What I Think Of The Walking Dead

thoughts walking dead the think bad negatives things like dont

watsupbro27

watsupbro27

Infected

• Members
The plot about the town is so far off what the story is about. I COMPLETELY agree that there should be conflicts between survivors, but they should be similar to the one where Rick,Glenn and Hershall are in the bar and they talk with/kill the two guys and some guys outside. It took half an episode and was really well made. No need to take up 3 quarters of the episodes to show Glenn being tortured and Rick and the Gang looking at the wall. If you want realism, a quick conflict like the one at the bar is far more likely than a guy that keeps his dead daughter in a cage.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
Every TV show has it's ups and downs.
This show is radically unique in that the gore, adult themes, the sheer horror and the deaths of major characters in mid-season or at the end or whenever!
Were the ZA even remotely possible and true to life this show would reflect a good portion of it. We'll all have people in our own little cliques and groups that we grow fond of and then find they were killed when out foraging for supplies, or a lurker got the jump on them, or some other group killed them. It's survival of the fittest and in the ZA you don't get too attached to anyone.
I've said before that this show is probably the first since M*A*S*H that I've watched regularly. Of all the shows that have come/gone since ... that is saying something about this program.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland
How much time has past since the outbreak? just wondering.

I think it depends where your coming from aswell, if your one of the old guys coming to this show from the comic then we get Woodbury and the Gov... maybe if your just a fan of the show some of these seems off. I love that they kill off major characters mid-season, catch u off guard... why does it have to build up to an epic heroic death, most deaths in a ZA wouldn't be that way surely.

Each to their own

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

How much time has past since the outbreak? just wondering.

I think it depends where your coming from aswell, if your one of the old guys coming to this show from the comic then we get Woodbury and the Gov... maybe if your just a fan of the show some of these seems off. I love that they kill off major characters mid-season, catch u off guard... why does it have to build up to an epic heroic death, most deaths in a ZA wouldn't be that way surely.

Each to their own

I think it's been about a year since the outbreak? Give or take a few months. Eight months since the end of S2 when they left the farm. I know it's debatable how long Rick was in a coma and when the outbreak began.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

I think it's been about a year since the outbreak? Give or take a few months. Eight months since the end of S2 when they left the farm. I know it's debatable how long Rick was in a coma and when the outbreak began.

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but it gives a detailed analysis on the dates and when it all began/pre-outbreak http://walkingdead.w...n_Show_Timeline . So you're right, about a year or less, which begs the question...where are the birthday parties? :angry:

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but it gives a detailed analysis on the dates and when it all began/pre-outbreak http://walkingdead.w...n_Show_Timeline . So you're right, about a year or less, which begs the question...where are the birthday parties? :angry:

Oh yeah, that's a great reference for sure. I'm not sure I fully agree with how long Rick was in a coma though, as there's no way possible he would have survived THAT long without food or water.

Malachi97

Malachi97

S-mart Employee

• Banned

Who else has this opinion. The show is amazing. The first few episodes in atlanta and stuff was awesome. Then when they moved on to the farm that was great too(even when they were looking for the girl was really interesting). Who else agrees that as soon as Shane died, the show got boring. The fact that they kill off so many major characters, destroys the story. Shane was a massive part of the story and was very entertaining to watch. Same goes for Dale,T-Dog,Lori etc..The whole prison thing, with every cool character dying sucks. Its a boring and depressing environment compared to the farm which again was really good. I also dont like that there are two plots. The governor plot is kinda boring and i dont like that there are so many survivors. Instead of cycling through tons of characters, keep the ones we have.

Do you even know what this show is about? How long have you been watching? Shane was my favorite character. But his death was essential to the story and even more essential for Rick's character. This is The Walking Dead, tons of more major characters are gonna die. That's one of the things that make the show so great. If everyone was to survive forever and ever, that would be boring. When major characters die(as long as it is important to the story) makes it more interesting. If every character were to survive forever it would be totally unrealistic and boring. It's a zombie apocalypse. So I totally disagree with you on the character deaths. But as far as season 3, I kinda agree. I wouldn't say season 3 is boring, but it isn't amazing like season 1 and 2. It feels kinda cheap and rushed. And a major drop in quality. And I just have tons of problems with season 3, I can go on and on, but I digress. But, I do enjoy watching it and excited for the second half. I did love the first 4 episodes of the third season. 5 was okay. 6 was okay as well. 7 was great, but not amazing like the first 4 episodes. 8 was kinda underwhelming, but it was just great also, not amazing. Hopefully the second half improves.

walkingwounded

walkingwounded

Infected

• Members
It seems like the zombies have become a minor part of the show. They can't think or plan, and they move so slow. The characters seem to view them as more of a minor inconvenience than something to be feared. If you look both ways before crossing the street, you can avoid getting hit by a car. The same rules pretty much apply to avoiding zombie bites. Without humans killing humans, it would be a very boring show.

lee63

lee63

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAberdeen Scotland

This is exactly it, theres alot of comments saying 'this is a zombie show' or 'this is about surviving zombies' well actually no, no it isnt. The comic is not so much about zombies as it is about how humans react to the zombie apocalypse... its a character study, how people change, adapt - if this was live action left4dead we wouldn't have reached 100+ issues and spawned a tv show, game etc...
I think season 3 has done alot to develop Rick's character, he's killed to keep his family safe, they pretty much sacrificed and innocent man to zombies to escape, honestly can you imagine Rick doing this in series 1 or even 2? It would've been Shane pushing this.

