When To Expect Daryl Dixon To Die.... ( Includes Comic Spoilers )

- - - - - daryl dixon death comic

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA

What if they killed him off like they did Axle in the comics?
Quick and with nothing to say.... Boom headshot

Axle gets shot in the head??

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA

Why do people agonize over what "may" happen to a character and then put "comic spoilers" in the title when Daryl isn't in the comics and the storyline has already deviated so much from the comics?

Daryl isn't in the comics???

Judari

Judari

Biter

• Members
I don't see why Daryl has to die. True if they do bring certain characters from the comic theoretically there can't be two badasses, but I would argue that would only be true if they were in the same arc. Even though the arcs have merged, this season we had people in Woodbury as well as the prison separated for the first half of the season, so you can solve your badass problem that way. Personally I love Norman so I hope he doesn't go anywhere but if he did, I pray he doesn't before they actually establish the new characters' personalities. There is a lot of development and back story in Daryl so far and it would be a waste of that to get rid of him before giving new characters any depth. We lost Shane, Dale, and Lori all who we knew a lot about (even if you didn't like them) in late S2/early S3 so its too early to kill off anyone else before giving these new characters time to shine.

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members
I would like to see Daryl die just because everyone said it can't be done. I'm always on the opposite side of the trade.

total_cypher

total_cypher

Infected

• Members

I would like to see Daryl die just because everyone said it can't be done. I'm always on the opposite side of the trade.

Me too.

For some reason I always want to see my favorite characters die in t.v., movies, or books.

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy

Me too.

For some reason I always want to see my favorite characters die in t.v., movies, or books.

As Season 3 is coming to an end, I'm starting to not mind whether Daryl dies or not. Look at how far the character has come, he's been an impact on the show and story that he'll be remembered no matter how many seasons are made - Although, I still hope he makes it past the prison because for some reason I see him dying at the hands of the Governor/Woodbury so he can be remembered alongside the Prison storyline...

FleshAndBlood

FleshAndBlood

Infected

• Members
  • LocationFrankfurt/G.
As soon as Eugene enters the show. Ain't no bad-ass motherfucker like him!

Chiefinspector

Chiefinspector

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSydney, AU
I think there are some characters that will not die for a long time. (to respond to a post above, Glenn being one of them.) The whole Daryl /Tyrese/Abraham triangle is going to be really hard to work out. It's one of those things that will just play out as it goes.
having said that, Abraham doesn't have to be in it at all.

I remember after the comic prison massacre, Kirkman said in the letter column something to the effect of it being a good way to wipe the slate clean and start again. You never know when they'll take the approach in the tv show. They might even make Abraham a Negan type.

To give everyone room to grow, the brothers might split off on their own for a while. That would let Tyreese form up, and then Daryl returns to the fold when hea realises what he's left behind.

Anyway this post is a bit all over the place. I think you get the gist.
I'm looking equally forward to where the TV show will take us, and the comic as well.

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia
I think he'll die mid or end of season 4. They'll have him around the rest of 3 to finish up his stories and completely round out his character. We've got a little bit left to see with him and Merle and how that plays out ultimately. Let the fangirls follow him into Season 4 and then you can axe him. By then everyone will be too invested in the series to stop watching just cause Norman Reedus is gone.

After all, he's not the main character and I think plenty of people will continue watching the show just because it is what it is.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

Joseph

Joseph

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationColchester, England.
I wouldn't expect his death any time to soon!

The soonest would be season 4 finale but more likely season 5-6 I'd expect his death!

I'd also give him a heroic death, probably saving Carl or something like that.

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA
It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Daryl is the most popular character in this series. Writers generally don't kill those off. Comics or not, they might want to keep the viewers happy.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland
Daryls a cash cow for AMC... he alone will sell that god awful game they are pumping out, so I really don't see AMC letting any writer off Daryl.
This is where the comic and the show have differed. Kirkman has never been afraid to off your favourite character in the comic, hell I think he loves getting you attached to someone just so he can kill them off but AMC are thinking about rating, and as has been mentioned alot Daryl is an extremely popular character... I think his story/development is close to being told, doesn't mean he has to die, who's to say he can't leave the main group? However while he's popular AMC will push for him to remain... its a shame because I worry Daryl will just become sideline character.

