What I Think Of The Walking Dead

thoughts walking dead the think bad negatives things like dont

watsupbro27

watsupbro27

Infected

• Members
Who else has this opinion. The show is amazing. The first few episodes in atlanta and stuff was awesome. Then when they moved on to the farm that was great too(even when they were looking for the girl was really interesting). Who else agrees that as soon as Shane died, the show got boring. The fact that they kill off so many major characters, destroys the story. Shane was a massive part of the story and was very entertaining to watch. Same goes for Dale,T-Dog,Lori etc..The whole prison thing, with every cool character dying sucks. Its a boring and depressing environment compared to the farm which again was really good. I also dont like that there are two plots. The governor plot is kinda boring and i dont like that there are so many survivors. Instead of cycling through tons of characters, keep the ones we have.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

Who else has this opinion. The show is amazing. The first few episodes in atlanta and stuff was awesome. Then when they moved on to the farm that was great too(even when they were looking for the girl was really interesting). Who else agrees that as soon as Shane died, the show got boring. The fact that they kill off so many major characters, destroys the story. Shane was a massive part of the story and was very entertaining to watch. Same goes for Dale,T-Dog,Lori etc..The whole prison thing, with every cool character dying sucks. Its a boring and depressing environment compared to the farm which again was really good. I also dont like that there are two plots. The governor plot is kinda boring and i dont like that there are so many survivors. Instead of cycling through tons of characters, keep the ones we have.

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more... Shane's development and eventual self-destruction was great and the highlight of the 2nd season which for the most part dragged along like a one-legged walker. He had to go, Rick and him could not co-exist. The fact nobody is safe makes you genuinely care for characters, if everyone was untouchable it would be boring as hell... If you think the prison is "boring and depressing environment" then I think your watching the wrong show, no offence but this is a zombie apocalypse... for me the prison story arch of the comic is some of the best of all.

how would you have the second season end and the third develop? everyone stay alive and live happily ever after on the farm?

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon
Agree in parts. I dont like the 2 camps fighting each other. It doesnt make sense. Would prefer a story purely set around survival against walkers.
We've never seen the group enter a shopping mall, a super walmart etc searching for food.
There's still time left but another season of human killing human and this show may as well be a Jericho remake.

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

Agree in parts. I dont like the 2 camps fighting each other. It doesnt make sense. Would prefer a purely story of survival against walkers.
We've never seen the group enter a shopping mall, a super walmart etc searching for food.
There's still time left but another season of human killing human and this show may as well be a Jericho remake.

Why do you think it would mate sense mate? I don't think everyone would pull together. Eventually you learn to deal with the dead, its the living that pose the greatest problem.

I do agree tho, we never really see them savaging for food, going on runs... those baby food runs are about all we've seen.

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

Why do you think it would mate sense mate? I don't think everyone would pull together. Eventually you learn to deal with the dead, its the living that pose the greatest problem.

I do agree tho, we never really see them savaging for food, going on runs... those baby food runs are about all we've seen.

The Guv imo is too evil and ott. Theres a lot going on in this show which is rapidly turning me off.
I want to see more survival less badly filmed gun battles.

watsupbro27

watsupbro27

Infected

• Members

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more... Shane's development and eventual self-destruction was great and the highlight of the 2nd season which for the most part dragged along like a one-legged walker. He had to go, Rick and him could not co-exist. The fact nobody is safe makes you genuinely care for characters, if everyone was untouchable it would be boring as hell... If you think the prison is "boring and depressing environment" then I think your watching the wrong show, no offence but this is a zombie apocalypse... for me the prison story arch of the comic is some of the best of all.

how would you have the second season end and the third develop? everyone stay alive and live happily ever after on the farm?

I agree that all characters should be vulnerable but they killed off Dale,Shane,T-Dog,Lori,Hershall's wife and son all in the space of like 5 episodes. That's WAY too much and most of their deaths happened in like 3 minutes. Look at T-Dog. He was one of the major characters and he died in 2 minutes.

