The Walking Dead Season 3 Ep 8 - Made To Suffer - Review

andrea the govenor rick michonne carl daryl merle tyreese?

The Walking Dead Midseason Finale "Made To Suffer" (323 )

What did you think of the midseason finale?

1. Excellent (247 [76.47%] - )

76.47%

2. Good - Some Critiques (64 [19.81%] - )

19.81%

3. Fair - Not What I Expected (10 [3.10%] - )

3.10%

4. Poor (2 [0.62%] - )

0.62%

Will you be returning for the second half of the season?

1. Yes (317 [98.14%] - )

98.14%

2. Maybe (2 [0.62%] - )

0.62%

3. No - But I might be pulled back (0 [0.00%])

0.00%

4. Nope - TWD has lost me (4 [1.24%] - )

1.24%

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon
I actually felt sorry for the Guv. Until he brought Daryl out with his brother. Gladiator fight to the death?
Andrea helping? Rick launching a sneak attack similar to a robin hood rescue?

dsh3

dsh3

Infected

• Members

Andrea is *still* involved with the Governor in the preview for next year?!

It looks like she goes to the prison, returns to Woodbury and pretends to still be on his side.

medelliae

medelliae

Infected

• Members
Looks like the Guv Nah is going to be more of a bad ass now.

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBrockton, Massachusetts
"you are not a lesbian, well this is interesting."

popeye

popeye

Infected

• Members
It was good but seriously did they have to kill Oscar that quickly ? With the exception of The Governer he was the most interesting character they introduced.

Enjoyed Axel.

Seriously worried for Daryl.

T-E-X

T-E-X

Lurker

• Banned

For me, the scariest moment in this episode was Axel's grooming of Beth. I did laugh when he called Carol a lesbian though.

THIS

xxbakerxx72

xxbakerxx72

Infected

• Members
I'm a bit disappointed about Oscar but we got the other black guy I guess.
Daryl and Merle's meeting was a bit different than I expected...it looks like it is almost leading towards Merle joining up with him in some way.

Also, cliffhangers...

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS
Haven't watched il watch at 1130

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-E-X

T-E-X

Lurker

• Banned

T-Dog, Oscar and now Tyrese?

It seems when one big strong (backbone of the group) blackman dies another takes his place.

I just wish the writers would just stay with one. I mean how many big strong white characters have entered and passed through this show?

Yes, this is very odd

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

Oh you have GOT to be kidding me. You can't be serious.

Nope, very serious.

I just dont understand why michonne did this?

She could have at least used poor penny as a hostage.

I felt really bad for the Guv, he wanted to save his daughter. As a parent it really got to me.

Was kind of hoping that andrea would put twos in michonnes head

bournesto33

bournesto33

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationtexas

It was good but seriously did they have to kill Oscar that quickly ? With the exception of The Governer he was the most interesting character they introduced.

Enjoyed Axel.

Seriously worried for Daryl.

this

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
Im glad to see the Govenor has finally arrived. Morrissey has played Phillip will, but i wanna see how he plays the Govenor!!! Shit is going to get fucked up in here

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

Haven't watched il watch at 1130

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how could you even read this? i dont even watch the trailers or the "in the next episodes" etc. Im on a total TWD blackout. cannot watch spoilers. would rather cut my own nuts off. well not that extreme

WalkerBaitress

WalkerBaitress

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationTampa-area, FL
Yeah, after all Andrea's seen up to this point (the heads in the aquarium, Michonne and the Governor fighting, Penny, making Merle and Daryl fight to (presumably) the death), she's still being all lovey-dovey with him? #FAIL.
"Stick them with the pointy end." Arya Stark, Game of Thrones

zomB

zomB

Infected

• Members
Im pretty sure rick will save the Dixons in the next episode. Judging by the first scene of the sneek peeks while the gov is walking through the smoke.

Tyler

Tyler

Lurker

• Members
  • Locationsomewhere safe
Oh my god. What an amazing episode!

- Carl seriously is a fucking boss. Nobody can deny it at this point
- Governor is motivated by revenge now it's going to be much chaos. PENNY HIS EYE WSDVIN G
- Felt bad for Michonne, she was only telling them what she knew. Though she should of mentioned Andrea!
- NO OSCAR!

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

Yeah, after all Andrea's seen up to this point (the heads in the aquarium, Michonne and the Governor fighting, Penny, making Merle and Daryl fight to (presumably) the death), she's still being all lovey-dovey with him? #FAIL.

