How Would You Have Attacked Woodbury And What Would You Do Next

attack assault woodbury suicide king made to suffer season 3 episode 8 season 3 episode 9

crisscross1993

crisscross1993

Infected

• Members
So what would you have done diferently if you where going to plan the assault on woodbury and what would your future plans be defending and attacking them here are mine.

For one thing I would have bought a dozan maybe two dozan molatove cocktails they could probabley burn down woodbury quite easyly and if you set fire to the baracades aswell you might even be able to kill them all unless they have other ways of escaping.

So sneak in find maggie and gleen and then start burning down as many buildings as you can then get over the wall and set fire to it and any other walls around woodburys perimiter and any building that can open onto the outside and then make a run for it.

Oh and I would have given michon a pistol aswell because for some reason she dosent seem to carry one if she had she could probabley have killed the govener.

But lets say they save daryly and merle and andrea joins the group and tyrees group stays aswell and for some reason they cant counter attack woodbury by just burning it down here is how I would defend the prison from woodbury I would attract as many walkers as posible to the prison and keep a layer of them on the walls I would have 2 or more people set up in each tower and most of the rest on the roof with 1 or 2 people in the prison with walkie talkies making sure they cant come in through the back I might also have andrea and maybe others set up outside the prison somehere in the woods to snipe them I would also have lots of traps set up for example small holes in the ground filled ith sharpened wooden stakes covered in poision feces or walker drool.

I would allso leave some cars a distance from the prison incase the shit hit the fan and some in the prison as getout cars asell and a lot of molatov cocktails aswell, I would also fill the tunels that open out to the back of the prison with walkers.

I would allso have some means of locking most of the doors and cells so you can lock the woodbury group out and allso if walkers flood in they could just get inside a cell lock it then stab all the walkers in the head through the bars.

If everything does go wrong i would have a couple of rally point set up for example hershels farm
(if its still there).

Overall the woodbury group may have the numbers but I dont see how they could win if rick played things smart in the comic he
Spoiler

So thats more or less what I would do so what about you how would you have done things diferently when they attacked woodbury and how would you defend the prision.

Sorry my spelling and writing overall just generaly sucks I know it does and I do try so please dont comment on it.

And I have been lurking on this forum since about midway through the first season i have allso watched every episode and read every comic but I only just got around to making a acount so hi guys.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
I'd toss Woodbury a small tactical nuke and chalk Glenn and Maggie as collateral damage. Nuff said!

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Timbersnake

Timbersnake

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationColumbia Tn

I'd toss Woodbury a small tactical nuke and chalk Glenn and Maggie as collateral damage. Nuff said!

I would have brought a few bags of walker heads and throw them over the wall. Gov would have been so busy collecting them for his tanks that anyone could have got in and rescued the two lost kids.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators
First off, Welcome Crisscross! Wow, you've been lurking since S1? We are glad you decided to join in. :zombiethumbsup:

Regarding the group going into Woodbury, they didn't have a lot of information but they did know that there were families and children residing in Woodbury, so I don't think Rick would have taken that tact going in initially.

I do agree that they have a lot of preparation to do to get the prison ready for an attack. Repairing the fence where Tyreese's group entered should be a high priority.

kat3281

kat3281

Infected

• Members
I agree about mending the fence but even then, it is just too easy to cut a whole through (like Glenn did when they first got there) or even just untie the whole they closed up. I did not get the impression the fence was electric, but if it is, turning on the generator and using that would be a great deterrent. Also turning on the speakers as their enemies get close to the fence will draw every nearby walker to them to deal with. They made a point of telling us Axel was fixing the generators, so I would not be surprised if they used them in their defense.

I agree that destroying Woodbury with children living there would not be a first choice. If it comes down to war, which it will, I still am not sure Rick is at a point where he could bring himself to do that. Same with the idea of bringing a herd to Woodbury. But I have been surprised by some of things Rick has done this season, such as digging his hand into Michonne's wound to get her to talk, so anything is possible. Personally, my biggest goal would be setting up traps and defense for the prison. One idea would be at night to go use Daryl's crossbow and take out as many wall defenders from Woodbury as possible quietly to even the numbers as well.