I agree with Leon that the show should be based on surviving the zombies and not have a stupid war between two clans. I honestly think that the 2nd season was the best because of tension between characters and a goal which was to find the kid and try to stay away from walkers. The plot revolved around Rick protecting the people in his group, but now his wife is dead and his son can randomly shoot perfectly. It has turned into Mafia Wars or something lol

watsupbro27

watsupbro27

Infected

• Members
Also, i don't think too many characters should be introduced in such small amounts of time. It was the perfect show during season 1 and 2 with meaningful deaths but not those that kill the show (ie amy). There's too much going on with michonne and the governer

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members
  • LocationReleased early for good behavior...
I quite enjoy how it is going, with the exception of the one "not-so-good" episode per season.

NoZombieNoCry

NoZombieNoCry

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationMordor
everything beeing sofuc...g depressing and people always dying is killing the show. Bad things just don t hit me anymore because they fit. For example when maggie says to gleen its a beatiful day, I knew 100% that shit would happen.

There has to be ups and downs to make a good show. They got to win and loose if you want us to care for them. Now everything goes wrong all the time,so what the hell, its getting really boring to me.
Not a native speaker, be patient.

watsupbro27

watsupbro27

Infected

• Members

I quite enjoy how it is going, with the exception of the one "not-so-good" episode per season.

honestly most of season three was "not so good". It was ok but not as good as 1 and 2. The whole prison and town thing is a bit slow and has drifted away from the actual point of the show

watsupbro27

watsupbro27

Infected

• Members

everything beeing sofuc...g depressing and people always dying is killing the show. Bad things just don t hit me anymore because they fit. For example when maggie says to gleen its a beatiful day, I knew 100% that shit would happen.

There has to be ups and downs to make a good show. They got to win and loose if you want us to care for them. Now everything goes wrong all the time,so what the hell, its getting really boring to me.

EXACTLY what i think. Season 2 was great cause it had those ups and downs with good characters and not TOO many deaths. I have no idea why they killed lori, shane,t-dog and dale. Those people were essential.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
Shane needed to die, he was past his sell by date and his story was coming to an end. It was a key part in Ricks development. I mean can you imagine the back and forth bickering between, Shane, Lori and Rick during season 3? I think what they did with Shane was great, but there really wasn't much left for his character, he and Rick came to breaking point numerous times, so either one of them had to go eventually, Rick just happens to be the shows focal point. I like the depressing environment, it's a show about people surviving in a messed up world, not a group of friends having a laugh and enjoying life, who want's to watch that? I think they could have done more with T-Dog, Lori could have survived longer, but her death was shocking and different from the comics, which I liked.

The two plots between Woodbury and the prison didn't really interest me at first, but they're both coming together now into one huge cluster of heinous drama. I can't wait to see Rick meet the governor face to face. They both have fucked up mindsets and neither will give in until each party is dead.

NoZombieNoCry

NoZombieNoCry

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationMordor

Shane needed to die, he was past his sell by date and his story was coming to an end. It was a key part in Ricks development. I mean can you imagine the back and forth bickering between, Shane, Lori and Rick during season 3? I think what they did with Shane was great, but there really wasn't much left for his character, he and Rick came to breaking point numerous times, so either one of them had to go eventually, Rick just happens to be the shows focal point. I like the depressing environment, it's a show about people surviving in a messed up world, not a group of friends having a laugh and enjoying life, who want's to watch that? I think they could have done more with T-Dog, Lori could have survived longer, but her death was shocking and different from the comics, which I liked.

The two plots between Woodbury and the prison didn't really interest me at first, but they're both coming together now into one huge cluster of heinous drama. I can't wait to see Rick meet the governor face to face. They both have fucked up mindsets and neither will give in until each party is dead.

