When To Expect Daryl Dixon To Die.... ( Includes Comic Spoilers )

- - - - - daryl dixon death comic

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale
I think that would be a great way for him to die everyone is expecting the death from the comics and BAM its Daryl, total way to keep the comic readers guessing

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
I have to admit I like Daryl's character as well and hope he is around a bit longer but I could see him and Carol falling in love and then Carol gets killed and turns and heads for Daryl first (maybe season ender for 4). You have to admit more people would be angry not knowing if he lives to S5. .

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left
Weird. I was thinking of how Daryl could die just yesterday and this came into my head. Strange how we had the same idea.
I think it would be a great way to end Daryl. The character is awesome, but everyone has to die eventually.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
Midseason finale or season finale daryl is missing, carol thinks he is dead, she offs herself. Hopefully comic style.

I Believe In Rick Grimes

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members
He would die in an attempt to save the group because a walker induced fate is stupid unless he's chased down by a 200+ herd. His death would be by another individual and someone like the Governor or Negan is plausible.

To be honest, I am indifferent towards Daryl. Hopefully people will be mature enough not to down vote this post but I find that Daryl's endgame is fast approaching. Season 3 was essentually his story arc being that it was mostly about him finding his brother Merle and bridging the gap between Woodbury and the Prison. Does he have additional story to him? Of course, all characters do but I feel that other characters' stories need to be told.

The whole tagline of "No One Is Safe" is pretty much an empty threat at this point. We know that Daryl is pretty much immune because of his loud fanclub. Therefore, the longer he survives, the more it proves that the show is more about pandering than good story and surprise. That, in itself, would be a good rational point that the show has jumped the shark.

Mrs. DD

Mrs. DD

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationIndiana

Silly people. Daryl will die of exhaustion once myself, Mrs. DD and a few others have finished ravaging him in a very loving way. I like your motto, Dead Pelican.

sharing is caring ;) lol

but realistically, I can't see Daryl kneeling down and taking it with no fight...even with the threat towards the others...

comic Glenn and tv Daryl are worlds apart IMHO..I can't see them reacting the same way in that situation.

tumblr_nwtdrwFfAs1uxhwb1o4_250.gif

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members
  • LocationReleased early for good behavior...
If I had to choose how Daryl would die, I'd rather it be going out in a blaze of glory. I think Lucille should be saved for "you know who/Mrs. you know who" (cba'd to insert comic spoilers, but we all know who I'm on about anyway). I wouldn't be surprised if we see Daryl leave the group instead of being killed off, like Morales, but it'd be right at the end when the show packs in for good.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
The fact that so many of us have thought of Daryl dying by Lucille means that it's already too predictable. I've thought it before, myself. I also agree that it'd be very uncharacteristic for him to just sit there and take it, he'd be one to go down fighting.

The whole tagline of "No One Is Safe" is pretty much an empty threat at this point. We know that Daryl is pretty much immune because of his loud fanclub. Therefore, the longer he survives, the more it proves that the show is more about pandering than good story and surprise. That, in itself, would be a good rational point that the show has jumped the shark.

What's worse? Keeping someone around because they are popular, or giving them a rushed, senseless death strictly for shock value? Daryl is a badass and expert walker killer, and keeping him around is no less realistic than keeping Rick, Carl and Michonne.

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
Tyreese'd
Not Lucilled .

Or pumped full of his own crossbow bolts.
     “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

Joseph

Joseph

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationColchester, England.
I think the whole 'No one is safe' business was to do with Mazzara.

Gimple isn't stupid enough to just kill people for shock value....I hope not at least.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
What Joseph said. Characters on the show to me are not 'replaceable' w/ other potential badasses. I watch the show b/c I care about the core group, not to see them die pointlessly. The former show runner's tendency to kill off folks seemed very childish to me. I hope Gimple has a completely different vision for the show.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

The fact that so many of us have thought of Daryl dying by Lucille means that it's already too predictable. I've thought it before, myself. I also agree that it'd be very uncharacteristic for him to just sit there and take it, he'd be one to go down fighting.

