What I Saw At Mcdonalds

- - - - - Glenn Maggie

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
So I was a wee bit hungry... went down to the McDonalds late night and went on inside. Passed by a couple and first thought I had when I saw them... (an very Asian guy and his Caucasian brunette girlfriend) was hey how did they get away from the Governor?
After a bit waiting in line to order the Asian guy came up to order something else and I couldn't resist.
Me: M'ask you somethin?
Asian: Uh, yeah sure.
Me: How the hell did you two get away from the Governor?
Asian, giving me a blank look: Uhh, I...I'm not sure I get the reference. (sounding VERY much like a confused Glenn).
Me: The Walking Dead dude. Glenn, Maggie, you know!
Asian, light slowly dawning on him then laughing: Ohhhh yeah okay! Ha ha alright!
Me, turning serious again: Uh so like how did you do it?
Asian: I dunno I haven't kept up with the show lately.
Me: Well, it's awesome and Glenn kicked ass in the last episode. You gotta keep up!
Asian, laughing: Yeah I will. That's funny what you did here.
Me: I'm weird that way.

The Asian guy had a ball cap (turned backwards) and a t-shirt with jeans and sneaker, the girl short cut brunette hair and a t-shirt/jeans... it was just one of those weird things that you see and it makes connections with the show. Almost made me wish that the ZA started at that moment and I could've lead them two away from danger... and have my own Ricktatorship going... only my name isn't Rick... but they dont' have to know that do they? LOL

Just had to share that moment.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Bestrafen

Bestrafen

Roamer

• Members
Maybe you saw Steven and Lauren and forgot to ask for a picture.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4
Hahaha, good story DC. :zombiethumbsup:
Jon is fine, dammit.

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah

Maybe you saw Steven and Lauren and forgot to ask for a picture.

Oh believe you me if it were actually them then I'd be pressing them hard for more details as they can give me... and yeah definitely a picture of both. But they definitely were not Steven and Lauren but it was just weird/fun seeing that combo casually sitting there as I went in.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

Hannah

Hannah

S-mart Employee

• Members
Dude you are so weird and rude. Its funny though. :)

leon the pig farmer

leon the pig farmer

Biter

• Banned
  • LocationLondon
Sounds like an awkward situation for that asian guy to have been in. Were you drunk?

biancardi

biancardi

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationBoston

Sounds like an awkward situation for that asian guy to have been in. Were you drunk?

yeah, I thought that was rude and quite awkward. So an Asian man and a white girl with brown hair = Glenn & Maggie? Heck, I have green-blue eyes and brown hair = I MUST be Angela Jolie!!!

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

yeah, I thought that was rude and quite awkward. So an Asian man and a white girl with brown hair = Glenn & Maggie? Heck, I have green-blue eyes and brown hair = I MUST be Angela Jolie!!!

That would be my automatic assumption were we to ever meet face to face.

BeardedOne

BeardedOne

Roamer

• Members
So let me get this right...

Some Asian dude is minding his own business in a burger joint, and you approached him making TWD references because the dude was with a brunette?

That makes no sense, and I would question the mental stability of anyone that approached me in such manner.

Seems pretty rude to me, and creepy to boot.

mrsinister222

mrsinister222

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOntario, Canada
this thread actually compelled me to register at least in part so i could say:

Wow.

That is racist and mildly insane.

Have some respect for people, some stranger doesnt want to hear about how much your fandom has destroyed your ability to process completely un-related social situations.

As a long time fan I feel like the OP epitomizes everything I was afraid of with how successful WD has gotten.

BeauL83

BeauL83

Biter

• Members
  • LocationAustralia
Okay guys I really think he didn't mean for it to sound racist. Lets just calm down.
I Believe In Rick Grimes

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah

Okay guys I really think he didn't mean for it to sound racist. Lets just calm down.

Thank you Beau. No I wasn't being racist at all, in fact I made NO references to his race directly, other than to mention that the combination was similar to the show's characters. I'm the last person you'd think to call racist.
Rude? Hardly, I was polite and asked first to speak. Plus I didn't walk up on them, he walked up on me whilst I was in line and I couldn't resist and turned and politely asked if I could ask him something. If he had given the slightest hint that he wasn't interested or annoyed, I'd stopped.
I love fucking with people, in a good way. 99.999% of the time the person walks away with a grin and a smile. I'd say that was a pretty damned good thing.
No, I'm far from being rude (at least in person). I will tell you what I think and I will say what I want to say. But I do know tact and respect and practice those first and foremost.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

Yeah, but that's always the problem. It's not meant to sound racist, but it does to the person you're speaking to.

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

Cynical Cadaverous Creeper

• Members
  • LocationThe Beyond
I do not find anything about the post racist. Stop trying to be offended by everything! Now, moving on...

