What Is Your Most Emotional Scene Of The Series?

- - - - - Rickcarl andrea amy herchel death shane lori morgan

Most emotional scene of the series so far (126 )

Which scene did you tear up to most?

1. Rick reunites with Carl & Lori (15 [11.90%] - )

11.90%

2. Amy's death & Andrea's reaction (8 [6.35%] - )

6.35%

3. Leaving Jim behind (3 [2.38%] - )

2.38%

4. Sophia's discovery & death (22 [17.46%] - )

17.46%

5. Shane's death (4 [3.17%] - )

3.17%

6. Herchell surviving his amputation/bite (3 [2.38%] - )

2.38%

7. Lori's death & Rick/Carl's reaction (57 [45.24%] - )

45.24%

8. Dale's death (5 [3.97%] - )

3.97%

9. T Dog's heroic death (3 [2.38%] - )

2.38%

10. Morgan's reluctancy to shoot his wife (6 [4.76%] - )

4.76%

Jaypb87

Jaypb87

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBirmingham, UK
Long time lurker, first time poster :)

Thought I would add a poll as my first topic, neat huh? :P

Well the Walking Dead might be about a zombie apocalypse, and the end of the world as we know it, but it has its fair share of toucking & emotional moments which make you realise how good of a show this is & how attached you can get

For me, the one scene that gets me everytime, is the moment ricks steps out of the van and see his wife & son, their reaction to each other as well as the groups surprise is altogether heartwarming

So what do you consider the most touching scene of The Walking Dead?

BTW if this has already been done, my apologies :)

Dan D.

Dan D.

Infected

• Members
  • LocationEngland
The scene where Rick unites with Lori and Carl is quite emotional but Ricks reaction to Lori's Death beats it. Andrew Lincolns performance in that scene was outstanding. I felt myself tearing up the first time I saw it. (I'm not ashamed to admit that!)

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
Welcome Jay!

It's hard to pinpoint one. Dale's death was pretty devastating. The deaths of Lori and T-Dog had me sobbing. I even felt bad the next day so I'd have to go with both their deaths in the same episode (and Rick's reaction).

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis
Took me a while to answer this, and I had to go with Sophia. When I first saw that scene I literally gasped out loud, said "No!" (I was expecting it to be Hershel's wife, not her), and then started crying. I'm a mother of two, what can I say? It was just a huge moment in the show. Great mid-season finale.

Lori/T Dog are a very close second. I hated Lori with a white hot passion, still do....but her goodbye to Carl really got to me. And of course Rick's reaction when he realized she was dead and that Carl had to take care of her so she wouldn't turn.

Jaypb87

Jaypb87

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Welcome Jay!

It's hard to pinpoint one. Dale's death was pretty devastating. The deaths of Lori and T-Dog had me sobbing. I even felt bad the next day so I'd have to go with both their deaths in the same episode (and Rick's reaction).

Thank you! :)

They were indeed, and all served there purposes, Lori especially, her interaction with Carl during that scene was hard to take

Andrew Lincolns performance in that scene was outstanding. I felt myself tearing up the first time I saw it. (I'm not ashamed to admit that!)

Yes i fully agree there, his acting was second to none and really did suck you in to his emotional turmoil!

Took me a while to answer this, and I had to go with Sophia. When I first saw that scene I literally gasped out loud, said "No!" (I was expecting it to be Hershel's wife, not her), and then started crying. I'm a mother of two, what can I say? It was just a huge moment in the show. Great mid-season finale.

I cannot deny that this would be my favorite saddest scene which had me welling up too! (Rick reuniting with Carl & Lori was my favorite happy moment) the music, the reactions; Carol & Shane especially, then Rick stepping up to take responsibility... so heartbreaking

Darylrocks

Darylrocks

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEdmond,ok

Thank you! :)

They were indeed, and all served there purposes, Lori especially, her interaction with Carl during that scene was hard to take

Yes i fully agree there, his acting was second to none and really did suck you in to his emotional turmoil!

I cannot deny that this would be my favorite saddest scene which had me welling up too! (Rick reuniting with Carl & Lori was my favorite happy moment) the music, the reactions; Carol & Shane especially, then Rick stepping up to take responsibility... so heartbreaking

I voted for Sophia's death. Carol's reaction broke my heart. Melissa was outstanding in that scene. Close second was Lori's death and Ricks reaction. Andrew shined in that scene.

