When To Expect Daryl Dixon To Die.... ( Includes Comic Spoilers )

- - - - - daryl dixon death comic

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members

That's one of the reasons why I'm worrying he'll be killed off soon - it's the same situation with black characters, you can't have 2 badasses in a group at a time...

Why not?

ImNext_Lij

ImNext_Lij

Infected

• Members
  • LocationRosita's Pants

That's one of the reasons why I'm worrying he'll be killed off soon - it's the same situation with black characters, you can't have 2 badasses in a group at a time...

Agreed

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy

Why not?

Well like mentioned, I think Daryl shares many similar traits with Abraham, especially how he has developed over the course of the three seasons from a hard-ass to a valued member of the group.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

Not sure if this needs spoiler tags, has to do with Mazzara dismissal:

Spoiler

Spoiler

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

bula412

bula412

Infected

• Members

I don't understand why a character like Daryl just HAS to die when a character like Carol needs to live on. A person like Daryl is someone who can survive in this world but for some reason everybody wants him to die. Im not one of those people who stop watching or "riot" if he dies but, I just don't find it believable that a badass can't survive but carol, Beth and Maggie can.

Darryl is more likely to die than carol or beth because he is always on the front line, always in putting his life at risk. while darryl and rick are invading a protected fortress(woodbury) to rescue their friends, carol and beth are safely sitting at the prison, doing the laundry and wondering if the rest will come back. it's easy to see that being a strong character involved in the fight is MORE likely to die trying to fend off invaders, whether they be walkers or people, while the others are escaping

Yelnots

Yelnots

Biter

• Members
  • LocationToronto.
Spoiler

“Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.”

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members
I think that Daryl could die some trivial or otherwise unavoidable death, like sickness or being Lucille'd! I really hope that they go for the latter. It would provide some great shock value and emotions from the audience. It would also change the characters. Has anyone noticed how close Daryl and rick have gotten? If Negan kills Daryl, rick would definitely want revenge....

That being said, I hope that Daryl doesn't die until at least Alexandria. I love his character so much!! But I believe he does have to die to advance the plot... hopefully his death is not for a good long while!

Drunktard

Drunktard

S-mart Employee

• Members
Daryl is too prepared for what the world has become. And although Im not crazy about his character, I recognize its not easy to kill a strong independant hunter. I don't think anyone (living or walkers) could sneak up on him without being noticed.
The only other characters that seem to be on his level are Michone and Merle.

I can't see Daryl biting the dust anytime soon, but when he does I expect it will be meaningful, he will probably die a hero.

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members

Well like mentioned, I think Daryl shares many similar traits with Abraham, especially how he has developed over the course of the three seasons from a hard-ass to a valued member of the group.

I don't think that answers my question.

Why can't you have more than one "badass" in a group? You obviously have Rick, Daryl, Tyreese, and Glenn (who's drastically starting to toughen up).

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....

Daryl just reminds me so much of Abraham

He's far from being like Abraham, outside of the general 'bad-ass' image. There's much more to both characters than that.

ShaneGang

ShaneGang

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOhio
For shock value im hoping he takes a dive this season or by the end of next.

walkerbait13

walkerbait13

Biter

• Members

For shock value im hoping he takes a dive this season or by the end of next.

Its not good if a character dies ONLY for shock value.. it really should do something to advance the characters or plot imo

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....

Its not good if a character dies ONLY for shock value.. it really should do something to advance the characters or plot imo

It's not necessarily shock value, it's just staying true to real life (and thus staying true to the whole intention of the series to begin with). Abraham's death showed this, Morgan's death (in the comic) showed this, Dale's death (in both mediums) showed this, etc.

I just wanted to point that one detail out. I'm not trying to dispute Daryl's fate; though I'm sure we all know by this point that if and when the time comes to kill him off, they'll give him as heroic a death as they possibly can (watch it be all in slow motion, with angel choirs singing and shit).

bournesto33

bournesto33

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationtexas
I dont see Daryl dying anytime soon

ImNext_Lij

ImNext_Lij

Infected

• Members
  • LocationRosita's Pants
What if they killed him off like they did Axle in the comics?
Quick and with nothing to say.... Boom headshot

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy

I don't think that answers my question.

Why can't you have more than one "badass" in a group? You obviously have Rick, Daryl, Tyreese, and Glenn (who's drastically starting to toughen up).