I know its a ZA scenario. But they are just giving us depressing shit every episode, we are almost expecting bad things to happen all the time so it doesnt shock us anymore. I just say mix up and downs a little more

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

I know its a ZA scenario. But they are just giving us depressing shit every episode, we are almost expecting bad things to happen all the time so it doesnt shock us anymore. I just say mix up and downs a little more

Sure, they could balance it up a bit more so that every episode isn't as depressing, but I can't see what they can do at this point in time, apart from giving the baby more attention, start a relationship between Tyreese and someone. It's a 45 minute episode, so they have to fit in as much as possible that will help the story progress.

watsupbro27

watsupbro27

Infected

• Members

I dont want a really happy plot but just not one that spends so much time in a grey cell block.The show is about surviving zombies and honestly, the whole governor and town plot is stupid. It makes two mediocre plots instead of one really good one. and i know that shane and rick werent getting along, but they could have made a pact or something. Rick and Shane were like the two leaders. Like the guy above said, we always expect the worst of a situation and it always happens. The best parts of the show were on the farm.I know its not supposed to be pretty but depressing=boring. A farm is far more interesting than a small cell block

and it was really wierd when randomly adriana says that its been 7 months.

lee63

lee63

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAberdeen Scotland
I'm kinda on the fence on this one. I think in a ZA we would see battles between clans as they try and scavenge the remaining scarce resources. In time settlements would grow as the population adapts. People like the Gov/Rick would spring up. This is/would be essential as things start to take shape and order begins.

Season one was brill and in my eyes set the tone of the story. Season 2 became harsher and IMHO people needed to die either by walkers or another band of survivors. I think Shane's/Lori's stories had been told. Dale and T-dog did go way too early for my liking but nobody is going to live forever. By having main characters die, allows lesser characters a chance to grow/have an input into future episodes.

Season 3 is less walker orientated but I'm finding it every bit as exciting. I do care for the remaining main characters but I accept that sooner or later they will get noshed or murdered by another person.

watsupbro27

watsupbro27

Infected

• Members
what i think would be good for season 3 is that they finish up with the governor plot in the next episode and rick and the gang try to move to a different location where there is a bit of rest between attacks and where we can learn about characters

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

I dont want a really happy plot but just not one that spends so much time in a grey cell block.The show is about surviving zombies and honestly, the whole governor and town plot is stupid. It makes two mediocre plots instead of one really good one. and i know that shane and rick werent getting along, but they could have made a pact or something. Rick and Shane were like the two leaders. Like the guy above said, we always expect the worst of a situation and it always happens. The best parts of the show were on the farm.I know its not supposed to be pretty but depressing=boring. A farm is far more interesting than a small cell block

But if there was no Woodbury or Governor, then what would you want to see? I mean surviving and killing zombies is fun to watch for a while, then it just becomes repetitive. You would have a show about a group of people going from one safe haven to another, the prison is almost impenetrable at this point in time, minus the gaping hole at one of the blocks so there wouldn't be much going on. This season shows us that zombies(walkers) aren't the only threat in this world and that just surviving doesn't seem to be enough. As for Shane, there was no way in hell that guy was going to make a pact, he was convinced Lori was carrying his baby, Carl and her were the only thing he wanted. I agree that maybe they should tone it down with the shock value and killing off numerous characters at once, it is becoming more predictable and a lot of the viewers seem to be desensitised by it all.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Shane was too far gone at that time to make any kind of pact. He had lost his mind. The only story that would be left, would be him trying to kill Rick every chance he got. How foolish would Rick look if he kept Shane alive when Shane was already descending into insanity and was a danger to everyone.
The farther the show goes into the ZA, I think the point is that the good moments are just fleeting. The day that Lori and T-Dog died, everyone started out having a good day. They were joking about Maggie and Glenn in the tower, Lori and Rick had a tender glance. They were happy that they had finally found a "safe place". Then came the reality that they were not safe.

As far as characters dying, being a ZA, it would be unrealistic for people not to die. It would also be unrealistic to not show other groups because they will definitely encounter other people. Most apocalyptic themes are Man vs Man. That is their greatest fear.

I do agree that the show needs to slow down sometimes and let it all sink in.

Since this thread belongs in the Season 3 forum, it will be moved there.

President Merle

President Merle

Biter

• Members
  • LocationReleased early for good behavior...