George Glass

George Glass

Infected

• Members
I would have to say Lori's death. Seeing Rick and Carl in so much pain was hard to watch. Dale's death would be a close second.

GoKillZombies

GoKillZombies

Lurker

• Members

I would have to say Lori's death. Seeing Rick and Carl in so much pain was hard to watch. Dale's death would be a close second.

George Glass...love you name. I was the most distraught over Dales death. I was still upset the next day. I felt like we knew Loris death was imminent so I was prepared. Sophia, truth be told, I was happy to see some kind of conclusion to the Sophia search storyline, so there was a bit of relief there for me. Heatbreaking relief maybe because as a parent, finding your daughter even dead might be better than the not knowing part. Maybe. So Ill go with Dale.

Tyler

Tyler

Lurker

• Members
  • Locationsomewhere safe
Definitely, Lori's Death/Rick/Carl reaction. It's not even close in my opinion. That whole sequence from Lori's death, to Carl's evolution to finally ending with Ricks breakdown was truly emotional. Most of the others on the list were more 'shocking' to me then 'emotional' or just don't come close.

CreepMeOut

CreepMeOut

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationToronto
To me the reveal of Sophia's death was the most emotional moment for me. Everything from the music, the atmosphere and how everyone (even Shane) just stood their in disbelief. I remember not being able to sleep after that episode aired and it took days for me to sink it in. I think part of the reason Lori's death wasn't as emotional for me was because I had regrettably read the spoilers for that episode a week earlier and knew exactly how it would happen.

Luv2readt.

Luv2readt.

S-mart Employee

• Members
My favorite emotional scene was not a choice. It was the scene in the prison immediately after Carol was found alive by Daryl. Rick and Carol hug each other. Carol is so joyful until she realizes that Lori is dead and Rick break down while they both grieve over Lori's death. Daryl is in the background of the scene, happy that Carol is alive but feeling their pain. The whole crew is around and they are all joyful about Carol but still mourning Lori. Michonne watches the scene from the outer corridor and that scene showed that she was looking at a group of people who cared about each other. That scene represents TWD to me, the human element, their feelings for each other and the bonds that have been forged at their campsites, CDC, the farm, their long winter, and taking the prison.

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members

My favorite emotional scene was not a choice. It was the scene in the prison immediately after Carol was found alive by Daryl. Rick and Carol hug each other. Carol is so joyful until she realizes that Lori is dead and Rick break down while they both grieve over Lori's death. Daryl is in the background of the scene, happy that Carol is alive but feeling their pain. The whole crew is around and they are all joyful about Carol but still mourning Lori. Michonne watches the scene from the outer corridor and that scene showed that she was looking at a group of people who cared about each other. That scene represents TWD to me, the human element, their feelings for each other and the bonds that have been forged at their campsites, CDC, the farm, their long winter, and taking the prison.

I loved this scene between Rick and Carol as well. You could really feel the emotion! It proved to Michonne that the people she is with are good people.

WalkerJames

WalkerJames

Roamer

• Members
I am stuck between Dales death and the whole Lori death and Ricks reaction scene. Dale's death caught me by surprise and I missed dale for the rest of that series :( But then all of the acting to do with Lori's death was amazing. I think that Lori's death was the most emotional for me.

Rague

Rague

S-mart Employee

• Members
Would've been T-Dog's death, but he went out like a boss, so I wouldn't call that one saddening. Plus I'm at odds over whether killing him was a just decision.

Would've been Lori's death... I don't know, I start to laugh whenever I see Rick cry I start to laugh. I don't want to ruin the "good acting" but... let's just say that's not how I picture a grown man crying. Now, when Lincol FELL ON THE GROUND I really felt it - but it seemed like he was trying really hard to cry after being told a hilarious joke in the middle of a take. Following that, his murderous rampage said more to me than the crying. The part of that I liked was when he approached Maggie, then went for Carl, then back to Maggie. That was subtle and believable - didn't want to explode at his son, and knew Maggie didn't deserve it. Didn't even acknowledge the baby she was holding. So all of this was sad - but Andrew Lincoln's acting made me laugh.