""If a zombie bites you, you turn into a zombie. However, if a mummy bites you, all you turn into is some schmo with a mummy bite..."
Dellamorte Dellamore ... 'Of Death of Love'

GoodLookingMisc

GoodLookingMisc

Infected

• Members

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
You may not have had a malicious intent, and your post wasn't racist, but what you did was racist, even if it was probably the nicest racism that they'll face as an interracial couple. Its kind of at par with asking a random african guy with a denzel washington haircut for an autograph because you think he's denzel washington.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada
Don't you know you can't post personal stories around here DC. The faceless internet will eat you alive!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
People getting upset at that story has to be the saddest thing i have read on the interwebs today.....

Get over it people jesus......

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Duffy Duck

Duffy Duck

Biter

• Members
  • Location413

People getting upset at that story has to be the saddest thing i have read on the interwebs today.....

Get over it people jesus......

BUT ITS RACISTS!!!!!!!!! >:o

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
The world is a pretty messed up place and there's a lot of worse things for people to be upset over but don't just try to invalidate people's reactions to shit they think is wrong... Get over it, move on, be more apathetic, how does that help the world any? Maybe people should learn not to disturb other people going about their business just so they can make a racially motivated comment, was it a positive comment sure, and its a hell of a lot better than getting kicked out of a restaurant for kissing your date bc you guys are a mixed race couple(something that has happened to me before ps the restaurant is cool with me kissing my caucasion bf since we both look caucausion), and its certainly better than the native man that got bullied and pushed around just because of his skin colour while minding his own business in mcdonalds. But maybe if people taught their kids that its not okay to pester strangers minding their own bussiness in places of commerce, than we wouldn't have stories like this or the examples of escalation.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah
What I wrote as far as the dialogue that went on between me and the guy, was verbatium, including "oh, ha ha I see what you did there." So I wasn't sweating about what I was doing or how I approach people/strangers. T'ain't skeerd and I realized a long time ago that you can't shut yourself off from others and so politely speaking to them, respectfully speaking to them. How is that racist? If I were, then why would I even consent to speak to them?
I find it amusing however that folks seem to have the talent of ESP to know if that guy was offended or not. Are ye human? Or are ye vulcan?

Oh by the way, it wasn't thought of as racist until it was brought up.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

The world is a pretty messed up place and there's a lot of worse things for people to be upset over but don't just try to invalidate people's reactions to shit they think is wrong... Get over it, move on, be more apathetic, how does that help the world any? Maybe people should learn not to disturb other people going about their business just so they can make a racially motivated comment, was it a positive comment sure, and its a hell of a lot better than getting kicked out of a restaurant for kissing your date bc you guys are a mixed race couple(something that has happened to me before ps the restaurant is cool with me kissing my caucasion bf since we both look caucausion), and its certainly better than the native man that got bullied and pushed around just because of his skin colour while minding his own business in mcdonalds. But maybe if people taught their kids that its not okay to pester strangers minding their own bussiness in places of commerce, than we wouldn't have stories like this or the examples of escalation.

While i understand your point i have to disagree with anyone that thinks he did this out of racism , he was clearly trying to have some fun with the guy.

What would help the world is more people like DeadCave who are willing to strike up a conversation with complete strangers with good intent and less people shut off from the real world because they are to afraid to offend someone.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

gracie lou

gracie lou

Glenn Groupie

• Members
  • Locationunder the comic covers
I tell people they look like other people all the time. I just told a woman a few days ago that she looks like Robin from How I Met Your Mother. She said that her boyfriend (or was it husband?) can't even watch the show because it freaks him out so much. Is that really any different than DeadCave's observation, just because the guy that looked like an actor was of a different race than DC?

The only thing I found objectionable was that DC referred to the guy as "Asian" (instead of "Asian Guy" or "Guy" or "Glenn Look Alike") in the dialogue - not the conversation itself.

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
I don't know this seems kind of rude, even a bit racist maybe. I mean, it would be different if it weren't a stranger and you knew they were actually aware of TWD. Not everyone is (i know!)

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

I tell people they look like other people all the time. I just told a woman a few days ago that she looks like Robin from How I Met Your Mother. She said that her boyfriend (or was it husband?) can't even watch the show because it freaks him out so much. Is that really any different than DeadCave's observation, just because the guy that looked like an actor was of a different race than DC?

The only thing I found objectionable was that DC referred to the guy as "Asian" (instead of "Asian Guy" or "Guy" or "Glenn Look Alike") in the dialogue - not the conversation itself.

It depends, like if you actually look like the actress that plays Robyn than thatss fine, but if your only similar features are your skin colour and hair colour than yeah it's kind of racist, even if its meant as a complement.
Madam Scorpious <~<133€

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!