• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

magiktrix

magiktrix

Infected

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationKingsland, GA
What does everyone think of this baby? I am on the fence about her. Part of me thinks that it's not a good idea to have her on the show and another part of me wonders how it will play out with her there. Thoughts?
MagikTrix

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationUp the Academy
Whoever's playing the baby is damn cute, that's for sure.

p-dizzle

p-dizzle

Lurker

• Members
  • 216 posts
I feel she is the only ounce of innocence left in the world (show).
She is good to have. If ever she was to die or disappear, will bring Rick into a whole new category of WTF!
She doesn't take up as much useless screen time as Andrea who Im not feeling right now...at least not they way they are trying to depict her.
Posted Image

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Roamer

• Members
  • 809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Either some people take her for Rick, or she dies. I don't foresee him and Carl taking care of this baby for the rest of the series.
Who needs a signature anyways?! Not me..

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • 2,019 posts
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
She gonna die.

Singlyme

Singlyme

Roamer

• Members
  • 695 posts
  • LocationPA
While she may be a symbol of survival for the human race, she's going to be a burden to drag around through this series. Backpack? How do you take an infant on the run? No matter how old she gets, she'll most likely still need to be carried by someone if the group is on the run - at least until she's old enough to keep up. It will be difficult to write around this. Once you have a baby, you want to dig in and keep it safe. Not possible in this world.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Roamer

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania
Judith will very clearly be detrimental to the group. She already indirectly has been via Glenn and Maggie's capture by Merle.
The group will soften with a baby around; they won't be able to stand their ground against major threats. Either that, or they'll become even more ruthless to protect her, which I can't picture happening just yet.
Posted Image

limaro

limaro

Roamer

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationOhio, US
I agree with most of the above. Cute baby. Lovely symbolically, but overall too big a burden on the others. It's hard enough protecting the less capable characters. (Not naming names, because I hate flames!) A baby is not likely to make it, and I'm not invested in Judith so I don't want to lose a favorite trying to protect her.

I can't imagine though, how the writers can get themselves out of this corner they've painted for themselves. What show has ever killed a baby?

"...she knew that shadows could be dangerous.  They could have teeth." Stephen King, Doctor Sleep. 

SilentRoamer

SilentRoamer

Infected

• Members
  • 51 posts

Judith will very clearly be detrimental to the group. She already indirectly has been via Glenn and Maggie's capture by Merle.
The group will soften with a baby around; they won't be able to stand their ground against major threats. Either that, or they'll become even more ruthless to protect her, which I can't picture happening just yet.

I think you are right when you say more ruthless.

If my baby was threatened there is not much I wouldnt do to protect her. Rick will be the same - anything that threatens Judith will need to be dealt with.

I have a horrible feeling the Governor is going to cause the death of Judith - im not sure it will be intentional though as I dont see the Gov as a baby killer but maybe now Penny is twice dead he will really go down the dark rabbit hole!

A baby would not be such a big disadvantage as people think - as a species we spent 1000's of years hiding from Predators - just now the predator is more widespread and a lot more stupid! Although they dont sleep or tire which is something new!

michaelmyers

michaelmyers

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationLouisville Ky
Give her to Glenn & Maggie. I can't see Rick being in any state to raise a baby right now...or hey maybe Carol and Daryl! He's been doing a hell of a job with that little ass kicker :) But in all seriousness, if you were just going to kill Lori off anyway why the hell did you bring a baby into the show? to lug around a car seat & diaper bag in the zombie apocalyse.. really?? I had a hard enough time with that 12 years ago without zombies trying to eat me.

Tyler

Tyler

Lurker

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Locationsomewhere safe
Little Judith is cute. But honestly? I'm worried for her.

Speculation based off some behind the scenes info

Spoiler

You can't really do that much with baby storylines in a show like The Walking Dead. I think the characters see little Judith as the new generation. or 'hope' - Life being brought into this world full of death. I don't know what to think really, i'm just worried for her. After Lori, i just don't want to see Rick and Carl lose Judith. I hope she stays for a long time.

