The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 8 - Made To Suffer - Review

andrea the govenor rick michonne carl daryl merle tyreese?

The Walking Dead Midseason Finale "Made To Suffer" (323 )

What did you think of the midseason finale?

1. Excellent (247 [76.47%] - )

76.47%

2. Good - Some Critiques (64 [19.81%] - )

19.81%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (10 [3.10%] - )

3.10%

4. Poor (2 [0.62%] - )

0.62%

Will you be returning for the second half of the season?

1. Yes (317 [98.14%] - )

98.14%

2. Maybe (2 [0.62%] - )

0.62%

3. No - But I might be pulled back (0 [0.00%])

0.00%

4. Nope - TWD has lost me (4 [1.24%] - )

1.24%

ApexPredator

ApexPredator

Lurker

• Members
seeing shane come back in that hallucination was pretty badass, i loved the brutality of the fight between michonne and the govenor.Looking forward to the addition of tyreese and his group, R.i.p. Oscar Seems the TWD writers has it out for us "Brothas" lol jk
I can't believe you got him! You expert rooting-tooting, eagle-eyed, goth loving marksman! I love it. You managed to find a way to win. And everybody still loses!

Bric

Bric

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationOrlando, FL.
Great episode but the only part I thought was a little hokey was Michonne and Penny. After using her own brother and boy friend as guide dogs for so many months she couldn't tell Penny was a zombie? especially when she held her shoulders she couldn't tell she was dead? I'm not a big fan of Michonne. Much dumber than Andrea, IMO. - I think i just opened up a can of worms...
"There are many new walls around the village... they won't keep us out..."
"They weren't built to keep you out. They were built to keep you in."

medelliae

medelliae

Infected

• Members
Did you guys feel Daryl wanted to stay at Woodbury to find Merle in a passive agressive sort of way?

nclifter

nclifter

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Location1NC
OK this episode was pretty good. My thoughts

Glenn: Breaking that bone in half seemed way to easy. But he did step up and try to ambush Merle and crew and did a decent job with what he had.

The shootout scene in Woodbury reminded me to much of the A-team all those bullets flying around and no main character gets hit. Even with the smoke grenades it was kinda unbelievable. When Rick was on the street and thinking of Shane and that guys resemblance to him as he was approaching I dont see how Rick didn't get shot.

Ive stated in numerous threads how easy the governor could be taken out. I believe this episode proved me right. He leaves his quarters open and is to relaxed. Michonne once again gets in his quarters and he also loses basically a hand to hand fight with her. Once again Michonne proves she could kill the governor, if not for Andrea the Governor would be no more. Merle could have easily did the same thing if he had wanted to. Im not gonna comment on Michonne being overly powerful it is what it is and she is the girl power in the series.

Michonne: Is being portrayed at the strong and silent type. But she is ridiculously silent, its overboard. She never speaks up and explains the reason she did something or why she does what she does. She is just to silent.

Carl: Did a very good job at handling that situation. He did exactly what Rick would have done in that situation. He is stepping up and would probably make a good leader one day.

Merle: I saw no fear in Merles eyes, but he is probably kicking his self in the ass for not taking out the governor when he had the chances. The governor is probably gonna try to force the two brothers to fight each other.

Andrea: Maybe this will wake her up some and she will see the side of the Governor she had not seen previously. Who will she stay loyal to? We will see where allegiance stands soon.

Just a few thoughts so far.
"The first ones to go, for obvious reasons, were the fatties. Poor fat bastard."
Rule #1: Cardio. Yes I can do more push ups than Michonne :/

T-E-X

T-E-X

Lurker

• Banned

Nope, very serious.

I just dont understand why michonne did this?

She could have at least used poor penny as a hostage.

I felt really bad for the Guv, he wanted to save his daughter. As a parent it really got to me.

Was kind of hoping that andrea would put twos in michonnes head

You realize Penny was a walker, right?

A walker hostage? That would be a shark-jumping moment for me.

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts
its suspicious at the best.... Oscar was not given any lines and now we know why. he never was developed, and we should have seen it coming...... I nearly had a heart attack when Tyrese was the opener

ApexPredator

ApexPredator

Lurker

• Members
Shane came out of that smoke looking like wolverine! lol
I can't believe you got him! You expert rooting-tooting, eagle-eyed, goth loving marksman! I love it. You managed to find a way to win. And everybody still loses!

Shambo

Shambo

S-mart Employee

• Members

Michonne is annoying.