Sophia was a big shocker - but that was more like a "WOAH, I FORGOT, TWD has CHILD ZOMBIES" for me.

Hershel was the one I voted for. He's the oldest member and really... wasn't expecting him to last. I was so bummed when he got bit in the first episode... but he pulled through, man, and I just got so happy. I'm like "Yeah, this man is badass." As Glenn said, [Hershel's] one tough son of a bitch. He turned out be a decent gunman with unlimited shotgun ammo and even handicapped, he put the smackdown on a Walker with his crutch.

Carol and Rick was another good one, I like that one too. It was very touching and not one I was expecting.

Favorite character next to Rick, Michonne, Carol, and Shane.

CrackFox

CrackFox

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEngland
Even though I have never been a Lori fan, I found her death really emotional. The heartwarming speech she gave Carl and the way it was acted so convincingly. I found Rick/Andrew's part in it quite overkill though, if anything it kind of ruined the episode because it made me once again realise it was just a tv show by his acting.

GloriousInfidel

GloriousInfidel

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSanta Barbara
It was a pretty big hit for me when Rick found Lori and Carl so quickly. I was kind of thinking that AMC would draw that out forever! I was happy he found them though. Quite happy.

joshuakilpatrickl

joshuakilpatrickl

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNorth Carolina
Rick killing Shane

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
Most emotional scene for me was Haley's death. Tears of joy.

shanewalker

shanewalker

Infected

• Members

The scene where Rick unites with Lori and Carl is quite emotional but Ricks reaction to Lori's Death beats it. Andrew Lincolns performance in that scene was outstanding. I felt myself tearing up the first time I saw it. (I'm not ashamed to admit that!)

I agree, I'll like to add Dale's death, i felt horrible seeing him suffer like that, Rick killing Shane would be a fourth most emotional scene to me, but the most emotional definitely Rick's reaction to Lori's death, Killer Within

Lola15

Lola15

Infected

• Members
I think the most emotional part for me was when Carl and Maggie had to give birth to Judith. Carl reacted in the most remarkable way. No kid I would ever know would ever get through that and then have the guts to shoot her at the end of it all. That part is just plain amazing.

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
Sophia coming out of the barn was both the biggest surprise and most emotional for me.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

NoZombieNoCry

NoZombieNoCry

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationMordor
I must say some of merles moments were really shocking... when he was telling Daryl that he could not come back. Really good acting!
Not a native speaker, be patient.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
I voted for Rick reuniting with Lori/Carl as it was completely against the odds and acted as if heartfelt by the characters. My runner up was the death of Lori and reaction of Rick/Carl. My other runners up would be deaths of Dale and T-Dog as both were useless and just to kill off another well liked character.

DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSan Diego
I picked Morgan's wife because of the options, but really, I was really hit hard by Rick and Hershel's talk down by the fence. I almost never get emotional watching a show or movie but I felt for him. He was a wreck and really looked like he was on the edge of a breakdown. I know the "I got stuff" meme is funny but I thought it showed his inability to come up with something logical to say. He looked embarrassed and overwhelmed. Almost like a kid that broke moms favorite vase and was afraid to go back home. I felt his pain in a way that was much more powerful than when he was yelling at the balcony. This conveyed his mental state in a realistic manner without being over the top. Lincoln's best acting so far in my opinion.

alexjohn9

alexjohn9

Infected

• Members
I would say Ricks reaction to Lori's death. In that moment Rick realized he had failed to protect his family. He see's his son Carl heartbroken (knowing he saw is mother die) and the newborn baby. Rick is literally crushed especially since him and Lori was having a tough time in their marriage. Also the fact that he never got to say goodbye to his wife. Another big scene for me was Shane's death by Rick. The two were best friends in high school and were partners as Sheriff. Ricks words to Shane was epic, he didn't want to kill him but had to for the sake of his marriage and his life. Also Sophia coming out of the barn. Carol crying so hard while Daryl holding her back after Daryl feeding her so much hope, Shane's expression that he realized he made a mistake by releasing the walkers from the barn and the Greene family seeing their family members being taken out. This show has strong emotional scenes more than most shows.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!