Craignum

Craignum

Infected

• Members
The whole question of when / if Daryl is going to die is really kind of a stupid one.

There seem to be two general camps, the "Never kill Daryl ever!" group. Or the "Kill Daryl because I want to be seen as a unique outsider to everyone else."

The actual logical group to be in is a third group, where you view Daryl for what he is, whether you like him or not. He is the main fan favourite of a highly successful show, and therefor a very large revenue stream for both AMC, Robert Kirkman, and anyone else associated with The Walking Dead. Why does this matter? Because Daryl is worth money. T-Shirts with Daryl on it, bobbleheads, action figures, maybe a special "What Daryl is doing in the comic verse novel" that Kirkman could write (and would sell millions). Because Daryl is such a cash cow, he is very unlikely to die, at least not until someone will take his mantel. However, there is always that outside chance that they will off him for the proper literary reasons, but Daryl will never be a "Oh he just got bit!" like T-Dog, it will be a big 2-3 part ark and he'll have a very Hollywood-esque death, despite how against normal Walking Dead norms this is.

You also have to remember the show appeals to a more standard audience. Normal people are not willing to deal with character deaths as easily as diehard fans of an overall genre or fiction source. My brother and many of his friends watch the show but dont like any other comic books or zombie fiction. They all have Daryl Dixon t-shirts.

Chiefinspector

Chiefinspector

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSydney, AU
...actually, that's a great thought. if Kirkman did a spin off comic, the Daryl and Merle show, if you take my meaning. It could be a completely seperate universe to the TV show, where they are just surviving together, and without the regular cast of characters, or with a different bunch. Would be pretty successful.

journeynsolace

journeynsolace

Roamer

• Members

The whole question of when / if Daryl is going to die is really kind of a stupid one.

There seem to be two general camps, the "Never kill Daryl ever!" group. Or the "Kill Daryl because I want to be seen as a unique outsider to everyone else."

The actual logical group to be in is a third group, where you view Daryl for what he is, whether you like him or not. He is the main fan favourite of a highly successful show, and therefor a very large revenue stream for both AMC, Robert Kirkman, and anyone else associated with The Walking Dead. Why does this matter? Because Daryl is worth money. T-Shirts with Daryl on it, bobbleheads, action figures, maybe a special "What Daryl is doing in the comic verse novel" that Kirkman could write (and would sell millions). Because Daryl is such a cash cow, he is very unlikely to die, at least not until someone will take his mantel. However, there is always that outside chance that they will off him for the proper literary reasons, but Daryl will never be a "Oh he just got bit!" like T-Dog, it will be a big 2-3 part ark and he'll have a very Hollywood-esque death, despite how against normal Walking Dead norms this is.

You also have to remember the show appeals to a more standard audience. Normal people are not willing to deal with character deaths as easily as diehard fans of an overall genre or fiction source. My brother and many of his friends watch the show but dont like any other comic books or zombie fiction. They all have Daryl Dixon t-shirts.

Yep. I made this argument too. They are not killing off Daryl Dixon because of the fanbase. It's not the comic with a large comic, but in the grand scheme of things small, following. It's an extremely successful cash cow for a major publicly-traded company. They aren't killing of a fan favorite who has become the single most iconic and marketable character/image from the show (after arguably the zombies themselves).

Timbersnake

Timbersnake

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationColumbia Tn

Carol and Beth in a safe place? Members of Tyreese's group are planning to take over as we speak. Lori and TDogg were both killed in the safe setting of the prison. Carol and Beth are protected by? an infant, a 13 year old boy, a one legged senior citizen, and a felon. The 13 year old is the best fighter. There is no safe place in the ZA.
Daryl does continually put his life at risk but he is also the best fighter in the group. Daryl is the Golden Goose, he can walk through a hail of bullets or a herd of zombies and he comes out unscathed.