NoZombieNoCry

NoZombieNoCry

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationMordor
Honestly, I would trade Glenn and Maggie for Daryl. Then a cuple of weeks after he would just walk away.
Not a native speaker, be patient.

p-dizzle

p-dizzle

Lurker

• Members
While attracting walkers and have the town panic is a good idea, trying to organize a walker attack without beeing seen, heard or spotted (since you would have to dangle something in front of them to follow you) is almost impossible.

Take a car, jam up the accelerator, and horn then ram the front gates open, creating havoc in the town, enough that all eyes are on this vehicle. This might even cause the car to crash into a wall causing it to explode. Gunshots will be fired and all type of defense is at a stand still. All men on deck on this car so forget about the prisoners (just leave one insignificant guard to watch them) The noise and visual of the fire should be enough to attrack nearby walkers. The broken gate will take more than a couple of minutes to patch up or barricaed again. Towns people will be in disarray making it almost impossible to control them.

Weakness of the security on Woodbury is evident specially since Mischonne was able to waltz in and out undetected. We at least know what one building is not secured properly and can be accessed from the outside. Take your people and use this entrance to gain access to the town ninja styles.

Locate your friends and then leave the same way.

Guards, even if they spot you, will have more on their hands than just trying to kill you off. They have a wide open entrance for walkers to deal with as well.

The downfall of it all, innocent people will be killed and its also possible that your friend might be executed on the spot if the Gov freaks.

remmdog

remmdog

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationCT
Only difference I would work in is to have Michonne stick with the damn group. Honestly if she doesn't run off for her revenge the governor never knows its her and doesn't end up phsyco. They probably all get out alive. One difference would be to leave the way they came in... not go over the wall to expose themselves, they sneaked in why not sneak out just as easily.

Granted this route would end up with Andrea still in the dark, Merle still on the side of the Governor and Michonne still pouting... :zombie02:

zombiekitten

zombiekitten

Banned

• Members

Sorry my spelling and writing overall just generaly sucks I know it does and I do try so please dont comment on it.

Sorry to deny your request but...perhaps it's time to be a grownup and fix that? Just sayin'.

Ricktatorship

Ricktatorship

S-mart Employee

• Members
I hoped for a massive shootout in cars that ended at the prison or something...

Anyway, for Rick now, I think they know of the Woodbury threat and deal with it by setting traps like you mentioned on roads and forests. They dig holes and cover them up so walkers could get to the people that fell down. I think Rick should fix the back of the prison because I have a funny feeling thats where the spies will go that The Guv sent in 3x07 (i think)

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon
Sneak in and start a fire whilst a seperate team leads hundreds of walkers against one of the walls, and escape via the other

p-dizzle

p-dizzle

Lurker

• Members

Watch this OP!
https://www.youtube....h?v=MFOQZ6Sr_dI

As for your question, Rick would have handled it the same way. Seeing that every situation his crew is pretty much out numbered, he would have gone in there right into Guillermo's face and if shit hit the fan, he was going to take the main guy out.

The question should have been, how would S3 Glen handle the Vatos?

I hoped for a massive shootout in cars that ended at the prison or something...

Anyway, for Rick now, I think they know of the Woodbury threat and deal with it by setting traps like you mentioned on roads and forests. They dig holes and cover them up so walkers could get to the people that fell down. I think Rick should fix the back of the prison because I have a funny feeling thats where the spies will go that The Guv sent in 3x07 (i think)

The Gov wanted to send men out to scope out the prison crew but that was the same time they were attacked by Rick and the gang. They were never able to send out a search party.

Sneak in and start a fire whilst a seperate team leads hundreds of walkers against one of the walls, and escape via the other

How does a team lead hundreds of walkers to a fully secured all without being seen or heard, eaten, put in the line of danger and possible fire and not to mention in the dark?

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

The Gov wanted to send men out to scope out the prison crew but that was the same time they were attacked by Rick and the gang. They were never able to send out a search party.

How does a team lead hundreds of walkers to a fully secured all without being seen or heard, eaten, put in the line of danger and possible fire and not to mention in the dark?