*Sigh* I didn't mean "badass" in particular :P I was just talking about how similar they are, well, in my head. I see Daryl and Abraham similar to how people see Shane, Tyreese and Abraham in the comics where they all stand as Rick's number two or the groups muscle in particular... Although for some reason when I picture Daryl and Abraham, I see them as either the same person or TOO similar (that's just me).

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy

they'll give him as heroic a death as they possibly can (watch it be all in slow motion, with angel choirs singing and shit).

lol

Luv2readt.

Luv2readt.

S-mart Employee

• Members

Darryl is more likely to die than carol or beth because he is always on the front line, always in putting his life at risk. while darryl and rick are invading a protected fortress(woodbury) to rescue their friends, carol and beth are safely sitting at the prison, doing the laundry and wondering if the rest will come back. it's easy to see that being a strong character involved in the fight is MORE likely to die trying to fend off invaders, whether they be walkers or people, while the others are escaping

Carol and Beth in a safe place? Members of Tyreese's group are planning to take over as we speak. Lori and TDogg were both killed in the safe setting of the prison. Carol and Beth are protected by? an infant, a 13 year old boy, a one legged senior citizen, and a felon. The 13 year old is the best fighter. There is no safe place in the ZA.
Daryl does continually put his life at risk but he is also the best fighter in the group. Daryl is the Golden Goose, he can walk through a hail of bullets or a herd of zombies and he comes out unscathed.

Pirouette22

Pirouette22

Infected

• Members
I don't see them killing Daryl off until the final season, or the season finale before the final season. They have spent too much time and effort developing him as a character, and he is way too popular with the audience. They can get away with killing characters like T-Dogg, Shane, and Lori off, but killing Daryl is a huge risk I am not sure the AMC execs are willing to take right now. I think most people would accept Glenn dying over Daryl at this point.

Daryl is one of those characters that are too established in the story and have too much development to undergo to be killed off early. I have made this argument before, but Daryl is a lot like Richard Harrow on Boardwalk Empire or Christopher Moltasanti on The Sopranos. They are not lead characters, but killing them off too early is/would have been a huge mistake. I think Daryl and Abraham could exist in the same world, but they would have to bring in another female, too, if they are going to get rid of Carol or Andrea.

Daisy

Daisy

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationMount Doom
Never ever. He's clearly a descendant of the Kurgan, fighting to survive in a world with the darkest power, he has no rival no man can be his equal, saviour of the future of us all. Born to be king (weeee wereee booorn to be princes of the universe!).
I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on.

Jon W

Jon W

Lurker

• Members

Never ever. He's clearly a descendant of the Kurgan, fighting to survive in a world with the darkest power, he has no rival no man can be his equal, saviour of the future of us all. Born to be king (weeee wereee booorn to be princes of the universe!).

Considering where he grew up (Southern Mountains) and where those folks came from, he's more likely to be a descent of the McCloud clan.

On the other hand, think about who in the TWD mix actually DOES use a sword....

TOMODACHI58

TOMODACHI58

Infected

• Members
Why do people agonize over what "may" happen to a character and then put "comic spoilers" in the title when Daryl isn't in the comics and the storyline has already deviated so much from the comics?

Daisy

Daisy

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationMount Doom

Considering where he grew up (Southern Mountains) and where those folks came from, he's more likely to be a descent of the McCloud clan.

On the other hand, think about who in the TWD mix actually DOES use a sword....

True, I just remembered that the Kurgan actually had a katana. It's all making sense now, won't be long till they're fighting for survival. There can only be one!
I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Why do people agonize over what "may" happen to a character and then put "comic spoilers" in the title when Daryl isn't in the comics and the storyline has already deviated so much from the comics?

I don't think anyone here is "agonizing" over it, just speculating when or if he may die.
The reason there are *comic spoilers* in the title is because the OP referenced comic characters.

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members

I don't see them killing Daryl off until the final season, or the season finale before the final season. They have spent too much time and effort developing him as a character, and he is way too popular with the audience. They can get away with killing characters like T-Dogg, Shane, and Lori off, but killing Daryl is a huge risk I am not sure the AMC execs are willing to take right now. I think most people would accept Glenn dying over Daryl at this point.

Daryl is one of those characters that are too established in the story and have too much development to undergo to be killed off early. I have made this argument before, but Daryl is a lot like Richard Harrow on Boardwalk Empire or Christopher Moltasanti on The Sopranos. They are not lead characters, but killing them off too early is/would have been a huge mistake. I think Daryl and Abraham could exist in the same world, but they would have to bring in another female, too, if they are going to get rid of Carol or Andrea.

I find Daryl more like Silvio and Glenn as Moltasanti.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!