DukeSilver

DukeSilver

Biter

• Members
  • 2,485 posts
^ Good point. Also, in this interview with Lauren Cohan

http://www.examiner....on-3-episode-11

she mentions that the show is going to get much darker, and that we'll see something on the show that could "make television history." The first thing I thought was something happening to Judith. The only thing that has me skeptical is the fact that this event is supposed to happen in episode 11, which seems way too soon.

Whether it happens this season or the next, Judith is a goner, imo. I've seen a few shows fall into this kind of hole -- pregnancy can provide really good drama/tension, but once the baby comes, not so much. TWD is actually more fortunate in a sense because they actually have a legitimate excuse to remove the baby from the plot.

3VHWYjA.gif

Singlyme

Singlyme

Roamer

• Members
  • 695 posts
  • LocationPA
We can only hope she'll be kidnapped by someone who's lost their own child - and never seen again. If they have this baby eaten, I'll lose it.

Daryls Sleeves

Daryls Sleeves

Infected

• Members
  • 10 posts
I really don't see how they could have a baby survive on this show. Yeah I would like their to be a happy ending but at the same time, with the world that they've portrayed in this show and in the comics it seems nearly impossible. If the baby does survive (for long), as mean as it sounds it would kind of annoy me.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Roamer

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
Spoiler
I would prefer it if she were to live (esp. because Lori died) but I just can't see them running around GA with a baby and toddler for years to come. If you notice the writers aren't showing Rick getting close to Judith at all. Rick is barely hanging on and will soon be at war and children don't generally fair well in a war. I feel that if Lori's death was to push Rick over the edge then Judith's would just deepin the fall.

Edited by Lurwalker, 25 January 2013 - 08:38 AM.

Zvivor

Zvivor

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 102 posts
I think the hardest thing for Judith is how to make a baby and later a toddler an interesting character for the show. Noticed in all the previews and sneak peeks, she's not in them.

I think babies and toddlers can survive predators -- how else did our primitive ancestors do it? If they can't, its an extinction event, as Jenner (CDC) said. Maybe she will end up be taken care of by somebody else who stays in the prison, or from Woodbury.

MonkeyCat

MonkeyCat

Infected

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Locationco
if they don't eat the baby, i will. get in my belly!
monkey cat lives

fane2134

fane2134

Infected

• Members
  • 27 posts
One of the reasons why I love the show so much is because I can say both of these things at the same time with equal 100 percent certainty: "there is absolutely no way they are going to kill a BABY" and "there is absolutely NO WAY this baby is surviving."

That spoiler up there is pretty telling if it's true. what else could she be referring to???

I was kind of hoping at the very least that Rick and company would find another group in a 100 percent secure location and this new group won't let them in, but they agree to take the baby and Rick reluctantly hands it over since it would be safer with them than with him and he moves on.

That said, I really hope they keep the baby on the show. It would add a whole new element to the show. THAT would make history -- keeping a baby alive in a ZA. And it could be done, as long as they can sleep train her.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationHanging out with Tyreese
I don't see Judith surviving on the run, so I don't see her making it past the prison arc. However, she doesn't have to be killed or kidnapped to leave the show. It's sad to say, but Judith could die without being killed. SIDS is a reality of life, not to mention any number of childhood diseases that without immunizations could threaten her life. She could die from a bee sting, if she is allergic, or asthma if she has a severe attack. These are life threatening situations, especially without the proper drugs to treat them even if they could diagnosis them, which right now, without a doctor, is questionable.

Also, I hadn't thought about it before, but I, too, remember reading that Mazzara wanted to keep Judith alive as a symbol of hope. This could be the creative difference that he had with Kirkman and the AMC execs. Keeping Judith with the group means a vastly different future for our group than if Judith isn't with them.