Why the hell didn't she tell them about andrea!!

No oscar. oh well, tyrese replaced oscar, who replaced t-dog....oh how quickly we all forgot poor t-dog :(

Michonne has no idea that Andrea is part of their group, so she doesn't feel like it's relevant. Although, it's starting to annoy me how they're using Michonne's quiet demeanor as a plot device to keep Andrea separated from the group. Too similar to the "Where is Sophia" plot line that dragged on forever.

Zen_Master

Zen_Master

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationVirginia Beach, Virginia
no matter all your sympathies and shades of grey, Merle and the Gov are still inhuman cold-blooded murderers, shooting down those Nat'l Guard soldiers. they deserve to die, end of story.

Rick's group have killed people to survive and protect the group, but they have NEVER murdered people in ambush and cold blood. there are no shades of grey in the distinction between the Gov and company, and Rick and his people.

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
The Daryl-Merle relationship will be dynamic and I can not wait to see how it plays out

Bro

Bro

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
I'm actually seriously worried that Daryll could bite it very soon.

I had believed that his ability to attract ratings would cause him to be almost invincible, but with Tyreese there, I can see them no longer needing Daryll as much for ratings. Hope it's not so.

ShaneGang

ShaneGang

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I thought the Episode was awesome! The best episode of the season thus far. Tyreese was the man! Im so pumped for him this season and cant wait to see him on screen. Dixon Brothers band together to get out? I seen Glenn ask why he brought him in the peek of the next episode which im assuming hes referencing Merle. Cant wait for Feb.

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
Michonne is being played to the T of her character. She is strong and says nothing that gives any body any kind of advantage over her, or leverage to get rid of her. She recognizes that she is seen as expendable by Rick's group and by only holding on to the information she has at her disposal does she keep herself around long enough to prove her worth, which i think she will do in our opening episode in February

Hedly Lamarr

Hedly Lamarr

Infected

• Members
I was really excited to see Tyrese and his crew. Hopefully they will be developed (along with Axel) in the later half of this season. I'm getting a little tired of characters getting killed without any development. In the comics I think some of the characters had a little more development before they died.
NOT Hedy Lamarr

medelliae

medelliae

Infected

• Members
Do you think Michonne recognized the pilot's head? Obviously Andrea did not. :smiley-confused002:

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
Daryl will be safe for now, but I could see him dying before the dust settles in the prison..... Tyreese is going to be the wild card of the show going forward, and I can not wait to see Rick's reaction when gets back. Papa Grimes is not going to be happy!

Wakara

Wakara

Infected

• Members

Michonne is being played to the T of her character. She is strong and says nothing that gives any body any kind of advantage over her, or leverage to get rid of her. She recognizes that she is seen as expendable by Rick's group and by only holding on to the information she has at her disposal does she keep herself around long enough to prove her worth, which i think she will do in our opening episode in February

I agree with you 100%! :zombiethumbsup:

medelliae

medelliae

Infected

• Members
Do you think Rick will leave Daryl at Woodbury and head back to the Prison?

Wakara

Wakara

Infected

• Members

Do you think Michonne recognized the pilot's head? Obviously Andrea did not. :smiley-confused002:

I think she did.

Boss

Boss

S-mart Employee

• Members
It will be interesting to see how Daryl and Merle interact with each other being this is the first time we've seen them together.

ShaneGang

ShaneGang

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOhio
I think they go back in and get Daryl. I dont think there wait and travel all the way back without him.

nclifter

nclifter

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Location1NC

Do you think Rick will leave Daryl at Woodbury and head back to the Prison?

What choice does he have? His ammo has to be running low and Woodsbury is now on high alert.
"The first ones to go, for obvious reasons, were the fatties. Poor fat bastard."
Rule #1: Cardio. Yes I can do more push ups than Michonne :/

NoZombieNoCry

NoZombieNoCry

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationMordor
I don t like to many strong characters joining ricks group in such little time. Michone, Tyresee and now it seams even merle.... Nothing good of that will come up of that
Not a native speaker, be patient.

Darylrocks

Darylrocks

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationEdmond,ok

Did you guys feel Daryl wanted to stay at Woodbury to find Merle in a passive agressive sort of way?

I felt that too!! He kinda had that sad little boy look on his face.

T-E-X

T-E-X

Lurker

• Banned

This actually made no sense to me. Michonne recognizes this pilot she's never seen before but has no reaction to the heads of her own "pets"?

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!