Issue 106 Synopsis & Review

- - - - - comic issue 106

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
He made him into a crab person.

Carl's not gonna team up with Negan like this is Hook or something. It just doesn't fit him. He has exceptional loyalty and conviction.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football
Never say never I say.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

He made him into a crab person.

Carl's not gonna team up with Negan like this is Hook or something. It just doesn't fit him. He has exceptional loyalty and conviction.

He's a traumatized child. Don't overestimate him

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

Luke Schimmel

Luke Schimmel

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMünchen & USA
Loyalty isn't the only thing that unite people.
Everyone is food for something.
Now, I just need to find something that eats zombies.

hursta1

hursta1

Infected

• Members
I’ve been "lurking" (what a genius name for a walking dead message board) for a couple months and decided to post after reading about various Jesus theories. I have a theory of my own on Jesus and Negan. I think it’s too much to just be coincidence (considering that does not exist in a fictional world) that we have a character named Jesus and a group known as the saviors. I think Jesus started the Saviors originally with the goal of eliminating the roamers. I think that Negan is actually Davidson from ASZ. I remember Douglas speaking about how Davidson was taking advantage of women by letting their protection rest in their willingness to be romantic with Davidson. Now considering no one at ASZ recognized him as Davidson says that it’s probably not the case. (This only occurred to me after typing this all out). Anyhow I think that at some point Negan found the Saviors and joined. He slowly undermined Jesus’ leadership and at some point many of the Saviors were killed due to a leadership decision made by Jesus. This allowed the newly joined Davidson to lead a coup against Jesus and expel him from the saviors. Davidson became Negan; the saviors flourished under his "rules" and that has allowed him to maintain such a totalitarian grip on the saviors. Of course I still think this could work without Negan=Davidson but I think that just adds a whole other level of intrigue to the story.

hursta1

hursta1

Infected

• Members

How much of a giant "fuck you, I own you" would it be to Rick for Negan to turn Carl against Rick? It's totally feasible. This is the sort of things that they do to young kids in war stricken areas, like in Africa etc. Anyone ever seen Blood Diamond?

You can already see that Negan sees something in Carl. He's breaking the kids spirit, but at the same time he's nice to him. Apologizing to Carl when he cried about his eye, having Carl hold his bat for him, etc.

One thing I don't understand about Negans group is how they don't have more firearms. So far I haven't really seen any of them with firearms.. Just don't see how that's possible. Especially since they all seem like violent biker types.

This is something that has bothered me about Kirkman's U.S as opposed to the actual U.S. where there are way more guns and ammo that could be used up in two years. I was in the service for 6 years during the height of the Iraq war. There were some days we would go to the range and shoot 5000 rounds like it was nothing (thats one magazine for each Marine in an Infantry company). There are underground bunkers on Camp Pendleton alone with enough ammunition to last a decade. On top of the military supply there are millions of gun enthusiasts in this country. Many have their own stockpiles of ammunition. There is absolutely no way for all the ammunition in this country (or the D.C. area) to be used up in two years. I thought Kirkman had said something about the majority of the military deserting and going to protect their families so I cant buy the military stockpile to be used up during the beginning of the ZA. Now with all that knowlege I know the first place I would be going to is Camp Lejune, North Carolina. A Marine armory would be one of the best places to hold up in. They are all reinforced concrete buildings with tall barbed wire topped fences and they have more guns than you could ever use. On top of that you would find mortar tubes, SMAW missile launchers, and large caliber machine guns. Hell if you went to the artillery area you could find 155mm howitzers that can be towed behind a 7 ton truck. I guess in short there is just no way that there are no bullets left. I know if I thought about raiding a base someone left in TWD world would too and they would find these huge stockpiles of weapons and ammunition.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
Word on the Ammo. Would love to have a Trip Seven....

hursta1

hursta1

Infected

• Members

Word on the Ammo. Would love to have a Trip Seven....

I would think someone would find all this stuff and learn to use it. Then there are nuclear powered Navy ships and subs that would still be operational. It doesnt seem far fetched to me that at least a couple of these vessels and their crews have survived the ZA.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
I think I had brought that up too. I'll take a Ohio Class or if I had a learn Russian Rosetta Stone a Typhoon Class.... Even if some Zs got active they'd be easy to isolate and then eradicate.

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

Mr. Random

• Administrators
  • LocationColorado
Maybe it's just me but this was one of the least entertaining issues. I mean it looks like a build issue aka the one that leads into an exciting one but I gotta say, wasn't blown away or anything
Angel: I stopped Acathla. That saved the world.

Spike: Buffy ran you through with a sword.

Angel: Yeah, but I made her do it. Signaled her with my eyes.

Spike: She killed you. I helped her. That one counts as mine.

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

Maybe it's just me but this was one of the least entertaining issues. I mean it looks like a build issue aka the one that leads into an exciting one but I gotta say, wasn't blown away or anything

I didn't find it boring and I actually really enjoyed it, but you're right. It was definitely a build up issue introducing all the upcoming conflicts and problems.
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ

I

THIS is why Andrea and Michonne are such awesome characters.

They are way better/likeable, in the comic, than in the TV show. I was happy when Rick started slapping skins with Andrea. MAYBE they could bring Michonne into the mix and make a Rick sandwich!

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

bkottond

bkottond

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix AZ

This is something that has bothered me about Kirkman's U.S as opposed to the actual U.S. where there are way more guns and ammo that could be used up in two years. I was in the service for 6 years during the height of the Iraq war. There were some days we would go to the range and shoot 5000 rounds like it was nothing (thats one magazine for each Marine in an Infantry company). There are underground bunkers on Camp Pendleton alone with enough ammunition to last a decade. On top of the military supply there are millions of gun enthusiasts in this country. Many have their own stockpiles of ammunition. There is absolutely no way for all the ammunition in this country (or the D.C. area) to be used up in two years. I thought Kirkman had said something about the majority of the military deserting and going to protect their families so I cant buy the military stockpile to be used up during the beginning of the ZA. Now with all that knowlege I know the first place I would be going to is Camp Lejune, North Carolina. A Marine armory would be one of the best places to hold up in. They are all reinforced concrete buildings with tall barbed wire topped fences and they have more guns than you could ever use. On top of that you would find mortar tubes, SMAW missile launchers, and large caliber machine guns. Hell if you went to the artillery area you could find 155mm howitzers that can be towed behind a 7 ton truck. I guess in short there is just no way that there are no bullets left. I know if I thought about raiding a base someone left in TWD world would too and they would find these huge stockpiles of weapons and ammunition.

This is def, something they might just use, in the future. If you think about it, they can't just keep be-bopping, anround one state / communities for another 94 issues /8 years. Kirkman has said before that he plans that the Walking dead comic to go passed issue 200. So something is going to have to drastically change in/about the comic...

"I'M TAINTED MEAT"

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!