When To Expect Daryl Dixon To Die.... ( Includes Comic Spoilers )

- - - - - daryl dixon death comic

NoZombieNoCry

NoZombieNoCry

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationMordor
Not a native speaker, be patient.

NoZombieNoCry

NoZombieNoCry

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationMordor

I think this is why you see entire threads pondering the question of Daryl's death.

I can't remember the last time I saw a thread reading "When will (Glenn, Maggie, Herchell, Michonne, Andrea, Carl) die?"

I think the die-hard comics fans sorta resent the fact that a non-comic character has become the breakout character of the series.

It's hard not to come to that conclusion, no matter what they may say.

In the comic, there's popular characters that have lived on for a very, very, very long time and a couple of survivors from the beginning who are still there, but far fewer people seem to question it.

I couldnt agree more. There is even a character still alive in the comic that died long ago in the show (an entire season was about her missing)and there arent a bunch of threads asking when she will die...
People by now need to understand, that the show and the comic go separate ways, and that something that can work and be a good thing in one, could not be in the other.

Is not as easy to create a good character in a tv show, and be lucky enough to get an actor with his 50% to make the character work. If you nail it, and you nailed it hard as it happened with Daryl Dixon you keep it. You just cant write him off and try a new one cause it could work or not...Great characters in Kirkman s world as Michonne and Andrea are failing in the show and many of us dont give a sxxx about their fate, as we do in the comics. so..

So the fact is (and it is getting really hard to put it in a foering lenguage and by mobile!!), that making a good character in TV is not as easy as it is in a comic, so if you find a cool one, you try to keep it. And even more if some other good "findings" as shane, need to die anyway to fit the canon.
Not a native speaker, be patient.

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
I literally hate when people say "Daryl is running out of story". Sometimes people forget that he's an original creation and that his story will unfold as the television series does so, just like any other character in the comic like Glenn, Andrea, etc.

Everyone thinks Merle is Daryl's only source of development. BLEH :P

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

True- but only to a point.

The TV series Dallas was a ratings giant in its day, but killing off Bobby Ewing ended up being bad for the show. The immediate aftermath was a ratings dip, followed by a preposterous ploy to bring him back (an entire season was a dream).

That said, Walking dead can survive Daryl's death.

I'm just saying there's a cumulative effect from killing off too many characters too fast. Eventually, it ceases to be shocking. You don't want the reaction to be a shrug of shoulders or a roll of the eyes when a character is killed off.

Also, you need a cast of interesting characters.

As of right now, the show could easily be called "Daryl and the Neurotics."

And they need to stop going overboard trying to create impossible choices/ moral dilemmas because in many cases, it's just making the characters look weak and indecisive. What they did with Andrea/ Woodbury is a prime example.

Daryl is decisive compared to.. well, just about everybody else and that's why people favor him so much.

Daryl is not the only decisive character on the show. Carl, Tyreese, and Michonne have all shown themselves to be decisive. Carl did not hesitate to save Tyreese's group or Michonne. Tyreese did not hesitate to calm Sasha, Allen and Ben down on several occasions. Michonne did not hesitate when given the chance to leave Woodbury and Andrea or to hunt rather than be hunted by Merle and the other WB guys. Each faced a moral dilemma that wasn't overcomplicated and they made a decision quick, fast and in a hurry.

Yes, we have some neurotics (Rick, Glenn, TG, etc.), but we also have other interesting characters. Now, if the writers would just let us get to know them a little better, we will be in business. And if they kill Daryl, they would have too.

That being said, I am not looking to kill Daryl. I like him, but he is not all that.

I think this is why you see entire threads pondering the question of Daryl's death.

I can't remember the last time I saw a thread reading "When will (Glenn, Maggie, Herchell, Michonne, Andrea, Carl) die?"

I think the die-hard comics fans sorta resent the fact that a non-comic character has become the breakout character of the series.

It's hard not to come to that conclusion, no matter what they may say.

In the comic, there's popular characters that have lived on for a very, very, very long time and a couple of survivors from the beginning who are still there, but far fewer people seem to question it.

You may not have read threads that read "When will (Glenn, Maggie, Herchell, Michonne, Andrea, Carl) die?", but there are threads that read "Do You Think Judith AKA Little Asskicker Will Survive", "Does Merle Deserve to Die", "Beth's Fate", "Who's Watching Little Asskicker" (She got two), and "Will Glenn Die Soon?". Those were just started in the last two weeks. My point is that Daryl's death is not the only death discussed here. In fact, one thread is entitled, "Whose Death Would You Be Most Affected By?" Every character's death is discussed on this forum, and as you can see from Little Asskicker, multiple times. We don't have it out for Daryl, but we don't exclude him either just because he is Mr. Popularity. He is a character on TWD and no one is safe. NO ONE...