Posted Image "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Singlyme

Singlyme

Roamer

• Members
  • 695 posts
  • LocationPA

I don't see Judith surviving on the run, so I don't see her making it past the prison arc. However, she doesn't have to be killed or kidnapped to leave the show. It's sad to say, but Judith could die without being killed. SIDS is a reality of life, not to mention any number of childhood diseases that without immunizations could threaten her life. She could die from a bee sting, if she is allergic, or asthma if she has a severe attack. These are life threatening situations, especially without the proper drugs to treat them even if they could diagnosis them, which right now, without a doctor, is questionable.

Also, I hadn't thought about it before, but I, too, remember reading that Mazzara wanted to keep Judith alive as a symbol of hope. This could be the creative difference that he had with Kirkman and the AMC execs. Keeping Judith with the group means a vastly different future for our group than if Judith isn't with them.

But, daybreak, if she died from any of the means you mention, she would TURN. And someone would have to off her. Do NOT want to see a zombie baby, much less someone having to shoot her!

PLEASE, somebody. Kidnap her - and make it someone who will care for her.

Edited by Singlyme, 31 January 2013 - 02:51 PM.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationHanging out with Tyreese
Judith doesn't have to turn just because she dies from some illness or disease. Like Lori, they can injure her brain after she dies. That would make television history, but it would be palatable for most viewers. That would be a case of doing what you have to do.

Also, it is my understanding that though not done on TV a zombie baby has been done in movies.

There is also a third possibility and that is that Judith is immune. She could die and not turn.

Posted Image "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 187 posts
If the baby dies and turns it is likely they execution would take place off screen. Cut to the trees, gunshot, birds fly out of trees, silence.....credits.

daryldixondweeb

daryldixondweeb

Infected

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationOut hunting with Daryl
i have a feeling she is gonna survive,

Well yes, it was extremely stupid bringing a newborn into a zombie apoc

Although you do need to kind of populate the human race before they all die out.

But yes, i think she is going to live

Why?

Because she is vulnerable, and people are like 'how are they going to get away from zombies with a one legged man and a baby'

So people are going to suddenly assume she is going to die,
but that will be too easy.

Little ass kicker, you go! Attached File  lori lol.jpg   9.19KB   11 downloads

DeadLaney74

DeadLaney74

Infected

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Judith doesn't have to turn just because she dies from some illness or disease. Like Lori, they can injure her brain after she dies. That would make television history, but it would be palatable for most viewers. That would be a case of doing what you have to do.

Also, it is my understanding that though not done on TV a zombie baby has been done in movies.

There is also a third possibility and that is that Judith is immune. She could die and not turn.

Though this is all just speculation, I think Judith is the last hope of humanity survival. I believe she is not only immune to the (virus,bacteria,etc) but holds the possible cure. Viruses mutate very quickly in the real world and as a first generation who formed with this virus. It only seems logical that she is geneticaly linked on DNA level. Not only making her immune and thus the walkers dont see her as living, but also her DNA may hold the key to irradicate the virus altogether. Otherwise having the baby, IMO, was nothing but a mistake on both Rick and Lori's part.

Again this is only speculation..

SilentRoamer

SilentRoamer

Infected

• Members
  • 51 posts

Though this is all just speculation, I think Judith is the last hope of humanity survival. I believe she is not only immune to the (virus,bacteria,etc) but holds the possible cure. Viruses mutate very quickly in the real world and as a first generation who formed with this virus. It only seems logical that she is geneticaly linked on DNA level. Not only making her immune and thus the walkers dont see her as living, but also her DNA may hold the key to irradicate the virus altogether. Otherwise having the baby, IMO, was nothing but a mistake on both Rick and Lori's part.

Again this is only speculation..

If the baby happens to also be the cure I think it would be pretty lame. There is no reason why a Walker would not just eat her if shes living. they do not have any predisposition for genetics - if its warm and moves they eat it. The whole idea of a mircale cure baby would strike me as a desperate ploy. While I havent read the comics I am fairly sure RK would not allow that either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!