I was thinking a car, driven very slowly, with chunks of animal flesh covering. and then somehow escaping from the car once rick's group starts the fire and the noise of the firefight would lead the walkers onto the walls.
The guys on the roof would hear a distant car approaching, the driver escapes, fires off a flare, then BLAM! Rick sees the flare, sets his diversionary fires. and the walker start to follow the driver who leads them to the walls, he hides and hopefully escapes. the guys on the wall fire off rounds at the attacking walkers bringing in hundreds more, then BLAM! Ricks group set off smoke and grenades, then escape over the walls.

At least, it worked in my imagination......

p-dizzle

p-dizzle

Lurker

• Members
Me, Daryl, Mischonne and Oscar

Mischonne looks for way in.
Me and Daryl hide till we get signal from Mischonne coast is clear.
Oscar gets the car ready to drive through the gate.

Mischoone gives us the clear
Oscar sends car screaming with horns blaring through the big front gate of the town.
Me, Daryl and Mischonne go hunting!
Oscar gets another car ready for the 2nd comotion.

Guards send off shots at a non existant driver.
(Meanwhile we all meet with Mischonne to get in through the back way)
Car breaks through gates and smashes into a building possibly taking out a guard or innocent bystander
Town goes into panic
Gov and crew hear the comotion, leaves one looser guard to watch over Maggie and Glen
Now there is gun fire, horns blaring, building colapsing and fire to attract nearby walkers.
Find Maggie and Glen and get them the hell outta town.
Sneak back out the way we came in.

Oscar sends in another car for that extra point.
Towns people are now in disarray. They cant believe it.
Me, Daryl, Mischonne, Maggie and Glen get out and meet with Oscar at the rendezvous point.
Leave Andrea there to rot. Leave Merle there to get hang.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

Me, Daryl, Mischonne and Oscar

Mischonne looks for way in.
Me and Daryl hide till we get signal from Mischonne coast is clear.
Oscar gets the car ready to drive through the gate.

Mischoone gives us the clear
Oscar sends car screaming with horns blaring through the big front gate of the town.
Me, Daryl and Mischonne go hunting!
Oscar gets another car ready for the 2nd comotion.

Guards send off shots at a non existant driver.
(Meanwhile we all meet with Mischonne to get in through the back way)
Car breaks through gates and smashes into a building possibly taking out a guard or innocent bystander
Town goes into panic
Gov and crew hear the comotion, leaves one looser guard to watch over Maggie and Glen
Now there is gun fire, horns blaring, building colapsing and fire to attract nearby walkers.
Find Maggie and Glen and get them the hell outta town.
Sneak back out the way we came in.

Oscar sends in another car for that extra point.
Towns people are now in disarray. They cant believe it.
Me, Daryl, Mischonne, Maggie and Glen get out and meet with Oscar at the rendezvous point.
Leave Andrea there to rot. Leave Merle there to get hang.

would the car be able to smash it's way through that gate?

I got into a minor fender bender and the front of my truck was completely fu***d up, and I as going about 20 miles per hour.
Driving a car into a wall surrounded by people with weapons would be suicidal......at least my plan is semi suicidal.

p-dizzle

p-dizzle

Lurker

• Members
^ Never once mentioned that someone had to be in the car. Put a brick on the accelerator, put it in gear and blam! Wether or not it penetrates the gate or just explodes upon impact it enough to get the attention of everyone and everything around you. this needs to get dealth with immediately before more crap comes.

This is the time to sneak in undetected and do the rescue.

The 2nd car again with no passenger can do eve more damage and again another diversion to the escape of the rescue team.

Im sure that a car will put a sever damage to the outer wall as well as their guards.

Roadhouse Video: This can cause serious damage to that town.

SkunkWorks

SkunkWorks

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationPennslyvania
I like the idea of the unmanned car bomb. In Iraq I believe they were called VBIED for vehicle borne IED. However, this would require explosives and some degree of knowledge to keep oneself from getting killed.

It would be much easier to bait walkers to Woodbury by dropping raw meat and/or noise making devices nearby. This would have to be done from a fast moving truck to keep from being swarmed.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!