As for Daryl becoming the breakout character, I wonder if that would have happened if TPTB hadn't changed the comic favorites in an attempt to keep the audience guessing. I also wonder if they changed them just so we wouldn't like them as much as the comic characters. Maybe there is a little competition going or insecurity. Why else can't we have a character transition from comic to TV and still be a favorite--at least in Mazzara's TWD. They transitioned just fine under Darabont. So, maybe it is just Mazzara. But wait, Tyreese is cool, so far in Mazzara's TWD. Maybe he will be the one, especially since Kirkman handpicked the actor to play him. Maybe Kirkman will protect him where he hasn't with with Lori and Andrea. Maybe that is what Mazzara and Kirkman disagreed with, how comic characters will be portrayed going forward.

I couldnt agree more. There is even a character still alive in the comic that died long ago in the show (an entire season was about her missing)and there arent a bunch of threads asking when she will die...
People by now need to understand, that the show and the comic go separate ways, and that something that can work and be a good thing in one, could not be in the other.

Is not as easy to create a good character in a tv show, and be lucky enough to get an actor with his 50% to make the character work. If you nail it, and you nailed it hard as it happened with Daryl Dixon you keep it. You just cant write him off and try a new one cause it could work or not...Great characters in Kirkman s world as Michonne and Andrea are failing in the show and many of us dont give a sxxx about their fate, as we do in the comics. so..

So the fact is (and it is getting really hard to put it in a foering lenguage and by mobile!!), that making a good character in TV is not as easy as it is in a comic, so if you find a cool one, you try to keep it. And even more if some other good "findings" as shane, need to die anyway to fit the canon.

Why would threads in the TV series section ask when a character will die that has already died on the show? We know when she will die. If we want to know when she will die in the comic, wouldn't we ask in the comic section?

Also, I heard that Daryl's character will transition to the comic at some point. I wonder how that will go and if Kirkman treats Daryl better than Mazzara has treated Kirkman's characters--and how will fans respond if Kirkman doesn't treat Daryl well. I wonder if TV fans will complain or just say "the show and the comic go separate ways" or "It is two different mediums. You shouldn't expect the characters to remain the same," meaning not act out of character, like Daryl's signature weapon is now a slingshot rather than a crossbow or Daryl becomes a player running from one woman to another like Californication. Of course, everything could be fine, but I just wonder.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Daryl is not the only decisive character on the show. Carl, Tyreese, and Michonne have all shown themselves to be decisive. Carl did not hesitate to save Tyreese's group or Michonne. Tyreese did not hesitate to calm Sasha, Allen and Ben down on several occasions. Michonne did not hesitate when given the chance to leave Woodbury and Andrea or to hunt rather than be hunted by Merle and the other WB guys. Each faced a moral dilemma that wasn't overcomplicated and they made a decision quick, fast and in a hurry.

Yes, we have some neurotics (Rick, Glenn, TG, etc.), but we also have other interesting characters. Now, if the writers would just let us get to know them a little better, we will be in business. And if they kill Daryl, they would have too.

That being said, I am not looking to kill Daryl. I like him, but he is not all that.

You may not have read threads that read "When will (Glenn, Maggie, Herchell, Michonne, Andrea, Carl) die?", but there are threads that read "Do You Think Judith AKA Little Asskicker Will Survive", "Does Merle Deserve to Die", "Beth's Fate", "Who's Watching Little Asskicker" (She got two), and "Will Glenn Die Soon?". Those were just started in the last two weeks. My point is that Daryl's death is not the only death discussed here. In fact, one thread is entitled, "Whose Death Would You Be Most Affected By?" Every character's death is discussed on this forum, and as you can see from Little Asskicker, multiple times. We don't have it out for Daryl, but we don't exclude him either just because he is Mr. Popularity. He is a character on TWD and no one is safe. NO ONE...

As for Daryl becoming the breakout character, I wonder if that would have happened if TPTB hadn't changed the comic favorites in an attempt to keep the audience guessing. I also wonder if they changed them just so we wouldn't like them as much as the comic characters. Maybe there is a little competition going or insecurity. Why else can't we have a character transition from comic to TV and still be a favorite--at least in Mazzara's TWD. They transitioned just fine under Darabont. So, maybe it is just Mazzara. But wait, Tyreese is cool, so far in Mazzara's TWD. Maybe he will be the one, especially since Kirkman handpicked the actor to play him. Maybe Kirkman will protect him where he hasn't with with Lori and Andrea. Maybe that is what Mazzara and Kirkman disagreed with, how comic characters will be portrayed going forward.

