- - - - - issue 85 85 infinity and beyond variant

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
I just bought this:

http://www.infinityb...&cat=491&page=1

Very excited for it to arrive, but I imagine it'll be a small wait since it has to come across the pond. Do any of you UK guys (or even avid US collectors) have this issue?

The description mentioned the cover was printed on card stock over the regular issue. Is this card stock cover stapled to the issue and simply place over the original issue, or is the card stock cover simply folded and placed over the regular issue?

Pictures of your issue would be helpful, but not going to twist anyone's arm about it.

http://www.ReadTheWalkingDead.com

For Collectors, By Collectors.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland
Its stapled mate... I can upload some picture later if you want? Its the card stock stapled over the original/standard issue 85 cover, the inside of the card-stock is blank so you can get sketches etc... hope that helps

edit: also the cakes centre is blank for signatures... was lucky enough to get him to sign my copy... mrs got me another copy signed by Kirkman and Adlard so pretty stoked!! may be selling my signed Adlard copy.

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Its stapled mate... I can upload some picture later if you want? Its the card stock stapled over the original/standard issue 85 cover, the inside of the card-stock is blank so you can get sketches etc... hope that helps

edit: also the cakes centre is blank for signatures... was lucky enough to get him to sign my copy... mrs got me another copy signed by Kirkman and Adlard so pretty stoked!! may be selling my signed Adlard copy.

All questions answered, thank you. I'll be ordering the new Adlard 100 variant too. Mine wont be signed, but I'm still glad to have the variants as they're limited to 2000 and only available in the UK. Makes my collection, as a Yank, pretty unique.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

All questions answered, thank you. I'll be ordering the new Adlard 100 variant too. Mine wont be signed, but I'm still glad to have the variants as they're limited to 2000 and only available in the UK. Makes my collection, as a Yank, pretty unique.

Yea being limited to 2000 and still some available on their website amazes me... especially when you consider, in my opinion its one of the best TWD covers ever! was a good turn out at the signing/celebration do, wish I lived closer to Infinity its a great comic book store.
Hoping to get Charlie to do a sketch on the inside of #106 - all depends on the turn out I guess...

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Yea being limited to 2000 and still some available on their website amazes me... especially when you consider, in my opinion its one of the best TWD covers ever! was a good turn out at the signing/celebration do, wish I lived closer to Infinity its a great comic book store.
Hoping to get Charlie to do a sketch on the inside of #106 - all depends on the turn out I guess...

I was surprised too, on the US's eBay site this particular variant sells for no less than $30 unsigned. Signed copies go for roughly $50 (I think). I want the new variant pretty badly, are you attending the event to get it signed personally?

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

I was surprised too, on the US's eBay site this particular variant sells for no less than $30 unsigned. Signed copies go for roughly $50 (I think). I want the new variant pretty badly, are you attending the event to get it signed personally?

Yea I will be going to it mate, would love a sketch by Charlie- something 1 off, so hopefully can...
That's crazy, usually us in UK paying over the odds for comics!
Yea the new variant is awesome, its nice it all personal to him... the lego star destroyer cuz he loves lego, the crashed car is his car, the drums cuz he plays drums in a band- all pretty awesome stuff plus its outside his local comic book store

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Yea I will be going to it mate, would love a sketch by Charlie- something 1 off, so hopefully can...
That's crazy, usually us in UK paying over the odds for comics!
Yea the new variant is awesome, its nice it all personal to him... the lego star destroyer cuz he loves lego, the crashed car is his car, the drums cuz he plays drums in a band- all pretty awesome stuff plus its outside his local comic book store

Any chance I can convince you to pick me up a signed copy? I'd pay you for your costs and then extra for your time, effort and shipping. I'm a pretty serious collector, wouldn't mind doing it through eBay if it would make you feel better.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

Any chance I can convince you to pick me up a signed copy? I'd pay you for your costs and then extra for your time, effort and shipping. I'm a pretty serious collector, wouldn't mind doing it through eBay if it would make you feel better.

Sorry mate already grabbing an additional copy for a friend, think they'd take exception to me getting 3 signed...

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Sorry mate already grabbing an additional copy for a friend, think they'd take exception to me getting 3 signed...

Yeah, I can agree there. Don't want anyone at the comic shop feeling offended. Do you know if they put signed copies up for sale on the website or is that something you can only get in person?

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

Yeah, I can agree there. Don't want anyone at the comic shop feeling offended. Do you know if they put signed copies up for sale on the website or is that something you can only get in person?

they usually have them on the website, limited to 2000 but wont even get half of that at the signing from what guy told me so Charlie will sign some on behalf of the store (no certificate tho) and put them up at a reasonable price... I've dealt with them in person and online and can say only good things.

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

they usually have them on the website, limited to 2000 but wont even get half of that at the signing from what guy told me so Charlie will sign some on behalf of the store (no certificate tho) and put them up at a reasonable price... I've dealt with them in person and online and can say only good things.

I may just stick with an unsigned copy. The certificate of authenticity is important to me as a collector.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

I may just stick with an unsigned copy. The certificate of authenticity is important to me as a collector.

Depends how you acquire it I guess, my collection is for me, its resale value means nothing... so if I see him sign it or its a store like Infinity which have an affiliation of sorts with Adlard I have no issue because I have no intention of reselling it... I wouldn't buy anything online without COA though, Infinity is the exception that proves the rule lol.

EXE.DMG

EXE.DMG

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Depends how you acquire it I guess, my collection is for me, its resale value means nothing... so if I see him sign it or its a store like Infinity which have an affiliation of sorts with Adlard I have no issue because I have no intention of reselling it... I wouldn't buy anything online without COA though, Infinity is the exception that proves the rule lol.

If I were there in person it wouldnt bother me as much, I'd get a photo shaking hands if I could for the cool factor. I mostly dont want doubt coming onto my collection by anyone. I know it shouldnt matter, but I like being able to say "told you so".

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!