Issue 106 Synopsis & Review

- - - - - comic issue 106

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

The woman that stabbed Eric took buttons!

That's right. Doh..

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

ThoseBackPages

ThoseBackPages

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationNew York
106 wrap around is quickly zooming up my "favorite cover" list!
Huge Fan of Everything TWD Comic Book Related.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
Carl's in the Van that pulled up after Negan got out of the Truck. At first I thought what the hell thinking it was the van that Rick an Co. were in. Went back and it's another van. Carl could be in the Van tied up or unconscious like previously mentioned...

taint

taint

S-mart Employee

• Members
Did no one else notice Michonne slip out of the van when Rick told them to stay put? "To hell with that."

I smell a behead-sesh comin' up!

chipsmcghee

chipsmcghee

No Longer Stocking Chips McGhee

• Banned

No way that he took his other eye are you serious. It would destory him as a character he would be utterly useless and could not see shit.

I would stop reading if Carl is blind. Just too depressing to think about.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
But then Carl would be the Blind Savior.

See what I did there?

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members
A few points:

- First of all I'm glad the search for Carl wasn't a big, perilous journey or such. Spending the majority of an issue or two would have been a drag.
- It was nice to see another glimpse of the ASZ citizens. Spencer isn't too thrilled with Rick right now at least and the scene and Aaron and Eric may be an example of what many of the residents may also feel similarly. Hopefully we get some more spotlight on the community because as of right now I feel little for most of them (even after 30+ issues, sadly), which is not how I want it. I want to care, especially for when people start dying.
- Carl is likely with Negan if he wants to show him, unless he was planning to show Rick his son at his place which is very unlikely. Something worse than Carl's already experienced? It's going to be a long month.
- What was "REVENGE" supposed to be about?
- Overall it was a decent issue. A good lead-up to what will likely be an eventful next issue.

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

- What was "REVENGE" supposed to be about?.

I was just going to post about this!
I definitely think that the "revenge" is Negans. I think about how many men he's losing to ricks group and how he's going to get revenge through Carl, psychological or physical .
I think it references Negan and Carls conversation about how to punish him/ Negan running into Rick and getting his revenge for the deaths of so many saviors.
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

Luke Schimmel

Luke Schimmel

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMünchen & USA
Anyone noticed that Erin called "Rick Grimes"?
Blind? Don't think so...
Everyone is food for something.
Now, I just need to find something that eats zombies.

Kneelbeforegod

Kneelbeforegod

Roamer

• Members
I think the Jesus conspiracy is getting stretched from nothing again. he just has more experience with negan.....negan has been messing with hilltop for some time.

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts
this is going to be a wicked long month.... I thought it was note worthy when Jesus said his comment about dealing with Negan, but Im not sure its something to jump on just yet.... I wonder if we see Michonne die next issue? She did recently talk about being tired and we all know that spells trouble in this comic

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX
I really enjoyed this issue, as it shows Rick and his top people back in their badass form instead of the possum approach they have been taking.

I don't really think Negan would take Carl's other eye, it would essentially cripple the book as it progresses because a blind Carl wouldn't be nearly as fun. At first I was thinking that Negan was going to exchange Carl for other members of the ASZ, and the punishment would be Carl watching people he knows get "punished" for his actions. However, Negan specifically said he wants Rick to see what he did to his little boy. I'm going to predict he cut off one of Carl's hands and cauterized the wound with his iron. Thus, making him just like his father. If not that, I wouldn't be suprised if he crucified Carl...thus making the products Negan took from ASZ that much more vital to the storyline as they tend to the wounds of a crucifiction.

What I'm more interesting in seeing in 107 has nothing to do with Carl, but what actually happens when Negan and Jesus are face to face. There's been alot of things said about the intentions of Jesus and that encounter should tell us alot more about him. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jesus means well, but still has much to hide and that will come out in that Negan encounter.

With Rick and his 3 best fighters in search and rescue mode face to face with the enemy, issue 107 has the potential for massive violence. Seeing as how Ezekiel graces the cover of 108, I wonder if he appears towards the end of this next issue.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

What I'm more interesting in seeing in 107 has nothing to do with Carl, but what actually happens when Negan and Jesus are face to face. There's been alot of things said about the intentions of Jesus and that encounter should tell us alot more about him. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jesus means well, but still has much to hide and that will come out in that Negan encounter.