Why would threads in the TV series section ask when a character will die that has already died on the show? We know when she will die. If we want to know when she will die in the comic, wouldn't we ask in the comic section?

Also, I heard that Daryl's character will transition to the comic at some point. I wonder how that will go and if Kirkman treats Daryl better than Mazzara has treated Kirkman's characters--and how will fans respond if Kirkman doesn't treat Daryl well. I wonder if TV fans will complain or just say "the show and the comic go separate ways" or "It is two different mediums. You shouldn't expect the characters to remain the same," meaning not act out of character, like Daryl's signature weapon is now a slingshot rather than a crossbow or Daryl becomes a player running from one woman to another like Californication. Of course, everything could be fine, but I just wonder.

Daryl coming to the comics has been a persistent rumor now for a very, very, very long time. But has it been confirmed? So far it has been more a matter of wishful thinking on the part of some (not me).

I'm really not crazy about bringing the Dixon Bros. into the comic and from what I've gathered, Kirkman isn't either, nor should he. It does sound a bit forced, contrived, and maybe a little too gimmicky. .

Hopefully Tyreese has a long future ahead on the Television show.

There needs to be another strong male character that is well-developed.

Even more, the show needs a strong, well developed black male character, which it has never had and that is a shame (my my how T-Dog got shafted).

Tyreese was cool in the comic and would translate well into TV although

Spoiler

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

tommysoprano

tommysoprano

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Jersey

I don't see them killing Daryl off until the final season, or the season finale before the final season. They have spent too much time and effort developing him as a character, and he is way too popular with the audience. They can get away with killing characters like T-Dogg, Shane, and Lori off, but killing Daryl is a huge risk I am not sure the AMC execs are willing to take right now. I think most people would accept Glenn dying over Daryl at this point.

Daryl is one of those characters that are too established in the story and have too much development to undergo to be killed off early. I have made this argument before, but Daryl is a lot like Richard Harrow on Boardwalk Empire or Christopher Moltasanti on The Sopranos. They are not lead characters, but killing them off too early is/would have been a huge mistake. I think Daryl and Abraham could exist in the same world, but they would have to bring in another female, too, if they are going to get rid of Carol or Andrea.

AHHHH....Now I have something to relate to! Great points on both the Boardwalk Empire and of course the Sopranos references! Christopher was my favorite character on the Sopranos, and I knew he would die in the final season, but the way they killed him was just a perfect send off for his character! I suppose Daryl should go out (if he does indeed go out) like this! In a way that will leave the audience's mouth's ajar, but at the same time everyone in the audience knew he would be going out some time soon! I guess that means he will probably die at some point in the final season....and when I say at some point.....it could be at any possible moment....a blink of an eye.....when you least expect it!

tommysoprano

tommysoprano

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Jersey

I find Daryl more like Silvio and Glenn as Moltasanti.

Actually Rick's son is more like Christopher, if we want to get technical, and Daryl probably is more like Silvio! But that being said, I totally get the Christopher/Daryl reference, specifically when talking about killing the character off the show!

tommysoprano

tommysoprano

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Jersey

It is a very, very, funny tv show.

OMG Worst show ever put on TV! WORST!

tommysoprano

tommysoprano

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNew Jersey

And Shane like furio? Also, isn t rick to fat to be tony?

I assume you mean Tony to fat to be Rick? and no doubt Shane = Furio! Bangin the main dude's wife! (or wanting to bang her?)

Tay

Tay

Infected

• Members
I don't know when he'll die, but I believe once they off him, he'll be introduced in the comic not to long after.

daenerys

daenerys

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationNew Zealand
I can't see Daryl dying anywhere before the last half of the last season. It's one thing to kill off a main character, but quite another to kill off a fan favourite.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

I can't see Daryl dying anywhere before the last half of the last season. It's one thing to kill off a main character, but quite another to kill off a fan favourite.

Killing fan favorites raises the stakes and makes things more tense and interesting- if you don't do it too often. Killing off main characters/ fan favorites on a regular basis lessens the impact.

If you start to think of the characters as nothing more than cannon fodder, then the deaths are not very unsettling.

Also, the deaths need to well- written and well- directed.

I liked Dale's character a lot, but his death on the show really left something to be desired. It didn't hit me as hard as it should have. I think it was because he was killed off by just one walker who didn't bite him, but ripped his stomach open.

If you're gonna kill off a fan favorite, that is not the way to do it.