What's worse? Keeping someone around because they are popular, or giving them a rushed, senseless death strictly for shock value? Daryl is a badass and expert walker killer, and keeping him around is no less realistic than keeping Rick, Carl and Michonne.

I really wish that the writer's would just stay true to their own vision and not worry about what people in places like this think.

If killing Daryl is their vision, then they should do it.

If keeping him alive until the end is their vision, they should do that.

I despise the idea of keeping and/ or killing characters based on the whims of fans, who are fickle and wildly inconsistent. That's the equivalent of me (and people like me) writing the script, and I don't know a damn thing about script writing, which is why they should not listen to me or people like me.

Making decisions based on the whims of fans will screw up the show far worse than any single character's death (or lack of death).

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Not the same scene. Just because they were both helplessly killed by a melee weapon?
Tyreese went out to kill the Governor and was captured. The Governor used him as a hostage. Rick had a clear choice and he let Tyreese die. He got his head sliced off by his girlfriend's katana.
Glenn was chosen out of chance by revenge and a way to strike fear into Rick. He was killed in front of his friends and family

But the 'Tyreese moment' and the "Lucille moment' are so iconic that everyone expects them to happen to somebody at some point, which is why it should never be used for the TV show.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Viridiana

Viridiana

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationPoland
I think that makes sense, they already killed one character in the tv show that still lives in the comic as an important person. So they could do it all the other way around - let Glenn live longer and get some unique story arc (it could make Glenn's comic fans watch the show) by sacrificing Daryl, an original character :)

Recurring Zombie

Recurring Zombie

Infected

• Members
People complain about the TV characters dying throughout this forum, but then the threads speculating deaths are always popular and full of interesting theories. LOL

I personally could see him suffering Tyrese's fate from the comics; after the Gov comes back with his new band of bloodthirsty marauders to assault the prison.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

then the threads speculating deaths are always popular and full of interesting theories. LOL

And I'm kinda sick of them, for the record.

My philosophy is that the writers should do as they wish... not as I wish, which is why I don't raise the issue of what characters should die, and when.

Daryl dies when he dies- or not.

Same as any other character.

Gotta say though I don't remember a thread ever asking "when and/or how should Andrea die?"

However, I did see a lot of people get pissed and vow mutiny when she was killed off.

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members

And I'm kinda sick of them, for the record.

My philosophy is that the writers should do as they wish... not as I wish, which is why I don't raise the issue of what characters should die, and when.

Daryl dies when he dies- or not.

Same as any other character.

Gotta say though I don't remember a thread ever asking "when and/or how should Andrea die?"

However, I did see a lot of people get pissed and vow mutiny when she was killed off.

I agree that the writers should make their own decisions, but I enjoy thinking about possibilities for the show.

As for the Andrea thing, I believe that there weren't many/any threads discussing her possible death because people didn't think it was going to happen! Especially not in season 3, as she is such an integral part of the comics.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationKnoxville TN
I've thought about this long & hard and only see Daryl getting killed or dying off only when the golden eggs stop dropping from Normans butt.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

I've thought about this long & hard and only see Daryl getting killed or dying off only when the golden eggs stop dropping from Normans butt.

Sadly, I don't think it will matter what happens to Daryl because I think that the show is already in decline and it will continue throughout season four.

To those of you who hate Glenn Mazzara, remember that he did not hire himself for the job.

The decision to hire him in the first place was someone else's, and the buck stops with whoever made that decision.

If the people involved in hiring Mazzara are still there, then I don't see what difference it will make.

So the likelihood of a show surviving this many behind-the-scenes shakeups is unlikely because it signals a much deeper problem beyond show runners and writers.

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members

It doesn't need to be either extreme because both are equally bad.

Like Deadpelican said, pandering to fans is a very dangerous prospect as it can spell the end of the series very quickly. On the other hand, killing him off for shits and giggles will leave the viewership feeling cheated. His death should be aptly placed where it's certainly not pandering to either party (ones who want him to be killed off just because he's viewed as untouchable or ones who think he should be immortal just because he appears to be generating viewership).

Lori and Shane had their story arcs and their story was essentually over. Shane died in S2 and Lori in early S3. Daryl had his major story arc done and I think it's about time for the writers to at least consider it.

