Issue 106 Synopsis & Review

- - - - - comic issue 106

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
I really Enjoyed this issue. There were no wasted Frames in my opinion, A bunch of foreshadowing. I think Carl is alright and Negans just bluffing .

It was awesome when they brought it back to Jesus with that full page of his karate kick. Also when he Just appeared in Ricks bedroom like the ninja he is.

I guess spencer is the gate master?
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....
I really hope Kirkman continues giving much-needed focus to the secondary Alexandria characters (Spencer, Aaron, Eric, Nicholas, etc) instead of leaving them in the far background for like ten or more issues.

Oh, and.....Spencer.....if this kid is actually contemplating an attempt to take over the community....well, I'd say he's pretty much screwed. For one, he SAW how powerful Rick was when he dissolved their coup. And because that moment further solidified his status as a force to be reckoned with, it's doubtful that there's anybody with half a brain willing to rally against him.

Luke Schimmel

Luke Schimmel

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMünchen & USA

To Rick's credit he needs to make the submission to the Saviors situation convincing, however he could have let his top people at least know before he made his big announcement. It's definitely biting him in the ass, harder than he was anticipating.

Anybody else disappointed that Negan didn't throw Carl out a window?

No. I still don't think that Negan would kill Carl at this moment. Carl is a too good asset against Rick to waste this way. I thought about a mother****** torture who would let Carl more mad than he is now.

Killing isn't the answer (never), slow torture is. :)
Everyone is food for something.
Now, I just need to find something that eats zombies.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes
Let's face it, Spencer was the real star of this issue.

Leela

Leela

Biter

• Members
  • LocationRick Grimes

Oh, and.....Spencer.....if this kid is actually contemplating an attempt to take over the community....

Spencer can't even take over a vagina.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Spencer the Gate Keeper. This demands a Heimdal/Spencer meme.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
The only thing Spencer can take over is a box of Beef Stroganoff

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football
After reading the actual issue, the synopsis always leaves subtleties out. Take the panel where Negan talks about the gift of the Magi (see attachment) makes me think that Negan was headed to Alexandria to pick someone up for Carl besides Rick.

I think Negan knew they were coming. Either that or he figured out out Dwight's fuck up. I'm more with the Mole thing.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
My perfect spencer scenario:
spencer gets exhiled because he tries some shit, getting his ass kicked in the process.
Then joins up with the saviors, Sleeps with a wife, and gets the iron.
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members

Spencer can't even take over a vagina.

Lol hahahhaha

Catch77

Catch77

S-mart Employee

• Banned
Where is Rosita? Bless her. I haven't gotten to 106 so I don;t even know whats been happenin' to that gurl. She rocks the comic. Her style is in right now. Not gonna lie. She is the best dressed. Andrea, Michonne are always dressed like cat food. Adlard needs to do something about it. FAST.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Where is Rosita? Bless her. I haven't gotten to 106 so I don;t even know whats been happenin' to that gurl. She rocks the comic. Her style is in right now. Not gonna lie. She is the best dressed. Andrea, Michonne are always dressed like cat food. Adlard needs to do something about it. FAST.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't even...

hahaha!

gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Biter

• Members
  • LocationHolly's room
Where are my peeps Eugene, Rosita, Maggie, and Sophia? Good issue though.

cooper56

cooper56

S-mart Employee

• Members
No way that he took his other eye are you serious. It would destory him as a character he would be utterly useless and could not see shit.

Gonza_Fes

Gonza_Fes

Lurker

• Members

My perfect spencer scenario:
spencer gets exhiled because he tries some shit, getting his ass kicked in the process.
Then joins up with the saviors, Sleeps with a wife, and gets the iron.

I agreed that he will betray alexandria at some point and help the saviors...
spencer will gets the iron from Rick right after Negan get killed... Rick will become the new king of the hill

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City

"dressed like cat food".....ROFL

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413
I really enjoyed how portioned out this issue is, deff could be top 10 for me. And a good cliff hanger to add to it

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
You can tell from this issue Rick dont trust Jesus when he freaked out at him in his house , also Jesus again said something that seemed odd. When he was talking in the van it sounded like he knew Negan better then he is letting on with the ive been dealing with Negan a long time comment even though noone at the hilltop has ever laid eyes on Negan.........just sayin

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Luke Schimmel

Luke Schimmel

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMünchen & USA
Spencer would be the first dead in a Negan War.
Everyone is food for something.
Now, I just need to find something that eats zombies.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football
I think some of the Hilltoppers have seen Negan. We know the guy who stabbed Gregory had.

This just popped in my head- where are those horses hat Aaron and Eric were riding?

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.

I think some of the Hilltoppers have seen Negan. We know the guy who stabbed Gregory had.

This just popped in my head- where are those horses hat Aaron and Eric were riding?

The woman that stabbed Eric took buttons!

Crunktron

Crunktron

Infected

• Members
First post
My thoughts are that negan may have disfigured Carl. Negan seemed really happy to see Rick on the road and that's the same peppy attitude he had while killing glen. He's likely excited to show off his latest handiwork which might be another eye or even a hand ( is this a Star Wars parallel )
Negan might also dress up a dead body as Carl's in an attempt to convince Rick that Carl is dead.
Or he may even have attempted to brainwash Carl into buying his own life by killing Rick himself. Obviously I assume Carl would only pretend to go along with it and find a way to save his father.
Also if Carl was travelling with negan and not restricted ( as he was previously in the issue) why didn't he jump out of the truck when he saw Rick. This leads me to believe that he is either restricted ( tied up, at gunpoint) or not in a mobile condition ( unconscious, injured)

I agree that Paul Monroe's dialogue can be taken in an incriminating context. I hope Rick has noticed these slip ups too.
Gonna be a long month.

SPINEBLOOD

SPINEBLOOD

Infected

• Members
  • LocationGa ( no lie )
I see some new spencer memes coming

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

You can tell from this issue Rick dont trust Jesus when he freaked out at him in his house , also Jesus again said something that seemed odd. When he was talking in the van it sounded like he knew Negan better then he is letting on with the ive been dealing with Negan a long time comment even though noone at the hilltop has ever laid eyes on Negan.........just sayin

Good catch. A bit fishy for sure, but I still think Jesus is on our side.

OutLawd

OutLawd

Roamer

• Members
I thought that too when I read that. Unless Jesus is referring to actions like what happened when Rick and co first went to the hilltop.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!