T-Dog's death was more unsettling than Dale's death because it was believable (it happened during an onslaught of dozens of walkers, not just one walker).

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

DarylAves

DarylAves

Infected

• Members
It's kind of an old topic, but hey.

Judging by my name, I really like Daryl. Favorite character of all time. And as someone said, when he dies, he should die a hero. Kirkman said that at one point everyone will die, even Rick. Both comics AND TV show, but that does NOT mean that The Walking Dead will end. The story just may follow Carl, or someone else? Of course, Carl is older, grown up, experienced. As said, both Daryl's and Rick's death should be as heroes. Of course, don't make it too unrealistic. What I don't want to see is one of them suddenly getting a bullet in the head from a sniper or a walker bite. That is NOT the way to do it. But then again DO NOT make it something like, a herd is incoming, they're in a house, Daryl/Rick opens door: GO! GOOOOO! *jumps among the zombies to grab their attention, no, just... no.

Anyway, to wrap it up, Daryl should stay for a LOOOONG time, if it was up to me, he'd live until his older age and then maybe die, but it's not. But you know what I'm getting at, kill him off near the end of the series, don't let the series go for 5 more seasons without him... That wouldn't be realistic, because, yes, everyone goes at one point, but a man that has been through so much, an expert tracker and hunter, to be killed off so soon? No, besides that, he is a fan favorite, which means, he goes, the viewing percentage goes. When that percentage starts going down, slowly, kill of Daryl, and boom, it's back up! It goes down again? No problem, boom, kill off, I don't know, Glenn! 7 seasons later, viewing percentage is miserable, AMC thinks about cancelling the show, NOPE, kill of Rick! Viewing percentage suddenly explodes from too much overload! See where I'm going at?

- Aves

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
In the comic, a certain somebody was killed by Negan in issue 100. I think in the mid season finale or finale of a season, Negan should do the eeny meeny and instead of picking this somebody, he picks Daryl and have the death be very graphic.
This death would obviously have to happen several seasons down the road. At this point, it doesn't even seem like Negan will ever be introduced.
I know a lot of you will thumb this down but I'm saying that IF Daryl ever gets killed off, this should be how it happens. He's the fan favorite and it'll be a huge shock and a great way to introduce the new villain.
I don't think the writers will have the guts, though. Also, I think somebody getting beaten to death with a bat is too dark for cable TV.
And for anyone who says that if he dies, you'll stop watching. Seriously? I love Daryl but he hasn't been carrying the show up to this point. If anything, ratings would improve.
Also, I think this would be better than him going out like an action movie hero. It's more realistic. Some people go out fighting hundreds of zombies and saving your friends, and some just get your head caved in by a bat.
What do you think?

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Officer_Friendly

Officer_Friendly

Roamer

• Members
It would definitely give the fans a reason to hate Negan. I HATED The Governor in the comics. In the T.V show I find it hard to have that same hate.

Chic

Chic

Roamer

• Members
I've always thought Daryl needed a young love like Lucille to make out with.

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members
I've always thought that Daryl would die like this too! As much as I don't want it to happen, I know it will (hopefully quite a few seasons down the road). IMO Daryl can never be taken down by walkers, he's proved himself hundreds of times. He also cannot be taken down by another weak or somewhat insignificant character.

The only ways that I can imagine Daryl dying at the moment are being Lucille's by Negan (what an introduction that would be), and dying because of a nondescript illness. Daryl has proven his toughness (mentally and physically) more times than I can count, but he can't do very much about twists of fate like that.

Don't get me wrong, I love Daryl. A lot. Borderline obsessive. And I love the way that Reedus is playing him. That man is extremely talented. I do think that he will die sometime in the very distant future. And then I will scream at the tv, cry, be sad/mad about it for weeks, rant about it on this website, and then I might get over it after a few months (or years, I won't know unless it happens). I LOVE Daryl and LOVE Reedus, but I think that his death is necessary eventually for character and plot development. As long as it doesn't happen for a good long while, I'll be okay. I think.

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members
I fail to see why Daryl should take all the cool aspects of the show and the comics.

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members

I fail to see why Daryl should take all the cool aspects of the show and the comics.

