When To Expect Daryl Dixon To Die.... ( Includes Comic Spoilers )

- - - - - daryl dixon death comic

ImNext_Lij

ImNext_Lij

Infected

• Members
  • LocationRosita's Pants
I think before they hit the road to D.C.
If Abraham is introduced when he is suppose to (Unlike Tyrese) then Daryl will be gone before then can u really picture Rick, Daryl, and Abraham alive at the same time? I dont

NoZombieNoCry

NoZombieNoCry

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationMordor
Daryl is never going to die.
Not a native speaker, be patient.

Tyler

Tyler

Lurker

• Members
  • Locationsomewhere safe
By the end of season 4.

simplysarah

simplysarah

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Daryl can never die! Ok, I know he can but still the thought sucks. I fully expected him to die in the mid-season finale, sooooo glad he didn't!!! I think they'll kill him off in the season finale though. :zombiethumbsdown:

Edocil

Edocil

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationGreendale
As much as I love Daryl I think he'll need to die in the next season or two, as much as I think he needs to die I think thats why Glen Mazarra ultimately left because he wanted to kill daryl and AMC disagreed

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUnder your bed.....

I think before they hit the road to D.C.
If Abraham is introduced when he is suppose to (Unlike Tyrese) then Daryl will be gone before then can u really picture Rick, Daryl, and Abraham alive at the same time? I dont

Rick, Daryl, and Tyreese are coexisting together, so.....yeah, I can certainly imagine it.

Jenners

Jenners

Roamer

• Members
I honestly believe that depending on the writers and if AMC is chasing ratings that their going to keep the characters around that are attracting viewers. Daryl, an obvious example, attracts a younger aged group because of "fantasies" and the attraction to Daryl's character.

if this is the case, I'd really prefer it not to be. I'd like to see characters stay and go even if I really do like them.
I love my town; This will not define us. 12/14/12. We choose love.

simplysarah

simplysarah

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I honestly believe that depending on the writers and if AMC is chasing ratings that their going to keep the characters around that are attracting viewers. Daryl, an obvious example, attracts a younger aged group because of "fantasies" and the attraction to Daryl's character.

if this is the case, I'd really prefer it not to be. I'd like to see characters stay and go even if I really do like them.

I'm far from "young" and I still have those fantasies! :sex:

However as much as I love him, I do believe he will go in a finale as "shock value"

Ahrean

Ahrean

Roamer

• Members
Not sure if this needs spoiler tags, has to do with Mazzara dismissal:

Spoiler

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah

However as much as I love him, I do believe he will go in a finale as "shock value"

You mean more of a disappointment value.

I think Daryl will be the last man standing... they'll show him standing in the middle of a road, crossbow over his shoulder with the sun setting behind him as the camera pans back farther and farther away from him .... fade to black.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members
^^ Your'e probably spot-on with that. 'Tis a shame, since, to me, Daryl's character naturally should be coming to a end with the Prison/Woodbury arc, assuming Merle dies (which I'm 99.9% sure he will, as the nature of his character isn't meant for the long-term). His entire character up to this point (molding into the group, showing off his soft-side, developing bonds with his fellow survivors) has revolved around Merle and their eventual reunion/fall-out. Once that's done and over with, I really don't see what possible story could be left to tell for him, without it being a regurgitation of past material.

Tyler

Tyler

Lurker

• Members
  • Locationsomewhere safe

^^ Your'e probably spot-on with that. 'Tis a shame, since, to me, Daryl's character naturally should be coming to a end with the Prison/Woodbury arc, assuming Merle dies (which I'm 99.9% sure he will, as the nature of his character isn't meant for the long-term). His entire character up to this point (molding into the group, showing off his soft-side, developing bonds with his fellow survivors) has revolved around Merle and their eventual reunion/fall-out. Once that's done and over with, I really don't see what possible story could be left to tell, without it being a regurgitation of past material.