Zombies are one dimensional, once you get use to them, once you learn how to survive the real threat is humans, this is reflected in the development of the show...

Totally agree with the above and well put. It is true humans are a bigger threat than zeds. You just need to go to the Boxing Day sales to see people trying to get the bargains...............its dog eat dog. :D :D

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Totally agree with the above and well put. It is true humans are a bigger threat than zeds. You just need to go to the Boxing Day sales to see people trying to get the bargains...............its dog eat dog. :D :D

That is because RIGHT NOW, we are our greatest threat. The walkers change that.

'Humans are the most dangerous enemy' is a cliche and a myth. SOME groups would take to preying on man, but they would be small and rare. Nothing brings people together like a common enemy.

If walkers are just background - no point in having them at all. The Road is far more grim than TWD.

watsupbro27

watsupbro27

Infected

• Members
Am I the only one who thinks that this show should stay as a zombie show? The zombie attacks are far more exciting than normal human conflicts. What does torturing people have anything to do with the walking dead? I agree that Shane had to die but now it seems that there is barely any drama inside the group. It honestly seems like mafia wars. Then again it seems I have different views to a lot of people. Like, I loved it when they looked for the CDC and learned about it, or even the peaceful time on the farm where we actually learned about the characters. Recently there have been so many deaths and so little character depth, that I barely cared when Lori or t-dog died.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

'Humans are the most dangerous enemy' is a cliche and a myth. SOME groups would take to preying on man, but they would be small and rare. Nothing brings people together like a common enemy.

If walkers are just background - no point in having them at all. The Road is far more grim than TWD.

You should really start reading the comics, there's more human vs human conflict in it than human vs zombie. Especially during the prison arc.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

You should really start reading the comics, there's more human vs human conflict in it than human vs zombie. Especially during the prison arc.

You are misunderstanding me. I don't want that. There are dozens of other current TV shows for that stuff.

Without the zombies - this show has no appeal to me.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members

You are misunderstanding me. I don't want that. There are dozens of other current TV shows for that stuff.

Without the zombies - this show has no appeal to me.

Then you best stop watching now. The zombies will take a backseat to the overall conflict.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Then you best stop watching now. The zombies will take a backseat to the overall conflict.

I see your point, but man versus zombie IS the overall conflict.

watsupbro27

watsupbro27

Infected

• Members
I'm not opposed to man vs man conflict, but jus not where it takes up half of every episode and is really boring. The man vs man conflict should be like the one in the bar which took like a quarter of ONE episode and is very intense.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

This is it, and to me this is far more interesting than just spending a whole season mowing down zombies... if thats all you want go play left4dead... I'd much rather see how humans react to the situation, how society reacts and evolves. Do people honestly just want to watch the same group move from safe house to safe house with no conflict?

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

obviously not a reader of the comic if you think the road is more grim

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members

I see your point, but man versus zombie IS the overall conflict.

Nope. TWD has always been about the characters first, zombies second. A man vs man conflict only makes sense.

Like I said, just stop watching if you really don't enjoy the show anymore. Start voting with your wallet instead of pointlessly complaining on a message board. Undertake some action, son. It speaks louder than words.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

I think you have WAAAY too much faith in humans mate, you obviously weren't in London for the riots... and pick up pretty much any history book to see what mankind is capable of doing to each other

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

Nope. TWD has always been about the characters first, zombies second. A man vs man conflict only makes sense.

Like I said, just stop watching if you really don't enjoy the show anymore. Start voting with your wallet instead of pointlessly complaining on a message board. Underake some action, son. It speaks louder than words.

wish i could give this more than 1 +1

honestly think people just want a live action left4dead

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

Like I said, just stop watching if you really don't enjoy the show anymore. Start voting with your wallet instead of pointlessly complaining on a message board. Undertake some action, son. It speaks louder than words.

You can ignore my posts if they bother you so much. We are not obliged to be positive about every aspect of the show here.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned

I think you have WAAAY too much faith in humans mate, you obviously weren't in London for the riots... and pick up pretty much any history book to see what mankind is capable of doing to each other

If you think I have faith in human beings, you don't know me at all.

However, as I said: " Nothing brings people together like a common enemy."

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members

You can ignore my posts if they bother you so much. We are not obliged to be positive about every aspect of the show here.

You should know that I, of all people, am very critical of this season. Don't try to put me in the 'enraged fanboy' position here, buddy.

What I just told you, voting with your wallet thing, is exactly what I am doing. I don't watch TWD on TV and I will not buy the season 3 DVD set. I am actually doing something. Might not be much, but I take action. All you do is complain. All bark and no bite. AMC won't care if you don't like the show's direction, you're watching it which boosts ratings and the money they get.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

If you think I have faith in human beings, you don't know me at all.

However, as I said: " Nothing brings people together like a common enemy."

surely that's a contradiction in itself?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!