This. Definitely been eager to know how much Jesus isn't tell Rick. I think Rick probably knows 70-80% of the picture, but hopefully this next issue will tie up some loose ends and put to death rumors that Jesus is in cahoots with the Saviors. It would be sweet if during this stand off somebody is about to get it then Ezekial and an army of motherfuckers and his tiger come in and are like "Leave them alone or die." and Negan's like "fuck this, bye" and runs back to Sanctuary with his tail between his legs and returning Carl to Rick haha

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
I think Negan will hold on to Carl for a while. He's going to brainwash him against Rick.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

Kneelbeforegod

Kneelbeforegod

Roamer

• Members
no. he's nother going to try to brainwash his boy. he would be building rick up, giving rick a reason to fight and his community a reason to stand behind him and rally around a cause. he is trying to break them into submission. he will use the boy to miss rick off to get rick to make a hasty foolish decision and provoke him into a fight, one that Alexandria cannot rally behind him for especially after submitting to negan after he killed Glenn and attacked their city.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members

I think Negan will hold on to Carl for a while. He's going to brainwash him against Rick.

Agree-

I have always thought this was the point of Negan's fascination with Carl besides Carl's enormous nards for a kid. I am getting a Psych profile of Negan slowly beginning. My guess is he was a Momma's boy and daddy was gone or a womanizing drunk. If you really look at Negan's interaction with Carl when he was fascinated with Carl's scar. He's really responding like a late pre to early pubescent male (likely the point where he stopped emotional growth).

He treats women like queens (in his perception of course- I literally think he's doing his wives a favor) and if they have sex with their real loves he punishes the MAN and not the woman. That tells me a lot about him.

I think he sees Carl as a parallel to himself and thusly will want to distance Carl from his dad...

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts

Agree-

I have always thought this was the point of Negan's fascination with Carl besides Carl's enormous nards for a kid. I am getting a Psych profile of Negan slowly beginning. My guess is he was a Momma's boy and daddy was gone or a womanizing drunk. If you really look at Negan's interaction with Carl when he was fascinated with Carl's scar. He's really responding like a late pre to early pubescent male (likely the point where he stopped emotional growth).

He treats women like queens (in his perception of course- I literally think he's doing his wives a favor) and if they have sex with their real loves he punishes the MAN and not the woman. That tells me a lot about him.

I think he sees Carl as a parallel to himself and thusly will want to distance Carl from his dad...

I am in agreement with you my friend. I think Negan has shown alot of signs of having issues with women, as seen through his wives and also in issue 100 when he looked at Maggie and Sophia and said id never take a mom away from her child or something along those ideas. Carl's future in this comic will be changed dramatically in this next issue, and i cant wait to see how everything progresses after issue 107. 108 looks amazing as well, dear god i have a pants tent just thinking about the possibility.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I think Negan has turned Carl into a singing group with other kids and is the new boy band in the za , justin beiber meets Carl grimes

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
I think there may be something to that theory. Wait.... Trolled again. Ha

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Agree-

How much of a giant "fuck you, I own you" would it be to Rick for Negan to turn Carl against Rick? It's totally feasible. This is the sort of things that they do to young kids in war stricken areas, like in Africa etc. Anyone ever seen Blood Diamond?

You can already see that Negan sees something in Carl. He's breaking the kids spirit, but at the same time he's nice to him. Apologizing to Carl when he cried about his eye, having Carl hold his bat for him, etc.

One thing I don't understand about Negans group is how they don't have more firearms. So far I haven't really seen any of them with firearms.. Just don't see how that's possible. Especially since they all seem like violent biker types.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
they don't have ammo because they wasted it all becoming bad ass zombie killers

Luke Schimmel

Luke Schimmel

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMünchen & USA
Violent biker types who waste bullets... not a surprise.

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members

I think mutilating their previous partner is a punishment to them as well, but emotional rather than physical. It causes them much grief, surely. Forcing them to leave is wasting a lover, which he evidently likes plenty of. Physically harming them will blemish their looks and make them fear his very presence, which isn't what he wants for sexual reasons. Stuff like that could hurt his image, too.

By giving his wives the choice of punishment and attributing his cruelty to "the rules" he can shift all responsiblity off himself when he does things like the iron and put it all on them. It also gives him a good excuse to make an example of someone and reinforce the fear he uses to run the Saviors. I wouldn't be surprised if he normally uses simlilar tactics for punishment in other kinds of situations. It's actually a fairly clever form of manipulation.

Luke Schimmel

Luke Schimmel

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMünchen & USA
How Negan never impregnated his wives -he have at least a half dozen - maybe Negan is sterile. Too much theories for a 6-issue character, just thinking.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
Great observation- Carl the son he'll never have?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!