Daryl can walk into a bathroom and come out with a ham sandwich.

Timbersnake

Timbersnake

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationColumbia Tn

...actually, that's a great thought. if Kirkman did a spin off comic, the Daryl and Merle show, if you take my meaning. It could be a completely seperate universe to the TV show, where they are just surviving together, and without the regular cast of characters, or with a different bunch. Would be pretty successful.

Like a Duck Dynasty Apocalypse?

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....

I think there are some characters that will not die for a long time. (to respond to a post above, Glenn being one of them.) The whole Daryl /Tyrese/Abraham triangle is going to be really hard to work out. It's one of those things that will just play out as it goes.
having said that, Abraham doesn't have to be in it at all.

Abraham was a thousand times more complex and interesting a character than Tyreese, not to mention much more instrumental to the storyline, so by god, they better include him :(

I'm sure Tyreese will bite it by the end of next season though, assuming the whole prison storyline concludes by then (the beheading is iconic, and they're unlikely to have Daryl take it, for obvious reasons).

BigEd

BigEd

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMassachusetts

Like a Duck Dynasty Apocalypse?

It is a very, very, funny tv show.

?youfollowme?

?youfollowme?

Infected

• Members
I haven't read the whole thread (using my phone) so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned. Anyone think he dies like Lori did in the comic? They shown him with the baby already so I think that would be a surprise and tragic.

Maztarded

Maztarded

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

I don't understand why a character like Daryl just HAS to die when a character like Carol needs to live on. A person like Daryl is someone who can survive in this world but for some reason everybody wants him to die. Im not one of those people who stop watching or "riot" if he dies but, I just don't find it believable that a badass can't survive but carol, Beth and Maggie can.

Maggies a badass! She can stick up for herself, but I do agree about carol and beth
Nobody Cries When Everyone Dies Because... No One's Alive.

michaelmyers

michaelmyers

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationLouisville Ky
Ultimately it's a tv show that's a huge money maker and Norman Reedus is widely popular with a massive fan base, he's not going anywhere for a long time. I am personally pleased with that because I'm a huge fan of his work. Darryl is a character who's very complex, he has strong relationships with many characters in this show although it appears as if he doesn't (Carl, Carol, Rick, Merle)...AND he's the ultimate survivor knowing that area better than anyone there & living off the land. So he has many things going for him. I agree with the person who posted that they can see him being the end survivor with a bow in his hand.. or possibly, himself, Rick, Carl & the baby. In the end there will be very few I am sure of that much.

Ihuntwalkers

Ihuntwalkers

Infected

• Members
I see Daryl dieng in the final episode. Daryl and Meryl fight but maybe some walkers get into town or they manage to get the drop on two of the Woodbury force and make it back to the prison.Both Merle and Daryl. The Gov sends Andrea in to tell them to give up etc etc.. They attack while she is still in the prison. Tyrese offers help with Woodbury force due to Carl's helping them. All hell breaks loose during the battle between the Woodbury force and Rick's group.( Walkers Included) Merle gets the drop on Rick in which an arrow pierces Merles skull then Rick spins around to see that Daryl has killed his own brother and then a walker appears over Daryl's shoulder and gets Daryl.

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members

Maggies a badass! She can stick up for herself, but I do agree about carol and beth

Maggie can't die. She's the only attractive female on the show.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen
Daryl dies when TPTB decide that it's time. No way to predict when that will be. The show is mainly about Rick anyway, and Rick's character has gotten a lot more interesting this season. Andrew Lincoln's acting is some of the best yet. The evolution of his character is what it's all about.

Seems like a lot of people are more focused on what's going to happen to the show's supporting cast these days.

I find it a little odd but that's just me.

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!