to say anything, and the worst part is you could TELL she had something important to say to Andrea, but she couldn't talk. And Andrea kept telling her "I don't know what to do" and then two seconds, and Amy was gone and why the fuck am I watching this scene?

And while I now have a new-found appreciation and love for my sister, I hate her for making me feel these feels.

Love your post. Love andrea and her scene with amy was very emotional for me. Even though I didn't vote for it, it was my runner up. I'm the oldest of three so I really related to your story and enjoyed it. Nice post :)

turkeylurkey

turkeylurkey

Infected

• Members
This wasn't the most gut wrenching but when Carl was saying names for the baby he said Sophia or Carol, Andrea,Amy,Jaqui... the pauses and says Lori . My heart just broke from all he has lost.

LoriG

LoriG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationNebraska (I should be so lucky. The UK)
Ricks meeting up with Lori and Carl really chocked me up, but his reaction to Lori dying made me cry.

This isn't flying, its falling with style - www.takenbyalice.co.uk

Matt G

Matt G

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOhio
The Lori speech to carl got me pretty good added with the flash back brought chills down my spine. Everything else to me doesnt match it. I hated Lori and then that scene came and I really felt for her and Carl. I instantly thought about my mom and how close we are and one day shes gonna pass away and it will be tough for me to handle.

ZombieSushi

ZombieSushi

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMA
I chose Rick's reaction to Lori's death. I mean that was...brilliant acting. My top two were not there though- Maggie talking to Hershel while he is unconscious (easily one of my favorite scenes in general) and when Merle rips off Daryl's shirt.

LoboWon

LoboWon

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCosta Rica/Los Angeles, CA
Lori telling Carl how much she loved him, knowing she was going to die, and that Carl would never see her alive again. Carl shooting her was rough.

I watched both of my parents take their last breaths in front of me, and it is something you never forget.

Malachi97

Malachi97

S-mart Employee

• Banned
For me it has to be Morgan's reluctancy to kill his zombie wife. One, because of Lennie James' acting was amazing. I actually believed this guy's wife was a zombie. Two, the music in that scene was so sad and touching, definitely the most touching song in the series. I know I'm in the minority in this one.

Rick's Hat

Rick's Hat

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver here going through your stuff
Leaving Jim behind really was a terribly sad moment, everything leading up to Jim's self-imposed abandonment was really gut wrenching for me.

Crazy has come to town for a visit!!

Penya

Penya

Infected

• Members
-The episode Killer Within...everything about that episode. T-Dog's death, Lori/Carl scene, Maggie walking out with the baby, Rick's reaction....OMG. That whole episode had me in tears. Rick's reaction especially had me bawling though.
-Dale's death....so horrifying and painful.
-Morgan.
Rick: We're eating the man's food now?
Michonne: The mat said 'Welcome'

Things&Stuff

Things&Stuff

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationIn Lori's best interest
Lori's death, Carl and Rick's reaction.

I remember when I was a teenager seeing some funeral where the women were rolling around on the ground in grief. I still think that was overracting on their part, but now I know that people really can be knocked off their feet by grief, it happened to me. Rick's reaction was uncomfortable but very realistic from my experience.

Maggie and Herschel hit home, too. I wasn't there for either of my parents but I was for my husband's father's death. I don't know if it happens every time but the breathing fits and starts from Herschel brought it all back.

So much good acting in this show.

Kneelbeforegod

Kneelbeforegod

Roamer

• Members
remember when dales rool kit got left on that roof? that. I thoufht for sure that tool kit was a gonner.

Salvatore

Salvatore

Infected

• Members
  • LocationUSA
The two sadest parts for me where when Lori dies giving birth, that messed me up for a few days after the episode, and when Carol's daughter comes out of the barn as a walker! That brought me to tears!
Did you know that it is impossible to throw out a trash can?

DonM77

DonM77

Infected

• Banned
For me it was Dale, then ricks reaction to Loris death

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left
Sophia's death...
In my opinion that was the series' most emotional punch in the gut to date.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

Jaypb87

Jaypb87

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBirmingham, UK
Wow, so many mixed thoughts, i couldn't even comment on them all!
I guess I'll just say they are all justified in there own way :)

Its a shame I can't add to the poll because the scene with Daryl & Merle should definitely be up there, seeing Daryl's reaction, and seeing Merle's eyes, then to see Daryl taking his frustrations on his brother so viciously was heartbreaking, it reminded me of when he found carol, and assumed the worst, but found her alive, you could see him reacting the same way if he had found Carol as a Walker

I wonder what the season finale will have in-store for us ;)

Boss

Boss

S-mart Employee

• Members
Definitely Sofia. That still gives me chills.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!