But if there was no Woodbury or Governor, then what would you want to see? I mean surviving and killing zombies is fun to watch for a while, then it just becomes repetitive. You would have a show about a group of people going from one safe haven to another, the prison is almost impenetrable at this point in time, minus the gaping hole at one of the blocks so there wouldn't be much going on. This season shows us that zombies(walkers) aren't the only threat in this world and that just surviving doesn't seem to be enough. As for Shane, there was no way in hell that guy was going to make a pact, he was convinced Lori was carrying his baby, Carl and her were the only thing he wanted. I agree that maybe they should tone it down with the shock value and killing off numerous characters at once, it is becoming more predictable and a lot of the viewers seem to be desensitised by it all.

Exactly. The show is about surviving zombies, so does this mean if you find an impenetrable safe-haven, you're not allowed to survive there?

Also, many believe the show to be about humanity, rather than killing zombies.

NoZombieNoCry

NoZombieNoCry

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationMordor

Season 3 is less walker orientated but I'm finding it every bit as exciting. I do care for the remaining main characters but I accept that sooner or later they will get noshed or murdered by another person.

This is happening also in the comic and i think it is a HUGE mistake. Take the walkers away and this is Maddmax.

watsupbro27

watsupbro27

Infected

• Members

I'm kinda on the fence on this one. I think in a ZA we would see battles between clans as they try and scavenge the remaining scarce resources. In time settlements would grow as the population adapts. People like the Gov/Rick would spring up. This is/would be essential as things start to take shape and order begins.

Season one was brill and in my eyes set the tone of the story. Season 2 became harsher and IMHO people needed to die either by walkers or another band of survivors. I think Shane's/Lori's stories had been told. Dale and T-dog did go way too early for my liking but nobody is going to live forever. By having main characters die, allows lesser characters a chance to grow/have an input into future episodes.

In season 1 and 2 when Genner,Jaqcui,Jim and Dale died, i actually cared. But when Lori and T-Dog died, i barely cared because it was so rushed that i didnt realize what was going on. Honestly all the most interesting characters died eg shane, lori,T-dog and dale. They brought something to the team aside from just destroying zombies. Dale was the gossiper, shane the trouble maker, t-dog was the likeable guy and most of the plot was about rick trying to protect his family, which is half dead now. Look at the characters we have left. Rick, daryll,glenn, maggie, carol,hershall and a few others. They are all kind of the same and agree perfectly which makes for a bit of a boring episode. And about giving a chance to like new characters, i dont agree. Do you see yourself getting really into the story of michonne and the other new people? I really don't

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

Season 3 is filled with "not so good" episodes, bogs..

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
I really love the show but not for the same reasons. Shane was big in the love triangle aspect of it but he was self destructive and would have eventually killed Rick. He simply demonstrated that even good people do terrible things in the ZA. Also, T-Dog sacraficed himself to save Carol, in my opinion there was no better way of going out, Lori died to deliver her baby and the groups whole reason for finding a safe place to live. Seeing the dynamic in leadership between Rick and The Guv is very interesting, not to mention the Guv is a great character played by a great actor in the fact that you want to like him but now you can't. The great thing about this show is that you never know who is going to die but no matter what the show will go on because we will see relationships changed and new stories will crop up.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Fryhole3000

Fryhole3000

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationEngland

Also, many believe the show to be about humanity, rather than killing zombies.

This is exactly it, theres alot of comments saying 'this is a zombie show' or 'this is about surviving zombies' well actually no, no it isnt. The comic is not so much about zombies as it is about how humans react to the zombie apocalypse... its a character study, how people change, adapt - if this was live action left4dead we wouldn't have reached 100+ issues and spawned a tv show, game etc...
I think season 3 has done alot to develop Rick's character, he's killed to keep his family safe, they pretty much sacrificed and innocent man to zombies to escape, honestly can you imagine Rick doing this in series 1 or even 2? It would've been Shane pushing this.

Zombies are one dimensional, once you get use to them, once you learn how to survive the real threat is humans, this is reflected in the development of the show...

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!