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada
I had this in another tread but I think its better suited to this one:
I just do not get the Daryl/Norman hate. Yes lots of women think he is good looking myself included. Is it the actor, the character or the fan-base that incites such polarized views? I think that Maggie has a fan-base as well (some maybe even watch to see how beautiful she is and enjoy her in tank tops. Perhaps her fan base is not as big or vocal, but I have no problem with it. When the character started wearing tank-tops slim jeans and boots I admired her wardrobe (along with some other female members of the forum) and wasn't wondering if it was to pander to a certain audience. I like Maggie and I like Daryl, I'm not eager for either to die, if/when they do I hope it fits the story. As for speaking to the writers about their character from the interviews I've read and seen all cast members agree that they have some say in their character. I liked T-dog. Axel and Oscar and was sad to see them all go. If I find Daryl NR attractive sure I'm gonna mention it. I read posts where people admire Maggie's but however I'm not going to dislike her or the character for it. Would Daryl incite the same views if he was not as good looking? Does the actor not do his job, has he not grown from a 1 dimensional season 1 character to someone else in season 3? Everyone deserves their opinion those who dislike Daryl as well. I just do not understand it and feel both sides of the coin should be represented in a friendly way

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

I just do not get the Daryl/Norman hate. Yes lots of women think he is good looking myself included. Is it the actor, the character or the fan-base that incites such polarized views?

I think it has more to do with him not being in the comic book and rising to the status of fan favorite among TV viewers. Speaking as a guy, Maggie doesn't do it for me, I prefer Beth.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

I just do not get the Daryl/Norman hate. Yes lots of women think he is good looking myself included. Is it the actor, the character or the fan-base that incites such polarized views? I think that Maggie has a fan-base as well (some maybe even watch to see how beautiful she is and enjoy her in tank tops. Perhaps her fan base is not as big or vocal, but I have no problem with it. When the character started wearing tank-tops slim jeans and boots I admired her wardrobe (along with some other female members of the forum) and wasn't wondering if it was to pander to a certain audience. I like Maggie and I like Daryl, I'm not eager for either to die, if/when they do I hope it fits the story. As for speaking to the writers about their character from the interviews I've read and seen all cast members agree that they have some say in their character. I liked T-dog. Axel and Oscar and was sad to see them all go. If I find Daryl NR attractive sure I'm gonna mention it. I read posts where people admire Maggie's but however I'm not going to dislike her or the character for it. Would Daryl incite the same views if he was not as good looking? Does the actor not do his job, has he not grown from a 1 dimensional season 1 character to someone else in season 3? Everyone deserves their opinion those who dislike Daryl as well. I just do not understand it and feel both sides of the coin should be represented in a friendly way

Who hates Daryl? I'm a comic book purist. I'll admit it. I don't know anybody who hates Daryl, though

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Sweetsister

Sweetsister

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Who hates Daryl? I'm a comic book purist. I'll admit it. I don't know anybody who hates Daryl, though

The When will Daryl Die posts unless there is one for each character how can it be fair. We have seen that the TV show doesn't follow the comics so you cant just say well the others are comic characters. Posts I've read sick of Daryl and his Fan-base. Posts I've read claiming NR gets special treatment. Posts I've read where Daryl can do no wrong. I feel if all these posts are going around there could be a voice for those of us who like Daryl, the way he looks and the actor who portrays him.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

The When will Daryl Die posts unless there is one for each character how can it be fair. We have seen that the TV show doesn't follow the comics so you cant just say well the others are comic characters. Posts I've read sick of Daryl and his Fan-base. Posts I've read claiming NR gets special treatment. Posts I've read where Daryl can do no wrong. I feel if all these posts are going around there could be a voice for those of us who like Daryl, the way he looks and the actor who portrays him.

I don't like Daryl's fanbase. I'm sick of hearing, "If Daryl dies, I'm done watching." Is that seriously the only reason you watch? I started a thread about when Daryl would die (it got merged with this one) and I don't hate Daryl. I'm just giving an idea for his death. The only reason I think he should die is to truly show that he's not untouchable. He doesn't even need to die. He can be hurt.

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!