Love is blind........ :zombie02:

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
Merle you done fucked up brother, lying to the Govenor like you did!!!! Now you gonna pay, and you are gonna pay in a serious way!!!

medelliae

medelliae

Infected

• Members
I do love the whole shades of grey. No one is really all bad or all good. I also felt bad for the Guv Nah, but hey mess with him once and you are a goner.

CajunZombie

CajunZombie

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBayous of Louisiana
Great episode!
Tyreese group looks to be a great addtion...very battle ready people. Looks like they've survived on the road like Rick's group.

Michonne was great...and yes, she needed to take out Penny. That looks to be the catalyst needed to send TG over the edge where he needs to be for the second 1/2 of the season.

RIP Oscar : (

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

Nope, very serious.

I just dont understand why michonne did this?

She could have at least used poor penny as a hostage.

I felt really bad for the Guv, he wanted to save his daughter. As a parent it really got to me.

Was kind of hoping that andrea would put twos in michonnes head

Michonne did Penny a favor by putting her katana through her!

Any man that keeps his zombie child alive is sick. Though I did feel bad for the Governor, which I didn't think was possible. Great acting on Morrissey's part.

Rague

Rague

S-mart Employee

• Members
Mmmmm...

...I was really excited to see a conflict between Group A and Group B, and that... sort of paid off. Seemed a little odd how no one hit anything except for Rick and Daryl. Daryl and Michonne's vanishing acts left me kind of suspicious. The end of Michonne's battle with the Governor alluded to the comics, since the picture I saw of Comic!Philip showed him with a black eyepatch. Daryl on the other hand... I was waiting for da Guv'na to shoot him or Merle on the spot (I imagine he's just that pissed off).

I know we're supposed to handle this maturely... honestly, I was glued to the screen when Tyreese's group was heard. I couldn't believe they were going to have that one prisoner rape Carol. Seriously, that's almost as bad as killing off Oscar for Tyreese. She JUST got rescued and she gets raped to create more personal drama in the group? Glad they avoided that.

I'm trying to rack up "parallels" between Guv'na and Ricktator:

- Rick lost a family member and began to shut himself down from the rest of his group; he dealt with it, albeit by slaughtering Walkers. Philip lost a family member but contained her, shutting others out from his situation; this cost him his daughter, his eye, and now his sanity's probably taken an unnecessary hit.
- Guv'na led an operation for guns/better arsenal after rescuing someone. Rick led an operation with superior guns/arsenal to rescue someone.
- Guv'na lost his eye and rallied Woodbury. Rick lost Lori... now I think we've all been spoiled about what may or may not happen to him.

...that's as far as I've gotten in five minutes. I REALLY wanted them to meet eye-to-eye (no pun intended), I was holding my breath for Rick to land a shot on Guv'na, or for some kind of stand-off rather than Michonne vs Guv'na and Michonne vs Andrea.

Killing off Oscar just annoyed me. Why kill off T-Dog then if the new black dude was going to get killed two episodes later? I knew at least ONE of the good guys was going down before this battle was over, but the bad guys can't seem to aim for squat and they manage to hit the dark-skinned man. On the other hand, maybe Tyreese will finally have some significance both in action and dialogue. When he told Carl "We take care of our own" I felt like "this guy [wouldn't] get killed off".

Funniest part for me was when Daryl actually used the flashbangs/smoke grenades. I thought he was just joking last episode about that; where in the world id they find flashbangs? XD

All in all, I liked it - can't wait until February. Not quite thrilled with the deaths - but Michonne killing Penny was certainly unexpected. Just gives Guv'na another chip on his shoulder. If that eyepatch gets switched for a black one like in the comics, I'll feel like the storyline's finally snapped into place for a showdown of "good versus evil".

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon

Oh my god. What an amazing episode!

- Carl seriously is a fucking boss. Nobody can deny it at this point
- Governor is motivated by revenge now it's going to be much chaos. PENNY HIS EYE WSDVIN G
- Felt bad for Michonne, she was only telling them what she knew. Though she should of mentioned Andrea!
- NO OSCAR!

Michonne is annoying.

Why the hell didn't she tell them about andrea!!

No oscar. oh well, tyrese replaced oscar, who replaced t-dog....oh how quickly we all forgot poor t-dog :(

vampirebat

vampirebat

S-mart Employee

• Members
I have to say the whole Oscar thing has kind of got me upset, and introducing him to be fodder right after you killed your only main black actor is kind of a little suspicious

JuliaCaesar

JuliaCaesar

Infected

• Members
  • LocationNYC
Amazing episode! Had me on the edge of my seat. Can't wait for Feb! When will Andrea wake up?! Glad to see Philip almost gone and the rise of the 'Gov'!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!