Do You Think The Season 3 Finally Will Be An Hour And A Half?

Season 3

georgeisgeorge

georgeisgeorge

Infected

• Members
Seeing as how the first episode was only an hour, do you think the finally will be an hour and a half?

Crabs is sewage proof! And recession proof were gonna make a fortune. We're crab people now D.

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members
Nope.

SteadyEddie

SteadyEddie

Roamer

• Members

Nope.

Well, that's that, then.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

Nope.

Seconded. Knowing how much AMC loves money, they won't invest in an extra long episode.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
Exactly... those extra 30 minutes (actually 15-20 not counting commercials) are awfully damned expensive air-time.
Think on the scale of the Superbowl. Up to a million dollars for a mere 30 seconds (or less!). Stupid huh? And that's for a guaranteed audience because of how famous a LOT of those ads have become over the years.
But it's true. Granted a t.v. show with good ratings won't be AS much but you can bet it's over six figures a minute.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
I agree. Nope

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Exactly... those extra 30 minutes (actually 15-20 not counting commercials) are awfully damned expensive air-time.
Think on the scale of the Superbowl. Up to a million dollars for a mere 30 seconds (or less!). Stupid huh? And that's for a guaranteed audience because of how famous a LOT of those ads have become over the years.
But it's true. Granted a t.v. show with good ratings won't be AS much but you can bet it's over six figures a minute.

Huh? More air time = more commercials = money for AMC.
AMC had to pay for a commercial to air during the Superbowl but otherwise advertisers are paying AMC to air their commercials during the show.

And no, I'm with the others, I don't think they will have a longer episode.

Daryls Sleeves

Daryls Sleeves

Infected

• Members
Im going to have to agree with the majority here, yeah more air time could make AMC more money but they won't give us any more 1 1/2 hr show this season.

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
Not many other television shows actually have special/hour long episodes (not talking about regular episodes), so I don't mind whether or not TWD continues to have one hour episodes (season premieres).

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Not many other television shows actually have special/hour long episodes (not talking about regular episodes), so I don't mind whether or not TWD continues to have one hour episodes (season premieres).

I kinda miss it.

I dunno after waiting for many many months for the premiere, I just need a bigger dose of dead dammit!

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
I say no, but it's a shame. Having the premieres of the first two seasons being 90 mintes long was awesome. How great was it having the first 25 minutes of season 2 commercial free?

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA

Huh? More air time = more commercials = money for AMC.
AMC had to pay for a commercial to air during the Superbowl but otherwise advertisers are paying AMC to air their commercials during the show.

And no, I'm with the others, I don't think they will have a longer episode.

Exactly what I was thinking. lol. AMC's costs are production-related.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!