I don't think that he should take all of the cool story lines either! They definitely need to give Glenn and Tyreese some awesome story arcs from the comics, and some cool new tv show only arcs. I just can't think of very many ways for them to kill Daryl at the moment. That's why I'm not a writer :P. Hopefully the writers are able to come up with better ideas than me.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

In the comic, a certain somebody was killed by Negan in issue 100. I think in the mid season finale or finale of a season, Negan should do the eeny meeny and instead of picking this somebody, he picks Daryl and have the death be very graphic.
This death would obviously have to happen several seasons down the road. At this point, it doesn't even seem like Negan will ever be introduced.
I know a lot of you will thumb this down but I'm saying that IF Daryl ever gets killed off, this should be how it happens. He's the fan favorite and it'll be a huge shock and a great way to introduce the new villain.
I don't think the writers will have the guts, though. Also, I think somebody getting beaten to death with a bat is too dark for cable TV.
And for anyone who says that if he dies, you'll stop watching. Seriously? I love Daryl but he hasn't been carrying the show up to this point. If anything, ratings would improve.
Also, I think this would be better than him going out like an action movie hero. It's more realistic. Some people go out fighting hundreds of zombies and saving your friends, and some just get your head caved in by a bat.
What do you think?

I always imagined Daryl dying with a bullet to the head from outta nowhere. The Neegan "Lucille" death is too predictable- for any character.

Sorry, but I'm all for the changes they've made to the comic and I like how it has made things unpredictable and I hope to keep it that way, so the Neegan "Lucille" scene doesn't even need to happen in the TV show.

It wasn't even that great in the comic because it was so derivative of another execution scene that had taken place during the prison story arc.

Same exact drill, just with a different villain and a different weapon.

Replace the Katana with Lucille, and you have pretty much the same scene, lifted from another story arc. It's a rehash, Robert Kirman ripping off Robert Kirkman.

Anybody but Shane. That's my motto. :)

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket
Silly people. Daryl will die of exhaustion once myself, Mrs. DD and a few others have finished ravaging him in a very loving way. I like your motto, Dead Pelican.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I've always thought that Daryl would die like this too! As much as I don't want it to happen, I know it will (hopefully quite a few seasons down the road). IMO Daryl can never be taken down by walkers, he's proved himself hundreds of times. He also cannot be taken down by another weak or somewhat insignificant character.

The only ways that I can imagine Daryl dying at the moment are being Lucille's by Negan (what an introduction that would be), and dying because of a nondescript illness. Daryl has proven his toughness (mentally and physically) more times than I can count, but he can't do very much about twists of fate like that.

Don't get me wrong, I love Daryl. A lot. Borderline obsessive. And I love the way that Reedus is playing him. That man is extremely talented. I do think that he will die sometime in the very distant future. And then I will scream at the tv, cry, be sad/mad about it for weeks, rant about it on this website, and then I might get over it after a few months (or years, I won't know unless it happens). I LOVE Daryl and LOVE Reedus, but I think that his death is necessary eventually for character and plot development. As long as it doesn't happen for a good long while, I'll be okay. I think.

It would probably be too soon but it would also be cool if Daryl died at the end of the fourth season when the Governor decapitates him with a katana

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I always imagined Daryl dying with a bullet to the head from outta nowhere. The Neegan "Lucille" death is too predictable- for any character.

Sorry, but I'm all for the changes they've made to the comic and I like how it has made things unpredictable and I hope to keep it that way, so the Neegan "Lucille" scene doesn't even need to happen in the TV show.

It wasn't even that great in the comic because it was so derivative of another execution scene that had taken place during the prison story arc.

Same exact drill, just with a different villain and a different weapon.

Replace the Katana with Lucille, and you have pretty much the same scene, lifted from another story arc. It's a rehash, Robert Kirman ripping off Robert Kirkman.

Not the same scene. Just because they were both helplessly killed by a melee weapon?
Tyreese went out to kill the Governor and was captured. The Governor used him as a hostage. Rick had a clear choice and he let Tyreese die. He got his head sliced off by his girlfriend's katana.
Glenn was chosen out of chance by revenge and a way to strike fear into Rick. He was killed in front of his friends and family

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members
And he happened to receive the most brutal death by chance. I, again, dislike the idea that Daryl should get the coolest events.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I'd rather have Daryl simply survive the duration of the series. Being such a bad ass character that isn't in the comics plays a big part in keeping a unique feel to the TV series. His story arc is also completely unpredictable as he doesn't have any alternate story lines to draw from for inspiration, which is another great reason to keep him around.

Sadly, I do think he will be eventually killed off. I don't see it happening until at least season 5, but I could see the writers going for it in an attempt to 'shock' the viewers, as he is so popular. Business wise, it doesn't make a lot of sense, as I'm sure he sells the most merchandise, which could also possibly keep him safe. Like I said, his fate is completely unpredictable.

Personally I'd be pretty disappointed if they just give him some cheap death like that, especially one reenacted from the comics exactly. I actually think it'd be a lot better for the story if he made it to the end (especially if Rick does end up dying by the very end).

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!