How Will Daryl And Merle Escape?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Branson

Branson

Infected

• Members
  • 50 posts
And also what will happen to Merle once he rejoins the group?

morsel

morsel

Lurker

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA

And also what will happen to Merle once he rejoins the group?

here's my guess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2wD5TaMf2k

enter zombies and some of rick's group, add some chaos, and voila!

Branson

Branson

Infected

• Members
  • 50 posts
Merle and Daryl say "We'll do this as a team"

Cue Avengers theme music

They kill all the Governors men and then Merle punches Daryl like The Hulk

morsel

morsel

Lurker

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationAthens, GA
The governor get's "Loki'd"

Branson

Branson

Infected

• Members
  • 50 posts
Hahaha but actually either zombies overrun Woodbury and they escape or Rick and Michonne retrieve them via smoke and flash

nclifter

nclifter

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Location1NC
Andrea may play a part
"The first ones to go, for obvious reasons, were the fatties. Poor fat bastard."
Rule #1: Cardio. Yes I can do more push ups than Michonne :/

Pip Boy

Pip Boy

Infected

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois
Merle dies. Daryl lives, but is taken by the Governor and is given a send-off similar to Tyreese's in the comics as the Woodbury group storm the prison. My guess.

RicksBeard

RicksBeard

Infected

• Members
  • 6 posts
I think that they both escape with help from Rick and Michonne. I don't see either of them dying before the release of the video game.
Not shaving...

Boss

Boss

Infected

• Members
  • 96 posts
Would Michonne really want to help rescue the man that tried to kill her though?

PleaseKillCarl

PleaseKillCarl

Lurker

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
I think that eventually Andrea will stop seeing what she wants to see and find a way to help Merle & Daryl escape. Then Merle will end up sacrificing himself for Daryl and Daryl & Andrea will get to the prison just in time to help out.

Interesting idea by Pip Boy tho...hope they don't end up doing Daryl like that :unsure:

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • LocationKnoxville TN
Spoiler
From the slies of the previews...

glitterbomb

glitterbomb

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationUmbrella Headquarters... wait, wrong zombie apocalypse??
I think after the scene we see the governor wont make them fight, instead he announce a public exicution the next day. When they're locked up that night they will manage to get free, perhaps with the help of Andrea.

steven8888

steven8888

Infected

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
Spoiler

Ceepeebee

Ceepeebee

Lurker

• Members
  • 231 posts
Exactly...a few people on here either didn't watch the Ep to the end, or just missed huge chunks....

Spoiler

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned
  • 1,051 posts

Would Michonne really want to help rescue the man that tried to kill her though?

Not in a sane world, but what has that got to do with THIS show?

If Merle joins Rick's group - the shark has officially been jumped.

emperorzorn

emperorzorn

Infected

• Members
  • 14 posts
Maybe Daryl will leave the group and wander off into the wilderness with Merle, knowing that Merle staying with the group would only cause problems
and that he doesn't want to abandon his brother again.

It could be that Carol comes along with them or says her farewell to Daryl, provided she is still alive by then.

Then again we don't know for sure if Merle will make it out of Woodbury...

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Roamer

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
If Glenn and rick allow Merle to join the group, I might consider calling it quits on the show. Not even joking. If I was Glenn I'd shoot Merle in the face and if Daryl was gunna retaliate I'd shoot him too.
Who needs a signature anyways?! Not me..

meesha1971

meesha1971

Roamer

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Spoiler

That was my take as well.

Spoiler

Edited by meesha1971, 03 December 2012 - 12:34 PM.

Chowmeister

Chowmeister

Infected

• Members
  • 1 posts
If Daryl and Merle escape, I mean, it HAS to be a setup to get Merle into the prison...no?

emperorzorn

emperorzorn

Infected

• Members
  • 14 posts

If Daryl and Merle escape, I mean, it HAS to be a setup to get Merle into the prison...no?

Actually... that's a good point.
Why else would the governour accuse his best man who has been always loyal to him of treason ?
I think you're on to something here...

Lubec

Lubec

Infected

• Members
  • 74 posts

Totally agree and very disappointed if that is the case because that would be so cliche.

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 160 posts

Why else would the governour accuse his best man who has been always loyal to him of treason ?

But Merle hasn't always been loyal to the Governor. He lied about killing Michonne and is the sole reason for the attack on Woodbury and the Gov. losing an eye and the Governor knows this.

But, I still wouldn't be surprised to see this playing out with Merle being sent in to be a spy of sorts. I just think it would be epically stupid.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned
  • 1,051 posts

He accused Merle of treason, because right after Merle claimed to have killed Michonne, she shows up in town with armed attackers.

Not_Undead

Not_Undead

Biter

• Banned
  • 1,051 posts

Maybe Daryl will leave the group and wander off into the wilderness with Merle, knowing that Merle staying with the group would only cause problems
and that he doesn't want to abandon his brother again.

THAT would be believable, yes.

remmdog

remmdog

Infected

• Members
  • 84 posts

Because um, Merle has brought all of the issues to the Governor's front door. He doesn't accuse him, he blames him and then accuses him for what Merle has done.

1. Letting Michonne live and telling him that she was dead, Governor dropped his guard and now blames Merle for the death of Penny. He lied to his face.
2. Bringing Glenna and Maggie to Woodbury. Governor from the beginning new it was a mistake and was concerned that their people, Rick's group, will be coming looking for them. Which will include Daryl, who Gov knows is Merle's main reason for doing such.

To the OP, Rick and Michonne go back in and pop the smoke to save Daryl and Merle. Daryl allowed himself to be caught imo. He helped Rick get out and that was what he promised Rick while in the store. Now Rick will trust Daryl enough to at least bring Merle to the prison to get the entire story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!