I agree. His relationship in Carol for example can only go so far. After this whole Daryl/Merle thing i think it would be a good time to kill him off, to give room for other characters to shine and get development. Maybe keep him around for one more season but other then that just kill him.

simplysarah

simplysarah

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I think Daryl will be the last man standing... they'll show him standing in the middle of a road, crossbow over his shoulder with the sun setting behind him as the camera pans back farther and farther away from him .... fade to black.

Personally, I'd LOVE to see that. :wub:

Ahrean

Ahrean

Roamer

• Members

^^ Your'e probably spot-on with that. 'Tis a shame, since, to me, Daryl's character naturally should be coming to a end with the Prison/Woodbury arc, assuming Merle dies (which I'm 99.9% sure he will, as the nature of his character isn't meant for the long-term). His entire character up to this point (molding into the group, showing off his soft-side, developing bonds with his fellow survivors) has revolved around Merle and their eventual reunion/fall-out. Once that's done and over with, I really don't see what possible story could be left to tell for him, without it being a regurgitation of past material.

Actually his development has been his own, not Merle's and that's the entire point, to me.

Matt

Matt

Biter

• Members

Actually his development has been his own, not Merle's and that's the entire point, to me.

Well yeah, its technically his own. I was just saying that it's all been in relation to Merle - all the things he tried to keep Daryl from doing/being. This was all building towards when the two would eventually reunite and clash (because of course it wouldn't be much of a reunion, for us as the audience, if Daryl had stayed the exact same as when his brother was still part of the group in S1)

Ricktatorship

Ricktatorship

S-mart Employee

• Members
Daryl is going no where because AMC have recently been striving for larger number of viewers especiialy in season 3...

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
You're kidding yourself if you think Daryl is gonna die this season.

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy
I think that by the time Merle dies, they should keep Daryl around a bit longer so we, as viewers can see how he handles (develops) it. It would be interesting if his character became like
Spoiler
, although I would like for him to stick around until the end of the series.

NoZombieNoCry

NoZombieNoCry

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationMordor

Daryl is never going to die.

Come on! Im just saying he is a cash machine. They are not going to let him go!! stop redpointting me, I think 4 redpoints is quite enough
Not a native speaker, be patient.

Branson

Branson

Infected

• Members
I don't understand why a character like Daryl just HAS to die when a character like Carol needs to live on. A person like Daryl is someone who can survive in this world but for some reason everybody wants him to die. Im not one of those people who stop watching or "riot" if he dies but, I just don't find it believable that a badass can't survive but carol, Beth and Maggie can.

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City
I can let him go as long as Merle's gone, too.

Jon W

Jon W

Lurker

• Members
Season 5 Mid-Season Finale.

I don't think Merle is going to die this season (too much fun having he AND his brother around for a while). I do think Merle will then die sometime in Season 4. After that, Daryl will have 'new growth' to do, reacting to the loss of his brother.

Season 4 has been announced, I would be completely astonished if TWD lost enough audience in Season 4 to not be renewed. However, Season 5 will be more difficult. At that point, the show will need 'something dramatic' to pull people in.

Of course, his death would annoy his fans (he would need to go out in a major, dramatically correct fashion) and then it would be interesting to watch what happens to the group without him. That would be the last gasp to try to get enough people watching to have the show renew for Season 6.

So, Season 5 mid-season finale....

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members
  • LocationReleased early for good behavior...
Daryl dies when
Spoiler

ImNext_Lij

ImNext_Lij

Infected

• Members
  • LocationRosita's Pants

Rick, Daryl, and Tyreese are coexisting together, so.....yeah, I can certainly imagine it.

Daryl just reminds me so much of Abraham

Boone

Boone

Biter

• Members
  • LocationUp the Academy

Daryl just reminds me so much of Abraham

That's one of the reasons why I'm worrying he'll be killed off soon - it's the same situation with black characters, you can't have 2 badasses in a group at a time...

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!