The Last Stand: Dead Zone

- - - - - The Last Stand Con Artist Games survival mmo

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony
Does anybody here play The Last Stand: Dead Zone?
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

Does anybody here play The Last Stand: Dead Zone?

I know its a game but know next to nothing about it- worth a play?

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
The Last Stand: Dead Zone on Armor Games

Build, fight, scavenge and survive against infected and humans alike in this action strategy RPG. 350 days have passed since the initial outbreak and you are one of the few remaining in the ruins of Union City, now known only as the Dead Zone.

I play on Armor Games. It requires a free account (you can also play on Facebook). Its basically a Freemium Massive Mulitplayer Online Game that's set in a zombie apocalypse. You start with a leader and a compound, and scavenge resources, weapons, and gear in order to build more buildings to attract new survivors.
"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland
sounds cool, is it all NPC or you link up online players?

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
Running missions to other locations (police stations, hardware stores, grocery stores, hospitals, etc) are full of Infected, or zombies. However, there are other Compounds on you map that are inhabited by other players. There is a PvP function, where you can raid other players' Compounds and steal their resources, however they must be offline in order for you to raid them. The defending player's survivors are controlled by AI.

I really don't do PvP. I just play because zombies.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland
Ah may have to check it out... here's the big question though; traditional zombies or running zombies?

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
A mixture of both. At lower levels, the zombies you face are traditional: slow, decayed, easily-handled. As you level up, they introduce fat zombies, which are tougher and can knock your survivors back (stun them), and then they introduce running, frenzied versions of both. You end up seeing poilce zombies (with armor), army zombies (with better armor), and HERC zombies (with even better armor, and HERC is the "Umbrella" of the Last Stand series). They've also introduced bruisers (fat, mohawked zombies that are really tough) and riot gear SWAT zombies (think gas mask walker from the Season 3 premiere).

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland
may just have to sign up... cheers for the heads up on this

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere
I just made an account just to play. Fun, so far. Too bad it's one of those 'wait days for shit to be finished' games. And I ain't spending no money on fuel.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
Yeah, I haven't bought fuel either. It's good to play at work, because it's not very time consuming. I run a few missions and then do some work until they get back.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland
just signed up- lets see then...

PrisonerForLife

PrisonerForLife

Infected

• Members
  • LocationChicago
I've had my account for a while. Maybe a month or so. I have 8 survivors and counting. What I'll do is I would come back after school each day, and collect their food and water and resources from the Production places. Then I would send some of the survivors on a mission outside the compound, and the rest would do something inside the compound like clear debris, update a building, etc. Then I'd do this each day. It got things done efficiently, and then on weekends I would go hardcore and do several missions in a day, and do a bunch of stuff. It really is a good game though, if you have doubt you should try it

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!