Zombie America

- - - - - hiding survival population density military bases

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
Got these from Pinterest thought it was an interesting way to look at America if/when the ZA hits. Discuss. Honestly I dunno why they (who created the maps) thought that California would be a good place to hide and the sparsely populated states deemed the worse... I'd thought it'd be the other way around. Fewer people in a given area, the fewer zombies and more square miles to choose from to find or build a suitable fortress. <shrugs> or maybe I'm just reading it wrong.
What do you all think?

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana
Honestly, the map sort of threw me off as well and I would never head to CA if a ZA did occur. I can't see myself heading into any big city as I believe the more people around the more the disease will spread and there is only so much that the government/military could possible do esp. with huge numbers of people (ie. anyone remember the Hurricane Katrina refugee areas in LA and Tx). I think that the reason the Northern plain states are listed as the worst to hide in a ZA is because of how far North in the US they are. Those midwest plains states are the coldest around and get continually hit with cold fronts/snow storms sometime week after week and make it hard to continue getting supplies to. However, what I know about the midwest people is that they are use to their environments and know how to survive within them. For those that have family to run to in those states would probably be better off for a bit as they may live longer (fewer infected) not to mention that those communities would probably pull together in a better way than the cities would. As for the Southern states, their advantage is the opposite in that the weather can usually be dealt with and most have a coastline to where supplies could easily be shipped to and from (which is why I believe TX and FL have low numbers), not to mention a good number of oil refineries to continue moving the gas around to power everything. That's my take on it.

Zeus....DAMMIT!

Zeus....DAMMIT!

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationChicago
Chicago.

I would probably head north.....I dont have any idea how bad the expressways would be...I have 3 to choose from. Some of the main veins might be clearer....I dunno.

I think I might sit it out for a week or so...see how stuff pans out after the initial freak out....then see.
No matter where you go....there you are. - Team Bonzai

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members
That's odd. I mean, it looks like the map is going strictly on raw population, versus population density. Alaska would be a great place, but ranks very low. Why? Because they don't have many Wal-Marts? That's stupid - they have a pretty good climate, lots of fresh water, game and fish, and pretty much every freakin' house you stumble into is gonna have a firearm in it. California? Sure, parts of California might be OK, away from the cities - northern California, the deserts, inland areas - but, all of those Wal-Marts are in highly urbanized areas, and anything inland, south of about Fresno, is going to have serious issues with fresh water. Plus ... population density. People don't know it, but Los Angeles, for example, is pretty much the most densely populated urban area in the U.S. Alaska? Crap, I'm pretty sure I pass up the equivalent of the population of Alaska on a drive from Pasadena to downtown LA (about 20 minutes). I'll take my chances in Alaska, thanks.

scarylala

scarylala

Roamer

• Members
  • Locationin the back of a van somewhere....
Well a map wouldn't be very useful tbh because the zombies move around. Large herds could walk through state lines easily enough
you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA
I live in Virginia, namely Norfolk, home of the largest naval base in the world. It's normal to see military jets, helicopters, air craft carriers, and caravans on a daily basis. Most of my friends have their own boats from small to yacht. I think here would be a great place to hide out being that we're already on the coast and can get to open water very quickly. Plus, the military is here so if there is any evacuation we'd be in the middle of it.
I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!